PDA

View Full Version : SE to win!

Suvious
03-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Guys, I have some bad news. There's a competition going on, on a website called the Escapist to find the best gaming company.
The bad news? Some bastardised facebook game group called Zynga are in it, and of course, bringing all of their twelve year old subordinates into it as well.
I ask you, for the sake of keeping Square's name solid, hailed, and trusted for the sake of gaming, don't let those facebook morons win! The voting takes place here: The Escapist : Tournament : 2010 March Mayhem: Developer's Showdown Bracket (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/tournaments/standings/2-2010-March-Mayhem-Developers-Showdown)
For our beloved characters \o/ don't let Zynga win! They copy other people's ideas and give them out for free as crappy flash games, they don't deserve to win!
Thank you,
I hope you'll vote Square

JKTrix
03-28-2010, 01:20 AM
But Zynga has a Haiti relief fund...

Suvious
03-28-2010, 01:24 AM
It's a games contest not sympathy contest, hence why Zynga don't deserve it.

JKTrix
03-28-2010, 01:39 AM
I dunno, now you're talking about who deserves what. More people play Zynga's games than SquEnix's games. I don't care much about the stuff Zynga's done, but they've done well to help dissipate the stigma surrounding 'video games'.

So maybe I just think about these things too much. Too bad Capcom got knocked out already.

Skyblade
03-28-2010, 03:12 AM
I don't know. Given the way half of those turned out, winning could be considered an insult.

Suvious
03-28-2010, 12:23 PM
You can't honestly think their crappy flash games should win over a long-term hard working game developer? Rockstar shouldn't have been knocked out either, Zynga are giving away prizes to people for voting. Bribery. That's immoral in itself; even if they give to Haiiti, that's not a bad thing, but it doesn't mean they should win at something on that basis alone... Unless it's a charity based contest...

Vyk
03-30-2010, 04:58 AM
I've barely ever heard much about Zynga. But I refuse to act like Square is the best thing out there. Plus this doesn't sound like a well sanctioned vote anyway, so I dunno what it matters who wins on some site I've never heard of. Its like the character popularity contests at GameFaqs to me (as in so-and-so against so-and-so, and I don't care ^_^)

Jiro
03-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Let Zynga win. It'll give people things to rage about. If they don't have fuel then they're going to turn on each other or something. If this was some super legit survey then you'd see a different result and we wouldn't even really need to vote.

But like JKTrix said, lots more people play Zynga games that SquareEnix games. Sure we can be all elitist because we play "real" games, but in the end it doesn't matter.

Skyblade
04-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Well, Zynga has won. Not surprising, nor disappointing, given the quality of the other choices made.

Yeargdribble
04-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Let Zynga win. It'll give people things to rage about. If they don't have fuel then they're going to turn on each other or something. If this was some super legit survey then you'd see a different result and we wouldn't even really need to vote.

But like JKTrix said, lots more people play Zynga games that SquareEnix games. Sure we can be all elitist because we play "real" games, but in the end it doesn't matter.

^This a dozen times over. And if you think you're hardcore and they are lame casuals... there's someone out there more hardcore than you that thinks you shouldn't be considered a gamer too. It's a spectrum and no one individual can deem where we draw the line on the spectrum between games and non-games, so let's just call them games. They might be little flash games you don't give a crap about, but they are still games.

I guess I could argue that only the shmancy indie games I play are real games and all of the corporate whoring sequels you're all playing aren't "real" games. See how that works?

Rase
04-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry Zynga won Suvious. I mean it's obvious they did something like kill your family, what with how pissed you are at them.

I'm bummed Nintendo's out, but at least it was to Blizzard. Blizzard and Valve would be a difficult choice.

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Lost_Vikings_snes_ScreenShot1.jpg