PDA

View Full Version : The Tower of Babil...

Yar
04-01-2010, 04:47 AM
I've always wondered how and why it was built... The base of the tower is in the underworld. Were the dwarves trying to reach the overworld?

Otherwise, it's seems like a useless tower, considering how tall it is... :freak:

Speculation kgo!

Sponsored by the Apocalypse Party. The end is nigh, so let's get high

qwertysaur
04-01-2010, 04:56 AM
it houses the Giant of Babil

Yar
04-01-2010, 05:02 AM
I thought the Giant came from the Moon... :eek:

qwertysaur
04-01-2010, 05:02 AM
The tower did too

VeloZer0
04-01-2010, 05:08 AM
The Giant of Babel resides in the moon and was teleported to earth using the tower.

It does kind of make you wonder how it was built. It's not like there was any significant Lunarian presence on Earth in the past(does the FFIV planet have a name?) It is almost like they launched it from the moon right into Earth's crust.

Or Kluya is just a super stud and built the whole thing himself.

Yar
04-01-2010, 05:31 AM
It does kind of make you wonder how it was built. It's not like there was any significant Lunarian presence on Earth in the past(does the FFIV planet have a name?) It is almost like they launched it from the moon right into Earth's crust.

That's an interesting thought, considering the history of the Lunarians. They had lived on a planet between Mars and Jupiter. Their planet was going to be destroyed, so they went to Earth. But, the humans weren't evolved enough for the Lunarians to cohabitate with them, so they created the second Moon and hibernated in the core until the humans were ready.

But, we do know that Lunarian technology was present on Earth, for example: the airship, which KluYa introduced.

Of course, 75% of the story was cut for the SNES version. :( We may never know...

qwertysaur
04-01-2010, 05:33 AM
The bigger mystery is the tower of Zot

VeloZer0
04-01-2010, 05:57 AM
No kidding.
Do we even have any leads on where it physically exists (existed)?

qwertysaur
04-01-2010, 05:59 AM
No :( It's never seen again

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-01-2010, 07:07 AM
The way the Tower of Babil is described, it sounds like it stretches all the way to the moon, so the Giant would come down to Earth directly from there. But since there's no sign of the Tower on the moon itself, I guess it falls short.

Since the Enterprise rises off the top of the screen when approaching the Tower of Zot, it's presumably floating in the air somewhere, like the Flying Castle from FFI.

Storm
07-08-2010, 01:13 AM
The way the Tower of Babil is described, it sounds like it stretches all the way to the moon, so the Giant would come down to Earth directly from there. But since there's no sign of the Tower on the moon itself, I guess it falls short.

The only way this could work is if the the moon was a geostationary satellite. However, since the moon orbits around the Earth, the tower would be torn apart.

But then again, if the Tower of Zot can exist in mid-air, then I suppose a giant tower could extend from the Earth to the Moon.

VeloZer0
07-08-2010, 04:43 AM
The only way this could work is if the the moon was a geostationary satellite.
I'm sure if we could see the moon from the world map it would always be in the same place :D

I recall them saying something about a matter transporter in the DS version.

Storm
07-08-2010, 06:02 AM
A matter transporter makes sense, since we already know they do exist within the tower (Rubicant uses one to transport from the lower to the upper world). However, you'd need one hell of a transporter to teleport a GIANT from the moon to the Earth.

VeloZer0
07-08-2010, 06:42 AM
And it would need some massive power source. Like 8 crystals or something crazy. :) It all comes together.

MJN SEIFER
09-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Was the tower mistranslated as "Bab-ILL!" at one point or am I being stupid?

Also, Babil = Babel. :cool:

Roogle
09-20-2010, 05:43 PM
There is no doubt that the Tower of Babil was inspired by the Tower of Babel from the Old Testament.

There are some parallels between each tower; however, I think that the mythology of an endless tower can be a rich source of content for a video game. It has captured the minds and imaginations of people for quite some time...

Ultima Shadow
09-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Or maybe it's just, you know... another plot hole. *gasp*