PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to put this out there

unjust
03-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Posibly the best combo in the game... well to me at least
have cloud,red and vincent as team and have two of them be very powerfull at magic best possible bet is cloud and vincent as the mages and red in the middle as healer and reflect dispenser use reflect and then ude powerfull magic against yourself dont forget to use reflect on enemy so u can heal urself the same way its really battle strategy basics but it works almost on anyone and can be used in a lot of ff games oh i forgot if ur having troubel healing urelf then dispel them quickly thats the only weakness ive seen in that strategy:choc: i just wanted to put that in there im boored:p

PuPu
03-26-2010, 10:10 PM
This is the strategy that a certain enemy in FFIV uses.

The problem with this is that if you Reflect a Cure3 or whatever on an enemy, there is no way to control which of your characters will get healed.

Not to mention that you also can't control where your Reflected magic goes when facing multiple enemies.

Flying Mullet
03-26-2010, 10:24 PM
its really battle strategy basics. dont question it poopoo!

Kyros
03-27-2010, 10:11 AM
I would say replace vincent since his limit breaks suck. I would vote cloud, tifa, and cid as the best team since they have the best limit breaks, which is what I base my teams off of.

leader of mortals
03-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Topic for this thread: What are some of your favorite Battle Strategies?

I like to have a summoner, a sage, and a fighter. The summoner has summons and only a couple spells, the sage has many magic spells, and the fighter has no magic, only commands and possibly a couple summons. The summoner either uses his/her summons, or uses a physical attack. The sage will use his magic attacks or physical attacks. The fighter will use mostly physical attacks, but may have an Enemy Skill materia, because it doesn't lower strength any. This set-up normally destroys main story bosses, but isn't too amazing for the weapons, because the strategy kind of depends on keeping everyone alive.

Karifean
03-27-2010, 07:46 PM
My favourite strategy is to equip one char with KotR (junctioned to either MP-Absorb or Magic Counter or Sneak Attack) and all 3 chars (or just the other two) with Mime materias. Then I give some pre-emptive materias to the 3rd char and spread some Magic Plus materias, no enemy can beat that^^

Kyros
03-27-2010, 09:40 PM
I have all characters with 4xcut, 4-5+ mastered counter attack materias, restore + all, and life + all. Then I also keep my 3 characters with the 'fury' status for the entirety of the game once hypers are available so I can limit break every 3-5 turns with them in the event the enemy isn't dead yet.