PDA

View Full Version : Staff Planning Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Psychotic
02-10-2010, 04:28 PM
It's April Fool's Day in 6 weeks! You know what that means, right?

We discuss plans in this thread for a week, come up with a great idea and then nobody cba to actually go through with it when the day comes. Got it? Let's go!

Quitocalypse. Or Quitmagaeddon. A lot of people have noticed that a lot of staff members are leaving. In the run up to AFD, more and more people quit until there's just one person (BoB? Zeromus_X? DR UNNE??? LMAO) left! Of course, by the end of it they'll have realised what's going on but I bet we could get some suckers with the first two or three.

Now you suggest things! But not "hurrr hurr let's do nothing cuz they'll expect something. Psyche!" because damnit that never was and never will be funny. :colbert:

Rye
02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
In an outsider whose just come in p.o.v, I'd be really convinced if Rantzien left. Even more so if he was like "Whoa, staff is a mean place, I couldn't be around that anymore!" or something like that. Not that everyone else on staff isn't nice, that's far from the fact, but Rantzien might well be the most amicable person I've ever known, so it'd be like "What?!?!?! Rantzien!?!? It MUST BE TRUE!!!!"

Zeromus_X
02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Quitocalypse. Or Quitmagaeddon. A lot of people have noticed that a lot of staff members are leaving. In the run up to AFD, more and more people quit until there's just one person (BoB? Zeromus_X? DR UNNE??? LMAO) left! Of course, by the end of it they'll have realised what's going on but I bet we could get some suckers with the first two or three.

This actually sounds pretty hilarious.

Psychotic
02-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Well you can either start with a big hitter like him, or with the more obvious candidates like eest.

By the end of it, people might wonder whether Leeza etc. really did quit staff or not!

Del Murder
02-10-2010, 05:04 PM
I think it's a great idea. Maybe BoB and kishi can be the only ones left. They'll probably be the last two left anyway.

Duplicate the CK and Admin groups but change their titles to Former Staff. That's really all we need to do. Then every few days one of us will 'step down' and move to one of those groups.

No drama this time. Just people randomly leaving until there is 2 or 1 left. We've done the drama before and I don't want to attempt it again.

Rye
02-10-2010, 05:08 PM
I could see BoB being the last one left, but going through some kind of Cabin Fever madness, just filling the staff forum and General Chat with statistics and pie charts of imagined and frightful things, like the ratio of female final fantasy characters that are under aged to the number of Kishi's posts.

Del Murder
02-10-2010, 06:07 PM
How is that any different than usual?

Rantz
02-10-2010, 08:01 PM
I like the "staff leaving" idea, especially with the buildup we already have for free from people actually leaving. The rate of leavings should increase gradually as we get closer, and BoB gradually grow more and more insane (stressed out from the workload increase, frantically looking for new people to knight, maybe even trying to host some ridiculously rushed bastardisation of Next Cid's Knight). I think it could be really fun, even after people catch on!

Shlup
02-10-2010, 08:28 PM
We would be morons to pass up this opportunity presented to us by these other buttholes that have left. I like it.

Now who is leaving in what order, and who will be the last one standing?

Rye
02-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Yes, I could totally see BoB going insane. Maybe by the end, when it's getting ridiculous and unbelievable, he could create a new faction of moderators called Town's Knights, who sign a .pdf contract that they will serve at least a year's term of moderation to keep stability within the forum, or something. xDDD

Levian
02-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I think whoever we have left towards the end should be some of our most active staff in moderating, just so they can keep the natives in check. Rantzien and Rye perhaps?

Psychotic
02-10-2010, 09:46 PM
We can all still mod, we'll just sign it in somebody else's name.

Shlup
02-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Rye should obviously be one of the last ones, since she just started.

Levian
02-10-2010, 10:36 PM
All right, who wants to go first? ;)

Let's make a quitting schedule!

Shiny
02-10-2010, 10:52 PM
frantically looking for new people to knight, maybe even trying to host some ridiculously rushed bastardisation of Next Cid's Knight).
Hahaha, that's a funny idea.

BoB and Kishi should be the last. I would not believe for a second if BoB or Kishi quit.

Rye
02-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I think when you're on the inside, you realize Kishi would never quit, but on the outside, it seems like one of the more likely ones to go, since so many of the old time admins have been leaving. =O

BoB would never quit though, fer sure.

