PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Mystic Quest RULEZ!!!

Croyles
03-31-2010, 12:29 AM
Well ok no it does not, but the music was actually pretty awesome.
But it wasnt too shabby.

It was my first ever Final Fantasy, without realising it until like 3 years ago.

YouTube - Best VGM 582 - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Boss Battle Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2vEakoOIdU&feature=related)

Did you like it? Hate it? What were your experiences when you played it back in the day?

ANGRYWOLF
03-31-2010, 01:50 AM
it lacked something......sophistication I would guess.

It seemed amateurish in certain respects.It was a very long time ago that I played it so I can't be more specific than that.:D

NeoCracker
03-31-2010, 02:08 AM
Nonstop ballz to the wallz action that game.

qwertysaur
03-31-2010, 02:11 AM
It definitely has a unique charm :p

crono_logical
03-31-2010, 02:13 AM
The music was one of the best aspects of that game :p

Vermachtnis
03-31-2010, 02:32 AM
The Dragon Claw! Tristam, the noisiest ninja ever! And Tristam with the Dragon Claw!

Bastian
03-31-2010, 04:28 AM
It was my first Final Fantasy. My friends Harold and Jason were obsessed with "Final Fantasy II" which I thought looked overly complicated and boring, but then Nintendo Power announced FFMQ and described it as a "beginner's RPG" and I thought, "I'll get it!" and did. And loved it. And then played FFIV ("II") and have been hooked on RPGs ever since.

Curse you, Squaresoft and your clever ploy to make RPG nerds out of those who otherwise wouldn't be! Curse YOOOOOOU!

Christmas
03-26-2022, 02:25 PM
I rmb i played halfway thru and got stuck. I was so frustrated with it that i avoided anyone called Benjamin. :mad:

BG-57
04-14-2022, 10:40 PM
I rmb i played halfway thru and got stuck. I was so frustrated with it that i avoided anyone called Benjamin. :mad:

Hey, what did I do?!?

It was fun and simple. I like the visible enemy mechanic (which we later saw in FFXII) instead of random encounters. Once MP-restoring items were easily available the game became really easy due to spell-spamming. Once thing that caught me off guard was that petrify attacks were really dangerous with a two-person party.