PDA

View Full Version : Rikku

~*~Celes~*~
03-23-2010, 05:31 AM
When I first joined this forum ten billion years ago, one of my first ever posts was my fangirl rage displaying itself because people decided Rikku is a slut because of how she dresses. Thinking about it now, her dressing is pretty darn slutty, but then again, she lives in a desert, doesn't she? So, shouldn't she be wearing layers so as to keep her body cool via sweat? Yuna should be wearing less, as Besaid has a more tropical climate, and thus, she should be just plain miserable in her long sleeves, long skirt, and boots.

Discuss the flaws in the logic of FFX and/or X-2.

Tavrobel
03-23-2010, 05:37 AM
No, because girls like sunburn. Duh.

Xaven
03-24-2010, 09:23 AM
I've always thought that Water and Lightning being opposite elements was rather silly. o_o I understand that they needed to work in water, what with the whole game being water based, and that they had fire/ice/lightning to begin with, but the end result is still kinda brow-lowering. :/

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 05:04 PM
You know I didn't think Rikku was that much ditz is until she FFX2....

It really surprises me to this day is that she changes her revealing bikini outfit to less of revealing one when she goes swimming...

Where is the logic in that!!

Tavrobel
03-25-2010, 02:04 AM
I've always thought that Water and Lightning being opposite elements was rather silly. o_o I understand that they needed to work in water, what with the whole game being water based, and that they had fire/ice/lightning to begin with, but the end result is still kinda brow-lowering. :/

I want you to pour some water on a mosquito catcher and see what happens.

pyrefly
03-25-2010, 01:31 PM
I never thought Rikku dressed "slutty" in the first game. Now the second game....that is a different story.

Women in desert climates wear long sleeves to protect their skin from the sun. Makes sense to me.

I never understood why anyone would want to be a guardian knowing the person they were guarding would die.

Mercen-X
03-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Flehweeplewobbledehgosphilwocky. Jemnesmy? Renesme?

Rikku is a ditz, playin to see. She should be Desert-Garbed. (but then again she's hanging with the crew of the Gullwings, she hardly she's the desert anymore)

qwertysaur
03-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Hydrolysis and short circuiting are likely the logic behind the Water/Lightning weaknesses. :p

Depression Moon
03-31-2010, 12:54 AM
I never understood why anyone would want to be a guardian knowing the person they were guarding would die.

In Wakka and Lulu's Case. They said They tried to convince Yuna not to be one, but she was intent on doing it and they wanted to be with her in her last moment rather than hearing about her death later. I think money might also be another issue. Being a guardian to a summoner is dangerous work and those summoners probably offer a lot of money and/or their will. Wakka probably took up that first guardian job of his because of money and he might've been tired of losing every match in blitzball.

Rikku was a unique character. I was kind of unsure of her job in the game. In X she used a monk's weapons, could steal, and her mix overdrive was like an alchemist's? At the time I didn't know what an alchemist was. She also has that weird copycat ability which I think belongs to mimes, in addition to that she has spare change and bribe, which would probably belong to gamblers.

So is she a Thief/Mime/Monk/Alchemist/Gambler?

TidusVsJecht
07-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Shes hot. 'nuff said.

BG-57
07-13-2011, 03:15 AM
I miss the goggles and the jumpsuit. Her default FFX outfit wasn't too bad, but the X-2 costumes range from cool (Alchemist) to horrible (Thief). I wouldn't mind so much except Thief is her default dress in the cutscenes.

I've noticed since FFVII characters being judged by the way they dress. Actually it's more a reflection of the designers than the characters themselves. That being said, Rikku went from being a cheerful foil in FFX to a genki girl in FFX-2, one of my least favorite archetypes. I thought it couldn't be outdone until Vanille proved me wrong.

I really liked her in FFX, but most of the carryover characters suffered in FFX-2.

Mirage
07-13-2011, 04:01 AM
Her default FFX attire is very nice. I wish she wore that in X-2.

blackmage_nuke
07-13-2011, 05:08 PM
I hated her big hair in X-2 and prefered her X outfit but wouldnt have minded the X-2 outfit if she just lost the wierd hair.

As for logic flaws, the monster arena guy can create monsters stronger than sin battle wise, why doesnt he send those monsters to fight sin instead

Nebulance
07-13-2011, 11:31 PM
As for logic flaws, the monster arena guy can create monsters stronger than sin battle wise, why doesnt he send those monsters to fight sin instead

Very good point. Not sure why I didn't realize this until now.

Rikku was smokin' in both games. I do agree with most others preferring her FFX attire. She came off as a bit too ditzy in X-2. Same goes for Yuna.

Roogle
07-13-2011, 11:40 PM
I remember being excited that Rikku joined the party because she has a stronger physical attack than the other two female party members when going through her original Sphere Grid.

Her default FFX attire is very nice. I wish she wore that in X-2.

Yes, I agree. I think that Final Fantasy X had much better costume design than Final Fantasy X-2.

10-Breaker
07-20-2011, 12:18 AM
I hated her big hair in X-2 and prefered her X outfit but wouldnt have minded the X-2 outfit if she just lost the wierd hair.

Yea I didn't like that hairstyle either, compared to the X one.

And the monsters, then the next generation would've had to deal with one new kickass sin, if you remember the process?

blackmage_nuke
07-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Yu Yevon takes over aeons, not fiends

10-Breaker
07-20-2011, 07:03 PM
There's always a way

TrollHunter
07-21-2011, 05:33 AM
Rikku's original design was obviously superior, as was her character.

Caelheim
07-27-2011, 10:30 AM
I never really liked Rikku. I suppose I can say the same about the majority of characters who happen to be rather happy-go-lucky or near perpetual in their light hearted nature within the Final Fantasy series. Most of the games have at least one character who fits that role!

In regards to her dress sense, though, I never really paid it much mind. It never really came off as 'slutty' to me. Men and women can wear what they want, really - I'd only class them as being a little, uh...loose if they happened to hit on everything that moved.

Jessweeee♪
07-27-2011, 04:17 PM
You know I didn't think Rikku was that much ditz is until she FFX2....

It really surprises me to this day is that she changes her revealing bikini outfit to less of revealing one when she goes swimming...

Where is the logic in that!!

Yeah, that was pretty silly. "Hot springs?! Better change out of this bikini and put my underwear on!"

Remon
07-27-2011, 05:23 PM
She took off the scarf hello??

black orb
08-02-2011, 02:40 AM
>>> I liked more the FFX-2 outfit..:luca:

Haha_YouAint
08-05-2011, 03:36 AM
I wish they hadn't dumbed her down for FFX-2. I like that they made Yuna a little tougher and not speak in that breathless voice in critical moments but they dumbed her down too.

Mirage
08-05-2011, 09:29 AM
You're not the only one.

FFX Rikku >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFX-2 Rikku.