PDA

View Full Version : Timing/Story specific side quests?

Flying Mullet
03-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Are there any side-quests that must be completed at or by a certain point in the game or else they will be missed? I'm thinking about playing through again and this time I might play just the main story portions to give the plot a little more heft (and I will be able to remember what the hell was happening before I spent 10 hours doing hunts). Of course, I don't want to miss out on any more side quests than I have to. Then, at the end of the game, I can go back and do all of the side quests.

Omni-Odin
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Not really. Unlike XIII, pretty much all side quests can be completed just before end-game. The way it should be.

PeneloRatsbane
03-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Except July the spy, that has to be done at a certain time

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 11:22 PM
I usually just went off on side-quests when my level became so bad I couldn't progress the story without dying 17 times every hour.

Which happened more often than you'd think.

Shin Gouken
03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Just flicking through the guide (which is really making me want to start up a new file) and under the "Help July the street ear" sidequest it reads -

" This side-quest becomes available once you have obtained the dawn shard. It is the only one in the whole game which is time specific: you must complete part 1 before you defeat Judge Bergan at Mt.Bur Omisace."

Flying Mullet
03-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Good to know. Thanks! :)