PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Legend II Seven Sword

Silace
03-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah, i know, not a Final Fantasy. Anyway, i recently finished this, i would reccomend it to anyone whos interested in a rpg on a gameboy.

Anyway i spent the time to get the Seven Sword, on a GBA, haha. Few hours thrown away. My only conundrum with it is i cant hit the Arsenal with it. Dishing out 5 hits on a normal enemy. My mutant uses it but isnt extracting any damage with it. Shes only got 8 more Agility than my human when theyre both fully equipped.

So i take it you need high agility as well as strength to bring this sword to its full potential. I just wanna have a little fun with this sword before i move onto FFLIII. Saving up agility status points is going to be annoying with the shaking screen, but i guess id do it a bit. I take it the best option would be fitting my power house with a catclaw and running through the final area.

Any suggestions?

Del Murder
05-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Blast from the past! I remember this game, and this sword. Leveling up in this game is a bitch though, since it uses the FFII system. Fitting yourself with a catclaw is probably the best way to go, unless you can still use the garbage can trick. Go to your inventory and use the garbage can as an item. It will boost a character's agility and you can use it like 100 times. I did that to boost a couple characters to 99 in no time.

theundeadhero
05-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I have played through this game dozens of times and never knew about the garbage can trick. I've been lucky enough to find the 7 sword only once. I never took the time to actually hunt it down.

Del Murder
05-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Well, it's kind of a glitch. After you do it your Magi counter goes up to 99. Then after you get another Magi the counter goes to 0. So it's best to use it at a point late in the game where you won't need to unlock any more worlds with Magi (I think either Apollo's world or the world before it works) or else you will get stuck. Happened to my brother once. I never got stuck because I always used it in one of the later areas (the world with the giant cave I think).

theundeadhero
05-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Would be possible to do the trick 90 out of the 100 times and then use it just before you need magi to go to a new world?

Crossblades
05-14-2010, 04:27 PM
What memories! I remember playing through this game in the 6th grade. I never knew about the seven sword trick though. I'm hoping the remade DS version would come here in the states, but at this point, it seems unlikely since it's been released in Japan for quite some time now =(

Roogle
05-14-2010, 08:35 PM
I am glad that Square Enix is remaking older titles in this series. I would love to see a remake of Final Fantasy Legend III!

Zeromus_X
05-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Heck, I'd like to see a DS remake of Final Fantasy Legend I, I have a soft spot for that game. They should remake the whole trilogy.

Del Murder
05-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Hell yeah they should. These were the first RPGs I ever played!

Would be possible to do the trick 90 out of the 100 times and then use it just before you need magi to go to a new world?
I think it glitches your magi after you use it even once, but I can't be sure. It's been a while.

theundeadhero
05-22-2010, 04:28 AM
Well, the idea being since it glitches your magi to 99 after use you save enough uses so that you can use it before opening each magi specific door. You can raise your Agility stat pretty high at the start of the game and then use the glitch to advance the storyline when magi is needed with the bonus of another +1 Agi.