PDA

View Full Version : Booze Thread

Freya
04-01-2010, 02:47 AM
This is a thread about booze. Share your tales. Tell us your fav drink. tell us why you don't like it! Just share about booze. :D

Sponsored by the Apocalypse Party. The end is nigh, so let's get high.

qwertysaur
04-01-2010, 02:48 AM
My aunt got drunk at passover yesterday. She started singing and everything. :p

Fonzie
04-01-2010, 02:51 AM
I believe you shouldn't drink until you get into college or graduate high school!

qwertysaur
04-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Also people who drink everclear are alcoholics.

Shoeberto
04-01-2010, 02:54 AM
Mexican beers tend to be my favorite. Dos Equis and Corona are both pretty yummy. If I'm trying to save money, though, I can go for Bud Select, Bud Light with Lime, or MGD. Dark beers are okay but I'm still not quite accustomed to the bitterness. I enjoy how similar to coffee they taste, but that bitterness can make it hard to swallow.

Still not a huge wine fan, though I'm trying different ones. White zinfandel is pretty decent.

Hard liquors and mixed drinks can be fun... and dangerous. Bad experience with tequila. And vodka. And whiskey. And rum. I'll still drink them, though.

I'm really just a fan of beer, anymore. It's economical for getting drunk, and I actually have somewhat of a taste for it anymore.

Freya
04-01-2010, 02:56 AM
I like rolling rock when it comes to beer other wise meh. Unless it's chick beer then Smirnoff Ice all the way.

Other wise I like some amaretto and vodka is good to add in things.

NorthernChaosGod
04-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Beer! I like a good dark beer the best, a nice stout. :cool: An ale is fine too.

After that, Jager is amazing.

Vyk
04-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Southern Comfort in apple juice, though I'm sure there's a lot of wines champagnes and whiskeys you can put in all sorts of juices to drown them out. This is just the one I stumbled across. Unless you go half and half, you can't really taste the alcohol and still get drunk. Its great

I don't really have any stories. Though I did black out once on webcam. That was weird. Actually I've blacked out a couple of times. But the first time was 16'ish shots of Jegermeister so that's understood. That was one of the first times my then-girlfriend spent the night. Apparently I behaved myself whilst totally blitzed. My roomy wanted to celebrate his birthday with his favorite drink and knocked on my door already drunk, so I had some catching up to do. We were doing double-shots, and I had 8 before I lost count. So 16-20 real shots. And then back to bed. Took about 20 minutes before I lost coherency. But that's 'cause we slammed them fast. Then BAM. Probably like eating the worm in tequila

Bunny
04-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Also people who drink everclear are alcoholics.

Nah.

I drink anything with vodka and little besides.

Rye
04-01-2010, 04:20 AM
I hate beer. I won't and can't drink it.

That said, I'll either drink hard liquor or cider. I love cider the best. Hux and I would buy an 8 pack of cider on Fridays and drink half each. I wish they had cider all over in the US.

NorthernChaosGod
04-01-2010, 05:14 AM
The lack of beer appreciation in this thread is... disturbing. :mad:

I Took the Red Pill
04-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Stella Artois is what Zeus drinks on Mt. Olympus, I'm sure of it. Labatt would be my favorite low-end beer. As for favorite liquor, I tend to house rum, shots are fine or a nice rum and coke is classic. I'm also similar to an old man with saggy grey balls in that I love a good gin and tonic.

TheAbominatrix
04-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Beer makes my stomach feel too full so I don't drink much of it, when I do I like Red Stripe or Newcastle. I mainly enjoy harder stuff, and I HIGHLY recommend Sailor Jerry rum mixed with Dr. Pepper. It's got a great kick to it and the intoxication is steady and pretty neat, light hang over occurrence and so on. Way better than Captain Morgan.

As for stories, I only have on, and it is THE story amongst my group of friends. We had a party for a friend's birthday on Easter, and I started taking double shots of Tequila pretty early... not realizing how strong Tequila is. Soon I was completely faced while everyone else was sober. I took off everything save for my panties and was laughing and talking all sorts of crap, then it progressed to crying, trying to make out with a gay man, and then puking in the bathroom while crying and begging a friend not to let me die. Then I passed out. It was pretty bad... no hang over in the morning, surprisingly. But this is why I'm not allowed to have Tequila anymore.

Citizen Bleys
04-01-2010, 06:04 AM
I'm a whisky and beer man; My whisky of choice is Bushmill's irish whisky -- if that's not available I'll take any Canadian rye.

