PDA

View Full Version : G Garden homeboys

Jiro
04-01-2010, 03:31 AM
They had some nice basketball courts at the garden. Do you reckon they have a good basketball team? Come to think of it, they had themselves a hockey rink (it's called a rink, right? I ain't from snowylands so I dunno) too. They must have one of those programs that my school had; Sporting Excellence or w/e. I don't see how that's useful for kids joining the military though, but that's not the point.

The point is that the Gardens could've settled their disputes on the sporting field like gentlemen. So which sport do you think they should have played, and who would have won!?

Sponsored by the Apocalypse Party. The end is nigh, so let's get high.

qwertysaur
04-01-2010, 03:34 AM
A game of Ping Pong for the fate of the world

crazybayman
04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Hockey, obviously, BECAUSE ITS THE GREATEST SPORT ON THE PLANET (both our real one, and the alternate universe that is FFVIII).

Sports go hand-in-hand with military as pass-times. For example, my cousin is in the navy, a ships diver in fact, and has played hockey for years, competitively with the Navy Team in senior leagues. He's over 40, and still playing, often with and against 20 something year olds just out of junior who joined the military.

On keeping up with younger, faster opponents he once said to me "it don't matter how young (or old) you are when you're tearing someone's jugular out".

Of course, he was kidding, but nonetheless he is an enforcer, and is notorious for fights. But it just goes to show that an intense, fast, rough game like hockey in which fighting and rough-housing is allowed (but slapped on the wrist with a 2 or 5 min penalty) would be perfect for military personnel as a past-time. Same would go for football (gridiron, american style) and rugby.

So yeah, I vote hockey.

And wow, did I ever ramble in this post :p.

Mo-Nercy
04-01-2010, 02:06 PM
FFVIII is one of the few Final Fantasys to exhibit a regular use of cars.

So motorsport, obviously. If they can design flying military schools, they can make a fantasy equivalent of a Formula One car.

Peegee
04-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Collect catch em all! Card games until they get confiscated for gambling~

Jiro
04-04-2010, 02:12 PM
I would love to see them um what's it called like orienteering or something? Yeah you could race your garden all over the planet looking for clues etc etc

cloud21zidane16
04-05-2010, 10:52 PM
A T-Board race with Zell representing Balamb:)