PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Bosses

Forsaken Lover
03-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Storyline-wise.

I'm a bit odd in I didn't think Yunalesca or Seymour Flux were that hard. Now Seymour Natus and Spectral Keeper... They were nightmares. Especially the latter. he killed me more times than I can count.

Kyros
03-27-2010, 10:21 AM
The only boss I remember annoying me ever really was the Seymour on top of Mt Gagazet (don't remember which name it was). He'd just zombie attack and curaga that character sometimes before I got a turn when I was hasted wtf

Sephiroth
03-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Lady Yunalesca.

Karifean
03-27-2010, 07:48 PM
I actually never had any problem at all when fighting Yunalesca. The only thing I had to find out is that her death-spell kills all characters which are not in Zombie-status (caused one Game Over). Everything else was pretty easy, well maybe the Mindblaster was annoying.

The only guy that made me mad was Seymour Flux.

Rebellious Eagle
03-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Yunalesca was a pain. I never had problems with any of the Seymour fights though. And Spectral Keeper...I don't even want to go there.

Kyros
03-27-2010, 09:42 PM
If you have one person curing everyone else the Yunalesca fight is easy =/

Vermachtnis
03-27-2010, 10:13 PM
The Seymore on Mt. Gagazet and that giant robot before you get to Mt. Gagazet were the hardest bosses for me.

Sephiroth
03-27-2010, 10:17 PM
The Seymore on Mt. Gagazet and that giant robot before you get to Mt. Gagazet were the hardest bosses for me.

If you provoke the Golem Guardian it is easy.

Shin Gouken
03-27-2010, 11:31 PM
I didn't really struggle anywhere, FFX is one of the easiest in the series. That being said, i know people who struggled with Evrae and Seymour on Mt Gagazet, and i completley get why people might struggle with Lady Yunalesca, she can be tricky.

Now Dark Bahamut, there's a hardcore bastid

f f freak
03-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Evrae was the only hard battle for me and that was just because I couldn't spam Aeon Overdrives like I could in the rest of the game. I also lacked my main healer with Yuna gone, but once I discovered the epicness of Al-Bhed Potions, the battle was pathetically easy.

Apart from that, the game was a piece of cake.

Forsaken Lover
03-28-2010, 01:21 AM
Difficulty is always such a random topic. It's so subjective. You'll never find a group consensus on which game is the hardest or easiest.

Shin Gouken
03-28-2010, 02:06 AM
Difficulty is always such a random topic. It's so subjective. You'll never find a group consensus on which game is the hardest or easiest.

This, and of course people are levelled differentley. People who've spent more time in battles would generally have an easier time because their stats are higher. Play styles, ability to adapt, utilizing all kinds of different abilities the game allows, their are just so many variables

leader of mortals
03-28-2010, 02:11 AM
When I was younger(I am much smarter in battling now), Crawler, Defender X, Evrae, Seymour Natus and Flux, Spectral Keeper, and Yunalesca all destroyed me.

I Took the Red Pill
03-28-2010, 05:56 AM
Yunalesca had me stuck for a good while, I also had some trouble with that battle on the airship, I think it was with Sin, where if you didn't beat him fast enough he shot some gigantic white laser out of his mouth and destroyed the world or something; obviously I don't remember the exact details of this.

Nebulance
03-28-2010, 08:07 AM
he shot some gigantic white laser out of his mouth and destroyed the world or something; obviously I don't remember the exact details of this.

If I were a character in FFX, I want this to be my overdrive. Awesome.

Anyway -- yes, I remember that -- it was tricky. Seymour Flux killed me for a good while, along with Jecht (on first go-around). Nowadays, I toy with these characters when I fight them :)

Currently on a search to collect as many Musks and Hypello Potions as I can... I'm a brewin' up some nice armor :)

PuPu
03-28-2010, 06:09 PM
I didn't think Yunalesca or Seymour Flux were that hard.

You're lying.

Forsaken Lover
03-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Not really. It's been a year since my last playthrough but they killed me maybe once or twice a piece. Spectral Keeper was the one who killed me maybe five or six times.

Apart from her annoying status effects and the Mega-Death, Yunalesca wasn't very challenging at all.

Seymour Flux.... A lot of his fight is luck, to be honest. I saw a guy who fought Flux and got Cross Cleave which wiped out all his party except one but then Seymour did his Zombie/Auto-Life combo immediately after on his one surviving character.

That never happened to me.

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Yunalesca was hard the first time because I was unprepared for Mega Death. :(
Seymour Flux is the hardest boss in the game.

Sephiroth
03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Seymour Flux is the hardest boss in the game.

I would not say that. [SIN] Spawn Ekyu - the one which is pushed back by Seymour with nothing but power - is strong as well. The part before you fight it with Yuna, Auron and Seymour.

Also I love this battle with Seymour's battle theme and his Overdrive "Requiem". He is not my favourite Final Fantasy X character without reason.

