PDA

View Full Version : PC vs Handheld vs Console

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Personally, I am a fan of all three.

PC: When I'm playing games here at my PC, I tend to get more into them, for some reason. Playing Morrowind with my lights off at night was one of the best experiences ever, the game is just so beautiful.

Handheld: I like this for games that I quite simply can't put down, simply because if I have a handheld, I don't have to put them down :cool: Ideal for Harvest Moon and Chrono Trigger, for me, at least.

Console: I like to be able to play some games online, like Halo, because I can play with my friends. I also like to be able to show off my achievements (though I don't have many yet!), and being able to sit in the living room on the couch with my blanket while I do some heavy-duty gaming all night is always fun <3

Topic: Which is your preferred method of gaming, and why?

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 01:53 AM
I used to prefer PC over pretty much anything, no matter what subject. But these days games are made for consoles and ported to a PC. So I'm chaning my answer to Consoles for games, and PC for anything else.

Freya
03-24-2010, 01:57 AM
I can't pick just one! I like PC because it's convenient for me but my graphics card blows lately so I haven't been doing much.

I like console because I like having the control in my hand rather than just a keyboard.

And handhelds are fun for on the go things when I wouldn't have my other systems.

Momiji
03-24-2010, 01:57 AM
It's really hard to say.

The PC has MAME, which automatically makes it fantastic-- not to mention all of my Touhou games are on the PC as well.

Consoles seem to get all the other arcade games I want that the PC didn't get.

Handhelds get good puzzle games and RPGs.

I really couldn't pick just one!

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 02:04 AM
I've never had a computer capable of running any awesome PC game well, so that gaming option has basically been void my entire life, one of these days I'll probably give it a try. I tend to like console gaming more than handheld because TV's are nice, however let's face it, Handhelds are convenient.

Yeargdribble
03-24-2010, 03:09 AM
I fear that this could end up being unintentional flame-bait, but I hope I'm wrong.

I like them all. They all have certain perks and even types of games that work better on them. I wouldn't want to go without any of them.

NorthernChaosGod
03-24-2010, 04:08 AM
I'll gladly play games on all three, but if I was forced to choose only one platform for the rest of my life it would be console by far.

Xaven
03-24-2010, 06:56 AM
I fear that this could end up being unintentional flame-bait, but I hope I'm wrong.
You're just stuck in war-time mediator mode! xP

PC games feel flimsy for me. Playing with a mouse and keyboard, with the experience varying depending on the capabilities of your hardware. They just seem loose! I suppose that's why I like console games--they're like franchised restaurants! Sameness everywhere! Not to mention the stability of a controller in hand versus keyboard under fingers. And I've never really gotten into handheld games! I like to focus on what I'm doing, so if I'm gonna devote attention to a game, might as well go full out with a console. :D

Depression Moon
03-24-2010, 10:01 PM
I haven't really played PC gaming. I had started with Diablo II one time and haven't started it again since it's on a old computer that i don't use anymore and I don't know if I can transfer it onto this one.

I haven't had a handheld system since 2001 or something it was the GBA. I only had Yoshi's Island for it. Damn, I'm mad I lost that. I could use a handheld while I'm at the depot.

Iceglow
03-24-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm a fan of all 3 really, theres certain games I just cannot play on some formats for example, I cannot stand fps games on the handheld (such as CoD 3 on psp) because they plain suck at giving me the control I need. I cannot play strategy games on my 360 because with the exception of Halo Wars and Civ Rev (minus the next 360 controller part for civ) which was custom built for the 360 controller, the console sucks at giving me the precision I like in controlling such games, I also feel the best Strategy games come out on pc, Dawn of War 1 and 2 and so on.

I prefer consoles for pretty much everything else and also being a complete achievement whore (yeah I know I fell in to the trap, though I don't just buy/play games for the achievements I prefer to get the games I want to own and then 100% them) which means the xbox 360 achievement system keeps me buying games I want on the 360 over other formats. I do however play PSX games on my laptop since my memory card for the psx died years back. I also am considering buying a pc version of oblivion for the fact that I want to mod the game some and cannot do it on the 360.