PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach: Where's me washboard? Have you seen it?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

~*~Celes~*~
03-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Because the boys need a thread to discuss their tactics and whatnot while I stand there and look pretty while I'm killed over and over :love:

Discuss Halo!

Psychotic
03-28-2010, 02:27 AM
YouTube - Halo Reach Multiplayer Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E95PeZ0qsLY)

Aerith's Knight
03-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Jetpacks

/thread

~*~Celes~*~
03-28-2010, 02:41 AM
:o Do want!

Big Team Social Slayer with jetpacks :D

Psychotic
03-28-2010, 02:42 AM
Well, I don't know about that.

People have speculated that there'll be a game mode where you can have a custom armour ability. Jet pack, the ability to sprint, ability to roll, invisiblity and possibly some deflector shield (as seen on the ghost in the trailer).

Aerith's Knight
03-28-2010, 02:50 AM
Jetpacks is really awesome, but not in a multiplayer game. That's just stupid.

A 2D plane in multiplayer in a small space is barely overlookable as it is. Do you really want to add a third dimension to that?

People have speculated that there'll be a game mode where you can have a custom armour ability.

More liek custom Spartan. Check it:

Jet pack

Spartan James 112 (numbers might be wrong),

the ability to sprint

Spartan Kelly 087

ability to roll, invisiblity and possibly some deflector shield

I'm gonna go with Hybrid Linda/Sam spartan with a touch of Elite.

~*~Celes~*~
03-28-2010, 02:54 AM
It was a nice idea while it lasted in my head :cry:

Psychotic
03-28-2010, 03:00 AM
This trailer is pure multi so they're all going to be in multi, and "Loadouts" seems like the name of a game mode.

Anyway, the Spartans in the actual campaign will be Noble Six, Cat, Carter, Emile (winner) Jun and Jorge.

NorthernChaosGod
03-28-2010, 03:26 AM
Am I the only one that thinks these new additions are a travesty?

Maybe sprinting, that's fine.

But still.

Psychotic
03-28-2010, 03:27 AM
As I say, I think they're just going to be in a specific game mode and won't be in every game, otherwise yeah, it'd suck. Although they could also be power ups like overshield etc.

Skyblade
03-28-2010, 03:44 AM
I'm just waiting for the Halo games to finally get a decent single player mode.

Personally, I think that Bungie should get their buddies at Rooster Teeth to write the single player campaign. Halo: Red vs Blue would be totally awesome.

Meat Puppet
03-28-2010, 04:02 AM
I thought the campaign in ODST was pretty cool

JKTrix
03-28-2010, 05:21 AM
Has no one in this thread played Tribes before?

Jetpacks are awesome.

Momiji
03-28-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm pretty excited for Reach, really. I heard that they got rid of the god-awful rank system and replaced it with something less retarded.

The concept of no more rankwhoring is a very pleasant one, and it'll hopefully cut down on the people who make second accounts to play against newbies (which totally offsets the TrueSkill system or whatever it's called) just so they can get that ever-precious 50.

~*~Celes~*~
03-28-2010, 05:42 AM
Maybe I'll have more of a chance to kill opposite team members when playing with Psy and Iceglow then xD

I Took the Red Pill
03-28-2010, 05:44 AM
Halo keeps me sane when schoolwork and stress are about to destroy me. Although this can be a double-edged sword as I will want to punch a child every time I am killed as I am shooting a rocket, the rocket animation displays, and there is no explosion or when a sword locks on and lunges but inexplicably misses. I play a good amount of Slayer but nowadays I play Doubles the most by a large margin but ranking can be infuriating in Doubles thus I am stuck at 43.

Psychotic
03-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Oh jesus mothersmurf Keith I know exactly how you feel about the rocket thing. The laser pulls the same crap too.

Iceglow
03-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah nothing worse than getting killed by the surprise laser when you're using a veichle.

I have to admit I'm not a big one for ranking up, we've all played alongside each other and we tend to kick a lot of ass but I don't see the point in getting higher up the ranking, 50 skill doesn't mean anything to me it just means someone had too much time on their hands and needs a girlfriend. It isn't like in MW2 where being a higher skill allows you to choose a new weapon to use, then I care about ranking because I get to choose my load outs completely.

I recall recently reading an article somewhere about loadout and it's actually to do with your armour and the armour ability you select if I recall correctly. I think I shared the link with Psy but can't remember.

Aerith's Knight
03-28-2010, 01:12 PM
This trailer is pure multi so they're all going to be in multi, and "Loadouts" seems like the name of a game mode.

Anyway, the Spartans in the actual campaign will be Noble Six, Cat, Carter, Emile (winner) Jun and Jorge.

Thanks for ruining it for me. They all die on Reach during the attack.

Psychotic
03-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Well now who is ruining it for who? :colbert: Although I fail to see how their names are ruining it seeing as how the Bungie website bloody tells you them :doublecolbert:
Yeah nothing worse than getting killed by the surprise laser when you're using a veichle. tbf a lot of the time it can easily be avoided. If you're going right for the hog at the start of Sandtrap then it's your own bloody fault as far as I am concerned, as there's two lasers right in each team's base. What the hell do people expect to happen? :p Sometimes you can always be surprise lasered, but if you go for a hog run when you know there is no laser or your team has control of it, it'll be much more successful.

Goldenboko
03-28-2010, 02:15 PM
I've never been more excited to be owned by players that will be invariably better than me.

Why? Jet. Fucking. Packs.

~*~Celes~*~
03-28-2010, 02:32 PM
I've never been more excited to be owned by players that will be invariably better than me.

Why? Jet. smurfing. Packs.

We share the same sentiments :lol:

NorthernChaosGod
03-28-2010, 09:42 PM

Jetpacks are awesome.
But this is Halo, not Tribes. :mad2:

I'm pretty excited for Reach, really. I heard that they got rid of the god-awful rank system and replaced it with something less retarded.

The concept of no more rankwhoring is a very pleasant one, and it'll hopefully cut down on the people who make second accounts to play against newbies (which totally offsets the TrueSkill system or whatever it's called) just so they can get that ever-precious 50.
I still think it's the best system out there, it's not like you'll honestly get boosters often.

50 skill doesn't mean anything to me it just means someone had too much time on their hands and needs a girlfriend.
As opposed to all the people have have thousands upon thousands of matches and never make it past a 30? Still a 50 isn't hard or even time-consuming to get, if I made a new account I'm sure I could make it before 100 exp.

Dreddz
03-28-2010, 11:16 PM
I like Halo I guess. Well the multiplayer at least. How on earth this series got so popular is beyond me.

Iceglow
03-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Yes but that would be a second account NCG, not a first account and second accounts don't count. Still like I said, 50 skill doesn't mean anything to me. I don't particulary care for it if there was something to drive me up to that other than bragging rights (which to be perfectly honest, I find it funnier when I bag out a 50 skill player who is spouting off about how easy this game will be because he's up against a team with a lieutenant in it...thats bragging rights there, if he calls luck you call it skill when you repeat the process) then maybe I would do it even just a 50 - 100g achievement would make me think "hmm maybe that'll be worth my while" (achievement whore I know) however at present there really isn't anything though I don't doubt I will go in to the Arena on Reach to see how I like it because it does sound a lot better than the Halo 3 system which is broken these days with the different ranking systems.

Aerith's Knight
03-29-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't care about ranks or skill.

I just like being a gunny. :D

NorthernChaosGod
03-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Yes but that would be a second account NCG, not a first account and second accounts don't count.
Why the fuck not?

I got loads better at the game after I already had thousands of experience under my belt, it's damn near impossible for me to make lateral movement. I was godawful at the game when I first started compared to now.

Meat Puppet
03-29-2010, 10:04 AM
sellin/boostin 50s legit msg me if ur intrested

NeoCracker
03-29-2010, 11:01 AM

Jetpacks are awesome.
But this is Halo, not Tribes. :mad2:

Which is sad, cause Tribes was a good game. :(

Past that, plenty of better shooters out on console now. Halo had it's place (Much to my dismay) being this massive multi-player game you could play from your console.

But now with all the other options? Halo just seems kind of pointless now.

