PDA

View Full Version : Payday

Zeldy
03-26-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm so happy it's payday, I had to make a thread about it. PAAAAAAAAAYDAY. (it's been five weeks since payday). If you have a job, how are you paid, weekly or monthly or what?

I'm paid the last Friday every month, and the last two months have been five-weekers, it's slaughtered just about everyone at work. Two four-weekers next though :D

I got exactly £200 (which isn't half bad seeing as though I'm on a shocking £3.93 hourly rate), which is probably half gone now. I got my belly pierced which was £21, gave my mate back her £20 she lent me, bought makeup etc totaling £25, had my hair cut which was also £20, bought hair dye and fake tan which got to £10.. uh oh!

Peegee
03-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Money! :love::love::love::love:

I like money. Being paid is yay =)

Let's go shopping!

oddler
03-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I make that paper biweekly. Thereafter, it promptly ends up going toward debt! :choc2:

Chloe.
03-26-2010, 08:51 PM
I also get paid the last Friday of every month, but sometimes we get paid on the last day of the month instead, I dunno why and it's quite annoying. This month is like that, so I won't be getting paid til next Wednesday. :( I get paid £5.82 an hour, which I've been told is pretty good for what I do, dunno why they couldn't just put it up to £6 though. :jess:

bipper
03-26-2010, 08:58 PM
I keep forgetting to log my time. When I do get paid, I am going to get like two months of pay. Eebus. I pretty much get paid a week after turning in time, but in the states, a month with out pay is insane. We are paid weekly, everyother week, or twice a month - typically. This rate my check will be like <~snip>quite a bit of usd. My savings are low though, so I will likely need to get around to doing that.

Freaking eoff, saving my skin once again.

Zeldy
03-26-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm on a shocking £3.93 hourly rate

I get paid £5.82 an hour, which I've been told is pretty good for what I do

:|

WHERE do you work? Mine will go up to just under £5 when I turn 18 in a few months..

Imperfectionist
03-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah Zeldy I get paid a measly £4.86 per hour :( rubbish. Didn't even go up when I turned 18, theiving bastards.

I get paid every Friday, so I was paid today.

I already spent all of it :(

NorthernChaosGod
03-26-2010, 09:27 PM
I think I'll be getting paid every two weeks at my new job, which is fairly normal. How do you manage only getting paid once a month?! :confused:

Also, I'm making about $9.50/hour, if I remember correctly. That makes it about 6.40 GBP?

Chloe.
03-26-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm on a shocking £3.93 hourly rate

I get paid £5.82 an hour, which I've been told is pretty good for what I do

:|

WHERE do you work? Mine will go up to just under £5 when I turn 18 in a few months..

I work in New Look. :cool:

Rye
03-30-2010, 12:31 AM
I was paid once a week. I made $10/hr - it's not horrible when I started at 17, but I'm not as pleased with it anymore, since I've been with the company for two years and I'm turning 20 soon; I'd like a raise like everyone else gets when they work for a while.

Chris
03-30-2010, 12:38 AM
It's so nice to see some familiar faces. Rye, Zelda, so we meet again. :D

I work a part time job, and I get paid $814.57 (which is 4500 kr) monthly, which is a lot, considering I only work three hours a day, a couple of times a week.

Shlup
03-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Ever since my first job I have never lived paycheck to paycheck or been out of money, so payday's never been a big deal for me. I'm a saver-upper.

That said, I get an unemployment check every two weeks. I think I have like six weeks left of it.

Momiji
03-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Ever since my first job I have never lived paycheck to paycheck or been out of money, so payday's never been a big deal for me. I'm a saver-upper.

That said, I get an unemployment check every two weeks. I think I have like six weeks left of it.

I can relate vicariously. My mom lost her job in May last year, and has been applying for jobs pretty much every day since then.

The same kind of applies for me. Our job market here is absolute :bou::bou::bou::bou:, so although I apply for jobs, they want people with experience instead.

Kind of hard to get experience when no one will fucking hire you. :|

PureMourning
03-30-2010, 04:55 AM
I've also never really lived paycheck-to-paycheck. I get payed every 2 weeks and live pretty comfortably. Hawai'i is motha-smurfin' expensive, though! My small 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment is a whopping $1,900/month and a gallon of milk is like 5 bucks or some shiz.

Araciel
03-30-2010, 05:23 AM
For the work I do, I make a ridiculous amount of money.

That being said, I don't know that my expenses balance to what I actually make... for the good!