Forsaken Lover
03-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Seymour Omnis was the coolest form of Seymour. His design, music, battle quotes...all awesome.
YouTube - Final Fantasy X: Boss - Seymour Omnis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwJCs7ogKA)

Perhaps not the hardest...but if you hadn't spent ages doing sidequests and crap, I think he can still be somewhat challenging.

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Seymour Ominis was the easiest of all his forms to fight. :p

Sephiroth
03-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Seymour Omnis or "Seymor Ultima" how he is called in the german version is the most boring Seymour battle in my opinion. He doesn't have his normal Seymour music which is played during the Yunalesca battle as well and his form is...not even a form. Just a ghost with wings which are his hair like the haircut is mutated in the other forms. The only cool things in this battle are lines like his when you summon Anima and he says disappointed to his mother "So now you are against me as well...".

My favourite of his mutation forms would be Seymour Flux/Seymor Obscura.

Forsaken Lover
03-29-2010, 08:48 PM
The song that plays during Flux and Yunalesca is known as Challenge. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eb-oTYs9uc)
And I think Seymour Battle, the one that plays during the Omnis fight, is a much better track.

And yeah, it is the most basic transformation but that's why it's the best. It still looks like Seymour in there, just a lot bigger and white. It's way cooler to see him wave his arm to cast a spell as opposed to waving a flipper or whatever the heck that thing was in his Flux form.

Also the exclusion of the Mortibody, the little thing that takes his health in his Natus and Flux forms, was a good thing.

And yes, the exchange with Anima was good but he also had other great lines in the Omnis fight.

Before casting Dispel:
But there is no salvation for the demaned! Rest in peace in eternal darkness.

Before casting Ultima:
Let darkness take you!

All delivered while you also hear one of the best pieces of music in FF history.

Sephiroth
03-29-2010, 08:58 PM
I know the music. You don't have to tell me how it is called.

And I do not know why you are replying to me because it is my opinion and you have to accept it like I have to accept yours. I'd rather see Seymour wielding a giant spear and two death blades while battling him on a mountain than fighting him while he looks like a boring looking ghost. Also I love the lines "Pitiful mortal...your hope ends here. End your meaningless existence with it!" before the Seymor Obscura battle and his "Death awaits you!" so he doesn't only have good lines during the final battle against him. His lines while casting Dispel and Ultima are typical villain lines. Like "Death awaits you!" of course.

Anyway it's sad in my opinion how it ends with him. Not only how he finally send to the farplane. They could have made him the true main villain with just letting him appear after you beat Braska's final aeon and sent him. Just let him fuse with Yu Yevon, let him somehow control Yu Yevon and then finally destroy him together with Yu Yevon.

Forsaken Lover
03-29-2010, 09:09 PM
And I do not know why you are replying to me because it is my opinion and you have to accept it like I have to accept yours.

Indeed. We're having a discussion.

Also I love the lines "Pitiful mortal...your hope ends here. End your meaningless existence with it!"

I like it too. But it's more pre-match dialogue than battle quotes. And he has an even better one for the Omnis fight.

Seymour: You should thank me. Your death means your father's life!

Anyway it's sad in my opinion how it ends with him. Not only how he finally send to the farplane. They could have made him the true main villain with just letting him appear after you beat Braska's final aeon and sent him. Just let him fuse with Yu Yevon, let him somehow control Yu Yevon and then finally destroy him together with Yu Yevon.

I don't think Yu Yevon can possess people, just aeosn.

And really, Seymour is more of the main antagonist than Jecht or Sin or Yu Yevon. But FFX doesn't have a Big Bad like most of the other Final Fantasy's anyway.

Also I guess I just don't thinK Seymour looks right with giant swords and spears. He's a mage first and foremost. Omnis is a true evolution of his original form. His original form could cast two level 2 spells and his Omnis form can cast 4 level 3 spells.

But like you said, to each their own.

Sephiroth
03-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Seymour: You should thank me. Your death means your father's life!

This is one of the lines I have meant. But I do not like it that much. Seymour has by far better lines than this one.

I don't think Yu Yevon can possess people, just aeosn.

I have not said it should have possessed Seymour. I have said it should have fused with Seymour and Seymour should have control of the new power. Like Xehanort when he has fused with Terra's body and the darkness of his heart.

You think he doesn't look right with a spear and swords? He is an unsent. He can transform into a monster form because of it. Like unsent people become monsters. Monsters do not have to look like their original form.

bipper
03-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Fighting my real life boss for the week off after the game was released.

Compared to that, the game was simple. :p

P.S. I want my week back!

Forsaken Lover
03-29-2010, 09:47 PM
This is one of the lines I have meant. But I do not like it that much. Seymour has by far better lines than this one.