Psychotic
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I got loads better at the game after I already had thousands of experience under my belt, it's damn near impossible for me to make lateral movement. I was godawful at the game when I first started compared to now.This is the same for me. Although I got better at the game by getting to 40 in Lone Wolves. The matches and experiences in there are what made me the player I am. Although by the time I got to that rank I realised ranked was a smurfing hellhole full of utter failures at life, that the numbers are essentially meaningless, and now I just merrily dick people incredibly hard in social like the prick that I am. :shobon:

When the next Halo comes out, I am going to get to Staff Captain. That is my goal. People will jibe and taunt "STAFF CAPTAIN?!?!?! LOL YOU SUCK BUDDY!" and then I will cream them. And it will be the best.

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
I've never played Halo before :p

Psychotic
03-29-2010, 03:45 PM
I bet your Spartan would be green.

I Don't Need A Name
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
The new one looks as bland as the last 6000 of the games.

Bolivar
03-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Personally, I think that Bungie should get their buddies at Rooster Teeth to write the single player campaign. Halo: Red vs Blue would be totally awesome.

Seconded. Actually anyone interested in Red vs. Blue should be pretty excited - the new season, Revelations is coming soon, I got to see the first four episodes at PAX East and they're pretty awesome, with much more interesting writing than the last season Recreation had.

but it's a lot better mostly because they also announced at PAX East that Monty, the guy behind Dead Fantasy, is now working for them :D

Psychotic
03-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Oh awesome, looking forward to that.

NorthernChaosGod
03-29-2010, 11:51 PM
I got loads better at the game after I already had thousands of experience under my belt, it's damn near impossible for me to make lateral movement. I was godawful at the game when I first started compared to now.This is the same for me. Although I got better at the game by getting to 40 in Lone Wolves. The matches and experiences in there are what made me the player I am. Although by the time I got to that rank I realised ranked was a smurfing hellhole full of utter failures at life, that the numbers are essentially meaningless, and now I just merrily dick people incredibly hard in social like the prick that I am. :shobon:

When the next Halo comes out, I am going to get to Staff Captain. That is my goal. People will jibe and taunt "STAFF CAPTAIN?!?!?! LOL YOU SUCK BUDDY!" and then I will cream them. And it will be the best.
But I like my eagle. :(

Aerith's Knight
03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Why is being staff captain bad?

I never really got that.

Goldenboko
03-30-2010, 12:29 AM
It means "YOU PLAYED A LOT OF GAMES BUT WERE NEVER GOOD ENOUGH TO GET PASSED SKILL RANK 20 SOMETHING NEWBIE".

xD

Iceglow
03-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Yeah basically it's a rank like master sargeant or the top lieutenant rank. You get master sargeant if you never make it to 10 skill but play tons of games, like 250 if you pass 10 skill this will actually make you a 2nd grade lieutenant immediately (though this is by like 70 exp, you need to go to 10 before 200exp to make sure you don't skip the achievement. Same with the otehrs, going to them before getting the skill you need to progress will make you jump up to the 2nd grade of the next rank. I'm likely to end up a First Lieutenant soon enough but thats because people see the lieutenant and immediately dismiss me out of hand but in reality I can do some devastating runs on Halo which can be all but unstoppable if I have a little luck on my side. Makes bagging these second account 50 skill players who are like majors because they havent the exp to be a general so much more fun.

Aerith's Knight
03-30-2010, 01:06 AM
But if you only play social games, you'll always get those ranks, because your skill doesn't go up.

I know this because I played 3 games on rank, got to skill 5, and got bored with the game. Now I just smurf around with these teabaggers in social. So people look down on me because I have 5 skill, not noticing that I can still own their highranked ass and such?

I mean, how do they know if you played ranked or not? I have to agree with Paul here, I'd just play social games, if only to teabag them twice as hard when they ragequit.

Psychotic
03-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Well that's just it. They have the view that if you play social you are automatically a terrible player rather than someone who just cba to grind out results against twats that camp behind corners/shield doors/grav lifts/anything with power weapons.

Aerith's Knight
03-30-2010, 01:12 AM
"Ha! I just hit you with a hammer from behind from this dead corner. You are so pwnd. Doing this 18 hours a day is totally worth it."

NorthernChaosGod
03-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Bitter much, guys? :P

Psychotic
03-30-2010, 01:59 PM
What's to be bitter about? I wanted to get to 40, I got to 40. I have never tried going higher than that. I've thought about it, but I just think "ehhhhh I really cba with that".

I had a game in Lone Wolves the other day to see what it was like, and it was hilarious because I was a 40 rank who was a recruit in that playlist because it's been so long since I played it - I last played it before they put the individual playlist ranks in!

Either way, I just like to make fun of the hardcore camp grinders for my own amusement rather than out of any deep-seated rage. :D

Madame Adequate
03-30-2010, 02:54 PM
HI GUYS GUESS WHOSE INTERNET WON'T SUFFICE FOR HALO REACH BETA LOL

:emo:

Jiro
03-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Mine either Hux. You stab me, and while I'm slowly dying, I'll shoot you.

Psychotic
03-30-2010, 03:10 PM

:emo:well now who am I supposed to betray?

Madame Adequate
03-30-2010, 03:20 PM

You seem to have been doing just fine without me playing online, Judas. :colbert:

Aerith's Knight
03-30-2010, 03:21 PM
To be fair, he only betrays you once every 5 games.

NorthernChaosGod
03-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Lulz, EoFF Halo Tourney?

Psychotic
03-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Why bother? Iceglow will cream us all.

In fact, I propose about 8 of us get together to try to fight him 8 vs 1. It might be a fair fight that way.

bipper
03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
I can see your halo...

NorthernChaosGod
03-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Why bother? Iceglow will cream us all.
You maybe. :smug:

In fact, I propose about 8 of us get together to try to fight him 8 vs 1. It might be a fair fight that way.
Lulz, that's not very nice. Also, he has more targets, it'd only take a couple lucky encounters for him to pass the opposing team.

Psychotic
03-30-2010, 08:25 PM
You maybe. :smug:Hey, if he can beat me, what hope do you have? :greenie:

Lulz, that's not very nice. Also, he has more targets, it'd only take a couple lucky encounters for him to pass the opposing team.Well, in a 3 vs 4 situation I'd back the 3. But an 8 vs 1 is pushing it. They would basically control every power weapon and could spawn kill the poor guy to fuck.

NorthernChaosGod
03-30-2010, 08:35 PM
You maybe. :smug:Hey, if he can beat me, what hope do you have? :greenie:
A snowball's chance in Hell... Michigan. :smug:

Lulz, that's not very nice. Also, he has more targets, it'd only take a couple lucky encounters for him to pass the opposing team.Well, in a 3 vs 4 situation I'd back the 3. But an 8 vs 1 is pushing it. They would basically control every power weapon and could spawn kill the poor guy to smurf.
Lulz, if they're good maybe. But still, no one's perfect, it'd be easy for him to get kills if he's as good as I think you're saying he is.

Psychotic
03-30-2010, 08:38 PM
We must fight him 2 vs 1 to discover the truth of this matter! (but you're not allow to play badly to let him win :colbert:)

Momiji
03-30-2010, 08:45 PM

For the record, I will be playing the Reach beta on my rather mercurial connection. :shobon:

Psychotic
03-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Your dad can't save you this time! ...not that he saved you the last time either. :aimkiss:

NorthernChaosGod
03-30-2010, 09:28 PM
We must fight him 2 vs 1 to discover the truth of this matter! (but you're not allow to play badly to let him win :colbert:)

Haha, I'm down. And I would never throw a match like that.

Iceglow
03-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Hmm see, give me a rocket launcher (spawned with me, not across the map) with infinite ammo and I'd definitely be up for that game of 8 vs 1 ;) I'd go down fighting damn hard at least.

However, doubt I'd cream you all, I might be an occassional bad ass mother fucker when it comes to Halo (I do get some awesomely sweet runs on occassion, even without Psy's wingmanship, or as he calls it me being a kill stealing bastard) but I'm not consistently great I make too many stupid mistakes on maps when I'm not overly familiar with it, I'm getting better at avoiding them but because I'm not this obsessive halo player who must be level 50 in everything I do still make mistakes and I certainly have some :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty games still, though as Psy often says, I have the raw talent on halo, I just need to learn to hone the talent in to a consistent edge, right now I'm hacking with a half finished blade.

Psychotic
03-30-2010, 10:46 PM
You must fight me and NCG 2 vs 1!

Anyway I've decided to dip my hand into ranked again. We'll see how this game goes. BET I RAGEQUIT.

JKTrix
03-30-2010, 10:49 PM
I just saw you and Iceglow pop on, and was willing to drop out of Dragonball if you guys were gonna do some Halo.

