PDA

View Full Version : Vs The World

Depression Moon
03-29-2010, 01:26 AM
YouTube - Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtKAfoIllbo)

A new entry in the now popular comic-book to movie adaptations.

NorthernChaosGod
03-29-2010, 02:50 AM
It looks like it could be interesting, but Michael Cera sucks. He's gone from playing the same character every single time to near the opposite, but somehow still awkward.

Moon Rabbits
03-29-2010, 03:47 AM
I didn't know this was being made into movies. The comics were decent.

Michael Cera being in it kind of ruins the whole thing forever beyond repair no matter what though, so ...

Captain Maxx Power
03-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Scott Pilgrim is a series that tries way, way too hard to be "in" by having numerous cultural references to gaming and geek life. Personally I've always found it patronising and insincere, and this trailer is no different.

charliepanayi
03-29-2010, 07:36 PM
I am worried that Scott Pilgrim won't really work as a live action film, but I love the comic and so still feel absurdly giddy watching the trailer. Screw the moaning about Michael Cera, if Edgar Wright thinks he's best for the title role I trust his judgment. Basically, I can't wait for this.

And 'patronising and insincere'? Rubbish. The geek jokes in Scott Pilgrim are great. And it has Kim Pine in.

NorthernChaosGod
03-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Scott Pilgrim is a series that tries way, way too hard to be "in" by having numerous cultural references to gaming and geek life. Personally I've always found it patronising and insincere, and this trailer is no different.

It can't be worse than Juno, can it?

charliepanayi
03-30-2010, 10:11 AM

It can't be worse than Juno, can it?

Juno was good.

NorthernChaosGod
03-30-2010, 07:55 PM
No it wasn't. :mad2:

Depression Moon
03-30-2010, 08:31 PM
The KO Street Fighter sound effect had me laughing.

Momiji
03-30-2010, 08:42 PM
No it wasn't. :mad2:

It was so. :|