Rantz
02-10-2010, 11:02 PM
eestlinc - Got busy with work / Moving on from EoFF
Zeromus_X - Moving on from EoFF
theundeadhero - EoFF lost its magic / Back off to war
Rantzien - Didn't like the atmosphere in staff / Got busy with school
Shiny - Same as Rantzien?
Wolf Kanno - Too much going on irl, don't have time anymore
ShlupQuack - Going to Japan and never coming back / Got preggers
Levian - Same as WK
Del Murder - I miss everyone / Moving on from EoFF
Psychotic - Got a job / Finally got banned by Kishi
Rye - Wtf where did everyone go
Roogle - I miss Leeza
Kawaii Ryűkishi - Towns went crazy, can't stand Towns / Staying
Loony BoB - Staying

More ridiculous and unbelievable reasons towards the end. I don't think we can hope to be fooling many people towards the end anyway.

Rye
02-10-2010, 11:04 PM
:lol:

Levian
02-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Nice, Rantzien!

A believable reason we can use in the beginning is to put someone on leave (like we did with foa) until summer to focus on school.

maybe we can knight *snip* or *snip* for real along the way too? :D

theundeadhero
02-10-2010, 11:32 PM
I would never quit before so many of those others.

I still like the idea I threw out last year of *snip*.

Psychotic
02-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Your idea? :colbert:

[link *snip*ed]

Del Murder
02-10-2010, 11:41 PM
We could do that too.

I like the schedule.

Shiny
02-10-2010, 11:42 PM
I actually like that idea better!

Shlup
02-10-2010, 11:46 PM
I would be sad if we passed this one up, just since it's like it already stared what with a billion people already leaving.

I would do the other one next year though.

And FTR, I would probably be one of the last admins standing with BoB. Last time I stepped down I hated it. Though I'm sure my leaving in the middle of everyone else is believable to others so I'll roll with it. Probably say I got a job and just don't have time? If I was pregnant I'd probably be around more.

Psychotic
02-10-2010, 11:49 PM
*snip* is less relevant now. If we'd done it at the height of *snip* it would've been a lot better.

theundeadhero
02-10-2010, 11:59 PM
It will make them *snip* all over again!

Okay, I never saw you throw that out there, but at least mine had all the details instead of just a vague idea. I don't have time to find it right now though cause I didn't start the thread it was in :p

Roogle
02-11-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't think I would leave over some drama, so I guess I could stay and make an announcement or something, I suppose. I sound so official. Use it to your advantage!

Shlup
02-11-2010, 12:35 AM
You're not leaving over drama, you're leaving because you don't care anymore with everyone else gone. Duh.

Levian
02-11-2010, 12:49 AM
I would never quit before so many of those others.

I can trade with ya if you want. ;) I've quit before, I can quit again! Although so have you now that I think about it.

Rantz
02-11-2010, 01:26 AM
I guess I should have made it clearer that I'm not saying that's necessarily the order or the reasons people would actually leave. Just what might seem reasonably believable. ;)

Shlup
02-11-2010, 01:29 AM
No, Rantz, you fail. Fail at everything.

Levian
02-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Seems like a good enough order than any to me.

ZX and eestlinc leaving early is believable because of their low activity, plus eest actually almost quit. Del Murder could leave early-ish because he's actually thinking about leaving too. That way he'll get to see how sucky his life is going to be as a Former Staff. ;) Psychotic, Rye, L-BoB and Kishi should probably be the final 4.

Shiny
02-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Anyone who has already quit before should be at the top of the list, so tuh and Levian being two of the earliest ones ordered would be believable.

Del Murder
02-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Don't forget that quitter Amanda.

Shlup
02-11-2010, 05:31 AM
I did quit, but I hated it.

Roogle
02-11-2010, 05:35 AM
You're not leaving over drama, you're leaving because you don't care anymore with everyone else gone. Duh.

It just doesn't sound like something I'd do! I wouldn't even know how to act about it because people would ask me via instant messengers and IRC about what is going on, but, on the other hand, I do know how to speak like a public relations department.

Del Murder
02-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Just say you left due to 'creative differences' and you wanted to 'go in a different direction'.