But if it's Ranked, I really don't think I could keep up with you guys.

NorthernChaosGod
03-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Wait, are you guys currently on? Are we going to plan a 2v1?

Psychotic
03-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Nah, Trix, it's cool, me and Iceglow are doing social.

Also the 2v1 was a joke xD

PS: In case you're wondering, I won my lone wolves match. The bitch is back.

NorthernChaosGod
03-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Dammit, fine. FFA with the three of us?

Iceglow
03-31-2010, 12:39 AM
You know, we could put together the EoFF ranked team swat party though it'd be brutally fast and furious. I'm not exactly :bou::bou::bou::bou: at swat I hold my own (in a game where it turned in to 3 versus me and Kari, swat magnums I had a tally of over 30 kills on my own, they won by about 5 kills) though I feel before long we'd grow bored and hit big team social.

Aerith's Knight
03-31-2010, 01:36 AM
I could so pwn you all, but I intentionally play bad so I can keep my Gunny rank. :p

NorthernChaosGod
03-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Me > all of you

Bring it on, buttplugs.

Psychotic
03-31-2010, 06:18 AM
Sorry about that folks, my internet cut out. :(

Madame Adequate
03-31-2010, 07:35 AM
My first SWAT game ever, I utterly destroyed the opposition.

I've never been close to as good again :(

Psychotic
03-31-2010, 07:37 AM
Do you think you could beat Steve in SWAT, Huxley?

Madame Adequate
03-31-2010, 07:41 AM
I could have, once.

NorthernChaosGod
03-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Why didn't you :bou::bou::bou::bou:s invite me?

Meat Puppet
03-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Aren’t we due for a Grifball weekend? GRIIIIIIIIFFFBAAAAAAALLLL. Why certainly, I do enjoy a nice quiet game of grifball, old chap.

Psychotic
03-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Nobody likes Grifball.

And you could've just joined our party, NCG!

Iceglow
03-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Hell yeah the rule on halo is, if we're rollin and you want in, just bowl on up and roll mofo! so long as someone knows you you're cool for the night, but if you're a newb expect to get to taste the bag!

NorthernChaosGod
03-31-2010, 08:05 PM
You all know me. :mad2:

And fine, next time.

Iceglow
04-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Couple of great games tonight, though not necessarily for victories I'll start with those first:

The best game for me was probably the game on Sandtrap where I rolled out an impressive sniper spree earning myself a sharpshooter medal.

Best game overall was probably the valhallan one bomb game where we not only dominated the offense and defense rounds myself and Psy pretty much held the opposition base so that they not only couldn't plant the bomb but because we were waiting for them they couldn't get near the bomb to attempt a plant.

Funniest moment of the night was a guy who frankly was a pretty good second account (from my guess, though I don't know if Psy agrees) betrayed us both for no reason, me and Psy made it our mission in life to bag him to hell...we did he booted us both and then the trash talking began so we immediately quit our next game and accepted his demand for a new game against us however we set the rules...yup...we caged him, 1 triple kill from me later and he quits. Sucks to be him.

Meat Puppet
04-01-2010, 08:01 AM
i like grifball because I can pretend to be the athletically superior stud and impress girls by the the length of my hammer like i never could achieve irl

Madame Adequate
04-01-2010, 10:35 AM
And you could've just joined our party, NCG!

FYI NCG you need to learn to do this. The number of times I have sat around waiting for an invite because years of upbringing made me think it rude to invite myself... oy.

NorthernChaosGod
04-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Most of the people I play with, myself included, will invite you if we want you to play with us. In fact, most of the time the party is on invite only...

Iceglow
04-01-2010, 10:29 PM
We really don't do that, we're seriously too lazy to click the invite over to you. Therefore if you ever see a party on xbl for halo and want in, just join party we'll let you know when the game is up and you can join us fully.

NorthernChaosGod
04-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Well, now I know that. But you guys should probably say something here, I don't really get on much without prompting these days.

Ultima Shadow
04-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Just started playing online.

I walk up to my opponents and try to convince them that violence is not the answere and that everything can be setteled in a peaceful way.

...it's not going too well. Am I doing something wrong? :(

NorthernChaosGod
04-02-2010, 01:22 AM
No, keep trying. They'll come around eventually.

Psychotic
04-02-2010, 01:23 AM
You should play with us, Shads. We'll see you right!

Ultima Shadow
04-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Sure, I'll join in sometime. Just let me have the Rocket Launchers.

...no, I'm not going to KILL anyone with them, silly. It's because of the fireworks. I need fireworks to celebrate the reign of eternal peace and love once I've managed to convince the opponents to put down their weapons and pointless violence for good.:love:

Aerith's Knight
04-02-2010, 01:11 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/borders.png

Psychotic
04-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Dennis, we've invented a new torture especially for you. You will be begging for the cage before the end. :D

Reach news time now. There's a new armour ability been announced now, called armour lock. It makes you temporarily invulnerable for a couple of seconds, but you're also locked in place and can't move. Shotguns, vehicle splatters, even being stuck - you'll survive. I believe it is showcased in the trailer with that ghost being launched when it tries ot hit the guy.

Also I don't know if I am understanding it correctly, but it seems to me you'll be able to choose the weapons you spawn with. This sounds like an unmitigated disaster. Anyone who has played Halo online for 5 minutes can tell you what this is going to end up like, but for those of you who haven't, the game is basically going to become Team Snipers. I hope I've misread this because fuck that.

Madame Adequate
04-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Oh god please be wrong about that Paul. I get enough of xXSnipper420Xx thinking he is some sort of Simo Hayha-esque sniping god without that.

Iceglow
04-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't think Loadouts will be as bad as Psy thinks though they will be difficult to get the hand off, and give a better chance to spawn killed people (we all know how hard it can be to recover when the enemy have you pinned in the spawn)

to quote the article about it:

Load Outs. At the beginning of each match or round, and again every time you wait out your respawn window, you are given the option of choosing a Load Out.

Load Outs are not player created or defined, but rather playlist and/or game type specific. Essentially, they allow you to choose your Armor Ability, your starting primary and secondary weapons, and your grenade cache on the fly.

For some playlists, that might mean every Load Out features the same weapon sets with only the Armor Abilities to distinguish them. For others, it might mean that as the game goes on, you’ll have access to more and more choices based on a number of factors we can fiddle with.

That's just one example to the right. Many gametypes will feature more uniformity in the initial selection.

What it doesn’t mean is that you will be creating your own custom Load Out to bring into Matchmaking. You’ll be choosing from our prefabricated offerings, based on what’s best suited for each gametype.

Don’t worry about power weapons being available right from the start, either. In most cases, you’ll still be finding those distributed via a number of methods throughout the battlefield, though if circumstance warrants it, we certainly can start you with, say, the Rocket Launcher.

And, of course, you can still loot the corpses of your fallen foes and you’ll still find sweet stashes of weapons strewn carelessly about the map for you to find and acquire.

So yeah it's going to be game speciffic no MW2 loadouts but yeah aside from the lack of MW2 loadout it's pretty much what I expected of Halo Reach when they said Loadouts in the trailer.

heres an image to better accompany it:

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/Inline10/040210/ui.jpg

For the short version basically each game is going to start with a screen like the above image, in that screen you'll select from some preset weapon and armour ability loadouts to fight against your enemies with.

Also of note:

Embracing Our DifferencesLast week we trotted Luke Smith and friends out to talk at some length about the economy of Credits and how they, coupled with Military Rank, will ultimately inform the visual accouterments adopted by your Spartan avatar in Halo: Reach. This week, we decided to get a little more technical and dive into the more matérielistic side of the multiplayer coin. We’ll dig in even further in just a few, but since the two subjects do intertwine somewhat, I figured we’d begin where the two roads meet.

That brings us to Elites. We’ve already said that the Elites found in Halo: Reach were never meant to conform to the noble notion of equality. For far too long, our Sangheili brothers have been leashed – their very backs burdened by the weight of multiplayer parity. They hunched, bent to the whims of human anatomy.

/LARP

Not anymore. In Reach, Elites are bigger, they’re faster, and they boast better shield technology than their Spartan counterparts. To drive the first point home – the size difference — we’ve prepped a side-by-side comparison so you can see just how pronounced the physical changes really are. Click it to check it out in higher resolution.

