PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Wifi Matches/Tournaments?

Sephiroth
03-29-2010, 10:49 PM
READ THE RULES

Cetra - 1/0
Ultima - 1/0
Rebellious Eagle - 1/0
Qwertysaur - 1/0
The Summoner of Leviathan - 1/0
Momiji - 0/1
Friend - 0/1
No. 78 - 0/1
Vermachtnis - 0/1
Yue Kitsune - 0/1

Round 1:

Sephiroth VS Momiji - 1:0
Qwertysaur VS Friend of Sephiroth (he will post his friend code soon) - 1:0
Ultima Shadow VS No. 78 - 1:0
Rebellious Eagle VS Vermachtnis - 1:0
Yue Kitsune VS The Summoner of Leviathan - 0:1

Round 2 (June 19th 2010 - June 27th 2010):

Ultima VS The Summoner of Leviathan
Rebellious Eagle VS Qwertysaur
Sephiroth VS No. 78
Yue Kitsune VS Momiji
Vermachtnis VS Friend

I thought I should start a new pokémon thread because my questions about who wants to battle me or who wants to start a tournament with me aren't read in the other thread. So I want to ask you if there's the possibility to do some EyesonFF pokémon tournament? With rules of course. And with pokémon prizes. The winner gets some special LV 1 pokémon with a special character and a special move, et cetera...and so on.

So, what do you think?

Pokémon Wifi Friend Codes:

Sephiroth - SoulSilver: Cecelia - 253660467378
No. 78 - Pearl: 3522-9527-0619
Vermachtnis - HeartGold: Brandon - 1978 2341 8967
Momiji - SoulSilver: Justin - 0560 8972 3608
Ultima Shadow - Pearl: 4210 - 1983 - 7406
Rebellious Eagle - SoulSilver: Steph - 4297-5709-0459
Yue Kitsune - SoulSilver: Bail - 0346 2214 7151
Friend of Sephiroth - Platinum: Fabian - 236490174412
qwertysaur - Diamond: 3351 1023 5267
The Summoner of Leviathan - Aurus (Pokemon Platinum): 2407 6426 9114

EyesonFF Pokémon Tournament

- Sephiroth
- Momiji
- Ultima Shadow
- Vermachtnis
- No. 78
- Rebellious Eagle
- The Summoner of Leviathan
- Yue Kitsune
- Friend of Sephiroth
- qwertysaur

Banned Pokémon:

Mewtwo
Mew
Wobuffet
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Garchomp as long as you use Tyranitar or Hippowdon
Darkrai
Manaphy
Phione
Shaymin Sky Forme
Arceus

Here are the rules - use the battle camera, so we can check it; follow the rules to get no match loss:

For some information about your pokémon this website can be quite helpful:

Serebii.net [http://www.serebii.net] (http://www.serebii.net)

Rules of the Ancients:

- No hacked pokémon (no one will use a shiny Charizard in a master ball - notice you can see the ball before the pokémon appears and if you are not sure which attacks can be learned by a pokémon because of a level up, HMs, TMs, Breeding and Move Tutors use the recommended website)
- No pre-evolutions
- A pokémon cannot be used twice in one and the same team
- Sleep Clause (only one pokémon of each team may be in Sleep status, so no two at the same time, no three, et cetera - special effects which cause sleep do not count)
- Item Clause (no item can be used twice)
- "Soul Dew" is forbidden
- Selfdestruct attacks or Destiny Bond are not allowed in case it is your last pokémon
- It is not allowed to interrupt the wifi connection while in battle
- Level Warp is used

I hope you will give me some prizes for the tournament. The first three pokémon will be sponsored by the Great Sephiroth.

Rank I. a non-legendary pokémon at Level 1 with a characteristic the winner of the tournament chooses and the moves he wants it to have (of course it must be able to learn the moves)
Original Trainer: Cecelia

Rank II. Dratini at Level 1
Characteristics: Adamant, Naughty, Brave or Lonely - whoever is rank II can decide
Special Moves: Extreme Speed
Poké Power: Shed Skin

Rank III. Dratini at Level 1
Characteristics: Naughty
Special Moves: Extreme Speed
Poké Power: Shed Skin

Rank IV. Aron at Level 1
Characteristics: Adamant, Naughty, Brave or Lonely - whoever is rank III can decide
Special Moves: Head Smash
Poké Power: Rock Head

The rest of you gets Riolus with an attack nature and the two Moves Earthquake and Swords Dance and Eevees with Curse or a Tyrogue with Bullet Punch and Hi Jump Kick.

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 11:44 PM
I can offer a mystery egg as a prize. I have it in my PC and I forgot what it is. :jess:

Skyblade
03-30-2010, 06:13 AM
I'm not big on link battles. I have little practice, and I prefer favorite teams over competitive battle teams. But I do have a whole host of Pokemon with special moves acquired from Collosseum and XD, if I could ever get my WiFi working properly.

Sephiroth
03-30-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm not big on link battles.

This is just for fun. I am a bad player, too. Qwerty will tell you.

Well, I can breed all breedable pokémon since I have 484. So I could breed special attack pokémon as well. And I could go to the Move Tutor in Soul Silver as well.

Not that I would have let you participate after all your sarcasm and mocking just because I follow the rules of "owners decide" and you do not so you even say stuff like "but don't let Sephiroth read this or he will say ..." in a very sarcastic and unjustified overconfident way.

Momiji
03-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I've got a bunch of lv.1 Porygon and Feebas (with Mirror Coat and Ice Beam). :p

But yeah, once I get around to doing some competitive training, I'm so in.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Feebas (with Mirror Coat and Ice Beam). :p

And this is why I love you. :D

EDIT: Totally down for it, but I am only at Whitney in HeartGold (got distracted). So yeah. Not into competitive but willing to fight anyone~

But I have a decent team in Platinum. :D

Sephiroth
03-30-2010, 09:38 PM
And this is why I love you. :D

EDIT: Totally down for it, but I am only at Whitney in HeartGold (got distracted). So yeah. Not into competitive but willing to fight anyone~

But I have a decent team in Platinum. :D

That does not matter. Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver.

And of course we use the Level Warp so there is no necessity in training the pokémon - in case you don't care for EVs.

Vermachtnis
03-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm up for it, I don't EV train though.

Momiji
03-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Just for the record, I don't play Ubers. That tier just doesn't interest me at all.

I generally use a combination of OU and UU. :x

Sephiroth
03-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Just for the record, I don't play Ubers. That tier just doesn't interest me at all.

I generally use a combination of OU and UU. :x

No one will play Legendaries when we start a tournament. That's one of the rules. Imagine we all would just use legendary pokémon - what a boring tournament. Maybe one in every team but no more. And some pokémon should be forbidden. I will add the rules when we are enough people to make a tournament.

qwertysaur
03-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Battle Frontier/Tower rules for entry. Meaning any pokemon that are hacked, all legendary pokemon not part of a Trio (Birds, Dogs, Golems, and Lake) or Lati@s, and Wobbeffet with Leftovers are all banned.

Also no Soul Dew on Lati@s, that's very mean.

Momiji
03-31-2010, 12:34 AM
B-but Jirachi and Celebi aren't Uber :(

As far as legendaries go, their stats are actually pretty low, but very well distributed. :x Mew is Uber mainly because it can learn every TM. Not sure why Manaphy is though. All other 100 base event legendaries otherwise are simply OU. >_> (Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin (not Sky Forme)).

(I use Smogon tier rules :x)

Tiers @ Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/)
List of Ubers (http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber)

Depression Moon
03-31-2010, 01:25 AM
Man, this makes me miss Pokemon so bad and when are we getting that Pokemon MMO?

