PDA

View Full Version : Gaming distance

Mo-Nercy
03-28-2010, 02:44 PM
How far do you sit from the television when you play console games? I remember from the days of old wired controllers that ideal gaming distance was as far as the controller's cord would allow, but I sure as smurf never did that. In fact, when I play PS2 on my CRT in my room, I'm never more than a metre or so from the screen. It's pretty much the same case when I'm playing PS3 on the big LCD in the living room.

You?

VeloZer0
03-28-2010, 03:11 PM
My head sits 294 cm from the 42" TV when I am playing something in a relaxed manner (aka laying down on my bed) or 244 cm away when playing something more intensive requires me to sit up to focus better. I'm also 81 cm away from my 24" computer monitor atm, if anyone is curious.
All measurements were taken from center of screen to eyes.

How big is this LCD that you are only a meter away from? I still feel quite close to my TV and I'm three times that distance.

Rad Bromance
03-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I have a 37 inch LCD and I sit probably about five to six feet away from it. Sitting any closer to it, most games...show all their graphical flaws. :p

Rantz
03-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah, probably somewhere around 3 metres away for me too, on a 32" TV. Sitting closer would probably just wear on my eyes.

Meat Puppet
03-28-2010, 03:44 PM
My TV is literally only a bit bigger than the span of my hand, so if I sit anywhere further away than a couple of feet, I need binoculars to tell what the fuck is going on

Mo-Nercy
03-28-2010, 04:12 PM
How big is this LCD that you are only a meter away from? I still feel quite close to my TV and I'm three times that distance.
It's 37". It's an approximate distance, but generally, I pull up the armchair so that I can put my feet up on the TV unit. And there's close to thirty centrimetres or so between the edge of the unit and the TV itself. So it's probably a tad more than a metre.

It's very close. But I like to put my feet up. xD

Pheesh
03-28-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm usually around 2 metres away, because then I can put the foot rest up on my armchair. ^^

Vermachtnis
03-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Just like three to four feet. I just have 19" set on top of my dresser.

NorthernChaosGod
03-28-2010, 09:46 PM
I'd say about five feet or so. That's about where I put my chair compared to the TV.

JKTrix
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm about 6 feet away from my TV. I know this because the cord for my arcade stick is only 6 feet long and when I play with it I have to take my game system off the shelf so the cord's not suspended in the middle of the air.

Iceglow
03-29-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm really bad for myself, I sit really up close, thankfully my TV is still quite small (23" according to the model number, however I would bet it's actually a 22") so I don't feel like I have to crane my head back, when I eventually get a big tv (40" or bigger) I guess I will sit further back from it.

Jiro
03-30-2010, 06:02 AM
I'd say about two metres. Can't get much further than that, my room's only three metres wide.