Size matters. And when we say Elites are faster, we mean it. Natively, Elites are about as fast as a Spartan at full Sprint. Add Evade into the mix, and they’re easily the most agile combatants on the battlefield in multiplayer.

Unlike Spartans, their health is not limited to recharging in thirds as their vitality is whittled away in stages, but will recharge fully without even the need for a health pack. Their health also recharges faster, as do their shields. Significantly faster.

So, how are we gonna work them into multiplayer? Well, in a number of ways. In some circumstances, like Arena, you’ll only square off Spartan vs. Spartan or Elite vs. Elite. In others, well…stay tuned.

We’ll dig into some interesting scenarios in the weeks ahead.

Looks like elites could be beastly to play against. They've ruled out them fighting spartans in ranked mode but in matchmaking that might be another story...could if done right be amazing.

Aerith's Knight
04-05-2010, 07:18 PM
We really don't do that, we're seriously too lazy to click the invite over to you. Therefore if you ever see a party on xbl for halo and want in, just join party we'll let you know when the game is up and you can join us fully.

Unless you're me. I get an invite in.. 2 minutes. But that's because I'm awesome, slightly useful in a turret and have awesome halo songs.

Iceglow
04-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Unless you're me. I get an invite in.. 2 minutes. But that's because I'm awesome, slightly useful in a turret and have awesome halo songs.

As soon as Paul responds you best be ready to get online.

Madame Adequate
04-05-2010, 08:28 PM
imho to play as an elite in one round you have to first play two rounds as a grunt.

Aerith's Knight
04-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm done studying

So... is anyone still playing?

NorthernChaosGod
04-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Goddammit, if I wanted to play CoD I already would be. :mad2:

Psychotic
04-06-2010, 03:04 PM
The thing about Elites is that the Elites, being larger, will be much easier targets to hit (I am assuming the hitbox will be changed, as right now the Spartans and Elites have identical hitboxes, so there are actually some places in the Elites where bullets pass through - most notably the neck!), so it's not like it'll be especially unbalanced.

Also I just want to say that the new Spartans look infinitely better than the ones in Halo 3.

Iceglow
04-06-2010, 07:49 PM
The thing about Elites is that the Elites, being larger, will be much easier targets to hit (I am assuming the hitbox will be changed, as right now the Spartans and Elites have identical hitboxes, so there are actually some places in the Elites where bullets pass through - most notably the neck!), so it's not like it'll be especially unbalanced.

Yeah I know what you mean, when we play swat it makes all the sense in the world to use an elite. Hell on pretty much any game type you'll shoot an elite sometime and you'll think "fuck you! I know I had headshot" and you go right through them.

Also I just want to say that the new Spartans look infinitely better than the ones in Halo 3.

Yeah I think everything looks a lot better than the predecessor games, ODST set a much darker tone than Halo 1, 2 or 3 had and I feel that the darker tone has continued with Reach something I'm quite happy about because a lot of the critics of the Halo series so far have always pointed out how bright everything is and how it's not very gritty. Which in a sense is also a good thing about Halo, since Gears of War we've seen so many "grey" games where the entire colour pallete is a selection of greys and browns. Halo stood out to me because it stayed bright and colourful.

Madame Adequate
04-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm not optimistic about a pessimistic tone for Reach. It looks a little grimmer, but I somehow doubt they're actually going to hammer the reality of 700mil people dying home too hard.

Quindiana Jones
04-06-2010, 08:18 PM
That'd be pretty epic though. I mean, we all jizzed when CoD killed the protoganist because he failed miserably. We already know Reach gets blitzed. Throughout the whole campaign we'll be playing knowing that we are going to lose.

It could be one of the best Halo campaigns ever if they don't fuck it up.

As for Halo currently, I suck at it (http://halocharts.com/index.php?player=Quintonir&submit=Loading+Data...+Please+wait). I got online to play Halo, played Ranked and got bored. Though I did have a high point against a guy who took the piss out of my name. He was, statistically, a better player than me, but I spent an entire LW on Forge hunting him.

Psychotic
04-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey Quin you dreadful man play with us sometime :colbert:

Quindiana Jones
04-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I will. When I can get on Live without uni cutting off my internet. :love:

~*~Celes~*~
04-10-2010, 04:45 PM
my 360 had better have internet soon :nonono:

Iceglow
04-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Heres somethings for you guys to read:

Details on Beta maps (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1082381p1.html)

Theres going to be 4 maps and from the looks of it several game types including one where the spartans will fight the elites in a little 6 on 6 action :D

Also in recent Halo news, last night we done fire fight between myself, Huxley and Paul we scored over 3million points it was awesome.

NorthernChaosGod
04-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Dude, you guys play ODST too? I wanna play! I need the achievements.

Psychotic
04-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Yeah we got 3,000,000 on Firefight just last night actually. Was a hell of a game.

I really want to get the two Vidmasters on that done.

NorthernChaosGod
04-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Can we coordinate a time? Pleeaase?

Psychotic
04-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Sure although first we need some volunteers. I know Iceglow is down for it but does anyone else fancy a frustrating (but hopefully hilarious!) time at getting ridiculous achievements?

The first one, you have to beat the last level of ODST on Legendary, with Iron on (one person dies, go back to last checkpoint) without touching the Warthog or Scorpion. Literally. Can't even touch them. Although there are two Mongooses with 999 ammo (I think) Rocket Launchers nearby.

Second, four player Heroic Firefight - beat four sets. In the 3,000,000 game last night, we got to set 8 although that was on Normal. Last Platoon + Chopper = the road to victory.

NorthernChaosGod
04-12-2010, 04:37 AM
I'm more than down. And to clarify, you can't touch them at all as in not even jump ON them? Or just not get in them?

Psychotic
04-12-2010, 04:45 AM
From what I've been informed, even coming into contact with them blocks the achievement so yes, jumping on them would cancel it. Whoever said it could've been full of :bou::bou::bou::bou:, but hey, there's no need to touch them anyway so best to err on the side of caution.

NorthernChaosGod
04-12-2010, 06:59 AM
:O Damn, that's a pretty ridiculous requirement. But yes, better safe than sorry.

The mongooses are still two-man?

Meat Puppet
04-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Endure took me like 5 hours because the game was literally playing in slow motion.

Also I teabagged the warthog to freak out my vidmaster team and we still got the achievement.

Psychotic
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Also I teabagged the warthog to freak out my vidmaster team and we still got the achievement.hahahaha

Although I'm still not even touching them. They have the space plague.

Iceglow
04-12-2010, 06:32 PM
I need to go get the achievement from ODST for doing a level with 0 shots fired. Now perhaps those who have done it can clarify something for me.

I watched the IGN insider moves video on how to get this one, I know the level to use is the reserve level when you have to drive the hog over the level and out the other end. Now Paul tells me you cannot have a gunner or passenger with you but their video said you can have both and actively encourages the player to give the spartan laser to their passenger in the hog. This is because the laser will then due to the rules of NPC weaponry have infinite ammo and can be used to target the enemy tanks that continuously harass you.

Now, what I need to know is who is right, IGN or Paul...also is there any tips people can give for doing it. I tried the IGN route before, completed the level (was not very easy to do) and didn't get the achievment for the completion of the level.

Edit also I be in need of a vidmaster final level party for Halo 3. Paul is/was being gay and refusing to be party to it however if we can get enough of us together who he actually enjoys playing with perhaps we can have some hilarious ghosting action done.

Goldenboko
04-12-2010, 06:37 PM
All these Vidmaster challenges sound like an unnecessary pain. I just want some peeps to shoot bitchez with.

NorthernChaosGod
04-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm down to do the Halo 3 ghost achievement with you, but I'd rather do the ODST stuff first. I also need the same one that you need, I pretty much need all of the Firefight achievements.

Psychotic
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
ODST Firefight achievements are basically an hour, hour and a half grind on Easy mode for two players. Will probably take a shorter amount of time with three or four people.

As far as the solo vidmaster goes, I did it in a few tries without anyone in my hog just fine, although I think going in a hog is silly anyway, you should switch to a ghost as soon as you fucking can and then gun it.

NorthernChaosGod
04-12-2010, 07:42 PM
All points duly noted.

Psychotic
04-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Had such an intense game of SWAT today (none of you were online, that's why you weren't invited. Love you all!) with Iceglow.

