PDA

View Full Version : KH III Depends on Versus Sales

Depression Moon
03-24-2010, 10:23 PM
BBS Ultimania Details: 3 New KH Titles? « HEARTSTATION.ORG (http://heartstation.org/?p=2093)

“About the next title, Kingdom Hearts 3 depends on Final Fantasy XIII Versus, but development of the next title is already underway. There are two titles other than Kingdom Hearts 3 in conception, and I think I’ll release one within this year.”
“As from next year, I want to put out a title with multiple main characters.”
“The series won’t end in Kingdom Hearts 3, more like the conclusion of the Xehanort saga.”
“It’s not the case that when Sora’s story is over another hero’s story will begin; Sora will be the hero until the end.”

credits goes to Squirrel from FXN.

PuPu
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
I think you're forgetting the most important part:

And on the overseas version: “We added the Critical degree of difficulty, more cutscenes, more songs to the Rhythmic Ice Cream mini game, more Keyblades, more types of enemies and altered battle balance. I still can’t say we’ll release a Final Mix, but we can’t give it the generous treatment like with Re:Chain of Memories.”

I fucking love you Nomura.

Depression Moon
03-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Isn't that about another game? I don't see how they would be talking about an overseas version of KHIII if they're not even sure if they're going to make KH III. Maybe they're talking about Birth by Sleep?

PuPu
03-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Oh.

Well, still. Yay.

P4ine
03-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Oh.

Well, still. Yay.
:D

Ouch!
03-28-2010, 04:03 AM
When he says it depends on Versus, that's not about Versus's sales. The team making Versus XIII is largely responsible for the numbered KH titles. Production on KH3 cannot start in full force until they complete Versus XIII. It's not an issue of whether or not Versus does well.

Mercen-X
03-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Plus, I'm pretty sure a Versus XIII character will cameo in Kingdom Hearts Triplicatus.