Vermachtnis
03-31-2010, 02:41 AM
Feebas (with Mirror Coat and Ice Beam). :p

I can has a cheese fish, please? I don't really have a lot to offer, but I try to scrounge up something.

Momiji
03-31-2010, 03:02 AM
Not like I need anything (though a Stealth Rock TM would be cool) :P I have a rather large stock of Feebas, so it's really not a big deal.

qwertysaur
03-31-2010, 03:12 AM
Pay him in strawberries :p

Also I have Mew if anyone wants the data for their pokedex. :p

Fonzie
03-31-2010, 03:37 AM
I have an Arceus if anyone needs that for data. Also, once I get in the 50 lvl range I might start battling people I guess.

For future reference how about none of us tell each other our pokemon so that we can leave it up to chance.

Momiji
03-31-2010, 03:46 AM
When I had your Arceus, it wasn't recognized the the Johto Pokedex. Will it show up once I get the full Pokedex?

Fonzie
03-31-2010, 03:51 AM
When I had your Arceus, it wasn't recognized the the Johto Pokedex. Will it show up once I get the full Pokedex?

Not with that attitude it won't. :3

Skyblade
03-31-2010, 07:45 AM

Yes, it will. Pokemon acquired outside the Johto Pokedex will be saved and registered in the National Pokedex once you get it. This prevents trade issues with other Gen 4 games, and it prevents issues with the few Pokemon obtainible in-game that aren't part of the Johto'dex that are still obtainable before you get the National'dex.

BTW, if you got Arceus, take it with you to the Ruins of Alph with it as the first Pokemon on your list. Head for the little science hut.

Sephiroth
03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
I have an Arceus if anyone needs that for data. Also, once I get in the 50 lvl range I might start battling people I guess.

I would need it for my Pokédex. Then I only need 6 to complete it.

Did you get it in a shop Level 100 or whatever or with the Azure Flute?

Also as long as you do not have the National Pokédex, Pokémon which are not included have number "???". But you will automatically get the National Pokédex once you have finished the Elite Four because Professor Oak will give it to you before you go on board of the S. S. Aqua.

Fonzie
03-31-2010, 01:53 PM
BTW, if you got Arceus, take it with you to the Ruins of Alph with it as the first Pokemon on your list. Head for the little science hut.

Hehe. /smug

Ultima Shadow
03-31-2010, 02:31 PM

As far as legendaries go, their stats are actually pretty low, but very well distributed. :x Mew is Uber mainly because it can learn every TM. Not sure why Manaphy is though. All other 100 base event legendaries otherwise are simply OU. >_> (Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin (not Sky Forme)).

Garchomp is now an Uber? =O NOOOOO!!! =(

Oh well, I'm totally in, whatever the rules as long as the real Ubers are banned. *cough* Yeah, I refuse to admit Garchomp as a "real Uber". =P

Still, even if we do play with Garchomp banned, I'm totally in. I'll just have to find a replacement, which shouldn't be too hard.

ljkkjlcm9
03-31-2010, 05:23 PM

Oh well, I'm totally in, whatever the rules as long as the real Ubers are banned. *cough* Yeah, I refuse to admit Garchomp as a "real Uber". =P

Still, even if we do play with Garchomp banned, I'm totally in. I'll just have to find a replacement, which shouldn't be too hard.

I also had a garchomp.... though they are ranked like 14 in terms of overall stats.

Well I'll drop that pokemon, and I will need to find 2 pokemon to round out my team.
I literally just started Heart Gold, but I like to plan my team ahead of time.

Edit: Finally decided on my team. One was my favorite in the Red/Blue, so I kept it. Another I loved in Gold/Silver. Another is just plain perfect for me. One other I just thought looked cool and fit into my team well. The last 2 are there just to round out my team.

THE JACKAL

qwertysaur
03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
My team is currently has 9 pokemon. So I'll be switching them around :D

Sephiroth
03-31-2010, 07:14 PM

Garchomp is just an uber in case you have it in your team with Tyranitar or the Hippo because they have the instant Sandstorm poké power.

I could use too much pokémon for my online matches. It is difficult to decide which one I will use in a battle.

Ultima Shadow
03-31-2010, 07:30 PM

Garchomp is just an uber in case you have it in your team with Tyranitar or the Hippo because they have the instant Sandstorm poké power.

I could use too much pokémon for my online matches. It is difficult to decide which one I will use in a battle.

In other words: if I don't use Hippo or Tyranitar, then Garchomp is fine? =D

Sephiroth
03-31-2010, 07:34 PM
In other words: if I don't use Hippo or Tyranitar, then Garchomp is fine? =D

Indeed. It doesn't even matter if Garchomp itself uses Sandstorm. It is a regular attack. And even if you would use Gojira or the Happy Hippo together with Garchomp there is no one in this forum who would care. There are still moves which have a 100 % hit rate.

Momiji
03-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Not to mention, frankly, a well-placed Calm Mind'd Ice Beam will pretty much take it out. I guess it's fine if we make an exception.

If that's the case, can we make an exception for Manaphy? The only reason it's Uber is because it's pretty tough when paired with Kyogre.

Sephiroth
03-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Not to mention, frankly, a well-placed Calm Mind'd Ice Beam will pretty much take it out.

Indeed. Garchomp, Dragonite and Tyranitar are pure destroyers. But they are as weak as they are strong. Everyone who plays online uses attacks like Hidden Power - Ice, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Close Combat, et cetera.

Skyblade
03-31-2010, 10:04 PM
I thought Garchomp's primary reason for being banned to Ubers is having the stats of a Pseudo-legendary coupled with perfectly balanced STABs. The Dragon/Earth combo is resisted by only 2 Pokemon that I can think of (Skarmory and Bronzong [pre-evolution doesn't count]), and Garchomp has a huge attack stat, decent speed, and the 150% boost for same type to both of those moves. Even without the extra evasion from Sand Veil, he is just too powerful for standard.

Sephiroth
03-31-2010, 10:06 PM
I thought Garchomp's primary reason for being banned to Ubers is having the stats of a Pseudo-legendary coupled with perfectly balanced STABs. The Dragon/Earth combo is resisted by only 2 Pokemon that I can think of (Skarmory and Bronzong [pre-evolution doesn't count]), and Garchomp has a huge attack stat, decent speed, and the 150% boost for same type to both of those moves. Even without the extra evasion from Sand Veil, he is just too powerful for standard.

Of course he is extremely powerful but the poké power is the main reason.

Ultima Shadow
03-31-2010, 11:30 PM
If people would like Garchomp to be banned in the tournament, I'm personally totally fine with that though. I do have more usable pokemons than a full party, so I shouldn't have too much trouble picking a replacement. :greenie:

If/when it's been decided that we'll actually have a tournament, it might be a good idea to post the rules (once they have been decided) in the first post.

No.78
04-04-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm up for any matches on Pearl version. I don't use legends or starters, not really a tier thing just a personal preference.

Add me on msn if you fancy a battle, I'm tougher than I look. ;)

roake78@hotmail.com

My Lickilicky will DESTROYYYYY.

Sephiroth
04-04-2010, 10:47 PM
So then post your Friend Code. I will edit it to the first post. Of course everyone who wants to tell me his/her friend code as well can do this.

No.78
04-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Right but arranging battles is hard without some kind of instant messenger, it's not like the game tells you if people come online unless you're in the lobby. I'll shush.

Okay Pearl friend code is: 3522-9527-0619

MSN me if you want to battle, though. I'm playing through Soul Silver at the moment.