Two of our team quit leaving us to face off against a 49 or a 50 (I can't remember exactly) and his cronies on Guardian. The thing about SWAT is that on a smaller map, you can easily control the spawn points with 4 vs 2, although the 2 can easily get multi-kills. Was still ridiculous. We won 50-49 and I went +12. :cool:

Iceglow
04-14-2010, 07:53 AM
That game was pretty damn intense it has to be said though my score was not as beautiful as Psy's it must be admitted. Though on Monday I went absoloutely beserk in a game and scored better than Psy (+13 k/d and a killing frenzy on blackout swat :cool:) even which is strange as well everyone knows. I remember another game of note, 4 on 4 Pit swat variant the entire enemy team was second accounts and so we had to play incredibly hard to score our victory. Two of the accounts were good, real good however right at the end when it was around 49 - 47 or so in our favour their best player was in front of me running away, I couldn't get a clean headshot with my BR (elite) so I'm body tapping him with no real effect eventually I got bored/closed the distance and just as he turned to attempt to take Psy out I punched him and beat him down winning score went to me on him, using my fist having plugged him about 4 times in the body from behind and ofcourse for that I bagged like no elite has bagged before. I have to admit Swat is bloody amazing and I've grown to love it even when we get second accounts and generals it generally doesn't mean a thing we can still win or fight it so close that they're left wondering at the end of the game "damn...just wtf happened there?"

Meat Puppet
04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Forge hunting him.
warthog rush aye

Aerith's Knight
04-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Ah smurf you Psy. You know I don't have internet on both PC and Xbox. You could've dropped a single visitor note. ._.

Psychotic
04-14-2010, 01:39 PM
You weren't around on the PC either. I kept checking Eyes on in between games to see if you were there and you weren't!

Aerith's Knight
04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
I was! I just clicked away when I saw nothing and went back to watching a movie.

But fine, my mistake. Just leave a post next time.

Goldenboko
04-14-2010, 03:17 PM
WHAT THE FUCK PSY?

Just kidding. :aimkiss:

NorthernChaosGod
04-14-2010, 06:54 PM
You weren't around on the PC either. I kept checking Eyes on in between games to see if you were there and you weren't!

And nothing for me! :colbert:

Hollycat
04-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I keep my eyes on the radar and peek around corners carefully instead of bursting out, and I also make sure to either have a teamate on my back, or check behind me every few seconds, and above all, I never run between a sword fight.
I keep quiet, and then when they least expect it, 2367 needles!!!

Aerith's Knight
04-14-2010, 07:30 PM

They don't like you.

Hollycat
04-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Actually its number 2....

Ouch!
04-14-2010, 09:28 PM
I played Halo 3 again for the first time in like a couple months the other night. Oh my God, I've missed it so much. Paul, I'm not going home this summer, so I'll have :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty internet all year 'round. Is your NAT Type Open again yet? D:

Psychotic
04-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Nope, Medium still. :whimper:

NorthernChaosGod
04-15-2010, 05:36 AM

They don't like you.

:mad2:

Madame Adequate
04-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Awful, awful people. I am never playing with them again. :(

Aerith's Knight
04-15-2010, 01:04 PM
It was quite a ride on those mongeese, wasn't it? xD

Iceglow
04-15-2010, 07:19 PM

Oh you'll be back, only hopefully this time, Dennis won't fill you full of missiles.

Aerith's Knight
04-15-2010, 07:30 PM
People have a tendency to drive or walk exactly in front of my line of rocket fire.

Madame Adequate
04-15-2010, 07:57 PM

Oh you'll be back, only hopefully this time, Dennis won't fill you full of missiles.

I probably will be back but next time I am not sticking around to help get some silly vidmaster achievement. :colbert:

Aerith's Knight
04-15-2010, 08:01 PM
I thought it was fun. When we weren't dying at least.

Iceglow
04-15-2010, 08:33 PM
TBF Hux, we did have a laugh doing it, even if it was a laugh of "Oh ffs! DENNIS YOU FAG STOP SHOOTING ME!" The second achievement we tried for was more evil though we did pick up the standard windward achievement.

NorthernChaosGod
04-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Wait, you guys are getting the achievements? GODDAMMIT. :mad2:

Ouch!
04-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Nope, Medium still. :whimper:
Fix it! D:

Aerith's Knight
04-15-2010, 09:41 PM
TBF Hux, we did have a laugh doing it, even if it was a laugh of "Oh ffs! DENNIS YOU FAG STOP SHOOTING ME!" The second achievement we tried for was more evil though we did pick up the standard windward achievement.

I sometimes accidentally kill them and they still like me better.

:smug:

Madame Adequate
04-15-2010, 10:14 PM

TBF I wasn't laughing. :|

Past tense, got the achievement. This part makes it worthwhile :smug:

NorthernChaosGod
04-15-2010, 10:20 PM
I hate you all. :mad2:

Iceglow
04-15-2010, 10:36 PM

Yeah, we got the achievement for Windward (Myself, Gobo, Psy) and another party of us (Me, Ak, Psy, Milf) acquired the Deja-vu Vidmaster achievement however a party consisting of Me, Psy, Milf and Gobo failed to get the Endure achievement.

I was talking with the others last night it's a tough call theres a max party size of 4 for these achievements at any time. Because it's 4 people at a time, unfortunately not everyone can be a party to the achievment the first time, especially since theres around 10 different people who regulary play Halo from EoFF. Fortunately for anyone a man down on the achievment hunts out there, especially for the vidmasters requiring 4 people to do I am a complete glutton for punishment. I seriously mean this, if a game has something totally stupid and irrelevant to do I WANT to do it just to prove I can, I even enjoyed doing Resi 5 pro with Psy. Therefore if anyone else wants to do an achievement and definitely require another person I will be willing to help out when I can.

As for the achievements such as Windward (200k score as a team on a map for Firefight) we like to change the map depending on who is playing or what we feel like, doing lost platoon over and over would get boring as hell. Therefore when we play ODST just ask us to change the map to something you need the achievement for and we'll generally be cool with that. The hard part is meeting up because unfortunately if we are mid-game and we're on a good run we have to end the game completely to get you in to the party :(

NorthernChaosGod
04-15-2010, 11:17 PM
I still need all of the vidmaster achievements. :(

If you help me get Endure and Deja Vu, then I'll help you get the ghost run one on Halo 3.

Psychotic
04-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah we still need to get Endure, don't worry about that.

Just wondering if we should do it on Lost Platoon or Alpha Site, exploiting the glitch on there. (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Site)

Iceglow
04-15-2010, 11:44 PM
we could try doing it, the two in the elevator would be imperative but at the same point would have to accept their scores will suck.

edit: NCG, done deal man...we just need 2 more people involved to get them. I'll be honest, Deja-vu and the ghost vidmaster from halo 3 are rated "joint second" in terms of difficulty to get on the achievements list. The top one is Endure.

Psychotic
04-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Caring about individual score is a great way to ruin a Firefight attempt anyway unless you're playing on Easy.

Goldenboko
04-15-2010, 11:55 PM

Just wondering if we should do it on Lost Platoon or Alpha Site, exploiting the glitch on there. (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Site)

Alpha Site is a great place to do any challenge regardless of the glitch because of the ability to funnel the enemies through the two corridors. Fairly sure me and my friend Bob got to set 3 or 4 on normal just the two of us, but that was when the game first came out, so I wonder if I'm remembering properly.

EDIT: And Bob isn't even that good.

~*~Celes~*~
04-15-2010, 11:56 PM
They like me cause i let them kill me :jess:

Aerith's Knight
04-16-2010, 12:51 AM

I'm up for it, if you plan it ahead.

They like me cause i let them kill me

You dont let us kill you.

NorthernChaosGod
04-16-2010, 05:03 AM

Whatever you guys want, the easier the better I guess. Haha.

we could try doing it, the two in the elevator would be imperative but at the same point would have to accept their scores will suck.

edit: NCG, done deal man...we just need 2 more people involved to get them. I'll be honest, Deja-vu and the ghost vidmaster from halo 3 are rated "joint second" in terms of difficulty to get on the achievements list. The top one is Endure.
I don't care about my score as long as I get the achievement. And I didn't find the ghost run that hard, just quite long. I had fun with it though.

Aerith's Knight
04-16-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't care about my score as long as I get the achievement.

*buzz*

Alex, I'm gonna go with: "What do you say when you're an achievement whore?"