For beer it's Alexander Keith's by choice, and failing that a Pumphouse Scotch Ale or Muddy River Stout depending on my mood.

NorthernChaosGod
04-01-2010, 06:28 AM
You know what? It's all about this :bou::bou::bou::bou: right here.

http://thenextbarstool.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/abale.jpg

Shlup
04-01-2010, 06:47 AM
One of my dear friends loves that beer.

I hate beer. I like girly-ass drinks. My favorite is Midori. It has to many calories though so... really, I don't drink booze. I've had four drinks total this year.

LunarWeaver
04-01-2010, 06:50 AM
I don't drink much and I don't know any names of anything. I let other people pick them. They just say something that sounds really gay and then it tastes good. It works out. I wish I drank enough to earn the title boozehound. It has hound in it, and stuff. Maybe someday, when all is right in the world.

NorthernChaosGod
04-01-2010, 08:18 AM
One of my dear friends loves that beer.

I hate beer. I like girly-ass drinks. My favorite is Midori. It has to many calories though so... really, I don't drink booze. I've had four drinks total this year.

Your friend has good taste. You, not so much.

And I had more drinks than that waiting for a table at dinner the other day. o_O

Meat Puppet
04-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I like oettinger because it’s cheaper than australian beer and has the bonus of not tasting like piss filtered through cigarettes

Mo-Nercy
04-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Australian beer is bloody awesome. I love a Toohey's Extra Dry or Carlton Draught on tap.

Also, I'm a big fan of the 'real' Heineken, not the locally made 'they won't tell the difference' version they usually sell here.

Girly-ass drinks wise, I like whiskey and green tea. It's started off a bit weird, but now it's yummers.

Rantz
04-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I like red wine with dinner or just relaxing. Beer and cider is great in the summer sometimes. Other than that I'm pretty neutral about alcoholic beverages. I tend to pass on shots. I don't get mixed drinks very often although there are a few I've liked. Champagne and white wine is fine in small amounts.

Madame Adequate
04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Polish is the way to go with beer. Tyskie and Zywiec are justice. Bud, Coors, and Stella are all perfectly acceptable to me. I've only had a little but anything Hobgoblin is very well regarded. I like some ciders, even cheap ones tend to be fairly drinkable (Kopparberg apple is expensive and deliriously good). For spirits, just trust Bleys.

Zeldy
04-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Oh maaan. BOOZE. Certainly my topic this. When I'm out, it's always a vodka and coke or a vodka and redbull if I'm lucky enough to have lots of money. A vodka and redbull can cost nearly £5 in some places, it's ridiculous and that's not even for a double. I usually start the night with (quite a few) Sambuca shots, the odd apple sour, and continue to get absolutely trollied.

Once, my mate bought me an Amaretto and coke ("Try it! you'll like it! she said) and it was horrible, I was really not a fan - and people say that tastes like Dr Pepper?! I'm obsessed with Dr Pepper it's my favourite drink ever, that is NOT like Dr Pepper! Anyway, this guy could see I really didn't like it, so asked what drink I would like to have and I was drunk and was like "voooooodka red bull :):):)" and he went and bought me one!

Bunny
04-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Out of curiosity, have any of the beer drinkers here ever heard or drank Dale's Pale Ale?

NorthernChaosGod
04-02-2010, 01:28 AM
I have not, where is it from?

Cuchulainn
04-02-2010, 02:26 AM
ahhh A thread made for the Irish. My favorite beer is Carlsberg. My favorite short is vodka+redbull. My Da used to drink Bushmills whiskey, I've tried Whiskey but hate it. I guess I still prefer Irish whiskey to Scotch as Scotch is a little too sweet for my tastes.

When I was a teen it was all about Magners & Olde English Cider.

Bunny
04-02-2010, 02:27 AM

Colorado. It's supposed to be famous, but I have not met a person outside Colorado that has heard of it, much less sampled it.

fire_of_avalon
04-02-2010, 02:36 AM
For national brands, I'm a fan of most Blue Moon varieties, but I most definitely do not bite my thumb at what I was raised on: Budweiser. I'm not much for imports at this point in my life, but that is mostly because I haven't the right guru to train me.

As far as liquors go, I'm a whiskey girl. Mostly bourbons but I take the odd anything at all, and tequila shots when I get a wild hair. I don't do much for fruity, sweet drinks. Except pina coladas.