I have PBR as well, but I cba to plug in my Wii. xD

Sephiroth
04-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I would like to do the first Eyes on Final Fantasy Pokémon Online Tournament with some of you in May.

So just post here in case you want to be part of it. I will edit the rules in the first post and I will post the prize list soon.

Momiji
04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Ah! I'll get back to training, then. I've been playing more on Shoddy Battle than anything lately, testing different builds and such. I've got some good ideas of what I want in my party now. :D

Sephiroth
04-15-2010, 08:59 PM
So I can count you in?

Momiji
04-15-2010, 09:05 PM
I plan on it. I'll let you know if I can't though.

Ultima Shadow
04-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Well, I'm totally in.

ljkkjlcm9
04-16-2010, 05:19 PM
I would be, but for some reason I can't get my DSI to connect to my router. It's because I have WPA encryption, but I'll figure it out in due time, hopefully. I'll post if I get in straightened out, otherwise I cannot participate.

THE JACKEL

Vermachtnis
04-16-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm in.
1978 2341 8967 - Brandon (Heart Gold)

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 05:53 PM
I would be, but for some reason I can't get my DSI to connect to my router. It's because I have WPA encryption, but I'll figure it out in due time, hopefully. I'll post if I get in straightened out, otherwise I cannot participate.

THE JACKAL

That's too bad.

I hope you can tell me soon.

@Undead@Shambling: Please post your friend code information and the edition you use.

Momiji
04-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Oh, right.

0560 8972 3608 is my friend code.

Also, are we fully decided on what rules we're playing on? Y'know, like no Ubers, Sleep Clause, and so on.

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Thank you.

I will edit the rules in the first post when we are enough people for the tournament.

Which edition of pokémon do you use? P, D, Pt, HG or SS?

EDIT: I have posted some rules now.

Momiji
04-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Oh, I play SS. I didn't know version mattered :P

Also, why item clause? That one seems a bit over-restrictive.

Also, if Garchomp is allowed as long as Tyranitar or Hippowdon aren't in play, Manaphy would seem fair enough to allow as long as Kyogre isn't in play. :p

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 07:04 PM

It doesn't really matter for the tournament itself. But it is interesting.

Take a look at the first post. There are some new informations.

EDIT: The item clause rule is fair. I don't want 187342940923 leftover(-like) items in one team or 6 quick claws or whatever. Especially Life Orbs. And I allow legendaries like Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin grass forme, et cetera and most of the three-legendary-teams. This should be enough.

04-16-2010, 07:08 PM
May 29th? I won't be able to participate. Gonna be at an anime convention!

Momiji
04-16-2010, 07:10 PM

It doesn't really matter for the tournament itself. But it is interesting.

Take a look at the first post. There are some new informations.

EDIT: The item clause rule is fair. I don't want 187342940923 leftover(-like) items in one team or 6 quick claws or whatever. Especially Life Orbs. And I allow legendaries like Celebi, Jirachi, shaymin grass forme, et cetera and most of the three-legendary-teams. This should be enough.

I'm not saying you can't use your rules, I'm just saying they seem a little unnecessary.

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 07:11 PM
May 29th? I won't be able to participate. Gonna be at an anime convention!

It is just the first round. There will be more rounds of course.

But in case you don't have time we will make it May, 28th.

04-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks, but I will still be gone. It is a whole weekend and I will be in a car and plus probably an amusement park afterwards, so I'll sit this one out~

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm not saying you can't use your rules, I'm just saying they seem a little unnecessary.

EDIT: Okay, Summoner - we will make it the Saturday before.

@Mo'Meninges:

I have fought many pokémon trainers online and I have watched many online battles and of course I have read some information about other online tournaments. That's why I have decided it. Plus there are some common rules I do not use because I don't want to forbid everything but these rules should be acceptable.

Otherwise:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4369/dissidiafinalfantasy020k.jpg

Evastio
04-16-2010, 08:22 PM
I'll hopefully be able to participate in this.

I could even help provide some "Event" Prize Pokemon like these:

Aggron with Rock Head and Flare Blitz, Wood Hammer, Volt Tackle, and Head Smash
Blissey with Transform
Slaking with Skill Swap
Self-Destructing Wobuffet
Flying Dugtrio

But if you aren't into cheated Pokemon, I'll also be able to provide legit Pokemon with good in-game movesets.

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 08:24 PM
I'll hopefully be able to participate in this.

I could even help provide some "Event" Prize Pokemon like these:

Aggron with Rock Head and Flare Blitz, Wood Hammer, Volt Tackle, and Head Smash
Blissey with Transform
Slaking with Skill Swap
Self-Destructing Wobuffet
Flying Dugtrio

But if you aren't into cheated Pokemon, I'll also be able to provide legit Pokemon with good in-game movesets.

Please no cheat pokémon. And it should be breedable Level 1 pokémon.

Vermachtnis
04-16-2010, 08:41 PM
xD A flying Dugtrio. I once had a Snorlax use Fly from Metronome, it the most WTF-iest moment ever.

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 08:44 PM
xD A flying Dugtrio. I once had a Snorlax use Fly from Metronome, it the most WTF-iest moment ever.

In one of the old editions I've had a Level 100 Caterpie with Hyper Beam, Fire Blast, Fly and Recover.

Cheating is boring.

Evastio
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Please no cheat pokémon. And it should be breedable Level 1 pokémon.
Ehh... Fair enough.

In that case, I can get eggs like Trapinch with Earthquake, Togepi with Fire Blast (hopefully with Serene Grace), Croagunk with Earthquake, Cranidos with Rock Slide and Earthquake, etc.

Awesome. :D

Which game was it? It would be awesome if it was one of the 3D ones so you could actually see it in the air.

Which reminds me, I once had Togetic transform into a Natu with Metronome in Pokemon Silver for the GBC. It was really strange since it was a yellow Natu from Togetic's yellow coloured GBC sprite.

Ultima Shadow
04-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Using Pearl.

F-Code: 4210 - 1983 - 7406

Vermachtnis
04-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Awesome. :D

Which game was it? It would be awesome if it was one of the 3D ones so you could actually see it in the air.

Which reminds me, I once had Togetic transform into a Natu with Metronome in Pokemon Silver for the GBC. It was really strange since it was a yellow Natu from Togetic's yellow coloured GBC sprite.

It was in Pearl. Metronome is like one of the coolest moves ever xD

ljkkjlcm9
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Metronome is like one of the coolest moves ever xD

Which is why I've always wanted to have a metronome only match! Just to goof around. 6 pokemon all with metronome vs 6 pokemon all with metronome... who will come out on top?!?!

THE JACKEL

Sephiroth
04-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Metronome is like one of the coolest moves ever xD

Which is why I've always wanted to have a metronome only match! Just to goof around. 6 pokemon all with metronome vs 6 pokemon all with metronome... who will come out on top?!?!

THE JACKAL

Probably Mew.

Back to topic please.

Are there some prize sponsors or am I the only one?

No.78
04-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm up for it! Will be using Pearl, like it matterz. Mainly because I haven't got a proper team on SS yet. :P

I got no legends or ubaz so I think I'm safe there, and I'll sort out the hold items if there are restrictions.

Sephiroth
04-17-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm up for it! Will be using Pearl, like it matterz. Mainly because I haven't got a proper team on SS yet. :P

I got no legends or ubaz so I think I'm safe there, and I'll sort out the hold items if there are restrictions.

The rules, et cetera are in the first post. I think it is helpful to read them.

I will edit that you are using Pearl if I haven't written it in the first post.

EDIT: Alrighty then.

No.78
04-17-2010, 06:42 PM
I
Here are the rules - use the battle camera, so we can check it; follow the rules to get no match loss:

Wtf is a battle camera?