Indeed. My personal favorite line being:

Ah yes, protect the summoner even at the cost of one's life, the code of the Guardian. How admirable. Well, if you are offering your lives I shall have to take them.

It's the way he delivers the line. His tone sags under the weight of his sarcasm. Their noble actions are of absolutely no interest to him and killing them is less significant than stepping on ants.

Though overall, if I ranked all the evil scenes with him from favorite to least favorite...
1. Macalania Temple confrontation
2. Revealing his plan to the party in Bevelle.
3. Before the Omnis fight
4. Before the Flux fight
5. Discussion with Mika and Kinoc

I have not said it should have possessed Seymour. I have said it should have fused with Seymour and Seymour should have control of the new power.

I suppose that could have worked.

You think he doesn't look right with a spear and swords? He is an unsent. He can transform into monster form because of it. Like unsent people become monsters. Monster do not have to looks like their original form.

Yes an Unsent could look like whatever they wanted to. But whatever. You like his Flux design, i like his Omnis design. It's a very subjective and superficial argument so you can't really get anywhere.

Sephiroth
03-29-2010, 10:17 PM
I suppose that could have worked.

That's why it's sad in my opinion they haven't done something like this.

By the way, Fayth are unsent as well - not the normal kind of unsent because they have sacrificed themselves but they are unsent. And an unsent being can possess humans. Shuyin had control over Nooj once they released his pyreflies by opening the sealed gate and in the farplane he had control over Baralai. Also with Yu Yevon possessing unsents - the final aeon - he could possess Seymour who is unsent as well even if it would not be possible to possess him while he is alive. But normally unsent should be able to control both living and dead creatures so Seymour's whole "Lady Yuna, let me be your husband so I will become [Sin] by sacrificing myself." is nothing but a story filler. There would be more ways to gain Yu Yevon's power/the power of [Sin].

Forsaken Lover
03-29-2010, 10:27 PM
FFX-2 Ultimania states Shuyin isn't a regular Unsent. He's simply all Shuyin's feelings imprinted upon his death onto pyreflies. The Shuyin in the game is not his unsent spirit.

Sephiroth
03-29-2010, 10:33 PM
FFX-2 Ultimania states Shuyin isn't a regular Unsent. He's simply all Shuyin's feelings imprinted upon his death onto pyreflies. The Shuyin in the game is not his unsent spirit.

I know the Ultimania Omega. But we have to work with something. Even if calling him an "unsent" isn't that accurate it is fitting because feelings are part of the spirit/soul itself and in Final Fantasy X the pyreflies are the life energy, the memories, the knowledge, et cetera itself. Pyreflies are the same than the lifestream of Final Fantasy VII like it is stated in the Ultimania as well because it's the same universe. So technically it is part of the real Shuyin.

EDIT: I really am not interested in your "no they can't" replies. I use the Ultimania and the story line text as well and combine it with logic when there is no 100 % explanation. So I know the truth and what should be the truth when it is not 100 % clear. And becoming a Fayth/Aeon means you have to sacrfice your live. So calling Jecht a "living" man is wrong. When you are a fayth you have sacrificed and sealed yourself away so other summoners can obtain your power. Of course it is not exactly the same with the final aeon because every final aeon is different but fayth are not in a status of "living". And to your "where the hell..." - I have not said it is like that. I have said it should be like that. And I am sorry bur as long as Square says the pyreflies and the lifestream are the same substance I am right because I just say what Square says and only Square is able to decide what's the truth in Final Fantasy or where an own opinion is good in atopic where no truth exists.

So don't act like I would not use the Ultimania Omega because I use it and I even can read it so there is no necessity in waiting for a translation which is probably full of mistakes.

Also it is officially stated the european version has a translation than the american one. The european words instead of "unsent" are "without body or bodyless". What is Shuyin during Final Fantasy X-2? He is bodyless. What is Jecht? He is bodyless. Of course he appears in form of [Sin] so yead - just forget Jecht. But the other fayth have no bodies as well. They just appear in form of summon when you call them. Otherwise there are just ghosts like you can see them often. So the definition of mine why I call them "unsent" even if you don't is correct. They have no bodies.

That was no reply to ForsakenLover.

And I am sorry if I have offended you but I do not like it when other people try to be part of a discussion which is not their business. Even when it is not the right topic which is obvious because I have stopped the conversation with ForsakenLover here.

So in case there still is interest in a discussion ---> PM me.

PuPu
03-30-2010, 01:07 AM
And an unsent being can possess humans.

No, they can't. Shuyin is the only one that could possess humans, and also Aeons.

Also with Yu Yevon possessing unsents- the final aeon

He can't possess unsents. That's not even possible. The Final Aeon, Jecht, wasn't dead.

But normally unsent should be able to control both living and dead creatures

Where the hell are you getting this from?

Yep. The same is true for Lenne inside Yuna's Dancer outfit.

qwertysaur
03-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Yu Yevon possessed aeons as well :p