I love apple pie, strawberry and lemonade moonshine.

theundeadhero
04-02-2010, 02:44 AM
I like the Jack and Coke. It makes me happy.
As far as beer goes I'll drink the typical Bud Light, MGD, or some Newcastle. Also gotta mention the hobgoblin for the Old Manus.

NorthernChaosGod
04-02-2010, 06:13 AM

Colorado. It's supposed to be famous, but I have not met a person outside Colorado that has heard of it, much less sampled it.

I'll see if they carry it Vons or a BevMo near.

Yar
04-02-2010, 06:19 AM
I'm drinknig tequila right now 'cause my dad might notice if the vodka is consumed :X

Jess
04-02-2010, 11:30 AM
For beer, if it's on tap in the pub/bar I'm in - Carlsberg. Otherwise, Stella Artois.

My favourite shorts are Archers & lemonade, Southern Comfort & lemonade, Jägermeister & red bull. I also love Cherry Sourz and lemonade... tastes like cherry drops!

I'm not too picky really, I like a lot of drinks... but I don't like white rum & cider (except for the strawberry cider...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!). I tend to stay away from vodka, too.

No.78
04-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I like to drink beer. It makes me feel manly, but then I can subvert the stereotype by being extremely un-manly.

Also, apparently, I hold my bottles in a gay way. That's kind of worrying.

I like the ???berg stuff and Stella, but that's too expensive. I hate Fosters, it tastes like urine.

The first drink I ever got drunk off was rum 'n' coke. :P

Raistlin
04-03-2010, 04:32 PM
I like beer, but mostly pale ales or the like. I went to college in Pennsylvania, so Yuengling is practically part of my blood (it was served at pretty much every event). Other good ones mentioned in this thread: Blue Moon, Stella, Carlsberg, etc. And like Bunny, I will drink pretty much anything with vodka. I inherited a love for a simple vodka and tonic from my dad.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-03-2010, 08:14 PM
1) Mother got drunk once and I was 14 and ended up shutting a door on her, because she started running towards me with something of a manic expression on her face.

2) Halloween last year. Didn't even go out or anything, actually stayed inside like a lonely 16 year old with two bottles of cider. Hate how the price is going up a bit. . .every little helps reduce my balance XD. Couldn't get up the stairs, didn't answer the door to anyone and ate the sweets for myself. Announced my love for several people on the phone, including my also drunk mother who called me from her boyfriend's place to find out if Harry Hill is a doctor in something. And a few truths and dares. Yeeeeeah. . .

Social's coming up SOMEtime though, so I'm sure I'll have plenty more tales to tell. Since they're oh.so.exciting.

Crop
04-05-2010, 01:43 PM
I can't stand Cider. A couple of years ago I got wasted off it and had the worst hangover I've ever had, can't touch it since then.

When I'm watching the football, I'll usually get a four pack of some beer I've never tried before - something on the back shelf.

For pre-town drinks I usually have stella, then a pint or two in the pub after (and a shot), then when I get to the club I switch to the VK.

kotora
04-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Rum, like a real pirate. Yarrr. (and no, Bacardi or any of those other :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty brands 16 year olds think are cool do not count as rum)

otherwise, beer. In particular Polish beers, because most others suck, especially Dutch ones. Jack Daniels is also good.

TheAbominatrix
04-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Rum, like a real pirate. Yarrr. (and no, Bacardi or any of those other :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty brands 16 year olds think are cool do not count as rum)

I looooove rum. What's your usual brand? Have you tried Sailor Jerry? I had an English friend recommend SJ to me and it's all I drink now. Do you mix your rum or just take it straight?

kotora
04-05-2010, 09:52 PM
I've been dying to get a hold of Sailor Jerry's. Problem is, it's not available over here. So I just drink Captain Morgan Jamaican Rum (known as Tattoo in the US). Straight or in my tea. When I finish this bottle I'm gonna try some of the 20 euro brands they sell, because the cheap ones suck.

Moon Rabbits
04-05-2010, 09:56 PM
I've yet to meet a beer I won't drink. Same for whisky. Actually, I am a fan of all alcohol.

Whoever, whiskey + chased by beer OR the whiskey+beer equivalent of a jagerbomb is, quite simply, amazing.

edit: gin and tonic is good too.

Freya
04-05-2010, 10:12 PM
OH malibu rum!

http://www.1-877-spirits.com/store/images/large/Malibu-Coconut-lg.jpg

Yummmmm

kotora
04-05-2010, 10:19 PM
malibu is hardly rum

it's just fake chemical coconut drink with some alcohol.