- No pre-evolutions

What, why not? I'm not going to, but if someone wants to take that risk you should let them, surely?

- Item Clause (no item can be used twice)

lol Sitrus Berry here we come!

- Selfdestruct attacks are not allowed in case it is your last pokémon

Wtf? My Lickilicky has Explosion does that mean I can't use her? That's unbelievably dumb. =\

- It is not allowed to interrupt the wifi connection while in battle

If your net cuts that's nobody's fault...

I hope you will give me some prizes for the tournament. The first three pokémon will be sponsored by the Great Sephiroth.

I could offer a legend if you want. I have a fair few duplicates. Or perhaps a Shadow Pokemon from XD?

Rank I. a non-legendary pokémon at Level 1 with a characteristic the winner of the tournament chooses and the moves he wants it to have (of course it must be able to learn the moves)

Wow, nifty prize!! :D Please don't hack for this, though.

Sephiroth
04-17-2010, 06:58 PM

You should be disqualified immediately for thinking I am a hacker and calling the standard rules used in most tournaments "dumb". Of course I don't.

A battle camera is a key item used in Pokémon Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. In case the two who are fighting don't have the editions it is not possible to use it, of course.

Pre-Evolutions are simply not allowed. Common rule in many tournaments and I do not know why anyone would like to use a pre-evolution instead of the highest level except it has a changed poké power.

Like I have explained the Rule of Selfdestruction, you can use these sort of moves but not if it is your last pokémon.

"If your nets cut it is nobody's fault..." - Hah! Says you. What if someone who is about to loose the battle disconnects? Shall I allow that over and over again? Just accept this rule. In case a battle camera is used and the video is uploaded on youtube or whatever I can take a look at the battle and then I can decide if it is fair to let them do a new match instead of the last one or if the disconnector looses this round. It is just one round and doesn't mean he will be the last one in the ranking list so it should not be a problem. And in case a connection problem exists the player usually knows it before the battle so he can tell his opponent "Please wait...maybe we can do the battle later.".

Please no legendary pokémon for prize. It should be good normal pokémon at level 1.

Momiji
04-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Wait, are you saying we have to upload this on YouTube and everything?

You're making this more trouble than it's worth if you are.

Sephiroth
04-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Wait, are you saying we have to upload this on YouTube and everything?

You're making this more trouble than it's worth if you are.

I think I have by far more trouble with fighting the battle tower over and over again and breeding than people who can use a wifi usb connector to upload it. All the other people aren't even able to upload their videos.

There is no necessity in uploading it. But I don't want to read a "He has disconnected the battle, this spoony bard!" then.

EDIT: You don't need to upload it on youtube. There is some online battle place in the wifi connection where you can upload your videos and I can search and watch them.

Ultima Shadow
04-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Common rule in many tournaments and I do not know why anyone would like to use a pre-evolution instead of the highest level
Because it's just soooo much more badass to actually beat someone with a weaker pokemon? =D

...or just for the lulz? =D

Note: you can change my name in the list to "Ultima Shadow", as I will most likely be changing my name back before this tournament starts.

Sephiroth
04-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Because it's just soooo much more badass to actually beat someone with a weaker pokemon? =D

I will allow it if you use 6 Magikarps.

Ultima Shadow
04-18-2010, 12:51 AM

I will allow it if you use 6 Magikarps.
=(

...how about Rattata's?

Sephiroth
04-18-2010, 12:55 AM
=(

...how about Rattata's?

Maybe for a cookie.

Ultima Shadow
04-18-2010, 01:25 AM
*throws Sephiroth a cookie*

There you go. Now, Ratata and Magikarp are both perfectly legal. =D

Sephiroth
04-18-2010, 01:27 AM
*throws Sephiroth a cookie*

There you go. Now, Ratata and Magikarp are both perfectly legal. =D

Na, na, na! "Not so fast, L'Cie!"

You have said "Rattata". I didn't know you want the two of them.

Momiji
04-18-2010, 03:32 AM
Note: you can change my name in the list to "Ultima Shadow", as I will most likely be changing my name back before this tournament starts.

Yeah I'm sure the zombie names will be gone soon. My normal name here is Momiji, and my name in-game is Justin, though I'm sure you're aware since we've battled before.

Rebellious Eagle
04-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Sounds like a good time. I'll sign up.
Rebellious Eagle (Steph, SoulSilver): 4297-5709-0459
I also have Platinum but I don't like my team on there as much.

Sephiroth
04-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Sounds like a good time. I'll sign up.
Rebellious Eagle (Steph, SoulSilver): 4297-5709-0459
I also have Platinum but I don't like my team on there as much.

I have 486 of 493 pokémon. I will give you 6 as present if you want.

EDIT: Ah, okay. You have SoulSilver as well. But I can still send you some pokémon.

Ultima Shadow
04-18-2010, 10:31 PM
If anyone wants to join, put doesn't have a whole 100 team and enough time/patience to get a full team, I can provide one or two "pretty good" level 100 pokemons.

I've had a few cases where I trained one with decent/good EV's (or whatever it's called again), only to get one with really good/great later on.

So I have a few level 100 who are well-trained and have decent/good EV's that I'm willing to give away if someone really needs them.

If I remember correctly, it's a Skarmory, a Gyarados and a... uh... at least one more that I really can't remember at the moment.

Sephiroth
04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
If anyone wants to join, put doesn't have a whole 100 team and enough time/patience to get a full team, I can provide one or two "pretty good" level 100 pokemons.

I've had a few cases where I trained one with decent/good EV's (or whatever it's called again), only to get one with really good/great later on.

So I have a few level 100 who are well-trained and have decent/good EV's that I'm willing to give away if someone really needs them.

If I remember correctly, it's a Skarmory, a Gyarados and a... uh... at least one more that I really can't remember at the moment.

There is no necessity in training your Pokémon 99 levels.

We always use the Level Warp option so all of our Pokémon have the same level.

That's fair and so no one needs to train his/her Pokémon completely.

Sephiroth
04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Double Post because it is necessary.

We need some for people for the tournament.

Is it possible there aren't enough people who can do online battles? We would need at least 10 people. I have one more so if there are for other people who want to join us just post it here.

Momiji
04-22-2010, 07:34 PM
We could use Shoddy Battle instead, but that takes most of the fun out of it.

04-22-2010, 07:36 PM
I'll join, just need to get my friend code...x-x;

Vermachtnis
04-22-2010, 07:37 PM
I have a couple of friends interested, but they're busy with exams right now. But they'll be done before the tournament gets started.

Sephiroth
04-22-2010, 09:06 PM
We could use Shoddy Battle instead, but that takes most of the fun out of it.

Normal online battles will be fine.

@Summoner: Ah, I am glad to see you again. Please post your friend code as soon as possible.

@Vermachtnis: It would be great if there are some people who want to show us their experience as Pokémon Trainer.

Yue Kitsune
04-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Yo, i'm in. I'm at college right now and don't have access to wfc so i don't have a friend code yet for Soul Silver, but i'll be done with this semester in a week and a half or so, so i'll post it then.

Just so i'm clear on the rule about Garchomp, it's banned from our team if we use Tyranitar or Hippowdon, right. Does that meen that Hippowdon is banned if we use Tyranitar, or vise-versa?

Sephiroth
04-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Just so i'm clear on the rule about Garchomp, it's banned from our team if we use Tyranitar or Hippowdon, right. Does that meen that Hippowdon is banned if we use Tyranitar, or vise-versa?

No it doesn't.

