PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger

~*~Celes~*~
03-23-2010, 05:49 AM
I'm currently playing through the amazing DS remake of this game and I LOVE it. The added content is amazing, though the bonus dungeons are difficult! But I like that :D

Anyway, this game is just...supberb. I love everything about it. The amazing soundtrack courtesy of Uematsu, the amusingly familiar character design via Toriyama, the storyline is pretty engaging, and Magus is pretty hawt.

Subject: Chrono Trigger. How many stars out of 5 do you give it?

5/5 for me~

TheAbominatrix
03-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Amazing game, five out of five. I love everything about it and the DS remake is tits. The added dungeons are great.

Btw, Uematsu only contributed a few of the songs to the sound track. Yasunori Mitsuda did the lion's share of it. It's so cute!

I really didn't like Toriyama's character design though, I hate his overly muscled art, everyone looks like everyone else with different wigs... but I agree that it fits the game a little more than, say, Amano.

Elly
03-23-2010, 12:41 PM
this is one of my all time favorite games i have 2 coppies for SNES (unfortunatealy both sets of posters have since been stolen), one for PSone, and one for DS... oh and Chrono Trigger has never been remade officialy, the ones on PSone & DS are ports/re-releases with extra stuff thrown in, though a remake would be nice... there is nothing i dislike about this game 10/5...

nik0tine
03-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Anyway, this game is just...supberb. I love everything about it. The amazing soundtrack courtesy of UematsuWait, what? Mitsuda did the Chrono Trigger soundtrack. Unless they added a whole new set of music for the DS remake, which would be complete blasphemy.

Also, Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games of all time in terms of mood and atmosphere. The color and artwork blends so perfectly with the music that one completely forgets about the stupid story and complete lack of character development. I agree with Ellys rating of 10/5.

VeloZer0
03-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Also, Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games of all time in terms of mood and atmosphere. The color and artwork blends so perfectly with the music that one completely forgets about the stupid story and complete lack of character development. I agree with Ellys rating of 10/5.
Totally. Whenever I think of bad game story elements that I dislike I always realize that CT did them, and was amazing for it.

10/5 stands.

Kumo
03-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Anyway, this game is just...supberb. I love everything about it. The amazing soundtrack courtesy of UematsuWait, what? Mitsuda did the Chrono Trigger soundtrack. Unless they added a whole new set of music for the DS remake, which would be complete blasphemy.

I think it might have been a joint project with Uematsu and Mitsuda. Mitsuda did about 80% of the tracks and Nobuo helped out with some of them. Back then all of the Square stuff was in house, meaning their music department could work together on games. If you watch the end credits, I think it has both of there names in there for music.

~*~Celes~*~
03-23-2010, 10:28 PM

I think it might have been a joint project with Uematsu and Mitsuda. Mitsuda did about 80% of the tracks and Nobuo helped out with some of them. Back then all of the Square stuff was in house, meaning their music department could work together on games. If you watch the end credits, I think it has both of there names in there for music.

He's right. I only remembered Uematsu specifically, but as Abominatrix also pointed out, there were two people working on music. Uematsu not being the main man. I definitely loved the soundtrack, anyway :D