Shlup
02-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Well obviously few of us would actually do this! It doesn't matter if you think you'd do it, it matters if the members think you'd do it. I think the members would believe this from you. You aren't a super active poster but you're into the chat and frontsite enough that people wouldn't believe you'd step down due to lack of interest in EoFF in general, but there's not much point of you being in here if everyone you like leaves.

You can't be one of the stayers! There can only be one! Or two if everyone insists on Kishi but I think Kishi should go.

eestlinc
02-11-2010, 06:22 AM
I think Del should go right after me. And I think Psy should go early too, because he is an old fart now. But we need to make sure we don't act too obviously still moddish while we are "quit".

Roogle
02-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Okay, you can just phase me out at some part, then.

Wolf Kanno
02-11-2010, 08:35 AM
I would like to be one of the last, and I would find it amusing to see some of the remaining staff that are not Admins suddenly get the title. Just to see if people would cry in dread or joy if so and so became an Admin, we could even throw titles on some of the Site Staff to really throw them off (course no one like Tav or Baloki cause Raistlin would catch on and ruin the joke) I think it would also be funny to play with the whole "different direction angle" and maybe change a few things on the forum a day before we unveil its a joke. Course we should make silly threads about the changes in the Feedback forum or announcements.

We'd also need to make some of the early changes low key as well. I feel we should strive for total chaos here. It will be glorious... :radred:

Psychotic
02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I still think it'd be funny if we had like, Kanno and ZX as the only ones left. People wouldn't know wtf.

Loony BoB
02-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Yes, I could totally see BoB going insane. Maybe by the end, when it's getting ridiculous and unbelievable, he could create a new faction of moderators called Town's Knights, who sign a .pdf contract that they will serve at least a year's term of moderation to keep stability within the forum, or something. xDDD
What? I wouldn't go insane. You people drive me insane! With you all gone, nobody could stop me from demoting the none of you that are still here when you go inactive!

EDIT: Fun fact - I actually have 'quit' once before. So anyone who says "He'd never" is wrong. :p I'd probably never again, though...

Levian
02-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Allright, someone tell me if this is possible.

-I leave staff, say, Monday, or sometime next week.
-I make an announcement saying something like "It's hard core study time, folks. See you all in mid-June!"
-I'll get bumped to Former Staff and officially I'm On Leave, like foa.
-I never log into the Levian account again until April 1st when everything is revealed
-Let's face it, I'm not going to be able to keep away from EoFF for 1,5 months, especially not with FF13 coming up
-So I make a newbie account, say, Lightningstorm, so I can discuss FF13 and be active in General Chat.
-you guys *snip* Lightningstorm so I can see what you're up to.
-When April 1st comes, merge Lightningstorm and Levian.

Too Cuh-rayzee? Come on, it's not fun to do an april fools prank if we're not going to make it elaborate!

Rantz
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Sounds good to me :D If anyone else wants to "leave" and go back to being a spammy newbie again I think it'll just add to it.

Levian
02-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Yes, it makes things less believable if we stay on the same activity level after we've quit.

Actually, I'm gonna drop the "On Leave" thing and just gonna straight quit. That should be saved for someone less likely to leave, like you Rantzien.

Del Murder
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't like this idea anymore because Levian is using it as an excuse to actually leave. :mad2:

Rantz
02-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Speaking of nothing in particular, that new member "Lightening" seems like a nice enough person!

Lightening
02-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks! I've always wanted to be a 17 year old girl anyway.

edit: and I would never leave, Del. ;) I learned my lesson last time!

Psychotic
02-11-2010, 07:27 PM
why is there a newbie in the staff forum?

Del Murder
02-11-2010, 07:58 PM
wts is going on here?

Levian
02-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Lightening is my second account. When I quit on Monday I'll not sign in with Levian until April 1st. Since I won't be able to keep away from EoFF for so long, I'll be posting as Lightening instead. It's just another thing to make this prank more believable. It's all in post #44

:D?

Shlup
02-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Seriously, don't you guys read?

Del Murder
02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I read it. I really just felt like saying wts (what the smurf).

eestlinc
02-12-2010, 04:33 AM
omg Lightening=faris_the_guy!

