PDA

View Full Version : It just dances on your tongue~

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-25-2010, 05:40 AM
So today I went to Chinatown with a friend/co-worker and before we left I wanted to go to a pastry shop to pick up a few things because it has tasty things for pretty cheap.

I bought three things, but one really surprised me. It was this gelatinous ball that was honey dew melon flavoured with coconut flakes on it and in the inside peanut. At first I was a bit skeptic, but was actually surprised. The different textures and contrast between the tastes were perfect. The jelly-like smoothness of the honey dew against the slight crunch of the peanut as well as how the saltiness of the nuts complimented the slight sweetness that comes from the honey dew jelly.

My friend who was with me called it "refreshing" which I agreed.

All-in-all I was thoroughly impressed.

I also bought this cream filled pastry which I usually get and another pastry that had black sesame inside (first time trying it and was pleasantly surprised as well).

So my fellow EoFFers, what new foods have you tried lately that perhaps seemed a bit odd but in the end surprised you for the good? :D

Laddy
03-27-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm a food pansy. :( I don't eat let my food touch, so I'm not very culinarilly adventrous.