Iceglow
04-16-2010, 11:47 AM
The Deja-vu one is a little harder I feel but essentially think rocket race with 4 people working together. The worst part is needing to kill every enemy before a checkpoint area to get the checkpoint. thats annoying and I'll say now, going in to this we will end up seeing that damn checkpoint often if we fuck up (mongooses aren't very ressistant and even a indirect hit will generally kill one of the two odst's on it, we regulary saw gunners get hit in the face by fuel rod rounds what had missed the mongoose entirely, driver lived mongoose survived but the party went back to the checkpoint because 1 person died) which is a guaranteed certainty, especially considering theres tanks, banshees and ghosts alongside the normal contingent of ground troops and drones to fight your way through, (good tactic is for one pair on a goose to speed straight down to the far end and begin clearing on foot back towards the other pair, this way they're in position to help secure the end zone for Dare and Vrgl especially since the elephant's shielding will begin to fail once they're at the end zone not before in most cases) rocket launcher with 999 rounds and smg is the way to go imho at least then for drones you can all hop off and shoot them down with the smg.

As for Annual, it doesn't seem too extensively difficult it's just going to be a little time consuming, the worst part of the level will undoubtedbly be the start fights against the flood because if one person ends up cornered and dying we'll need to do it all over again the floor tiles will probably just prove annoying to avoid but I've seen videos what consistently show the correct path to take but I figure we can figure this out mostly.

I acquired the Vidmaster Classic achievement yesterday I saw an ok video for it which helped. The guy frankly sucked at it but rather than follow the rooster teeth guide which uses the hog for the first sprint past the tanks he gets a ghost early by using the technique (don't bother playing patsy with the ghost, when it comes close and you have the jack ability, jack it and be done with that) in the first bit of this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQT7xEKKrM0) If you wanna know why I said he sucked, watch the video all the way through he dies like 10 times during this video alone.

Oh and fun fact about Endure...

Endure originally was designed to be done on legendary and to survive past the 7th set however they determined it was nigh on impossible and therefore toned it down to 4 sets and heroic.

For those with no experience of firefight and just how hard that would be, 7 sets on easy is difficult enough to live on and generally by the time the players have done 8 sets on easy they'll be wiped out completely because when you die and respawn nothing you have initially can even truly hurt anything except grunts with a headshot. 7 sets on legendary, is just impossible to imagine really, you're talking 4+ hours of fighting far tougher than anything thrown at you in the campaign mode in fact this would be tougher than trying the Halo 3 level Cortana with all skulls on. Considering by the time you get up to the higher set levels all skulls are on constantly (excluding iron because thats not ever on in firefight with the exception of the bonus rounds) and a wave of brutes can consist of 20 - 30 of the buggers you can understand that double health, promoted to the next rank brutes = more chieftans, more captains and more power armour give them an overshield too and you realize very quickly that it's not even close to a fair fight. On legendary the thought of it makes me shudder.

Madame Adequate
04-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Haha I wish they had done that it would be glorious to see people attempting it. Normal got pretty much impossible by Set 8 (though we were probably pretty fatigued on account of being 3 1/2 hours in and it being 6am xD), heroic is pretty tough to begin with (Alpha Site would be better, glitch or not imho). Though I like Windward the best :D

I will attempt this one perhaps because it's just playing normally and I like Firefight. Me and Barry always play on Heroic and we've two-manned it up to the start of Set 3 I believe.

Psychotic
04-16-2010, 07:07 PM
We tested it out and the glass glitch works, leading to the ability to melee Hunters to death, if you so desire such a thing.

Iceglow
04-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Another possibility would be to use Last Exit and Ghost splatter the enemies. However I will point out since it is endurance not score what matters this might not be worthwhile since I doubt on heroic our Ghosts would allow us to survive so many stick grenades like it did on easy, which is what myself and psy just done, we splattered our way to over 200k.

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm going to do my best to one-man it past Set 4 at least on Heroic, just so I can finally have something to :smug: MILF with. Bucket List! :D

Psychotic
04-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Have fun with that.

(you won't. It will be hell)

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2010, 07:47 PM
i r secrt pro

I'll admit that my chances would dramatically improve if I bought the game.

NorthernChaosGod
04-16-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't care about my score as long as I get the achievement.

*buzz*

Alex, I'm gonna go with: "What do you say when you're an achievement whore?"

Blow me.

Madame Adequate
04-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Have fun with that.

(you won't. It will be hell)

Yeah seriously man just... just don't. :(

Iceglow
04-18-2010, 08:27 PM
To the 3 others who were up for doing the two vidmasters, I'm online now. Will be messing around with AC06 but if capable get online and join my party and we'll sort things out. Gobo, I know you said you might have an issue with comming on today...let me know if you're capable of being online now.

Goldenboko
04-18-2010, 10:29 PM
That was fucking awesome, especially our epic line of death at the end of the level. At the end I was actually getting yelled at the entire time that we had to go because my brother suddenly changed plans and times that we where going out. He was yelling, "wtf Dan? hurry up!?!" and I was responding, "TRUST ME I'M FUCKING TRYING!" xD

Iceglow
04-19-2010, 12:18 AM
And so we have a tale to tell, a tale of 4 gamers who on one volcanic ash induced quiet night decided to begin a quest over the internet to achieve a prize known only as Annual. These four brave warriors who embarked that day knew not what Annual entirely was, though they had heard tall tales that it could only be found by doing the final level of the game Halo 3 using only Ghosts as veichles whilst experiencing the pain known as Iron...One young warrior who was "willing" to go suddenly bowed out with what appeared to be "stomach cramps" the others merely rolled their eyes and grabbed a young boy known as Goldenboko to fulfill his role knowing little how this fateful quest would challenge everything from their skills to their sense of humour to their friendship.

And so our four warriors brave, Iceglow, Aeriths Knight, Northernchaosgod and Goldenboko set forth:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/GoboAKNCGMegotowar.jpg

Their initial bravery left many dead in their path, little did they know it was just beginning (featuring: Iceglow as Master Chief, Goldenboko as Arbiter, Northernchaosgod as maroon elite and Aerith's Knight as blue elite and dead flood as dead flood)

Finally after many fights, some of which seemed to play out exactly the same way as the previous battle they managed to get past the tower where they defeated a former friend Guilty Spark in battle. Iceglow proved the key to this path finding mission having located the ghosts and guided the remaining party members slowly but surely around the mountain path avoiding the sheer drops on either side. The riders had to now face a quick passage through a tower cut in to the mountainside of this new Halo. The final chambers proved to be the toughest, as they splattered their way to it they noticed, 5 carrier forms in a direct line "No choice, AK you'll just have to gun it!" Iceglow cried out as AK lined up, AK obligated by gunning through splattering 4 out of the 5 however their explosive bodies launched and twisted his Ghost throwing him clear, seeing his friend about to get overwhelmed and knowing it was risk everything on a second charge or fail, Iceglow charged...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/AKdamagedghostbeforesplatter.jpg

Dennis, I have a bone to pick with you, remember you said "oh you blew my ghost half to hell!" at me like 200 times? Yeah take a bloody look at the picture, the enemy carrier forms blew your ghost I simply saved your life with a gamble that worked...never doubt my tactics again :colbert:

The party pressed on hard and fast, AK although his Ghost was severely wounded by the mean treatment it received in the mountain passes kept on pressing forwards recklessly leaving his partners behind. When they eventually caught up with him and had a go at him he said and I quote "Oh if that path doesn't work for you, find another, theres always a path" he kept on insisting that there was even when produced with multiple arguments saying he was wrong...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/ReallyDennisisthereALWAYSapath.jpg

So tell me AK, is there really always a path? I don't think so :doublecolbert: somewhere in this image is 3 dead specs, those specs are: Me, Goldenboko and NCG, I rest my case on this.

Eventually the brave fellowship of Towntwinkles found its soul and began to work once more as a team should with communication and teamwork the occassional nudge here and push there secured many a ghost mere seconds before it would plummet to it's gory death below for if one failed they all failed. This didn't stop accidents from occuring such as this huge piece of masonry falling on Iceglow's head:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/OUCH.jpg

Then came perhaps their biggest challenge and their most mighty failure, the kamakazi express...no words describe this test of their deepest humours so heres some pictures...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/Linedupperfectly.jpg

for once we were perfectly spaced, perfectly lined up...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/Seenfromthisanglethiswasalwaysgonna.jpg

however seen from this angle, things was always gonna end badly...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/Wrongturning-1.jpg

NCG says HI! to the void...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/Suicideexpressgoingdown.jpg

Yeah, um we did say it wasn't going to end well didn't we?

