PDA

View Full Version : Best facepunch/slap in the game. Unmarked spoilers inside!

Loony BoB
03-26-2010, 05:52 PM
C'mon, what was your favourite? Since this thread is about the best punch/slap of the entire game, please note that there will be spoilers and they will be unmarked.

Personally, I'm torn between three.

The petty slap by Vanille on Hope near the very start of the game. Partly because Vanille just doesn't seem like the kind of person who would slap someone, least of all a fellow child.

Second up, it's the double knock-back on Snow by Lightning in the crystal lake. The fact that she gets him off his feet twice in very quick succession is pretty funny.

Finally, and probably my favourite of the lot, it's Lightning on Fang. Because, well, it was just such a clean, damn near perfect slap. Thwap! That's what I'm talkin' about. Yeah, I think this one takes the biscuit for me.

You?

FFIX Choco Boy
03-27-2010, 12:15 AM
The Lightning on Fang action.

arcanedude34
03-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Any time Lightning gets hit in battle. I prefer to think of it as punishment for hitting better characters than her. :)

Ontibile
03-28-2010, 04:04 AM
The Lightning - Fang bitch slap.

VeloZer0
03-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Second up, it's the double knock-back on Snow by Lightning in the crystal lake. The fact that she gets him off his feet twice in very quick succession is pretty funny.
My personal fav. I was totally looking for a third too.

Del Murder
03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Lightning's bitch slap of Fang is the clear answer here.

Moon Rabbits
03-30-2010, 01:57 AM
My personal fav. I was totally looking for a third too.

Yes. I was so impressed by this scene.

Cloudane
04-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Definitely Snow. He was asking for it anyway... he may be tied rather than the stereotypical skirt-chaser that he could've easily been, but he's still FAR too much of a charmer and - regardless of doing nothing wrong - was was completely in need of a good punch ... and oh, it was a GOOD punch :D

Flying Arrow
04-12-2010, 05:39 AM
I literally laugh out loud seeing Snow leap up and punch an Adamantoise in the face. Its head bobs and swings as if it hurts, too. It's so absurd and never, ever gets old for me.

EDIT: My girlfriend just walked by and saw it and asked, 'is he boxing a dinosaur?'

theundeadhero
04-14-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm only starting chapter 7, but the second punch in the double Lightning-dominates-Snow early in the game. The first one was pretty good, then Snow gets back up and BAM! It's amazing.

Mo-Nercy
04-14-2010, 04:37 AM
I'll go for the double punch too. It was a bit of a laugh out loud moment for me. The Lightning -> Fang slap didn't have any falling down or follow up to it, though it was pretty good.

Chloe.
04-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah the one with Snow made me laugh pretty hard. :p