PDA

View Full Version : Blade or Edge?

MJN SEIFER
03-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Would you say the game made before the Soul Calibur games is known better as "Soul BLADE" or "Soul EDGE".

Edge was it's original name, and I think it kept it in most places (but I'm not sure) I am from England and I know for a fact that it was called "Soul Blade" there for some reason.

I would apreciate knowing this for what I will eventually do.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-26-2010, 01:21 AM
It was called "Soul Blade" in America, too. I've heard that "Soul Edge" couldn't be used due to conflicting copyrights, but I'd assume it had just as much to do with not trusting audiences to wrap their heads around the idea that "edge" could refer to a blade's edge.

I almost always side with the creator's original intent, so Soul Edge all the way.

Kyros
03-26-2010, 07:26 AM
I've never heard it called Soul Edge. The only time I've heard that name was when they were referring to the weapon in the game.

KentaRawr!
03-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Soul Edge is how it was known in arcades everywhere, and on consoles in 2/3 of the areas it was released in. :p Soul Edge for sure.

Breine
03-26-2010, 05:12 PM
I know it as Soul Blade.

Mo-Nercy
03-28-2010, 12:21 PM
I didn't get into the series until Soul Calibur 2. When I first started playing it, I knew about Soul Blade but I thought it was an unrelated game. I found out later that it was the precursor to Soul Calibur though.

Another slight alteration in the naming of the series I've noticed is in the loss of a space between the words Soul and Calibur. Why is it that the game is now written Soulcalibur instead of Soul Calibur?