PDA

View Full Version : Moving!

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 05:47 AM
So, my family and I are moving to North Toledo in the next 2 weeks-ish, depends on how long it takes for the final work projects to be completed on the house.

This will be my first time actually getting to decorate my bedroom properly, as we never had the money for anything before, so I'm pretty pumped. I'm planning on going with an oriental theme like this here (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/610VKAQXE4L._SS500_.jpg), except my walls will be a creme-color and my sheets and such will be red, my furniture will be black, and my accent color will probably be gold.

Subject: What is your dream bedroom theme? Pictures are encouraged :D

Værn
03-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Hmmm... my medieval dungeon idea would involve using only torches to light an enclosed room, and for some reason I have a feeling that that would be a horrible idea... and my computer wouldn't fit in at all in that sort of a room...

Freya
03-24-2010, 06:22 AM
I've been kinda wanting to do something to my room lately.

I want to get like christmas lights and put them along the top of my ceiling and then get some thin silk like cloth to hang from it also. That way the lights shine through the cloth and makes my room have colorful softer feel.

I don't know if this will work well or not but I think it's a good idea.

Jiro
03-24-2010, 06:31 AM
I planned my dream bedroom in my class-for-kids-better-than-the-rest in year 5 (at least that's what they told us it was). As it turns out, it is near identical to my current bedroom set up.

But sometime this year I should be relocating downstairs. My room is going to be far more square than it is now; my room is 14mx3m at the moment D:

I'm not quite sure how I would like to have it. I would really love to have a clean desk so I guess I'm going to need a filing cabinet :p

Xaven
03-24-2010, 07:33 AM
I think it would be fun to have all black/white furniture, paint, and carpet! It would encourage me to keep everything extraordinarily neat! I'm afraid though that the general layout will be left largely to the order in which I acquire the furniture! And luck. xD

I planned my dream bedroom in my class-for-kids-better-than-the-rest in year 5 (at least that's what they told us it was). As it turns out, it is near identical to my current bedroom set up.
Dude, same here, though it was a dream house. It was my house as it was plus an added room soley for viddy games~~

But sometime this year I should be relocating downstairs. My room is going to be far more square than it is now; my room is 14mx3m at the moment D:
Holey moley is your room rectangtular! Did you split the attic in half lengthwise, or what? xD

And ~*~Celes~*~, make sure your bed is low to the ground! Really high+poofy and "oriental" is a silly mixture! x]

Zeldy
03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Aahhhhhhh when I leave to stay in dorms at University, my brother is claiming my huuuge bedroom, and when I come home to visit I'll be in his tiny to-be-made-into-a-guest-room room ;_; It really, really saddens me. It's my room dammit!

When my room was first decorated (it's lilac and silver), my Mum adored it and said it was the best room in the house. Now the walls are covered with that many posters that it's no longer her favourite.. :jess:

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 12:57 PM
I don't know, I'll probably let me wife do that one for me.

My actual room always seems to end up with the following recipy though:

- A bed
- Big ass TV
- Lots of couches and room for when my friends come over to drink.
- State of the art PC
- filled up with electronics in all the empty spaces.

I make it work. :cool:

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 09:13 PM
It awesome that you get to redecorate your room.

I'm actually in need of giving my room a make over.. I'm planning to frame my poster scrolls. Plus I'd like to keep a more minimal look to my room...

In fact most of my stuff is packed and only a quarter of it is being shown.

While I'd love to show everything.. This place here gets very dusty very quikly.. And believe you me I have no patience for it!! So something modern but with my own personal anime touch...

The next time I suppose I'll able to decorate my room is when I'll get married but we all know who will actually handle the decorations... She better not to anything too girly or floral! *blech*

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 09:18 PM
@Xaven: My bed will be a futon. Functional and space-saving ftw! :cool: Those tend to be lower than big poofy beds, so woo!

@The guys in this thread that fear their wives will make their rooms flowery and girly: Tell them to hire me as their Interior Decorator, and I'll make sure that doesn't happen. :cool:

Chloe.
03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
At the moment I have the smallest room in the house, which I share with my sister. But as soon as my oldest brother moves out I get to move into one of the big bedrooms! I'm still thinking about what colours and things I want in there, it will probably be pink though. :jess:

Rantz
03-25-2010, 06:46 PM
If I redecorated my place it'd totally be filled with floral themes and stuff. Floral patterns are my favourite. :D

Peegee
03-25-2010, 07:31 PM
My rooms are always very plain and 'functional'. That said there's lots of room around to do things in, so there's some benefit to it.

I have a desk in my room, for example. I have NO idea what it is doing there. I don't have any chairs in my room, so the desk is useless as a desk -- it's more a laundry basket than a desk.

:) I should take pics.

Breine
03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
I have a pretty eclectic style of decorating I think. As for a theme.. I don't know.. well, I'm in the middle of packing and will be moving into my own apartment soon (next Thursday to be specific), and I've bought a lot of stuff in thrift stores. So yeah, eclecticism is probably the word to describe it.

Jess
03-25-2010, 10:49 PM
I want a similar colour theme to you, Celes - but not oriental. Cream and Red, or cream and black, or a mixture of the three. I want to decorate my room like this when I start renting my flat/house (when I find one, anyway!)

at home, at the moment, my room is bright pink. I like it, because I love bright colours but I want something more fresh and clean in my new room. :jess:

Jessweeee♪
03-26-2010, 03:33 PM
I want a pretty leaf motif :3