Psychotic
02-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I read it. Hell, as soon as I saw the name Lightening on the forum index I knew it was Lev's account. I was just being facetious. SHEESH YOU PEOPLE SOMETIMESSSSSSS [/shlup]

(the [/shlup] thing was me being facetious, there is actually no such code)

Shlup
02-12-2010, 09:50 PM
I figured it was possible that you two were just being jackasses, but you did not do a good job at it.

P.S. So we have eight weeks until AF and like 11 people need to step down. We should probably double-up a couple of times, like one person stepping down inspired another person who is stepping down for the same reasons. Looking at the list it looks like just about anyone could double-up with someone.

So whoever's going first (eest, I believe) needs to go like maybe tomorrow or something. Zero can join you if he wants.

Rantz
02-12-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm not sure if Zeromus_X has read this thread yet. He needs to at least know about the joke and okay it before he's destaffed. xD

Del Murder
02-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Post number 3 holmes.

Rantz
02-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Oh whoops, sorry Zexy. :} Yeah, eest and Z_X leaving at the same time would work.

Levian
02-12-2010, 11:20 PM
since ZX isn't around atm, maybe eest and I should go together. :mog:

edit: oh, he is around. Well, I'm ready to go whenever though.

eestlinc
02-13-2010, 04:42 AM
I will go second.

Loony BoB
02-13-2010, 07:42 AM
While I think people are going to start thinking about our previous April Fools where something similar happened and catch on by the time we have only ten staff left (which is well before April 1st, I imagine), this will be amusing if only to see if they can figure out which staffer started the joke, because so many have already left.

Shlup
02-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Ehehe, I thought that too. Who's coming back on April 1st/2nd and who really left? xD

Roogle
02-13-2010, 09:03 AM
While I think people are going to start thinking about our previous April Fools where something similar happened and catch on by the time we have only ten staff left (which is well before April 1st, I imagine), this will be amusing if only to see if they can figure out which staffer started the joke, because so many have already left.

I agree that it would be more realistic if only the most popular people left and there were some mean Livejournal entries about it or something because only a child would be fooled by the fact that everyone is nearly gone by April 1. I mean, if you really want to fool them.

Levian
02-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Allright, I'm going now then. Any admin can former staff this account whenever.

*makes announcement* ^^

Rantz
02-13-2010, 02:47 PM
I created a "Cid's Knights - Invisible" usergroup. Now you look like Former Staff but you can still moderate! If I did it right...

Also created an "Administrators - Invisible" group. Someone with more usergroup experience should probably take a look at these, too, just to be sure. Not sure how Admin permissions and stuff works, for example.

theundeadhero
02-13-2010, 03:18 PM
While I think people are going to start thinking about our previous April Fools where something similar happened and catch on by the time we have only ten staff left (which is well before April 1st, I imagine), this will be amusing if only to see if they can figure out which staffer started the joke, because so many have already left.That was 5 years ago. How much of the active userbase now was around back then?

And if some of us are paring up it would make sense for them to be like
Del~eest

Psychotic
02-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Of course a lot of them will know what's up. Anything out of the ordinary happening within 3 months of April arouses the suspicion of most of them.

But this is a chance to poke fun at ourselves as well as confuse them as to what's real and what's part of the joke.

Lightening
02-13-2010, 03:25 PM
I created a "Cid's Knights - Invisible" usergroup. Now you look like Former Staff but you can still moderate! If I did it right...

Also created an "Administrators - Invisible" group. Someone with more usergroup experience should probably take a look at them, too, just to be sure. Not sure how Admin permissions and stuff works, for example.

I don't think I'm going to use it though. I imagine the "Last Activity" bit on the profile will still get updated. I'll just stick to this account :mog:

Rye
02-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Hahaha, I love being part of this!

Lightening
02-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Is it going to be hard keeping this from MILF? :D I'm guessing he would be one of the first to think something fishy is up.

Rye
02-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't think he will, if only because he doesn't use the internet much lately because of his work in his master's course (he has to start his dissertation research soon), and because it's perpetually going down at his place. For what it's worth, he told me the other day that he liked Lightening, so he must not have figured any resemblances out yet. xD

Zeromus_X
02-13-2010, 09:25 PM
One thing I'm confused about; we'll still be allowed to post and stuff during this right? We're just going to look like Former Staff? Or we're not allowed to post at all?

Del Murder
02-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Just post as normal. The only thing that will change is the title below your name.