Both of them have the ability "Sandstorm". Only Garchomp uses "Sand Veil", so only "Garchomp + Tyranitar" or "Garchomp + Hippowdon" and of course "Garchomp + Tyranitar + Hippowdon" is not allowed.

Momiji
04-24-2010, 03:59 PM
If you want something with Sand Veil though, you can use Gliscor, Dugtrio, Cacturne, or Sandslash, however. :D

Sephiroth
04-24-2010, 06:36 PM
If you want something with Sand Veil though, you can use Gliscor, Dugtrio, Cacturne, or Sandslash, however. :D

Indeed but they are not comparable to a monster like Garchomp.

Momiji
04-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Of course they aren't but still :p

Cacturne can be pretty evil with Sand Veil, Brightpowder, Subtitute + Leech Seed and Focus Punch or Sucker Punch, though. It has a pretty good attack and special attack stat, after all.

Sephiroth
04-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Its attack and special attack won't help it to much. It cannot even learn a 100 % hit attack like Earthquake and it is slow while one Earthquake can be enough to beat it - probably. Substitute could be useless if you don't have one round left to use it.

Momiji
04-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Not against a fucking Garchomp maybe, but I think it is still decent enough to manage on its own.

Sephiroth
04-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Not against a smurfing Garchomp maybe, but I think it is still decent enough to manage on its own.

We can try in case we have to battle each other.

Momiji
04-24-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm making one in Shoddy right now to test :P

Ultima Shadow
04-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Well, all I say is:

Focus Sash Magikarp with Flail ftw.

Edit: Whoa, wait, what... Magikarp can learn a new move called Bounce in the new games? That's awesomeness beyond words!

Gotta get one of the new pokemon games now, so I can teach my mighty, fearsome King Karp this move. I'll ditch Focus Sash/Flail for freaking Choice Band Bounch! =O

Sephiroth
04-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, all I say is:

Focus Sash Magikarp with Flail ftw.

Edit: Whoa, wait, what... Magikarp can learn a new move called Bounce in the new games? That's awesomeness beyond words!

Gotta get one of the new pokemon games now, so I can teach my mighty, fearsome King Karp this move. I'll ditch Focus Sash/Flail for freaking Choice Band Bounch! =O

I swear, use a Magikarp when you fight me and I will destroy this planet with more than just a Meteor.

No, don't worry. Use your Magikarp if you want to use it.

Ultima Shadow
04-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I swear, use a Magikarp when you fight me and I will destroy this planet with more than just a Meteor.

No, don't worry. Use your Magikarp if you want to use it.
Even though I actually do have a Magikarp with good EV's/nature and such, I doubt I will use him in the tournament.

Even at 1 HP, his Flail won't hurt enough to be worth it. =(

...unless, of course, I somehow manage to Baton Pass a 6x Attack boost to him. =O

...once I get HG/SS though, there WILL be King Karp! And there will be CB-bounching! =D

Sephiroth
04-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Just send me your Magikarp now. I will learn it Bounce.

Ultima Shadow
04-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Just send me your Magikarp now. I will learn it Bounce.
Awesome. We can play a test-match/random casual too while we're at it. Just gotta find some time to do it.

Sephiroth
04-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Just tell me when you are ready.

Ultima Shadow
04-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Ahhh, thanks Sephy! King Karp couldn't have been happier.

Now, I'm gonna go solo the Final Four and Cynthia with him! Mwahahaha!!! =D

Sephiroth
04-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Never mind.

Ultima Shadow
04-26-2010, 01:40 AM
First guy (Bugs) was easy, since Bounch is super-effective against everything except Drapion (purple scorpion-thingy). My Magikarp, with Choice Band, OKO everything up to Drapion, which was a 2-HKO after using one X-Attack item (yes, items are being used, or else it would be impossible. Seriously).

Second guy (Earth) was tougher, as the first pokemon couldn't even be 2-HKOed without attack-boost, and liked to use Double Team a lot after using Sand Storm... making it a pain to hit with bounch, which not only takes 2 turns but also has less than 100% accuracy already.

So I ditched CB for Life Orb and let my Magikarp stay at the same HP I finished the first guy at (a little above 60 HP or so because of the hits taken from Drapion). I used X-Attack item, the opposing pokemon used Sand Storm. My HP goes down a little bit (to around 50). I use yet another X-Attack, he uses Double Team, my hp goes down to 35-40. I use Flail, hits and OHKO's, HP goes down to around 20, then to a single digit after Sand Storm (8, I think it was). Against next pokemon, I fully restore, boost up stats while the opponent keeps using Sucker Punch which fails, then takes out the rest of the team with Bounch.

The third guy (Fire) wasn't too bad. I switched Life Orb for the Sharp Beak item just because I couldn't think of anything better. Powered up some against first opponent, then took out everything up to Steelix, which was a bit of a pain since everything was ineffective. I kept powering up until Attack was maxed, got him down to half with Tackle, then finished with a Bounch. Final pokemon was some normal-type that went down easy.

Fourth guy (Psych) was a pain. After realizing that Mr. Mime's Thunderbolt actually could OHKO my awesome Magikarp, I swapped the item to good old Focus Sash. Mr' Mime starts with that Barrier-thing that halves Special Attack damage, while I start with X-Attack. Next tuern, I use X-Attack again and Mr. Mime uses Thunderbolt, leaving me at 1 HP. From there on, I OHKO the whole team with Flail... up to the final pokemon aka Bronzong. I fully heal, then start a tedious stat-boosting/healing spamming. When I've finally got my attack high enough, I start to Bounch, eventually taking Bronzong out with a critical.

Now, only Cynthia's left. Only she stands in the way of King Karp's eternal reign of terror and fishyness!!!

NeoCracker
04-26-2010, 02:03 AM
...You are one crazy jew bastard Shads. :love:

Sephiroth
04-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Maybe we can do a match soon. Then you can use Magikarp against me.

Ultima Shadow
04-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Fwahahaha! Even Cynthia has now fallen! For this battle, I used the hold-item Leftovers.

Spiritomb was the biggest problem by far. He had the potential to 2HKO with 2xDark Pulse, or Dark Pulse + Psychic and if he used Embargo (can no longer use items) on me, it'd basically mean instant Game Over.

The only move that would even work was obviously Bounch, like with all ghost types. And Bounch would only 2HKO after one Attack boost.

Eventually, Spiritomb used Silver Wind when I used my X-Attack, then I used Bounch, dissapearing from the screen and making him miss with an Embargo. After first hit, he uses Dark Pulse, and I go down to less than half, but at that point he's also at less than half and I finish him with a second bounch.

Roserade went down to a single Bounch since it was super effective.

Gastrodon become my first set-up target, and I started with healing, Ether to restore PP, and a few defense boosts. After 4 Attack boosts in, though, a critical hit with Rock Edge sent me down to exactly 1 HP. After another full restore, I went for a Bounch and OHKOed with it.

Against Lucario, I also just OHKOed with a bounch. Since he's both fighting and steel type, it'd do normal damage.

Milotic became the second (and a slightly less risky) set-up target. I maxed out attack, and then OHKO Bounched.

Then came the final showdown: Garchomp vs Magikarp. Even a maxed out Bounch wouldn't OHKO Garchomp, but thanks to a full restore before proceeding from Milotic and the few defense boosts, I survived his Earthquake. Then, a second Bounch finished Garchomp off.

GLORIOUS VICTORY TO KING KARP!!!

...You are one crazy jew bastard Shads. :love:
;)

Maybe we can do a match soon. Then you can use Magikarp against me.Yeah. I just need to figure out the rest of my party. I mean... after accomplishing this grand feat, it would be an insult towards King Karp to not base the whole team around him somehow.:greenie:

Momiji
04-26-2010, 04:27 PM
A Baton Pass team would work lovely for King Karp.