Iceglow however still reeling from the masonry falling on top of his head took this opportunity to scream "I'm on top of the world!" at this point:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/Imontopoftheworld.jpg

Then he realized, actually no he wasn't but he was concussed and therefore rightfully confused that he was suddenly joining the others in a skydive without a parachute...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/Thiswasnottheperfecttimetogoparachu.jpg

Eventually though, through all the tantrums and the betrayals Dennis :p our intrepid team finally hit the home straight, where fearing another death the lot of them screamed "GUN IT CHIEF!" at the same time as Cortana did...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/Finallywemadeit.jpg

And so our intrepid heroes had finally done it, they'd achieved it, NCG however had been tightlipped about much of the mission turns out he had already gotten it...he neglected to mention to AK (thankfully so otherwise the crazy dutchie might not have joined in) that Annual was actually worthless...

THE END.

Madame Adequate
04-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Paul was wise to develop a period.

But grats nonetheless!

Aerith's Knight
04-19-2010, 01:08 AM
The party pressed on hard and fast, AK although his Ghost was severely wounded by the mean treatment it received in the mountain passes kept on pressing forwards recklessly leaving his partners behind. When they eventually caught up with him and had a go at him he said and I quote "Oh if that path doesn't work for you, find another, theres always a path" he kept on insisting that there was even when produced with multiple arguments saying he was wrong...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd286/Lasuria/Halo%20fun%20times/ReallyDennisisthereALWAYSapath.jpg

So tell me AK, is there really always a path? I don't think so :doublecolbert: somewhere in this image is 3 dead specs, those specs are: Me, Goldenboko and NCG, I rest my case on this.

You just have to look really really hard. :D

And I didn't speed ahead. You guys just lagged behind like crazy.

Psychotic
04-19-2010, 01:13 AM
Paul was wise to develop a periodActually it went like this-

:crying2:: waaah psy help me get this achievement I am not very good at halo
:cool:: Well okay humble serf, I suppose I can lend you my aid.
:choc:: Hello I am goldenboko. I, too, am bad at halo.
:crying2:: well now we have 5 people!!! but we can only have FOUR!!! five is too many! oh no now I will never get my achievement!
:cool:: ok laters I will just play Resi 5 instead then.

Quindiana Jones
04-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Don't believe Psys lies. He just pussied out because he hates Gobo.

Psychotic
04-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Hey speaking of being too much of a pussy to play Halo with anyone...

NorthernChaosGod
04-19-2010, 03:04 AM
And so our intrepid heroes had finally done it, they'd achieved it, NCG however had been tightlipped about much of the mission turns out he had already gotten it...he neglected to mention to AK (thankfully so otherwise the crazy dutchie might not have joined in) that Annual was actually worthless...

THE END.
Lol, you guys thought it was needed for Recon or what?

Epic post is epic.

Hey speaking of being too much of a pussy to play Halo with anyone...

Lulz.

Goldenboko
04-19-2010, 03:21 AM
Don't believe Psys lies. He just pussied out because he hates Gobo.

Odd, considering how Psy mentioned how he wanted to have sex with me at least 8 times during all this.

Psychotic
04-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Well, uh, pretty sure that never happened.

Goldenboko
04-19-2010, 03:39 AM
Deny it all you want, but you were all over me. Creep.

NorthernChaosGod
04-19-2010, 05:33 AM
I was there, I heard it.

Psychotic
04-19-2010, 05:38 AM
^^^^^
-heard
+said

NorthernChaosGod
04-19-2010, 05:48 AM
:colbert:

Quindiana Jones
04-19-2010, 06:23 AM
I'm pretty sure, after the Cage incident, NCG will never love you Psy. xD

NorthernChaosGod
04-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Damn straight.

Meat Puppet
04-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Probably my favorite part about Halo 3 is when the little kids plug their microphones in at the end of a Team Doubles match to scream at me for using nub tactics :bou::bou::bou::bou:ali

Psychotic
04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't know why he is angry at me for it when it was mostly Iceglow killing him. :p I was just playing peekaboo and doing sweet Mongoose stunt jumps over the cage. Killing him was just some incidental activity that occasionally distracted me from my true goals.
:bou::bou::bou::bou:ali:)

Iceglow
04-19-2010, 08:21 PM
it's true, I did demolish him in the cage. Still, basically I wanted the Vidmasters just to do the vidmasters, it will however unlock the Recon helmet Dare sports in ODST for use in multiplayer on Halo 3.

Psychotic
04-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Just so everybody is all aware of the procedure, you will be permitted to wear this helmet once (that's ONE time) in combat, and from then onwards you are being caged. Each additional game with the Recon helmet will amount to five additional minutes in the cage.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Iceglow
04-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Or you just quickly change it whenever you play with Paul....

Aerith's Knight
04-19-2010, 11:18 PM
What the hell is a recon helmet?

Meat Puppet
04-19-2010, 11:38 PM
A good helmet to wear if you want to get betrayed a lot >.<

NorthernChaosGod
04-19-2010, 11:40 PM
it's true, I did demolish him in the cage. Still, basically I wanted the Vidmasters just to do the vidmasters, it will however unlock the Recon helmet Dare sports in ODST for use in multiplayer on Halo 3.
He also pushes down old people. And steals candy from babies!

He told me. :colbert:

Just so everybody is all aware of the procedure, you will be permitted to wear this helmet once (that's ONE time) in combat, and from then onwards you are being caged. Each additional game with the Recon helmet will amount to five additional minutes in the cage.

Thank you for your co-operation.
Pft.

Iceglow
04-19-2010, 11:57 PM
He also pushes down old people. And steals candy from babies!

He told me. :colbert:

Damn straight I do! I also eat rednecks for breakfast.

Quindiana Jones
04-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Why would anyone want to wear the helmet anyway? The only good thing about Recon are the shoulders.

Madame Adequate
04-20-2010, 11:49 PM
ODST is the greatest ever and it was all I ever wanted to wear and be.

Quindiana Jones
04-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Halo: Reach (http://thegamerzzone.com/2010/04/22/halo-reach-legendary-edition-detailed-and-vidoc-carnage-carnivale/). Those are the special editions for it. I reckon the journal would be an interesting read.

Psychotic
04-24-2010, 07:27 PM
It is pretty genius of them to add flaming helmets for people who buy the Legendary edition because so many failures will want it for that. And I will personally bag every single smurfer with a flaming helmet I see.

Quindiana Jones
04-24-2010, 07:51 PM
It was nice of them to add it though, because now we know which players are playing whilst wearing their MC helmets.

I also find it funny that they've now made every "Bungie special" item available to everyone. How the hell are they supposed to feel superior on Live now?

Meat Puppet
04-25-2010, 12:29 AM
How is Nathan Fillion going to be special?

Quindiana Jones
04-25-2010, 12:35 AM
I fucking love Nathan Fillion. I don't care that that's off topic. Firefly is freaking brilliant.

NorthernChaosGod
04-25-2010, 02:45 AM
I will so get the Legendary edition, use the flaming helmet, and bag the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of Psy when he tries to kill me.

Aerith's Knight
04-25-2010, 03:21 AM
I so want that journal.

Psychotic
04-25-2010, 03:26 AM
I will so get the Legendary edition, use the flaming helmet, and bag the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of Psy when he tries to kill me.If you can actually kill me in three hours of playtime this time. :smug:

NorthernChaosGod
04-25-2010, 03:45 AM
I will so get the Legendary edition, use the flaming helmet, and bag the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of Psy when he tries to kill me.If you can actually kill me in three hours of playtime this time. :smug:

If you manage to survive in a fair fight. /smug

Psychotic
04-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Well of course I will, my K/D ratio is higher than yours and therefore I am more PRO than you. :aimkiss:

Although having said that, you probably like MLG...

NorthernChaosGod
04-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Bitch, plz. Bring it.

Goldenboko
04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
So like, this is the part were you make out?

Quindiana Jones
04-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Their teabagging is a sign of homoerotic affection.

And it's best that we don't talk about NCGs flaming helmet. :O_O:

Madame Adequate
04-27-2010, 10:18 PM
There's lotion you can get to help with that!

Psychotic
04-28-2010, 12:33 AM
It's called Elite blood, lovely and purple.

Less than a week to go until the Beta! Exciting times. :) I hope the DMR is just as powerful as the BR, or everything I fought and died for has been in vain! Although having said that, as much as I love my baby, the BR was a hideously overpowered weapon for a starter, so I can see why they felt the need to hit it with a nerf bat.