Lightening
02-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Craaap, I already smurfed up xD geez

I called qwerty by his former name qwertyxsora. But I think he bought my explanation. He befriended me and left me a note anyway. :] Should be fine I guess.

Psychotic
02-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah I noticed that and wondered wtf you were doing, but assumed you had a good reason for it.

Lightening
02-13-2010, 11:11 PM
I didn't. :(

oh well, no damage done.

Del Murder
02-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Hahaha I saw it too. Lev you crazy smurf.

Shlup
02-14-2010, 12:05 AM
LOL Lev xD

I agree that it would be more realistic if only the most popular people left and there were some mean Livejournal entries about it or something because only a child would be fooled by the fact that everyone is nearly gone by April 1. I mean, if you really want to fool them.

I prefer to keep our end low-key and let the members make their own drama of it. Anyone who's posted here for awhile is suspicious of anything we do during the entire first quarter of the year anyway.

eestlinc
02-14-2010, 12:49 AM
i assume there will be "thank you" threads and that we should post in them as if it were true.

Lightening
02-14-2010, 01:03 AM
But this is a chance to poke fun at ourselves as well as confuse them as to what's real and what's part of the joke.

Yeah, this is the fun part :D some people might even go as far as to think the prank started with hsu back in november.

Psychotic
02-14-2010, 01:08 AM
hell reknight him (and foa too!) for the day and leave some of us as Former Staff just to compound the mystery.

eestlinc
02-14-2010, 01:46 AM
we could "reknight" every person who has ever been on staff on April 1 (into a fake group).

Shlup
02-14-2010, 01:54 AM
Naw. I wouldn't want to do it without their consent, but I don't want them in on the joke either. :p

eestlinc
02-14-2010, 02:06 AM
well, whoever is still on staff on march 31 can do whatever they want!

Lightening
02-14-2010, 02:10 AM
what day are you planning on leaving, eestlinc?

eestlinc
02-14-2010, 02:14 AM
i don't know. gotta wait at least a couple days.

Loony BoB
02-14-2010, 10:53 AM
It'll be interesting to see if anyone will do a Psy, watch all these newbies on Who's Online going into 'hidden' areas, etc.

I'd suspect anyone with the Teenage Tramp sig as a second account immediately, personally. :p

Rye
02-14-2010, 10:58 AM
It'll be interesting to see if anyone will do a Psy, watch all these newbies on Who's Online going into 'hidden' areas, etc.

I'd suspect anyone with the Teenage Tramp sig as a second account immediately, personally. :p

That Teenage Tramp thing is seriously the most Levian thing ever, aside from the giant scissors!

Lightening
02-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Being close to getting caught only makes it more fun though :D We also both have a Lightning avatar and Lightening's birthday is April 1st. :mog: I don't think anyone will notice really.

Lightening
02-14-2010, 02:15 PM

Yeah, that's how the last April Fools was figured out by some people. I make a point out of opening threads in other forums right after I've clicked threads in this forum so it'll look like I'm reading threads in public forums on Who's Online. Right now I'm on invisible though.

Rantz
02-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Good call on going invisible. ;o

Loony BoB
02-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Note to peoples: Also worth, if you're playing the newbie ring, ensuring any images are hosted by someone else. Maybe even ask people in the forums for hosting help or something.

theundeadhero
02-15-2010, 01:12 AM
I so wanna get "fired" from staff for this. Like, I make a second account and do a bunch of stuff to get it banned then after it's banned you gyus find out it was my second account and have to ban me. The only problem is I don't know what I could do tha tisn't sooo bad not to really get banned :p Alternately, you could suddenly find out I'm really the second account of some famous banned person and then have to ban me. Then I keep coming back with second account that you guys catch and keep banning much like PiP Genjistalkings.

Possible second account names: Frog Brains~ Cause I like it.
Hawt Zombie~ Female :)
Fwab~ To claim I'm really BoB's secret lover and that Danielle is a cover-up but BoB hurt me emotionally and now I'm out for all the revenge I can get :p

Del Murder
02-15-2010, 01:23 AM
You're crazy.

theundeadhero
02-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Probably...

Del Murder
02-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Leeza asked me in a pm why Levian quit. Wasn't this thread made before she left?

