PDA

View Full Version : Playing With Yourself

Yar
03-26-2010, 06:11 AM
Do you play any Final Fantasy or other SE music? :greenie: Which instrument do you play? I have the piano arrangement book for Final Fantasy V, so right now I'm working on "My Home Sweet Home", "Harvest" and "Final Fantasy"

"Final Fantasy" is the easiest, and "Harvest" is definitely the most difficult. :p

P4ine
03-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I play the piano and I mostly play classical songs (Such as Beethoven, Chopin and co) and video game music- mostly Kingdom Hearts, I guess.

The problem is that I always use to start to practise a title and I simply drop it after a while. So I barely play whole songs haha
But I could do some sort of Medley consisting of FF6-FF10 music.... hopefully :D

Slothy
03-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I play piano and drums, but obviously I only play music on the piano. I have the piano arrangement books for FFVI, VII, and IX, and the sheet music for the VI and VII piano collections.

Right now I'm working my way through Terra and The Mystic Forest from the VI piano collection, and I'll occasionally break it up by playing through an easier arrangement from one of the other books.

I've also started practicing my arrangement and music production skills by trying to recreate some of the original songs using the piano arrangements as a base to work from. It's pretty fun actually, and a good challenge.

~*~Celes~*~
03-26-2010, 08:31 PM
I used to play Suteki Da Ne over and over on my clarinet. It actually helped improve my technique :D

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 05:56 AM
I found the sheet music for FF IX in a bookstore the other day :p
I'd get it if I knew how to play the piano.

Yar
03-30-2010, 04:28 AM
I found the sheet music for FF IX in a bookstore the other day :p
I'd get it if I knew how to play the piano.

:eek: I have to buy all mine on the Internet...

Jiro
04-04-2010, 01:57 PM
I like to tap the tunes on hard surfaces. It only has a handful of sounds but I make do.

BG-57
05-11-2010, 10:57 PM
I once attended a mass where a teenager played Aerith's theme on piano during communion. It worked well in context but it was personally distracting because I recognized the source.

Mo-Nercy
05-12-2010, 12:46 AM
I have a really cheap, second-hand guitar that I've never learnt to play. But I can string together a few notes to make it sound like To Zanarkand. I can also play a bit of Aerith's Theme.

I once attended a mass where a teenager played Aerith's theme on piano during communion. It worked well in context but it was personally distracting because I recognized the source.
I went to a high school with a really posh and formal assembly ceremony. We'd have to be upstanding as the Headmaster, the two deputies, our Captain and Vice Captain and the distinguished guests walked down the hall guided by a prefect holding a massive banner. It was a very big deal at our school. They'd usually walk down to some sort of classical piece.

And then one day - The Imperial March ^^

Ezme
05-17-2010, 09:27 AM
I play flute and a little keyboard (rather than piano, I'm all chords and simpleness!) and I play a lot of FF. I usually just use the piano sheets as theres not a lot of flute specific. It involves a bit of creative thinking at times, transposing and reading parts of the bass line but it generally works. I want more FFXIII music to come out, theres a lot of flute in there including some more unusual Jazz flute.

I'm lucky, my old flute teacher was very open minded and actually quite liked some of the pieces, aerith's theme and such like, and used to help me. It was a good insentive too, FFX Ending Theme was a real challenge :)

Rostum
06-28-2010, 10:35 AM
I've learnt quite a lot of video game music for guitar; mainly stuff from Final Fantasy and Chrono Cross. I've also been studying piano lately and can play a bit of Tina's Theme.

I love to do arrangement of video game music though, using Cubase with recorded guitar/piano and virtual instruments (I have the symphonic gold collection from East West which sounds so beautiful). I did this so many years ago, and I'd love to go back and re-do it.

Interupted by Fireworks - Arrangement by Omecle (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y5AIEJEJ)

In fact, I've neglected my music for a few years and am starting to get back in to it. I've got some nice plans for quite a few rearrangement of video game songs.