PDA

View Full Version : I want a PSTwo

Flying Mullet
03-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I wish Sony would make a PSTwo with an available LCD screen like they did with the PSOne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSOne#PS_one). I always liked the compact version of the PSOne that you can take with you just about anywhere and play Playstation games. Having the ability to do this with PS2 games would be great. Plus, it would be a protable DVD player. I don't know if it would be hard to make it a Blue Ray player, but that would be cool too. Of course, it would be cool if it was a PSThree, but the technology is not there (yet).

Meat Puppet
03-23-2010, 02:02 PM
you got something against the slimline?

Mo-Nercy
03-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I guess he does. It doesn't have a built-in screen.

At first I thought it sounded like a silly idea, but then again, there are people out there who buy portable DVD players. One that plays games would be pretty good.

Flying Mullet
03-23-2010, 02:09 PM
you got something against the slimline?
It's too big.

Meat Puppet
03-23-2010, 03:04 PM
that's
lol i can't even write it

Iceglow
03-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I'm guessing FM was refering to the PS3 slimline, which is frankly bigger than the older consoles because it's just and inch and a half tall doesn't mean it's not going out further in the width dimension. The Slimline PS3 reminds me a lot of a hot-plate grill in terms of shape. Slimline PS2 with a screen would be awesome however they did do a lcd screen what would screw to the back of the ps2 (unofficial I believe) this was awesome however Mulley clearly missed the boat on this.

With the decreasing amount of PS2 games released I doubt Sony will do this, though perhaps the ps3 eventually could be an option.

Flying Mullet
03-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I remember seeing the third party screen a while back, but I didn't pick it up.

And I'm referring to the PS2 Slimline being too big. I like the PSOne because it's the size of a CD player, which is a perfect size. And with the LCD screen that was built specifically for it I felt made the perfect package. As the PS2 can play DVDs, I think it's the perfect travel companion if it was a little smaller.

For comparison purposes, the PSOne's footprint is 193 mm × 144 mm (7.5 in x 5.5 in) versus the PS2 Slimline's footprint of 230 mm × 152 mm (9 in x 6 in). The extra footprint of of 300 square mm or 11 square inches is just too much!

What can I say, I'm a sucker for the PSOne's look with the attached screen. :love: