PDA

View Full Version : I used to hate this song, but it's growing on me ;-;

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Everyone knows what I'm talking about. The song you hate, and yet, it's slowly worming its way into that little space you didn't know you had in your heart, the spot reserved for songs you should hate, but can't.

In this case, and I know probably everyone on this site will laugh at me for this: Tik Tok.

*waits for the trouts*

What's your guilty pleasure?

MJN SEIFER
03-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Tina Turner - River Deep.

As a child, I really hated Tina for no reason - so I'd hate it whenever any of her songs came on, I'd avoid them. Now, me and my family go to this holiday place every so often, and our main port of call is a club that has random singers (usually non-famous) every night. Many of the female singers would sing "River Deep" - a Tina Turner song.

Natuarly I always moaned - "What's she singing this @$%& for?!" However I eventually, after constantly being "forced" to listen to it - the song seems alright - I also realized that as a kid just randomly hated Tina - I had no idead why, I didn't even KNOW her! I have absolutly nothing against her now either.

G13
03-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Tik Tok.

:onoes:

Desperate Union- You're Leaving. At first it sounded kinda annoying but it's growing on me.

NorthernChaosGod
03-25-2010, 02:31 AM
I don't really have any guilty pleasures with music, I'm fairly open with anything that I listen to. But I do like music that I just know is not very good, like Linkin Park's first album. :jess:

bipper
03-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Bad Romanace. I hate it. But I love it.

Kelly clarkson may be a guilty pleasure of mine.

Bastian
03-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Fireflies. I hated Owl City when I first heard them. And while I can still aknoledge that it is terrible music . . . I like listening to it. And then feel awful afterwards. It's like knowing I shouldn't eat pizza or a chocolate bar or something and doing so anyway. :(

oddler
03-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Tik Tok.

Bad Romanace.

Kelly clarkson may be a guilty pleasure of mine.

But I do like music that I just know is not very good, like Linkin Park's first album. :jess:

Yes. Yes. Yes. Except I actually really like Tik Tok and all of Hybrid Theory.

Captain Maxx Power
03-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Bad Romanace.

I'm actually in a weird place with Miss Gaga. On the one hand everyone seems to absolutely hate her, she tried far too hard and people despise her music. Yet I find her stuff to be kind of funky and fun to listen to. Plus I'm sure she's pretty much just IRL trolling for the lulz as a career, and I always love subversive types.

Mo-Nercy
04-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Jason Derulo's songs. I hate myself for enjoying them.

rubah
04-02-2010, 02:50 PM
The first time I realized this was happening was with Northern State - Trinity. I was singing almost the entire song at school because it was stuck in my head, but I hated the song! It was awful. I like it now

Pheesh
04-02-2010, 03:02 PM
There's a few paramore songs that I like quite a bit.

Also, Hot n' Cold by Katy Perry.

I horrify myself sometimes, but if it's any consolation I only gave them a chance because Hayley Williams and Katy Perry are sooo hot.

NorthernChaosGod
04-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Mmmm whatcha say,
Mmm that you only meant well?
Well of course you did
Mmmm whatcha say,
Mmmm that it's all for the best?

There's a few paramore songs that I like quite a bit.

Also, Hot n' Cold by Katy Perry.

I horrify myself sometimes, but if it's any consolation I only gave them a chance because Hayley Williams and Katy Perry are sooo hot.

Paramore is rad. :mad2:

Chris
04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I never ever listen to Duffy, nor is it the kind of music I would ever listen to... "Warwick Avenue" is brilliant. I hate that I like it so freaking much. :D

PuPu
04-02-2010, 10:28 PM

Panic! At The Disco

demondude
04-02-2010, 10:54 PM

Panic! At The Disco

No.78
04-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Yep, this happened to me with a certain Leona Lewis song.

You know the one.

fml

Vyk
04-04-2010, 06:46 AM
So weird. I like Ke$ha and in a similar vein I -sorta- like Lady Gaga. I don't find that to be any kind of guilt. Much like I love a lot of Avril's music and I too love Hybrid Theory. And even ReAnimation. Old Linkin Park was good. Everyone hates this stuff, or thinks they're a guilty pleasure? No guilt here. I like what I like. There's 3 My Chemical Romance songs I kinda like. I hate the band. But I don't feel guilty about those songs. They're actually good. Somehow. I'm sure its not the band's fault though lol

I really can't think of anything I hated that's grown on me... I guess I just don't deny or deprive myself of stuff I like

I guess I could say I liked that Kevin Federline song for a minute haha I would not support him for anything. And now after talking about Lady Gaga... Cartman sang one of her songs. Now I'm imagining him singing "I'm Bringing Sexy Back" (which I wouldn't be surprised if he -has- sung it) /amused

Mo-Nercy
04-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Mmmm whatcha say,
Mmm that you only meant well?
Well of course you did
Mmmm whatcha say,
Mmmm that it's all for the best?
I'm also finding myself singing his name in my head the same way he does to introduce every one of his songs every time I talk about him.

Rad Bromance
04-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Chris Brown - I Can Transform Ya

=/

Awrini
04-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy and Gin blossoms - Competition Smile...

Hell Gin Blossoms is growing on me, I used to hate that band so much.