PDA

View Full Version : Sammiches

Raistlin
03-23-2010, 04:58 AM
In the ongoing quest for the Food Forum (which will amusingly die within a few weeks), aren't sammiches the most glorious of foods? Something so simple: put good stuff between two pieces of bread, and it is made better. It's almost magical.

What are your favorite types of sammiches? Discuss sammiches.

Bunny
03-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Ham, turkey, gouda/muenster cheese, banana peppers, Inglehoffer stone ground mustard and a light drizzle of italian dressing. On a hoagie/submarine roll.

It basically tastes like God crawled into your mouth, got cozy and took a nap for awhile.

Shlup
03-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Thanksgiving sammiches. Spout and avocado sammiches. Glorious, glorious sammiches.

Today I had a strawberry sammich on some strawberry bread I baked. Masterpiece I say!

Momiji
03-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Today I had a strawberry sammich on some strawberry bread I baked. Masterpiece I say!

What? Please elaborate. :ichigo:

Shlup
03-23-2010, 06:12 AM
I baked strawberry bread and then cut up strawberries and put it on the bread with some butter. Not much to elaborate!

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-23-2010, 06:15 AM
At work I toast ciabatta bun, then put on it lettuce, tomato, bacon bits, chicken, avocado and chipolte mayo! <3

I often make myself sandwiches with chicken fingers, ranch, lettuce (or spinach) and whatever else I have around. Usually on multi-grain bread!

Miriel
03-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Ultimate sandwich: Grilled blackened chicken, red onions, spicy chipotle mayo sauce, pepper jack cheese, & bacon on a ciabatta bun. omfg SO good.

I also enjoy a nice club sandwich.

Another sandwich I tried recently that was amazing had chicken breast, honey, honey mustard, bbq sauce, pepper jack, swiss, smoked gouda, a secret "dirty sauce" that tasted like amped up mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, and red onions on a dutch crunch roll. Really strange combination but it worked and tasted like heaven. It also took 3 hours for us to get this sandwich, so it damn well better have been good.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 08:14 AM
BLT, no question. Bacon crispy to perfection, a hint of lettuce with a playful tomato every now and then.. who could say no to that?

NorthernChaosGod
03-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Wheat bread, several deli meats, Swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, mayo. :D

Rodarian
03-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Tuna Sandwhichs with djion mustard....Or Salami/Balone (sp) sandwhiches... Yum yum!!

Momiji
03-23-2010, 04:46 PM
I baked strawberry bread and then cut up strawberries and put it on the bread with some butter. Not much to elaborate!

All right, but I've never heard of strawberry bread before. I must know how to make this!

Breine
03-23-2010, 04:53 PM
I seriously don't think I've ever had a sandwich I didn't like. Anything with cheese in it, though, and I'm sold!

Also, peanut butter and jelly/jam/whatever. Soooo good!

SammieBabe
03-23-2010, 07:45 PM
I go for Turkey, cheese and mustard on wheat at work periodically. Although I made a bacon sammich the other which was yummy.. :D

BarelySeeAtAll
03-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Wow, at looking at this thread it makes me feel like I haven't actually lived. . .
Strawberry jam + white bread ftw :|

Jess
03-23-2010, 07:55 PM
My favourite sammich: chicken, bacon, lettuce, red onions, green peppers, cheese and bbq sauce on a sub. mmmmmmmmmm!
mmm!

also, ham & coleslaw. ham, lettuce and mayo. mmm.

Nothing with tomatoes. yucky!

Pheesh
03-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Chicken, crispy bacon and swiss cheese toasted is just godly. If going the un-toasted route, I like to add lettuce, cucumber, olives, pickels and a light spread of mayo on one of the bread slices. Om nom nom nom nom.

Unbreakable Will
03-23-2010, 08:04 PM
I haven't eaten yet today and this thread is making me ridiculously hungry.

Best Sammich ever: Lightly toasted wheat bread, a combination of sliced swiss and cheddar cheese (usually have to slice the cheddar myself), smoked turkey (sliced), mustard/mayo. OMFG SO GOOD! :drool:

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 12:00 AM
My favorite sandwiches usually end up being a salad on some bread with maybe a teensy bit of meat in there. I also like egg/tuna/chicken salad sandwiches.

Xaven
03-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Ham, turkey, gouda/muenster cheese, banana peppers, Inglehoffer stone ground mustard and a light drizzle of italian dressing. On a hoagie/submarine roll.
Saliva just got everywhere. :p

Just throw every veggie available at a subway on a sandwich and it's good to go! Countless veggies are the best veggies!

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 12:19 AM
BLT, hold the tomato :D I don't like the texture of tomato. However, there are some times when I will eat it anyway and it doesn't bother me.

I seem to be a HUGE fan of Ham and cheese, I don't know why. But it's perfectly tasty :love:

Freya
03-24-2010, 12:26 AM
I like grilled chicken sammiches. With some onion on it and toasted and yummmmm.

Zeldy
03-24-2010, 12:28 AM
My favorite sandwiches usually end up being a salad on some bread with maybe a teensy bit of meat in there. I also like egg/tuna/chicken salad sandwiches.

Ooooh yes!

Whenever I get a Subway, I get my usual chicken, cheese, tomatoe, cucumber, lettuce.. but when they ask what sauce, I can't help myself. "Tomatoe.. and uh, mayonnaise!". The looks I get for combining the two, but it really is delicious!

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Another sandwich I used to make while in the US was this:

White or wheat, chicken with cheese grilled, with red onions, lettuce, tomatoes (sometimes), hot sauce and mayo.

Delicious.

G13
03-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Crunchy peanut butter sammiches! Hoo boy, nothing better.

Momiji
03-24-2010, 01:36 AM
This may sound kind of gross, but peanut butter and scrambled egg sandwiches are outstanding.

Jiro
03-24-2010, 03:53 AM
The best type of sandwich, I have to say, is ham, tomato, cheese and seeded mustard. That stuff is delicious, let me tell you! However, if it's a sandwich, then it must (should) be awesome.

Sandwiches are my one true love.

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Every time I buy bananas for peanut butter and banana sandwiches I end up just eating the banana :(

oddler
03-24-2010, 12:06 PM
I've been known to eat a straight-up cheese sandwich. Try putting pepperjack, american, and provolone between the bread then cooking it grilled cheese style. After it's done, sprinkle mozzarella over it and take a bite of heaven. :choc2:

G13
03-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Oh man that's sounds so freaking good. :drool:

oddler
03-24-2010, 01:13 PM
I know, right? This thread actually put the idea in my head again; think I'll go attempt it once more. :choc2:

SammieBabe
03-24-2010, 05:41 PM
This may sound kind of gross, but peanut butter and scrambled egg sandwiches are outstanding.

Youre right. That does sound gross.

Momiji
03-24-2010, 05:43 PM
It really isn't, though! I like it quite a bit. I haven't had one in ages, though.

It's pretty hard to fuck up a sandwich, so I'm a fan of them all-around.

Bunny
03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
It's pretty hard to smurf up a sandwich, so I'm a fan of them all-around.

It is pretty hard, but there are significant ways to do it. Like putting peanut butter on one.

Momiji
03-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Peanut butter is one of the best foodstuffs ever. What are you talking about? :colbert:

oddler
03-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Peanut butter is fantastic but I can see how using in some situations would be cause for spewing. :barf:

NorthernChaosGod
03-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Peanut butter is one of the best foodstuffs ever. What are you talking about? :colbert:
x2

Lawr
03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
I just had a sub sandwich for lunch today and it was pretty delicious.

I love every kind of sandwich there is, actually, especially roast beef sandwiches!