Psychotic
02-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Nope. I made it as a response to her quitting.

Lightening
02-15-2010, 01:57 AM
I suppose it's up to you whether you want to tell her it's an April fools joke or tell her the official reason that I quit to focus on school.

What sort of thing would your second account do that would be horrible enough to get you banned, tuh?

Shlup
02-15-2010, 08:48 PM
*snip*

Quit trying to add drama to the prank, goddammit! Keep it simple. *smacks tuh*

Shlup
02-15-2010, 09:03 PM
*snip*

Goddamn Baloki! I was like "Jesus, did they decide it was my turn while I was AFK with BJ making sweet valentine's love??"

Psychotic
02-15-2010, 09:03 PM
*snip*

Del Murder
02-15-2010, 09:08 PM
*snip*

Loony BoB
02-15-2010, 09:19 PM
*snip*

Shlup
02-15-2010, 09:45 PM
*snip*

Can we drop it now? This is an April Fool's thread, kthx.

Loony BoB
02-15-2010, 10:25 PM
So exactly which of us are staying and which are going again?

Shlup
02-15-2010, 10:58 PM
*making a final-ish schedule*

Shlup
02-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Here is the schedule. Follow it or I beat you. Add drama and die.

<s>Levian</s> - left 2/12 (reason: RL busy)
eest & Zero - go between 2/15 and 2/19 (reason: RL busy)
tuh - go between 2/21 and 2/27 (reason: RL busy)
Wolf - go between 2/28 and 3/6 (reason: RL busy)
ShlupQuack & Rantz & Shiny - go between 3/7 and 3/13 (reason: RL busy/bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: is boring)
Del Murder - go between 3/14 and 3/20 (reason: making out w/Hannah)
Psychotic - go between 3/14 and 3/20 (reason: reluctantly leaving with/shortly after Del for same reasons; all other "friends" have left because we all know Psy hates BoB)
Rye - go between 3/21 and 3/28 (reason: things are getting weird; no me or Paul to save her from BoB's molestations)
Roogle - go 3/30 or 3/31 (reason: everything is lame)
Kawaii Ryűkishi - Staying 'cause he hasn't agreed to participate and I don't feel comfortable stepping him down without his input
Loony BoB - Staying

People can swap leaving buddies or whatever, but it would probably be best if this schedule were generally adhered to. None of this "Well I thik I should leave later because I would never actually leave first," because, duh, none of us really would. Keep your official reasons for stepping down un-dramatic. Staff's official position should simply be that we're all getting older and moving on. I think it seems reasonable that staff members in a similar situation as you stepping down would inspire you to step down too. *shrug*

And that is how the joke will go. You have permission to laugh now. *foot down*

Rye
02-15-2010, 11:19 PM
So far it's been very believable, which is great. I had a few of the very regular members ask me what was going on with Levian already. It feels so weird to be in on the prank, but they all seemed like "Oooh, that makes sense, yeah" when I put forth the explanation, so I think I did a good enough job convincing them!

Shlup
02-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Should we address the idea of knighting replacements? Like, hey, the old staffers are stepping down 'cause we're all too old, so obviously going to bring in new ones? Or are we going the "EoFF is dying so we're not really worried about it" route?

On April Fools Day we can crown Daniel and Simon the King and Queen of Eyeson. :love:

Psychotic
02-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Could always *snip*, although that may complicate matters.

Shlup
02-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Well we wouldn't actually have to do it, but if someone asks about new knights we could answer:

1) there will be new ones
2) haven't really thought about new ones; Staff is kind of underworked as it is

Rye
02-15-2010, 11:40 PM
*snip*

Shlup
02-15-2010, 11:41 PM
*snip*

Rye
02-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah, save that one. The best effect would be to say that you might take on one new CK or something. People will be all crazy for that golden ticket!

Lightening
02-16-2010, 12:24 AM
I think everything will be much more believable if we get some replacements in one way or another along the road.

1. We could actually knight someone new. Like *snip* or *snip*, or even *snip*, they seemed to be our top choices in the last thread. We're low-ish in numbers, it wouldn't be weird after april 1st.

2. Or we can let one or two people in on the joke and give them a fake CK title like Psy was given shortly before he was knighted for real. *snip*

Shiny
02-16-2010, 12:25 AM
We just knighted someone. I don't see the reason why we'd have to knight another in such a short span of time.

