PDA

View Full Version : Shows You Miss

Freya
03-24-2010, 01:04 AM
So That 70's Show is on right now and I love this show. I miss the fact that it isn't still an active show. I'd like new episodes but it did have along run so I guess it's okay if it's gone but I still miss not having new s to watch.

What shows do you miss and wish they were still active?

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Hmm, I guess Stargate SG-1 when O'Neill was still in play. Oh, and My name is Earl stopped last year. And it was totally uncalled for to cancel Stargate Atlantis, right?

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 01:09 AM
When I saw the thread title the song to Rocko's Modern Life popped into my head and it's not leaving D:

Marshall Banana
03-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears! I have seasons one through three on DVDs, but not four through six.

Freya
03-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Oh, and My name is Earl stopped last year.

What I just started to watch that this year I didn't know it was canceled :(

I miss Dexter's lab too.. DEE DEE GET AUGHT OF MY LABOORAHTOORY!

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Another one I really miss is Scrubs, but I don't know, it continued, but without Zach Braff it seems doomed to fail.

Moon Rabbits
03-24-2010, 01:35 AM
IDK if Dexter is being canceled or not because of Michael C. Hall's cancer bidness, but I would miss it :cry:

And Six Feet Under incidentally.

Momiji
03-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Oh, and My name is Earl stopped last year.

What I just started to watch that this year I didn't know it was canceled :(

I miss Dexter's lab too.. DEE DEE GET AUGHT OF MY LABOORAHTOORY!

Oh man, I loved Dexter's Lab.
"IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII aaaaaaaaam making believe I'm sailing on the sea!"
take it, jessweeee♪

I liked Powerpuff Girls too, but I heard that's airing again on Boomerang or something.

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 03:22 AM
IIIIIIIIIII AAAAAAAAAAAAAAM making believe I'm captain of the pea!

I want to watch Power Puff Girls Z. I tried taking it to anime club but they were all like :nonono:

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Ed, Edd, and Eddy. That show was a staple of my childhood. I bet if I thought hard enough I could still recite an entire episode if I needed to! (Not that I would ever need to... xD)

Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears! I have seasons one through three on DVDs, but not four through six.

We've been blasting the theme song of that in my computer class for 2 straight weeks. The teacher normally allows music while we work, but I think he's going to lose it soon enough. Or maybe he already has considering he's begun to sing along. Did you know there was a acapella version?

Freya
03-24-2010, 03:27 AM
I thought there were new Ed, Edd and Eddys though :O My older brother was watching them I think.

I also miss angel and buffy :(

Crop
03-24-2010, 03:28 AM
Hmm, I guess Stargate SG-1 when O'Neill was still in play.

This for sho!

And it was totally uncalled for to cancel Stargate Atlantis, right?

No it wasn't. I disliked Atlantis. Mainly because of Ronon thinking he's so badass, Shepperd with his stupid jokes, McKay in the later series when he went ott, and I always thought The Wraith were stupid enemies.

Mainly, I'd say Tour Of Duty. It was a great show with a great group of characters. They cancelled it in the middle of a series, in the middle of a bunch of stories - that shouldn't be allowed!

Marshall Banana
03-24-2010, 03:46 AM

We've been blasting the theme song of that in my computer class for 2 straight weeks. The teacher normally allows music while we work, but I think he's going to lose it soon enough. Or maybe he already has considering he's begun to sing along. Did you know there was a acapella version?
I haven't heard it! Have you listened to the Japanese version? You can find it on YouTube. It's pretty funny.

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 03:53 AM

I haven't heard it! Have you listened to the Japanese version? You can find it on YouTube. It's pretty funny.

No, but I want to, and I looked for the Acapella version but I couldn't find it, I don't know where my friend got it from :(

I thought there were new Ed, Edd and Eddys though :O My older brother was watching them I think.

I also miss angel and buffy :(

The new ones ended too, and they were never quite as good as the originals anyway.

Crop
03-24-2010, 03:56 AM

The new ones ended too, and they were never quite as good as the originals anyway.

I agree, but did you ever see the movie?
It was the last Ed, Edd and Eddy cartoon ever made and was feature length, and you can watch it on YouTube.
I actually really enjoyed it, it was just as good as the original episodes.

