PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Metal!!

-JJ-
03-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Hail, does anyone else here listen to Death/Thrash Metal?The funny thing is i used to listen to final fantasy soundtracks beforeMetal struck my ears, ha. But if you listen to Power metal there's aslight resemblance.

PuPu
03-31-2010, 04:32 AM
Why, yes I do. Tell me what your favorite bands are.

But if you listen to Power metal there's aslight resemblance.

Because Power Metal lyrics are more often than not, fantasy-based.

-JJ-
03-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah true,
I remember when I was about 9 I would download FF soundtracks.

Amon Amarth have increased in popularity, but whether or not
a band is regarded as mainstream does not matter anyway.
Amon amarth are brilliant, their last album was awesome.

Other bands I worship are;
Cannibal Corpse
Blind Guardian
Falkenbach
Bathory
JFAC. Now and again black metal for good measure! - Immortal.

PuPu
03-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Amon Amarth

rather okay

Cannibal Corpse

meh

Blind Guardian

awesome

Falkenbach

haven't heard

Bathory

best one you named

JFAC

worst one you named

Immortal

meh

Some of my favorite death metal bands are Mithras, Demilich, and Morbid Angel. Favorite thrash bands are Megadeth and Coroner.

NorthernChaosGod
03-31-2010, 10:14 PM
smurf yeah, metal!

Some of my favorites (in no particular order) are:
Death
Megadeth
Dream Theater
Opeth
Kalmah
Mastodon
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Demons and Wizards
Immortal
Catamenia
All Shall Perish
The Black Dahlia Murder
Between the Buried and Me
Alice in Chains (They're not grunge :mad2:)
Amon Amarth
Cryptopsy
Vital Remains
Wintersun
Ensiferum
Symphony X
Strapping Young Lad
Old Man's Child
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest

I could probably go on forever.

o_O
04-01-2010, 03:49 AM
I'm a whore for progressive and power metal mostly, but I especially love melodic death, like In Flames, Astarte and Arch Enemy.

The cheesier the power metal, the better; Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Korpiklaani, etc. are all awesome. Avant garde is a stone's throw from power, Wintersun is one of my most-listened-to bands ever. Tool and Dream Theater are my favourite progressive bands.

When I was younger, it was all about the black and death metal and I still like it, though I'm not so much into that anymore. NorthernChaosGod just listed a chunk of my music collection. :p

NorthernChaosGod
04-01-2010, 05:07 AM
Haha, I dare anyone who listens to metal to come here and say they don't like a good number of those bands.

PuPu
04-01-2010, 05:58 AM
I'll admit that most of those are pretty cool bands, though I'm not a fan of Mastodon or Between the Buried and Me (their progressive stuff is alright), but I absolutely despise All Shall Perish, The Black Dahlia Murder (sort of), and Cryptopsy's later albums.

Then again, I just don't like most metalcore or deathcore. Or Nu-metal. People often call these genres as "false metal".

I also recommend the albums in this article (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-15804-Nashville-Metal-Music-Examiner~y2010m1d5-1999--2009-decade-of-death-destruction-and-heavy-metal) to any death metal fan.

Especially Mithras - Worlds Beyond the Veil.

NorthernChaosGod
04-01-2010, 06:22 AM
but I absolutely despise All Shall Perish, The Black Dahlia Murder (sort of), and Cryptopsy's later albums.

:mad2:

The Man
04-01-2010, 06:43 AM
Some days the only stuff I listen to is metal. My last.fm (in my sig) gives a pretty accurate impression of what I listen to.

-JJ-
04-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Haha, this is my first thread by the way!

I like Mithras's Worlds beyond the Veil, it's above awesome!
Here's a list of my top ten favourite bands;

Amon Amarth
Cannibal Corpse
Dissection
Bathory
Falkenbach
JFAC
Immortal
Gorgoroth
The Faceless
Ulver (Old Black Metal Stuff)

I actually listen to alot more black metal than I thought...
...It's not a bad thing, listen to Black Dragon by Dissection.
And you'll catch my drift!

Vyk
04-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Metal quite literally gives me a headache after a while. But I have listened to a lot. Blind Guardian, Dragonforce (or Dragon Heart as they were when I first found them), Stratovarious (and Timo Tolkki), Amon Amarth. Mostly just random stuff I came across while doing searches for random stuff. Especially back in the Napster days