I have a ton of disposable income which I generally was saving, but due to an unforeseen incident, am now needing anyway.

I won't bore you with the numbers.

Loony BoB
03-30-2010, 01:08 PM
The last working day of the month for me.

smittenkitten
03-30-2010, 01:23 PM
I get paid at the end of each month and I bought a new red shift dress! :mogumogu:

fire_of_avalon
03-30-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm paid biweekly. I couldn't budget my money if I were paid only once a month. I'm bad enough with money now. If they handed me an entire months wages one day I would probably have no money by the end of the week.

Mo-Nercy
03-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Because I'm currently an unemployed student (I can't work at the moment because I'm doing a full-time unpaid field placement), I'm living off welfare. It's only a couple of hundo every fortnight but it gets me by.

Zeldy
03-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm paid biweekly. I couldn't budget my money if I were paid only once a month. I'm bad enough with money now. If they handed me an entire months wages one day I would probably have no money by the end of the week.

I last a liiiiiittle bit longer than that xD well that 200 is down to like, 60? i think. I've had it in my bank for 4 days.

Parker
03-30-2010, 05:40 PM
I get paid every fourth friday (bring on the 9th!). I work retail. I've been trying to save around £200 a month and have been pretty successful....however I have to pay more rent now and there is a new camera and a new pair of levis I have my eyes on.....and my candy and chinese takeout budget is more strained recently.......trying to balance it all on my excel spreadsheets.....AND i need new frames for my glasses. Next month will be fun!"!

Iceglow
03-30-2010, 09:59 PM
I get paid tomorrow, the 31st because HMV likes to pay us on the last working day of every month though the pay cycle ends the saturday a week before payday. Unfortunately HMV dislikes paying overtime out to full time staff members, I get an average (based on this feb just gone) of £8 per hour before the tax comes out of it. Unfortunately my tax is through the roof, mainly because I held 2 jobs for a while and the tax office hasn't sorted it out though I expect them to do so by the end of the year, if they don't I will have to manually apply for a rebate...booo!

Money because of the trip to Egypt in OMG just 21 days time! Is admittedly going to be a little tight for me atm. Still Egypt is going to be freaking awesome, looking forwards to my lovely bronzed blonde in her bikini ;) I'm putting off buying the FFXIII until I get back, I got enough games to tidy me over until then so it'll be cool, just really need a new book, I've re-read several entire book series now and well, theres only so many I can sit down and re-read before I declare myself "so fucking bored of this :bou::bou::bou::bou:" Having near perfect memory for things is not always a good thing, reading books especially. I'd use local libraries but well, unfortunately the local libraries in Barnet suck they generally have a selection of books I'll be interested in but if it's like a series or something they'll have like book 3 and book 9 of it and I'll be left either not having a clue or needing to buy them anyhow I wouldn't mind if they had book 1 and none of the others maybe because I could always buy the series if I like it.

With a flat to pay for (rent+counciltax+bills = damn you!!!!) and the fact that at the bare bones minimum my work costs me either £36.50 a week or £141.40 a month to get to (damn oxford street) even if I took the busses in it'd be like £60 on them and for early shifts I'd be facing nearly a 2 hour bus ride in. I'm going to see if work will provide me with an annual travel card and deduct a monthy amount from my wages to see if thats better for me, that or move store soon!

Breine
03-30-2010, 10:06 PM
I get paid once a month, it's pretty much always been that way for me - except for one job I had several years ago, where it was every two weeks.

Oh, and I think it's like the last working day of the month or something. I've never really paid much attention to that to be honest. Come to think of it, that means I'll get paid tomorrow. Nice! :)

Laddy
03-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Money is great! :D

Too bad I rarely have it. >.<

Chris
03-31-2010, 12:18 AM
We really are privileged here in Denmark. Even the minimum wages are acceptable. :greenie:

The other side of the family are however not that fortunate. They live in the Philippines, and many of them pretty much depend on my mother sending them money every month, like she did today.

The world is so out of balance!

Jess
03-31-2010, 08:10 PM
I get paid on the 25th of each month, but if it falls on a weekend, its the last working day before the 25th - so in April I'll get paid on the 23rd.

I have an annual wage, but if it was an hourly rate it works out at about £8.80 an hour. I work a full-time job, 35 hours a week.

It's only my starting wage, which makes me happy - because as long as I meet my targets I can get a bonus and a payrise each year.

Plus, overtime is paid at double time or time and a half...result! I worked 4 hours last Saturday, which will be an extra £70 before tax.