Madame Adequate
04-28-2010, 02:43 AM
The beta begins the same day as my first exam, and I have four exams in eight days.

:cry:

Psychotic
04-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Well, it's better than an imaginary Soul Calibur 2 tournament.

Fonzie
04-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Dumb question here, but when does Reach come out?

NorthernChaosGod
04-28-2010, 06:51 PM
The full game? Like in September, I believe.

Fonzie
04-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Hmm, I'm contemplating if I should rebuy halo 3, but I have a feeling it might be a little on the expensive side with all the maps and ODST DLC.

Ouch!
04-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Hmm, I'm contemplating if I should rebuy halo 3, but I have a feeling it might be a little on the expensive side with all the maps and ODST DLC.
Unless you really want the Halo 3 campaign, you could just get ODST which comes with the Mythic Disc.

NorthernChaosGod
04-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Unless you really want the Halo 3 campaign, you could just get ODST which comes with the all the multiplayer maps.

Fix'd, for clarification.

Psychotic
04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Let's further fix that and say it comes with the actual multiplayer itself too.

Fonzie
04-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Hmm, I need to borrow a copy from a friend or go and buy it then.

Psychotic
04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
See if you can trick a friend into giving it to you for Monday as that's when the Beta for Reach is. You need a copy of ODST to get into it.

Fonzie
04-28-2010, 10:03 PM
I'll get Chocolate Bear to steal a copy from someone and send me it from Mich.

Psychotic
04-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Hahahahha

NorthernChaosGod
04-29-2010, 04:20 AM
Let's further fix that and say it comes with the actual multiplayer itself too.

You sonuva bitch. :colbert:

Psychotic
04-30-2010, 01:09 AM
GUESS WHO GOT AN EARLY BETA CODE AND IS DOWNLOADING REACH RIGHT NOW

(it is me)

Goldenboko
04-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Fuck. You. Even though I'll be getting the Reach Beta Monday, I'll be too busy studying for AP Calc and AP Physics to play it :(

Meat Puppet
04-30-2010, 01:15 AM
paul did you get a killimanjaro on bungie’s farewell to halo 2 day??

Psychotic
04-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Never played Halo 2 in my life.

Meat Puppet
04-30-2010, 01:40 AM
good multiplayer if you’ve perfected the art of nade spamming

Psychotic
04-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Reach seems a lot harder than 3. Although the grenade launcher fucking owns.

NorthernChaosGod
04-30-2010, 05:43 AM
I saw the preview video for the beta, I'm not sure how I feel about the new weapons.

Psychotic
04-30-2010, 05:49 PM
War. War never changes.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/reach_6092_Full.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/reach_6094_Full.jpg

This asshole kept jabbering in French in my ear so I made him my first Reach bagging.

Also I smurfing suck at Reach. I'm going to go from the best EoFF Halo 3 player to the worst Reach player. My precious internet Rome is burning.

Fonzie
04-30-2010, 06:27 PM
ohh how the tides of changed >;D

NorthernChaosGod
04-30-2010, 06:28 PM
I can't wait to bag you then. :D

Aerith's Knight
04-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Wait.. huh?

I thought the beta was on may 4th?

NorthernChaosGod
04-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Apparently they gave early invites to certain people, open beta for everyone else with ODST is on Monday the third, isn't it?

Madame Adequate
04-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Wait.. huh?

I thought the beta was on may 4th?

For mortals. But Paul is too awesome :cool: I almost was, and then it didn't work for me :( Which is why I am not also playing right now. The 3rd is the date for us ODST folks though I am sure server overloads will mean it takes until the 9th to download or something.

Psychotic
05-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah the Beta opens to the public on May 3rd. I'm not just the public, though! :shifty: The bungie.net forums have exploded in nerd rage about all of this. It's hilarious.

Anyway, I think the problem was that they were totally new maps to me, and everyone else had been playing it for a while longer than me. I'm starting to get into it now - soon my K/D will go over 1!

Some thoughts -

Maps
Swordbase is pretty smurfing dire. Honest to god it's such an unintuitive mess. Basically, do not use any loadout other than the jetpack. You will need it.
Powerhouse is decent, though, it gives me a kind of High Ground vibe in terms of visual appearance.

Weapons
Plasma launcher (Imagine a Missile Pod that targets people instead of vehicles, and fires plasma grenades instead!) and Fusion Rifle (it melts their faces) are both smurfing brilliant weapons and great fun.
The DMR, the BR replacement, is as powerful as the BR, however it is a lot harder to use and I think it'll take a while to get used to. Needler Rifle may be a bit easier to use but also fun.

Loadouts
All of them are actually quite handy. I currently favour sprint just because I am too lazy to run. Armour lock is great fun, I love hearing people scream abuse when they think they've killed me and I suddenly do that. And the invis one is interesting. It operates like a radar jammer (which harms both you and them) and it also makes you deaf when you go invisible, meaning you rely on sight alone. The Elites and their roll ability are also cracking fun :D

Other :bou::bou::bou::bou:
The new radar is decent enough. It now shows where people are - above, level with, or below you - which is always useful. Also there's a fair few new medals out there.

The armoury also looks to be a good feature. Every game you win gets you Cr (I assume this stands for credits? It's basically the new exp) and you can buy new helmet/shoulder/chest types with it. Each type of helmet (eg Mark V) also has three different things you can add to that, too, so it should be a unique looking game. Of course, the best :bou::bou::bou::bou: requires you to be a certain rank or cost a lot of Cr.

Aerith's Knight
05-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Is there a social in Reach or do you have to immediately fight against the 12yo that are super serious and have no life?

Psychotic
05-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah, there is. Unfortunately right now Ranked is disabled so you're still fighting the same pricks. Seriously in my first game on there, there were these failures who were screaming about bad team mates even though they were the worst on their team.

Aerith's Knight
05-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Ugh, seriously, those people is why I hate MP.

(unless playing with you guys, of course)

Psychotic
05-01-2010, 03:29 PM
I've learned to mute everyone really.

Also have a screenshot of me stabbing one of those guys in the butt with my knife. :)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/reach_15028_Full.jpg

Quindiana Jones
05-01-2010, 06:08 PM
lol buttstabber

Psychotic
05-01-2010, 06:15 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/reach_15169_Full.jpg

humpstabber if you're an Elite. It just looks damn painful.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/reach_15992_Full.jpg

A combination of my two favourite things - the jetpack and the grenade launcher. :D To be honest, when I first started I thought the jetpack would be something nubs used 'cause it was COOL!!!! but it's actually incredibly fucking useful.

Quindiana Jones
05-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Ouch. These assassinations look savage. Apparently you can still do the usual "Biff, dead" one if you tap the melee button, but you do the cool one if you hold it? C'est vrai? And are you vulnerable to damage during the assassination?

But the jetpack is still COOL!!!!, right? :D

Psychotic
05-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Bizarrely I've tapped it and gotten assassinations. So I don't know what the fuck. But yeah you can be killed while doing it.

Also yeah it's damn cool. :cool:

~*~Celes~*~
05-03-2010, 08:45 AM
So ummm....the guy who owns ODST kind of had to take it back yesterday :(

OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY GUYS ;-;

Iceglow
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Woman do not be sorry just fix it I want to see you going down to Gamestop or Walmart or whereever the hell sells games near you and want to see you with a copy be it pre-owned or new asap!

Psychotic
05-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Haha server is getting pounded.

Madame Adequate
05-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Haha server is getting pounded.

It's a reach to think you're gonna be playing reach :(

Psychotic
05-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Got into 5 games so far today!

Madame Adequate
05-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Got into 5 games so far today!

> 9:25pm
> 5 games

though it's only been up for a few hours of course :p

Momiji
05-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I may play after my final tomorrow. :D

Psychotic
05-03-2010, 09:33 PM
You won't, Justin, because the servers are dead.

And there were only 130,000 people online when they first got fucked (now there's 170,000+ - probably more as the count has stopped updating) so I have to wonder how the hell they'll handle the load for the full game release.

Madame Adequate
05-03-2010, 09:37 PM
As I said to Paul a minute ago, I don't get how Bungie are learning anything new from this. How can they have made some of the most successful online games ever and not have a basic awareness of how to set this up? It's pretty cool to hide behind the label "beta" but I don't remember the last time a beta was a beta and not a demo. I guess if it gets them off the hook though~!