Anyway, that's fucking insane, man. You deserve a medal or something for that.

Sephiroth
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Yeah. I just need to figure out the rest of my party. I mean... after accomplishing this grand feat, it would be an insult towards King Karp to not base the whole team around him somehow.:greenie:

Just use the team you want. I will beat Magikarp and eat it as Fish Mac.

No.78
04-30-2010, 01:57 PM

You should be disqualified immediately for thinking I am a hacker and calling the standard rules used in most tournaments "dumb". Of course I don't.

The internet is full of hackers, how would I know? :P

Please be nice to me. :(

Ultima Shadow
04-30-2010, 02:03 PM

Your reasoning was perfectly understandable and you obviously won't be disqualified for simply assuming a possibility.

Seph: don't scare away people over small matters when we still need more participants to run the tournament. :p

Also, I've been a bit busy last couple of days and will be busy today as well, but might have time to play casual match tomorrow. Maybe.

Sephiroth
04-30-2010, 07:19 PM

That was nothing but a joke of mine.

And Ultima Shadow, no it was no understandable, because now everyone here should know me good enough to know I am a Freak who does everything without cheating.

Ultima Shadow
05-01-2010, 01:59 AM
And Ultima Shadow, no it was no understandable, because now everyone here should know me good enough to know I am a Freak who does everything without cheating.
Well, everyone can't be expected to keep track on everyone. :p I've been around for years, but still don't know too much about some people who have also been around for years.

But anyway, what matters is: No.78, you are perfectly welcome to join the tourney. :p

Yue Kitsune
05-03-2010, 04:29 AM
so i finaly got around to getting my friend code, it's:

0346 2214 7151

my toon's name is Bail

Yue Kitsune
05-03-2010, 06:26 AM
forgot to mention, i'll be using Soul Silver

Sephiroth
05-03-2010, 07:10 PM
We still need at least another member since one of my friends will use some Pokémon of mine and be part of the tournament as well. And Summoner of Leviathan, I need your Friend Code.

Sephiroth
05-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Double Post:

Normally I wouldn't say something but we still need another person to take part in the Tournament, so please ask someone who plays Pokémon. And if there is no one who wants to give other prizes than I do then only the first three places will get something. I definitely won't breed more than three Pokémon, especially because the first prize is very good.

Ultima Shadow
05-08-2010, 12:42 PM
I suppose I can give the 4th and 5th placers something like a Feebas... or Tyranitar's first evolution, whatever its name was again.

...and they can be equiped with Leftovers or Choice Bands or Choice Scarfs, as I have more than enough of those.

Sephiroth
05-08-2010, 12:44 PM
That would be great. Maybe qwertysaur can be our 10th competitor.

Ultima Shadow
05-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Ah, finally! Baton Pass succeeded and King Karp stands victorious! The legendary dog fled in fear before the mighty Karp!

Sephiroth
05-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes and your Metagross just explodes to defeat yourself.;)

Ultima Shadow
05-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Yes and your Metagross just explodes to defeat yourself.;)
Heck yeah, that was one epic moment as well. Or should I say "epic failure". xD

I managed to kill 2 of my own pokemon without defeating a single of yours, with just 1 move. That's quite an achievement as well.

Sephiroth
05-08-2010, 10:12 PM
You should mention you haven't even hit mine because they've used "Fly" to avoid your move.

Ultima Shadow
05-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Yeah. Just didn't want to mass-reveal you were using that move, just in case. But now that I think about it, that's one move that doesn't really matter if you let your opponent know that you have it or not.

...unless you play team against an exploding Metagross that is. xD

Still, the most epic epicness is the fact that the almighty King Karp has finally proven just what a massive threat a simple Magikarp can pose! Finishing off a dragon, killing a foe by just showing up and starring at it (Sandstorm did the job *cough*) and finally, trough the ultimate Baton Pass, strike massive fear in his helpless foe!!! =O

Sephiroth
05-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Well during our first battle you have seen a pokémon which is strong enough with its moves to defeat every pokémon you use - not 6 at once probably but it can beat all of them because of the moves - so that's more of a pokémon and moves we should keep as a secret.

EDIT: Yeah, keep on showing off, human! My Tyranitar has eaten your pathetic little Fish with a yummy Crunch attack.

Next time you will know the true power of the ancients and JENOVA fused to become myself!

Ultima Shadow
05-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Well during our first battle you have seen a pokémon which is strong enough with its moves to defeat every pokémon you use - not 6 at once probably but it can beat all of them because of the moves - so that's more of a pokémon and moves we should keep as a secret.
You got my word. My word of silence, whatever sense that may make.

...oh, and in return don't reveal my "vermin". =P

EDIT: Yeah, keep on showing off, human! My Tyranitar has eaten your pathetic little Fish with a yummy Crunch attack.

Next time you will know the true power of the ancients and JENOVA fused to become myself!
Well, it is just a Magikarp after all. And whenever a Magikarp manages to accomplish feats like these, you gotta take the opportunity to show off. :p

No matter how many times King Karp is eaten, his body shall regenerate and he shall rise again. For he is immortal, and the god of Karps!

Sephiroth
05-08-2010, 10:29 PM

No, I won't reveal your Caterpie with Hyper Beam, Fire Blast, Fly and Restore.

Ultima Shadow
05-08-2010, 10:34 PM

No, I won't reveal your Caterpie with Hyper Beam, Fire Blast, Fly and Restore.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!!!!!!!!!

Sephiroth
05-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Victory itself is nothingness.

You should thank me, I have given you a Pokémon which you can't get in Pearl, Diamond and Platinum like you got it from me. With Magikarp it actually are two Pokémon.

Well, it is just a Magikarp after all. And whenever a Magikarp manages to accomplish feats like these, you gotta take the opportunity to show off.

No matter how many times King Karp is eaten, his body shall regenerate and he shall rise again. For he is immortal, and the god of Karps!

Enjoy the illusionary world I have created for you. Omae wa...ningyou da. Ah, ha, ha, ha.

Yue Kitsune
05-14-2010, 04:46 AM
wow, threads gone kinda silent.

anyway, as far as prize help goes, i can give an Eevee with Curse. at the moment i can't garentee a nature, but tell me a few that would be good and i'll do my best to have them by tourney time. I also might be able to provide a tyrouge with High-jump Kick, and Bullet Punch. let me know which of the two you'd rather have, and suggestions for the natures of both; and i'll see about having both in time, but no promises.

Speaking of tourney time, you might want to put what day we are starting, and maybe start checking that friend codes work and everyone can connect to each other; just a suggestion.

Sephiroth
05-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Eevee with Curse? Then it should probably have a (special) defense nature and Tyrogue should be Adamant. I can help you with the natures.

I really hope you guys don't forget the tournament.

Yue Kitsune
05-14-2010, 10:17 PM
alrighty then, the Eevee will have a Calm, Gentle, Sassy, or Careful nature. I'll try and get one of each so the person can choose, i'll let you know when it's ready

Sephiroth
05-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Please don't forget the tournament starts soon, my precious Pokémon Trainers all over the world.

Momiji
05-15-2010, 10:13 PM
I have got a lot of training to do and no drive to do it at the moment. I won't be playing at my desired potential, but I'll improvise :p

Yue Kitsune
05-16-2010, 12:40 AM
what day and time does it start? if i remember it's the 25th, but i want to make sure

Sephiroth
05-16-2010, 01:32 PM
It is not the 25, it is the 22nd and I don't know who has deleted this in my start post but I bet it is the same one who has deleted my "EyesonFF Pokémon Tournament" head line.

