PDA

View Full Version : Oral Hygiene?

Chris
03-31-2010, 02:15 PM
What exactly do you do to prevent receiving a gigantic bill from your dentist, that is insurmountable.

I brush of course, and have recently discovered an alcohol free mouthwash product, so you don't have that overwhelming taste in your mouth after you rinse. I seriously do not have the time to flush each and every single night, though. :|

All of this, I do mostly out of fear.

Breine
03-31-2010, 09:29 PM
I just brush my teeth. Never really bothered with flossing, although I know it's a good idea, and that I probably should bother with it.

I've only had like one cavity in my entire life. Guess I'm just lucky or something?

Brunettepudding
03-31-2010, 09:40 PM
I brush thrice a day, and haven't ever flossed.

Never had one cavity, so I guess it's not as important as the say.

Bunny
03-31-2010, 09:46 PM
I smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day in addition to the occasional (read: very frequent) cigar. I haven't used toothpaste for at least a year in a half and I follow a strict dietary regiment consisting of the immense intake of candy and soda on a daily basis.

I have yet to have a cavity and this has been my lifestyle for the last four years. Dentists exist for no reason.

Rodarian
04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I brush everyday.. No I don't floss... I brush...

Croyles
04-01-2010, 12:52 PM
I smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day in addition to the occasional (read: very frequent) cigar. I haven't used toothpaste for at least a year in a half and I follow a strict dietary regiment consisting of the immense intake of candy and soda on a daily basis.

I have yet to have a cavity and this has been my lifestyle for the last four years. Dentists exist for no reason.

But at least you have infected gums and extremely bad breath! :D

Mo-Nercy
04-01-2010, 01:53 PM
I brush my teeth twice a day, floss occasionally and use mouthwash semi-regularly. I've never had a cavity and my teeth are perfectly straight. People look at my nerdy features and ask if I used to wear braces because my teeth are that well-formed. :)

Now the bad news. My teeth are beginning to yellow. Not a big deal these days with whitening procedures, but it's not something I'm particularly proud of. I drink a lot of coffee and soft drinks and I smoke as well. :(

Chris
04-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Your teeth would start to become slightly yellow anyway, even if you didn't drink coffee or soft drinks. It is unfortunately a natural, and inevitable, process.

Croyles
04-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I brush my teeth twice a day, floss occasionally and use mouthwash semi-regularly. I've never had a cavity and my teeth are perfectly straight. People look at my nerdy features and ask if I used to wear braces because my teeth are that well-formed. :)

Now the bad news. My teeth are beginning to yellow. Not a big deal these days with whitening procedures, but it's not something I'm particularly proud of. I drink a lot of coffee and soft drinks and I smoke as well. :(

Same here.

I was Raped by CKs
04-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I can tell you that the staff have the worst hygiene around.

qwertysaur
04-02-2010, 06:56 AM
I brush and floss every day!

PaulinasKnight
04-13-2010, 09:20 PM
I brush twice a day, and floss ocassionally. But I'm starting to get paranoid because I want to take care of my gums. So I just bought a Waterpik and am going to use that because I hate flossing and it's supposed to be better than that.

~*~Celes~*~
04-13-2010, 09:22 PM
I brush and floss every day!

Rebellious Eagle
04-13-2010, 09:27 PM
I brush twice a day and when I had braces I used a mouthwash. I don't bother with flossing unless I ate popcorn or something. I haven't had any cavities yet, knock on wood. :B

rubah
04-14-2010, 12:26 AM
I forgot to brush my teeth last night, but in defense, I did try some mouthwash I found in the shower. It was OK.

I Don't Need A Name
04-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Twice a day. But for some reason, I will look at them after I clean them and see I've missed a bit with food in. So I'll go back and clean that bit and BAM: gum bleeds everywhere :eep:

Jess
04-14-2010, 10:17 PM
I have a thing about brushing my teeth. My mouth has to feel clean! I always brush in the morning, and at night.

but if I come home and I'm going out again that day I'll brush them again just before I go out.

Slick
04-14-2010, 11:23 PM
I always brush and then fill my mouth with rinsing water and just take the pain, and finally when my eyes tear up I let go and quickly fill my mouth with water so it doesn't hurt so much D:.

But yeah, it's definitely a must for me to keep my mouth clean.

Evastio
04-15-2010, 04:01 AM
Nothing, unfortunately. Well, there's brushing twice a day, but that isn't enough.

I've even got gum disease since I've been too gentle on my gums, not flossing or scrubbing them. Though I've been trying to do more of the latter to toughen them up.