PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence?

blackmage_nuke
03-31-2010, 11:05 PM
I always thought the "We all came from the same orphanage" thing to be ridiculus but on further thought i think Cid might have planned it all from the start.

Do you think it was all just coincidence or "Fate" as they may call it or was there a more sinister plot in play?

nik0tine
04-01-2010, 12:10 AM
At first I thought it was ridiculous but later on I realized it made sense. Why wouldn't these children be sent to Garden? They had nowhere else to go and their orphanage was run by the same person who established Garden.

Omni-Odin
04-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Coincidence that all main characters came from the orphange and eventually became friends? Yes

Coincidence that all children from that orphanage were sent to Garden? No

Why does everyone hate on this awesome game.

Hot Shot
04-01-2010, 04:04 AM
It makes perfect sense to me. But it is wierd how they all coincidentally take Rinoa's mission which seems to spiral out of control and leading them face Sorceress Edea who raised them as children. And Omni-Odin, I think this game is awesme too.

rubah
04-01-2010, 07:45 PM
It makes sense that they would take Rinoa's mission. Her group is laughable, so when she came to Cid asking for aid, of course he would give her the rookies. The senior SeeDs would be working on legitimate projects.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Each coincidence might be acceptable on its own, but all of them put together just form far too large a contrivance.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Each coincidence might be acceptable on its own, but all of them put together just form far too large a contrivance.

I guess the writers from FFVII were taking a break or maybe they lost their touch for a little while...It's probably not easy to write a script for a new video game every few years.

No.78
04-02-2010, 05:00 PM
In a game were the time travel paradox is the primary focus then I don't think it's very farfetched at all that the main characters are reunited through fate and destiny, because it was predestined. It's actually one of my favorite elements of this game.

Serapy
04-04-2010, 11:36 PM
No, all of that were not coincidences. All of that happened for a reason - Destiny.

If Time Travel or Time Compression is done at some point, then everything before that point will be adjusted (re-corrected the courses) by the universe itself. That doesn't scream 'coincidence' at all.

Leonknight
04-15-2010, 04:12 AM
Remember also that in the game i think it speaks of junctioning gf's could cause memory loss that is why balamb is the only one to use GF's because the other Gardens are afraid of this fact. I don't honestly think it is coincidence

FF8-4-lyfe xD

Jessweeee♪
04-18-2010, 02:23 AM
There's nothing odd about it. They were in a tiny orphanage, and the ones that weren't adopted or weren't happy in their foster homes were sent to the larger orphanages founded by the same couple. Where else would they go, the moon?

Future Esthar
04-22-2010, 04:08 AM
Finished FF13 and it explains everything.
There is a character there that represents Headmaster Cid very well.

blackmage_nuke
04-22-2010, 05:22 AM
There's nothing odd about it. They were in a tiny orphanage, and the ones that weren't adopted or weren't happy in their foster homes were sent to the larger orphanages founded by the same couple. Where else would they go, the moon?

The fact that they were all sent on the same mission is the odd part.

Elly
04-23-2010, 12:58 PM
not odd at all, if i recall correctly at one point Cid basicly says it was his plan all along...

Jessweeee♪
04-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Cid probably thought they'd work well together :p