And I cannot tell you when because we don't live in the same country so you have to talk to your opponent when you want to fight each other. I give you the whole weekend for the first battle so it should be possible to arrange plus I will post who is whose opponent Friday evening.

Yue Kitsune
05-17-2010, 04:38 AM
alright, cool. guess i had better figure out who i'm using XD

Ultima Shadow
05-17-2010, 12:11 PM
I suppose we'll have a 1 week time-limit to get out matches over with, once it starts?

Sephiroth
05-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I thought the weekend would be enough but if you want a time limit of one week then you get one week.

Ultima Shadow
05-18-2010, 08:35 PM
I believe the weekend will be enough for me, though I don't know about everyone else.

If people get a whole week, they won't have to feel rushed if they have parts of the weekend booked up, so a week might be better for that reason.

Sephiroth
05-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Of course it would be helpful if the people who haven't answered for a while would answer.

Ultima Shadow
05-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, maybe we should send a PM to the people participating and remind them.

05-20-2010, 06:37 PM
So yeah, sorry for totally disappearing. I was just avoiding turning on my DS and it was buried under stuff. Gomen ne~

So Pal Code:

Aurus (Pokemon Platinum): 2407 6426 9114

Not using HeartGold since my team is not fully evolved yet. :D

Sephiroth
05-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Round 1:

Sephiroth VS Momiji
Qwertysaur VS Friend of Sephiroth (he will post his friend code soon)
Ultima Shadow VS No. 78
Rebellious Eagle VS Vermachtnis
Yue Kitsune VS The Summoner of Leviathan

Dead Line: May 29th 2010

Ultima Shadow
05-22-2010, 12:33 PM
^-> You should update the first post in the thread and put the matchups there as well.

Also, maybe a mod can sticky this? And perhaps change the title to "Pokémon Tournament - First Round" etc.

Sephiroth
05-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I will edit it. Just don't forget to record the battle and upload it in via GTS upload option (those who have Pearl, Heart Gold or Soul Silver).

Then please post the video number here so I can watch them and everyone else who has one of the three editions of course as well.

Yue Kitsune
05-23-2010, 12:57 AM
hey, i've got the Eevee with curse, and Tyrouge with bullet punch and hi jump kick, but i havn't gotten an adamant nature with tyrouge, and i think i'm missing 1 or 2 of the special def. natures for Eevee. i'm still working on them but if you want i can give you one of each just in case i don't get the right natures for whatever reason. let me know

also, to Leviathin: i left you a message about when i'm free to battle, but incase you miss it; the earlyest i can do is sunday the 23 at 9pm eastern time, any day or time after that is good also so let me know when's good for you.

Sephiroth
05-23-2010, 01:10 AM
Send me those pokémon and I will breed them with my Dittos.

Ultima Shadow
05-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Alright, reporting my win.

Battle code= 85-99789-69467

Sephiroth
05-23-2010, 09:26 PM
It needs to be uploaded in the GTS so I can see it. I hope one of you did.

EDIT: That was quite entertaining.

Yue Kitsune
05-24-2010, 06:25 PM
8pm eastern time work for trading you those pokemon Sephiroth?

Sephiroth
05-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Sorry, I didn't have time and I don't know when it is 8 Pm where you live because I don't think you live where I am, don't you?

EDIT:

Oh and does anyone have a Razor Claw item and a Hidden Power TM? I would need those items for my new pokémon.

Ultima Shadow
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
If you can buy Razor Claws in Pearl's Battle Tower, then I can get you one of those. I've still got 375 BP left.

Yue Kitsune
05-24-2010, 11:06 PM
umm, that's 8pm today, lol. and i live in Virginia, so eastern standard time

Sephiroth
05-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Yes, but I do live in Germany, so it is definitely not 8 PM where I live.

But you are online now - so we can trade now.

Ultima, you can buy Razor Claws there. It would be great if you would give me one of those.

Yue Kitsune
05-25-2010, 12:33 AM
lol, yeah Virginia to Germany is a bit of a time difference XD

let me finish of the elite 4 and we can trade

Yue Kitsune
05-25-2010, 01:03 AM
alright, whenever you're ready Sephiroth, i'll stay loged in till i go to bed so no rush

Sephiroth
05-25-2010, 01:04 AM
I am ready. Let's dance.

Yue Kitsune
05-25-2010, 01:10 AM
wi-fi, or WTS?

Sephiroth
05-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Global Trade Station is not a good idea.

You know where to find my Friend Code, I already have yours in my Adress Book and am in the Wifi Room.

Yue Kitsune
05-25-2010, 01:18 AM
alright then

me and Leviathan should have our battle around 9 so one of us will have the video for that later tonight hopefully

Sephiroth
05-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Noticed.

05-25-2010, 02:50 AM
Yue Kitsune vs The Summoner of Leviathan.
Winner: The Summoner of Leviathan (a bit of luck at the end did me good)
Video: 78-50402-55351

Yue Kitsune
05-25-2010, 02:53 AM
I lost :'(

But o'well it was fun, the video number is 72-95417-26663

out of curiosity, do you wanna have a loser bracket? we don't need prizes or anything, and it can wait till after we finish with the main tourney. Just throwin' it out there; anyway, if anyone want's to battl just message me.

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Well, that certainly do sound like fair deal. And it could easily be running at the same time as the winner bracket. Sephy would just have to divide the matchups like this:

Winner bracket:

*** vs ***
*** vs ***

Loser bracket:

*** vs ***
*** vs ***

...etc, etc.

Also, I'd be willing to offer the winner of the loser bracket any 2 items that you can buy in Pearl's Battle Tower as a reward.:greenie:

Sephiroth
05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
That's close to how this tournament works. But being in the loser bracket doesn't mean you automatically get a lower ranking. It depends on how good your opponents were as well, so with Tie Breaker points.

Ultima Shadow
05-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh, right! Do you still need that Razor Claw Sephy?

I decided to try to break my old record at the Battle Tower, and am currently at a 112 win-streak, so my BP has jumped up to 498. If anyone else really needs something that can be aquired at Pearl's Battle Tower, just let me know. I have lots of BP to spend.

Random: My brother just got SS, so now I'll have free access to the HG/SS tutors without having to bother random people. Yarrr!

Sephiroth
05-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Well, some random guy doesn't need a Razor Claw of you anymore.

Ultima Shadow
05-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Alright then.

And nooooooo, I had some bad luck and it all ended at 118. =(

Sephiroth
05-26-2010, 08:04 PM
I am no random guy. Notice that.

Ultima Shadow
05-26-2010, 08:38 PM
I am no random guy. Notice that.You take all I'm saying too literary. Just relax. :p

Also, I actually bothered a guy at another forum to get one move for me, so you're not the only one, which is why I said "people". =P

Sephiroth
05-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Never mind, Ultima Shadow.

Cetra VS Momiji

Video No.: 74-88678-57837

Momiji
05-27-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't think I did too bad for being unprepared. :p

Still lost, though. Good game xD

Sephiroth
05-29-2010, 08:04 PM
I am very disappointed.

Two teams haven't even done their match. Guys first you want to take part in the tournament and then you can't even play one match in one week?

Sephiroth
05-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Okay, since I have talked to Rebellious Eagle and Vermachtnis again I will give them another week to play with each other. Sorry for those who already did their matches. Next time no one gets some extra time.

But it seems qwertysaur doesn't have the time to play - and that's a pitty.

Sephiroth
06-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Today is the last day of Round 1!

Sephiroth
06-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Qwertysaur VS Fabian

Qwertysaur won.

