PDA

View Full Version : Unsure If You Heard The Philosophy

Madonna
03-26-2010, 12:42 AM
[Less Talk More Rock] (http://boingboing.net/features/morerock.html)

The above is a link to a presentation by Superbrothers, and independent game developer, and the presentation is about how the presenter feels games should be designed and the ideas behind the philosophy of "Less Talk More Rock"! I really do feel this is an interesting read and is worth a few minutes of anyone's time; perhaps you can agree, perhaps not, and perhaps this might help change your perspective towards both contemporary games and those of yore!

After reading, you might be inclined not to Talk in this thread, but after being awesome enough to Rock in reading, a little Talk is okay!

VeloZer0
03-26-2010, 12:53 AM
That page is formated so terribly I'm not even going to try to attempt to read it. Which is a shame because it seemed interesting from the first two sentences I read.

bipper
03-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Having made a few hobby games myself and wanting to make it in the industry when I was younger, I very much agree. The music industry is the record industry meets Hollywood. The scene is very dead to me, but I used to run a little outfit during high school and college named GOEgames - or BipCo.

The whole GOE thing came from my old determination and don't stop attitude. I had made a few muds and online turn-based games myself, and with the release of Java 1.2, I began a graphical venture which was closed down due to a lot of betrayal going on in my life. From friends, to project partners, to my wife - everything just went wrong at once and I dropped my old life completely.

That aside, our motto was "Just GOE, damn it." It reminds me a bit of this company of fellows. It is a shame it all ended the way it did. I don't even talk to any of my old partners anymore.

Full circle, I agree, less talk - more rock is truly something the video game industry could use.

I was re-dreaming starting again. I would absolutely love to. If I did, I certainly love the serendipical design process we had. We truly pumped out a lot out of Muds and even our little PvP applet game, haven.