PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Designs of Summons/Monsters

Forsaken Lover
03-29-2010, 05:03 AM
Basically, list which individual designs from any of the games you think are the best for that particular recurring summon or monster.

Example:

FFX Behemoth is pure awesome.
YouTube - Final Fantasy X - Monster Arena: Catoblepas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAt1kaQr_RE)

In regards to summons, I think FFX had my favorite design for Bahamut. He had such a domineering and regal appearance and posture.

No.78
04-02-2010, 06:06 PM
FFX had the best Shiva, hands down!!!

I love the Carbuncle of FFIX, it's very 80s?

And Ramuh was a pimp in FFXI.

Depression Moon
04-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I call for X Shiva too.

Skyblade
04-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Shiva's best incarnation was in FFVIII.

Chris
04-03-2010, 12:50 AM
I have to say that I prefer the Shiva in X, too. But my favorite Summon is Ixion.

http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/finalfantasyx_conceptart_TsUn0.jpg

qwertysaur
04-03-2010, 12:57 AM
I too like X Shiva :zombie:

Mo-Nercy
04-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm liking the XIII Shiva sisters, but I second, third, fourth, whatever everyone in saying X Shiva is fantastic.

Alexander in IX was smurfing awesome too.

Karifean
04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
I actually like FFXIII's Odin, even though I truly hate the fact, that his horse Sleipnir has only four legs instead of the good old six :mad2:

And I also prefer X's Shiva over the others.

arcanedude34
04-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I didn't like Shiva's drads in X =O VIII was much better I thought

Vermachtnis
04-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I actually like FFXIII's Odin, even though I truly hate the fact, that his horse Sleipnir has only four legs instead of the good old six :mad2:

Technically Sleipnir is suppose to have eight. But than again Shiva is male, Final Fantasy just doesn't care :p

Depression Moon
04-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm liking the XIII Shiva sisters, but I second, third, fourth, whatever everyone in saying X Shiva is fantastic.

Alexander in IX was smurfing awesome too.

Oh yeah, forgot him and IX's Bahamut was the best design to me.

Skyblade
04-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah, FFIX's Alexander was just awesome.

qwertysaur
04-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Yojimbo also looks quite awesome :zombie:

arcanedude34
04-04-2010, 01:24 PM
But than again Shiva is male
Actually, closer to hermaphrodite, but the point remains

Jiro
04-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I think I like VIII's Odin the best. Probably because I saw his damn face so many times except when I wanted to.

Mo-Nercy
04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I think I like VIII's Odin the best. Probably because I saw his damn face so many times except when I wanted to.
"Thanks for killing that Geezard for me, Odin!"

Forsaken Lover
04-04-2010, 10:38 PM
In minor trivia news, I recently learned Shiva is actually supposed to be Siva, a Slovak goddess.

So no penis.

No.78
04-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Regardless of that, the summons are only based on their namesakes. Ifrit isn't a race of djinn, he is one being. Similarly, Carbuncle isn't a giant gem or boil.

Forsaken Lover
04-04-2010, 10:41 PM
True enough. Though, that reminds me. ix Ixion supposed to be from somewhere?

No.78
04-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Ixion was a bloke who got trapped in a wheel of fire for eternity in Greek Mythology, iirc. That's probably way off, but you get my drift. I don't think it was related to electric horses, lol. Seems kinda random, square!

Depression Moon
04-05-2010, 12:06 AM
X and XII had the best monster designs

Sephiroth
04-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Final Fantasy VIII has the coolest Design of Bahamut and Odin. The Final Fantasy VII-1 version of Bahamut is cool as well. So the Final Fantasy VI Bahamut.
Final Fantasy X has the coolest Shiva.
For Ifrit I cannot decide between Final Fantasy VII (the Crisis Core Ifrit remake version) or Final Fantasy VIII.
Ramuh in Final Fantasy IX.
Leviathan in Final Fantasy VII and VIII.
Alexander in Final Fantasy IX.
Carbuncle in Final Fantasy VIII.
Phoenix in Final Fantasy VII-1/Crisis Core.

PuPu
04-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Ark in FFIX.

Yay Transformers.

Skyblade
04-06-2010, 11:34 PM
"Thanks for killing that Geezard for me, Odin!"

I found it most annoying when you finally get a creature you want to Mug to steal there goodies, and he finally pops up and kills it before you get the chance.

Gilgamesh never gave you that problem in VIII, he never appeared after the fight with Seifer.

Rad Bromance
04-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Gilgamesh never gave you that problem in VIII, he never appeared after the fight with Seifer.
What? He always showed up for me, more even than Odin, so much in fact that he started appearing when I didn't want to instant death enemies.

Of course 30% of the time he ended up using "Excalipoor". :roll2

Mo-Nercy
04-08-2010, 04:52 AM
Ixion was a bloke who got trapped in a wheel of fire for eternity in Greek Mythology, iirc. That's probably way off, but you get my drift. I don't think it was related to electric horses, lol. Seems kinda random, square!

Before Zeus condemned him to an eternity of being trapped in a wheel of fire, he was zapped by thunderbolt. That's about as close as it gets though, I think. xD

What? He always showed up for me, more even than Odin, so much in fact that he started appearing when I didn't want to instant death enemies.

I do remember reading somewhere that Gilgamesh has a higher chance of appearing. And can also appear mid-battle, not just at the beginning like Odin. I'm not sure if this was my experience of it though because I usually steer clear of frequent enemy encounters in FF8 anyway.

black orb
04-11-2010, 10:45 PM
>>> FF9 Bahamut and FF10 Anima..:luca:

Skyblade
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM

I do remember reading somewhere that Gilgamesh has a higher chance of appearing. And can also appear mid-battle, not just at the beginning like Odin. I'm not sure if this was my experience of it though because I usually steer clear of frequent enemy encounters in FF8 anyway.

-----------
5.3.1 Odin
-----------

At the start of non-boss battle, there is a 33/256 or 12.9% chance that Odin
will appear and use Zantetsuken to kill every enemy not immune to it.

----------------
5.3.3 Gilgamesh
----------------

At the start of battle, there is a 9/256 or 3.5% chance that Gilgamesh will
appear.

After Dead Time timer is 0 (see Battle Timing section):
If (12 >= [0..255]) Gilgamesh will appear (13/256 or 5.1%)
else perform Angelo checks (see Rinoa's Limit Break section)

If Gilgamesh will appear, either at the start of through the Dead Time check:

Gilgamesh will use..
Excaliber with a probability of 65/256 or 25.4%
Excalipoor with a probability of 64/256 or 25%
Masamune with a probability of 64/256 or 25%
Zantetsuken with a probability of 63/256 or 24.6%

Excaliber and Masamune use the normal GF damage formula to inflict damage.
Excalipoor ignores Spr of the target and does 1 damage.
Zantetsuken kills every enemy not immune to it.

Note: Gilgamesh can only be summoned once per battle.

So, what that means is, Gilgamesh has 3.5% chance to show up at the start of a battle, and a 5.1% chance to show up every 13.5 seconds(approximately) that nothing else was going on in the battle. Like the ATB gauge, that 13.5 second timer is paused during attacks. Most battles don't last that long.

Versus Odin's 12.9% chance to just pop up at the beginning and kill stuff.

No.78
04-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I love most of the monster designs in FFXI.

Goobbues ftw. <3