Ultima Shadow
06-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Ah, nice. Then we're finally ready to proceed? =D

Sephiroth
06-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Wait a sec.

I need Eagle's video.

Rebellious Eagle
06-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Okay, I just beat Vermachtnis, so now we can continue, whoohoo~
edit: Okay, I have it, just let me send it to you.

Sephiroth
06-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Congratulations.

Send it? You just need to upload it in the GTS. There is some machine or whatever to upload it. I just need the video number.

Rebellious Eagle
06-05-2010, 09:49 PM
The video number is 40-65423-95445.

Sephiroth
06-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Very good.

Sephiroth
06-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Errm...Eagle - Pre-Evolutions are not allowed.

But I have seen some mistakes in the first round. It is okay.

Rebellious Eagle
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM
It was an accident. I forgot to switch my Lickitung HM Slave out for my Hypno. x.x

Sephiroth
06-05-2010, 11:23 PM
It is okay. Never mind.

Ultima Shadow
06-06-2010, 12:30 AM
The no Pre-Evolutions rule honestly seem kina unnecessary anyway. I really can't see how using a pre-evolution could be favourable, so it's the least important rule by far.:greenie:

06-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Round 2: Ultima Shadow vs The Summoner of Leviathan
Winner: Ultima Shadow
Video: 47-20618-83612

I got pwn'd.

Great battle though~

Ultima Shadow
06-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Gyarados is my fav pokemon for a reason. xD

Good battle. If you ever want a rematch, just let me know.

Sephiroth
06-11-2010, 06:45 PM
What's that? The second round hasn't even started.

By the way - I have all 493 now so probably rank I will get a Celebi or something like that.

We will see.

Yue Kitsune
06-11-2010, 07:40 PM
o well, considering the extra week we had to wait for round 1, probly better to have anyone who can get it over with early go ahead and do it

Ultima Shadow
06-11-2010, 11:03 PM
What's that? The second round hasn't even started.

Eh? Then why post the matchups for the second round in the first post? =O

Oh well, we getting our match over with already shouldn't really be a problem, unless TSoL really would have wanted to use the extra week to train some new pokemon for his team or something, in which case we can rematch.

06-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Nah, I doubt I will be able to touch my DS for a while. Busy working~

Sephiroth
06-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Round 2 starts now and is over next Saturday.

Vermachtnis
06-19-2010, 11:05 PM
So how do I get in contact with my opponent?

Sephiroth
06-20-2010, 11:30 AM
So how do I get in contact with my opponent?

I will tell him to be online next Friday.

Shananiganeer
06-21-2010, 10:56 PM
The no Pre-Evolutions rule honestly seem kina unnecessary anyway. I really can't see how using a pre-evolution could be favourable, so it's the least important rule by far.:greenie:

If only that were true. Not only are there competitively useful pre-evolutions, but some outperform their fully evolved counterparts (Porygon2 for example, though it's defensive while Porygon-Z is offensive). Back on point, that rule is uber bad, and really hurts TR teams. Easiest fix is changing Species Clause to block pre-evolutions of the same species. If none of this makes sense, then go lurk on smogon for a while.

Now that that rant is out of my system, I joined eoff a bit too late to get in on this, so I'll be giving a pokemon (of their choice) to the winner. I've got access to all 493 (read in my PC, but bad IV/EVs), so if you want something I don't have* I can breed it flawlessly for you with whatever Platinum egg moves you want (RNG for HG/SS is too annoying without an emulator).

EDIT:*Meaning most likely shiny with flawless IVs, a matching nature, and moveset.

Ultima Shadow
06-22-2010, 01:51 AM
If only that were true. Not only are there competitively useful pre-evolutions, but some outperform their fully evolved counterparts (Porygon2 for example, though it's defensive while Porygon-Z is offensive). Back on point, that rule is uber bad, and really hurts TR teams. Easiest fix is changing Species Clause to block pre-evolutions of the same species. If none of this makes sense, then go lurk on smogon for a while.
Well, yeah, that's true. There are some pre-evos who simply have "different stats" rather than "worse stats" than their full evos, thus favouring different sets and such, like Porygon2/ Porygon-Z etc. But what I really meant was more like: no pre-evolution is far superior or more powerful than any of the legal full evos, basically. None of the pre-evos are uber material or anything close to that.:greenie:

Oh, and if you wanna battle despite not being in the tourney, just send me a PM whenever we're both online. (though right now, I gotta log off for the time being).

Sephiroth
06-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Round 2 is till Sunday. There are some unexpected complications.

Sephiroth
06-27-2010, 11:20 AM
If only half of the people bothers about what happens with the tournament then I will end it now. I really don't understand why people say they want to be part of it and then can't even play one match in one week, don't even read the tournament thread or don't even read their PMs or E-Mails during a whole week.

Ultima Shadow
06-27-2010, 11:31 AM
This is really a shame, but oh well. =/

Sephiroth
06-27-2010, 12:03 PM
It is nothing I want to do but I don't see any reason to beg longer "Oh please don't forget the tournament.".

Those who did care about the tournament get a prize but those who didn't even write something won't get anything.

Yue Kitsune
06-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Not really meening to criticize after the fact or anything, but it did drag out longer than it should have. If you ever decide to have another, i'd say have it over one weekend; give a few months notice so people can clear their calenders and all that, and have a few "moderators" to reveiw the videos and just have a round every few hours or so.

But anyway, I had fun, thanx for holding it. Thanx to this i've used some guys i probably wouldn't have used

Better luck next time

Sephiroth
06-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Not really meening to criticize after the fact or anything, but it did drag out longer than it should have. If you ever decide to have another, i'd say have it over one weekend; give a few months notice so people can clear their calenders and all that, and have a few "moderators" to reveiw the videos and just have a round every few hours or so.

But anyway, I had fun, thanx for holding it. Thanx to this i've used some guys i probably wouldn't have used

Better luck next time

That's a joke, isn't it?

It is not my fault. If people have time to read posts here in this forum during one week they have the time to read a "Round X has started." post. It doesn't have anything to do with me and how long the tournament lasts. I was the one to hatch all the prizes and to waste my time to get the battle points for the first prize plus I was the one who wrote over and over again in Mails "Please don't forget the tournament.".

I know you wrote you don't want to criticize me but you do and that's unfair and nothing else.

..., but again you decided what the prizes would be, so complaining about spending time getting them (even if it was for our sake) seems a bit unfair.

That is a nonsensical conclusion. Just because I do something for you that does not there is no effort behind it to be respected. Even with me gettng the stuff easy enough.

Yue Kitsune
07-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Wow, way to jump to conclusions. I'm sorry you took it that way, i simply meant that by having it over an extended period there was a really good chance that other things in life might take us away from the tournament.

Just using me as an example, I was working, and then had a family reunion to go to, even if i had time during the reunion to play a few rounds of pokemon, i didn't have a connection to get online so there wasn't much i could do about it. That's why i mentioned just having it over one weekend, with a few months notice if you ever do it again.

Again, sorry you mistook my meening, but as far as hatching the prizes go i spent some good time breeding to get two of those prizes, your the one that said you could get the desired natures quickly and asked me to hand over what i had so you could get them faster. I'm not sure what you spent the BP on, but again you decided what the prizes would be, so complaining about spending time getting them (even if it was for our sake) seems a bit unfair.

I wasn't criticizeing you, i was just saying. I know you're annoyed that something you spent so much time into fell apart, but that happens. I hope it doesn't disuade you from trying again, because if i had had the time i would have continued to participate. I appreciate you holding the tournament, and again if you ever want to try again, i'd be more than willing to play.