Freya
04-05-2010, 10:40 PM
But it's tasty :D

NorthernChaosGod
04-06-2010, 12:42 AM
I've yet to meet a beer I won't drink. Same for whisky. Actually, I am a fan of all alcohol.

Whoever, whiskey + chased by beer OR the whiskey+beer equivalent of a jagerbomb is, quite simply, amazing.

A boilermaker.

You, sir, are awesome.

Araciel
04-06-2010, 03:34 PM
You know what? It's all about this :bou::bou::bou::bou: right here.

http://thenextbarstool.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/abale.jpg

Is it actually any good or is it one of those beers you're supposed to like because the bottle is cool?!

I prefer Blue... Good ol' Canadian beeeeer ehhhh

Also I love to drink rye and ginger ale

Unbreakable Will
04-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Im partial to hard liquor, beer is nasty unless its some Bud Select or most of the Sam Adams (ive liked almost all the ones I've tried).

Story: 14 shots of whiskey in a period of about two hours, lightweight I know (or is it? my friends say I am), me and my friend were sneaking shots past everyone else and were poorly concealing it so when she told me to "HIDE IT HERE THEY COME!" In my drunken state I took our ramen bowls, still full, and threw them all in the clean dishwasher.

kotora
04-06-2010, 06:53 PM
14 shots is about middleweight I'd say. I know people who get drunk after like 3 or 4 shots.

Unbreakable Will
04-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Sweet christ, they must be very small bodied people.

Mirage
04-06-2010, 07:19 PM
PM me if you want to know how to make your drunk more fun.

NorthernChaosGod
04-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Is it actually any good or is it one of those beers you're supposed to like because the bottle is cool?!

I prefer Blue... Good ol' Canadian beeeeer ehhhh

Also I love to drink rye and ginger ale

Lol, do people actually do that? I love that beer, it's one of my favorites.

Rodarian
04-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Beer makes me relaxed.

Don't like having vodka like I did before but I can still down them like no one's business ...

:cheers:

Moon Rabbits
04-12-2010, 06:27 PM

A boilermaker.

You, sir, are awesome.

i know its called a boilermaker but i dont like that name so i refer to any mixed drink combo of whiskey+beer simply as WHISKEYBEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!111111111111

Breine
04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I've thought about it and I can't think of any alcohol I don't like. When it comes to beer, however, I tend to go for pale beers, like e.g. lagers, pilsners and such. Tuborg and Carlsberg are probably my favourite beers. Corona, San Miguel and Tiger are also nice. But really, I'll drink anything.

I also like pretty much all kinds of cider, shots, liquors, spirits, mixed drinks and so forth. Wine is also divine. Love the stuff!

So yeah, I'm not at all picky. I started drinking at 13, and as said I can't really think of anything I don't like.

demondude
04-12-2010, 11:27 PM
I think it's fair to say I'm a tiny, tiny, tiny bit drunk right now. I'm so hardcore I know, but I'm not properly legal until about a month and this is far as I go atm. Saving the good stuff for 18th birthday to make it the best, then it's an often thing. ;)

edit: even more now :D

Aurey
04-12-2010, 11:49 PM
WINE!!!!! Fussier with the red than I am with white wine, though. Favourites tend to be from Argentina or Chile, but I've had some good ones from Spain, Canada (Dan Akroyd's!), and Australia recently. I'm not a stickler to any types (chardonnay, shiraz, merlot, cabernet, etc.); there's too many of them.

Besides wine, I like most alcohol. Beer is awesome in summer, hard liquors are awesome in winter, rum and coke and screwdrivers are usually my fave at parties. Only one I can think of that I don't enjoy is probably sambuca.

Imperfectionist
04-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Oooh I do love me some alcohol. :D

I'm one of the only girls I know that loves beer. I'm particularly fond of Amstel, Carlsberg, Heineken, Carling, Bud and, recently, Fosters. Hate Stella though. And cider. They're just bleurgh nasty nasty :(

In terms of spirits I love Southern Comfort, that is some good ish right there. I always drink vodka or whisky with coke when i'm out as well. Oh oh and Wray & Nephew Rum with coke, that is sooo nice and it makes me feel like a pirate :D

Citizen Bleys
04-13-2010, 12:50 AM
I like to order a Manhattan, and tell the bartender to hold the vermouth. That way I look classy, but I'm still getting a glass of rye.

Rye
04-13-2010, 05:36 AM
I could do with being completely drunk right now. :|