McLovin'
03-24-2010, 04:01 AM
At the time you made this thread I was also watching That 70's Show 0_0

I miss Recess, Jackass, and Viva la Bam. Also Dexter's Lab and Codename: KND.

Freya
03-24-2010, 04:25 AM
We were probably watching the same one! I hear there is a new Jackass movie coming out though so you'll be able to get that taste of that show for a bit.

Bastian
03-24-2010, 05:25 AM
Gilmore Girls.

Yes, Gilmore Girls.

Look, I accidentally started watching it on it's premier and had been addicted ever since, and no other show is similar enough to it.

The head writer/creator did another show after Gilmore Girls called The Return of Jezebelle James or something, but it was awful because the studio made her do it as a half hour sitcom rather than the hour dramedy that she'd planned. Now she has a new show coming out on HBO that might be good and another one on the CW that might be good. But neither will be Gilmore Girls.

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 05:30 AM
Gilmore Girls, Dollhouse (even though it just recently cancelled, it was stellar, imho), Duck Tales, Garfield and Friends...Basically all the cartoons I ever watched as a kid, because those were good quality cartoons.

Bunny
03-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Arrested Development and Firefly are probably the top two. I understand why AD had to end, but Firefly could have lasted so much longer and been extremely good. It's terrible to think that a show like Firefly gets cut after barely a season while shows like American Idol are allowed on the air.

I also miss Veronica Mars, though the 'trailer' for a purposed fourth season that was included on the third season DVD wasn't all that interesting and didn't generate a lot of care from me. It was good while it lasted though. The jury is still out, but I might have developed serious feelings for Kristen Bell while watching this show.

Let's see... Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, although the former lasted long enough for a television show and the latter couldn't really go anywhere else. Out of the three Whedon shows listed here, I probably miss Firefly the most. I think the acting, writing, and storyline were far superior than anything on Buffy and Angel.

I also miss Conan.

Pheesh
03-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Invader Zim...so much. I also miss the West Wing and the Sopranos.

Freya
03-24-2010, 05:09 PM
YES! Zim! I miss it so much, that whole darker cartoon thing. But nooooo nickelodeon was all "too scary for kids!"

Momiji
03-24-2010, 05:33 PM
I kind of miss Ren and Stimpy too, as far as old Nickelodeon shows go. I bet that'd be way inappropriate for kids these days, though. :|

Freya
03-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Kids are such pansies these days! Well they do have weird shows like flapjack but the lack the awesome ones we had.

OH and the nick game shows! Like legends of the hidden temple and wild and crazy kids. I was waiting until I was old enough to go on those and then they went off air b the time I was old enough :(

Momiji
03-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Oooh, Legends of the Hidden Temple. I wanted to be on that show so bad. You could win freaking NES games then.

GO THROUGH THE SHRINE OF THE SILVER MONKEY.

Freya
03-24-2010, 05:43 PM
I remember I was always shouting out the answers and thought a lot of the kids on there were so stupid cause they didn't know them xD

Momiji
03-24-2010, 05:48 PM
There's this one quiz-like show on these days that my brother watches sometime-- I don't remember the name-- but it's so ridiculously easy my brother (11) is yelling at the idiot kids for getting the simplest questions wrong when they pretty much give you the answer.

It's nowhere near as cool as the older shows were, what with the slime and quirkiness.

Freya
03-24-2010, 05:53 PM
What was that one where you had to like guess what the thing was and there were people who sometimes had talents. It was like a family thing or something. I can't remember the name right now.

Momiji
03-24-2010, 05:56 PM
No no, that was called 'Figure it Out'. I liked that show!

I remember now. The one I'm talking about is 'BrainSurge' and it's probably the most simple game show they've ever aired. Kind of sad, really.

Ooh, do you remember All That and Kenan and Kel? I loved those shows, too.

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 05:58 PM
I miss Angel... The show left way too soon.. It was darker and a lot more mature in story and dialogue than BtVS(post highschool)

I too admit that I miss Gilmore Girls.. They had such witty dialogue and I often thought that my humor was akin to Laura Sr.

Flying Mullet
03-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Eli Stone was a show that was canceled and I really miss it. :(

Breine
03-24-2010, 06:21 PM
I also miss Dexter's Lab - Cartoon Network used to have some good shows back in the day. "Omelette du fromage!" xD

I sorely miss Buffy and Angel too. Two of my absolute favourite shows ever. Also, Firefly of course.

