PDA

View Full Version : Why was Sephiroth confirmed first and Cloud (Strife) confirmed last?

SuperMillionaire
03-26-2010, 03:54 PM
I remember seeing Sephiroth in the very first trailer for Dissidia, about a year and a half before the Japanese release, but then I never saw Cloud (Strife) in the game until the final month before the release; he was among the last few characters confirmed for the cast. Why was that?

Wolf Kanno
03-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Probably to create drama I would gather. Sephiroth was only confirmed first cause he appeared first in the trailers with Squall, Zidane, and Kuja. Most people guessed it was going to be Cloud anyway so I don't really feel announcing him last was a big deal.

Mercen-X
03-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Maybe they wanted to secrete the outfit he was wearing? lol. Secrete.

black orb
03-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Probably to create drama I would gather..
>>> Thats right, I guess it created some drama (http://forums.eyesonff.com/dissidia-final-fantasy/119963-new-dissidia-trailer-official-website.html)..:luca:

Sephiroth
03-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Because they wanted the people to fall in love with Dissidia. That's why they have shown a trailer of Sephiroth walking though the flames and raising his head like in Final Fantasy VII. That's a "whatever it is I have to get it!" moment - although the same scene is not in Dissidia. Just Sephiroth walking through the flames.

Mercen-X
03-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't care that Sephiroth's got new accessories. The difference is minuscule and is identical to the level of difference between Genesis and his Gackt representation. By the way, I know a lot of people don't care for Genesis as a character (the same for the Tsviets and the "original" AVALANCHE), but I'd still like to see him in the very unlikely next game.

Have I mentioned my idea to have a Final Fantasy Battlefront? (ripping the system directly off of Star Wars Battlefront 2 with the ability to play as factions like AVALANCHE versus Shin-Ra and play as heroes like Cloud or villains like... Genesis). This unholy union would be greatly praised... by myself. Some hacker could smelt this easily, yeah?

Mirage
03-28-2010, 11:07 PM
I don't even see how this matters

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 07:48 AM
It was to create drama and hype for the release.

SuperMillionaire
03-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Because they wanted the people to fall in love with Dissidia. That's why they have shown a trailer of Sephiroth walking though the flames and raising his head like in Final Fantasy VII. That's a "whatever it is I have to get it!" moment - although the same scene is not in Dissidia. Just Sephiroth walking through the flames.

That's about you, but what about Cloud? Why wasn't your enemy confirmed until the last minute?

Sephiroth
03-29-2010, 07:11 PM
That's about you, but what about Cloud? Why wasn't your enemy confirmed until the last minute?

It was quite obvious Cloud would be in there. Who should be the protagonist when it wouldn't have been Cloud? If Zack, then they had to take Genesis, for Vincent they must have used Hojo/Weiss. And Aerith VS Sephiroth? Definitely not.

Sephiroth and Cloud are the two main characters of Final Fantasy VII. So there was no doubt they would be in Dissidia.

RedPouch
03-30-2010, 03:54 AM
It was quite obvious Cloud would be in there. Who should be the protagonist when it wouldn't have been Cloud? If Zack, then they had to take Genesis, for Vincent they must have used Hojo/Weiss. And Aerith VS Sephiroth? Definitely not.

Sephiroth and Cloud are the two main characters of Final Fantasy VII. So there was no doubt they would be in Dissidia.
^ This. I don't think amongst me and my friends, that there was ever even a question about whether or not both Cloud and Sephiroth would be in it. Especially in the case of Americans, these two attract fans.

SuperMillionaire
03-30-2010, 01:37 PM

So they deliberately withheld the identity of your enemy for that reason?

Sephiroth
03-30-2010, 06:43 PM
So they deliberately withheld the identity of your enemy for that reason?

There is no reason.

SuperMillionaire
03-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Well, Mr. One-Winged Angel, there HAS to be a reason why your enemy was withheld until the last minute.

Sephiroth
03-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Well, Mr. One-Winged Angel, there HAS to be a reason why your enemy was withheld until the last minute.

There is no necessity in showing the obvious. So even Sephiroth's early appearance was not necessary.

Terra and Kefka were late as well. But there was no doubt at least Kefka would be the antagonist.

SuperMillionaire
03-30-2010, 10:33 PM
True, but I still think that if you were featured in the very first trailer, Cloud should have been too.

qwertysaur
04-03-2010, 08:55 PM
It's simply Nomura loves to watch his fans scratch their head at what he's really thinking. Almost as much as he loves belts.

SuperMillionaire
04-04-2010, 05:38 AM
He's so vain; he probably thinks we're thinking about him...