Freya
03-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Only reason Angel ended the way it did was because of being cancelled. I havent' seen firefly yet but I hear it's also a great whedon show.

And yes figure it out that was the show! I miss those type of game shows. :/

NorthernChaosGod
03-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

At least BSG wasn't just up and cancelled, but I still miss it.

Another one I really miss is Scrubs, but I don't know, it continued, but without Zach Braff it seems doomed to fail.

The new season is so ass.

Momiji
03-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Yeah. When the new season of Scrubs started, I got bored and moved on to House, which is superior in pretty much every way. :p

Rebellious Eagle
03-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Well, I miss all the 90's shows on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. They were the bane of my childhood. D:

MJN SEIFER
03-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Dexter's lab

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Recess, Also Dexter's Lab and Codename: KND.

All of those shows are still on :cool:

Theres a few things I miss, but have some on Video, and they occasionally appear on YouTube - but I would eventually get DVDs if they're out.

Freya
03-24-2010, 11:16 PM
They aren't NEW though. Sure reruns are on all the time but that doesn't mean it's new content :/

McLovin'
03-25-2010, 05:20 AM
I've seen every episode of those shows so I wish there were new ones :p

~*~Celes~*~
03-25-2010, 05:22 AM
I also miss Veronica Mars

I agree. Veronica Mars was amazing. I have yet to watch the entirety of the third season, but I would totally watch a fourth season or even a movie, had the rumors been true.

Vermachtnis
03-25-2010, 06:01 AM
And even when they got the questions right, they could never put that stupid monkey together. xD

I miss Doug, no one else has mentioned that. Doug was awesome, the one on Nick any way, the Disney Doug wasn't as good. And Rugrats. Rugrats was awesome. A babies gotta do what a babies gotta do.

Flying Mullet
03-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Ed, Edd, and Eddy. That show was a staple of my childhood. I bet if I thought hard enough I could still recite an entire episode if I needed to! (Not that I would ever need to... xD)
Plank!

Bastian
03-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
This.

While much of the second season was terrible, the last episode was pitch perfect. It served as a superb series finale, but it still made me want to see more. I really would have loved to see what a season three would have been like after that.

And Kyle XY. Yup.

MJN SEIFER
03-25-2010, 10:31 PM
They aren't NEW though. Sure reruns are on all the time but that doesn't mean it's new content :/

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about shows that weren't on the air at all not even any reruns - I don't "miss" shows if the reruns are still on, because if it's a show I love then old episodes are better than no episodes.

I miss Doug, no one else has mentioned that. Doug was awesome, the one on Nick any way, the Disney Doug wasn't as good.

Nick's Doug is also still on on Nickelodian(sp) at around 10:30 if you want to see it - haven't seen Disney Doug for ages (I kind of want to to see if it's as bad as people said - or if I can find anything "saveable" in it.)

NorthernChaosGod
03-25-2010, 10:31 PM
I quite enjoyed the second season, it was kind of a mess, but it felt like the show was maturing. And I definitely wanted more after the finale, I really wanted to find out what happened with John and Cameron/Allison.

PeneloRatsbane
03-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Pushing Daisies, I couldn't get enough of that. absolute escapism! Just I started watching, it got cancelled!

Bastian
03-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Pushing Daisies, I couldn't get enough of that. absolute escapism! Just I started watching, it got cancelled!

OMG! I forgot about Pushing Daisies! Loved it! However, I only started watching it AFTER it got canceled because I was a huge fan of Dead Like Me (which I also need to add to my list!).

And Samantha Who? That was a great too-short-lived show.

Pheesh
03-26-2010, 09:25 PM
I doubt anyone here would have seen it, but there was an Australian show called 'Love My Way', which ended on a note that I wish would have just continued. It was an amazing show at times as well.

Madonna
03-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Dollhouse (even though it just recently cancelled, it was stellar, imho)I must point out Dollhouse ended where intended; there was no cancellation! Firefly died before its time, but picking up the movie and comics are suggested!

I am grievously harmed every time a show ends before it can get a proper ending! I want closure and I do not want to write it myself!

Rantz
03-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Firefly, Pushing Daisies, Arrested Development, Kings.