Lightening
02-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Are you suggesting option 2 then? or are you suggesting we do nothing?

I don't think it matters how long we wait between each knighting btw. We don't desperately need a new knight right now, but then again we haven't desperately needed a knight during knighting threads since 2005 maybe. It's just fun to get new people and new perspectives in here.

Shiny
02-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Are you suggesting option 2 then? or are you suggesting we do nothing?

I don't think it matters how long we wait between each knighting btw. We don't desperately need a new knight right now, but then again we haven't desperately needed a knight during knighting threads since 2005 maybe. It's just fun to get new people and new perspectives in here.
Option Two m'lord if anything.

I think waiting between intervals is good because it doesn't come off like we're desperate for knighting people and we're so low on numbers; which I don't think we are. I guess it's on how you view it. If you don't think Admins are also moderators.

eestlinc
02-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Psychotic is going to quit because he plans to spend more time making out with Miriel?

Shlup
02-16-2010, 05:00 AM
ahahahaha I was waiting for someone to catch that.

Also, I prefer neither option one nor two. Just say that's what we're thinking about, but don't actually do it. Keep it simple.

Also also, Lev, if you are even suggesting the possibility of letting Raistlin in on an April Fool's joke I am going to smack you.

eestlinc
02-16-2010, 08:40 AM
ok someone can *snip* me now.

Loony BoB
02-16-2010, 09:49 AM
*shrug* "We're going to bring in one or two people, we're just in debate over who those two people should be". It ain't hard, folks! Some people could even leave over it. :p

Also, the schedule of people leaving in an insane amount right before April Fools makes it so obvious that by the time April Fools comes along everyone will know exactly what will happen anyway. That's the only downside of this. Anyone who doesn't figure it out is pretty deluded. :p

Shlup
02-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Way to be totally useless, Daniel. *de-mods eest and Zero*

Shlup
02-16-2010, 07:47 PM
<s>Levian</s> - left 2/12 (reason: RL busy)
<s>eest & Zero</s> - left 2/16 (reason: RL busy)
tuh - go between 2/21 and 2/27 (reason: RL busy)
Wolf - go between 2/28 and 3/6 (reason: RL busy)
ShlupQuack & Rantz & Shiny - go between 3/7 and 3/13 (reason: RL busy/bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: is boring)
Del Murder - go between 3/14 and 3/20 (reason: making out w/Hannah)
Psychotic - go between 3/14 and 3/20 (reason: reluctantly leaving with/shortly after Del for same reasons; all other "friends" have left because we all know Psy hates BoB)
Rye - go between 3/21 and 3/28 (reason: things are getting weird; no me or Paul to save her from BoB's molestations)
Roogle - go 3/30 or 3/31 (reason: everything is lame)
Kawaii Ryűkishi - Staying 'cause he hasn't agreed to participate and I don't feel comfortable stepping him down without his input
Loony BoB - Staying

Updated

Psychotic
02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Have we set up groups - not *snip* - that are basically CK and admin in all but name? ie, they still actually have THE POWER.

Reducing the mod numbers to BoB and Kishi is not going to lead to anything good. People in these groups should still be able to mod, they'll just have to sign edits in Rantzien's name so he gets the blame for everything. (Shlup's name is also acceptable. But not mine. Never mine!)

If someone already did that, cool, ignore me.

Rye
02-16-2010, 07:55 PM
cool, ignore me.

Finally! :omghey:

Shlup
02-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Rantz said he made the groups several pages ago.

Psychotic
02-16-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't read posts made by Eurotrash so that's probably why I missed it.

Rantz
02-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Yup! They are called "Cid's Knights - Invisible" and "Adm oh well you know the rest.

Edit - brb putting Psy in a "Forever Invisible" user group

theundeadhero
02-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Can someone put livingdeadgirl in the invisible I can moderate group whatever for me?

Shlup
02-16-2010, 11:09 PM
What is it with you guys playing around as girls? I *snip* her.

Rye
02-16-2010, 11:13 PM
It's like having a Real Doll!

THIS USED TO BE A PLEASANT PICTURE OF A REAL DOLL NOW IT IS NOT. SEE? PORN IN THE PORN FORUM. SUX TO BE U GUYS.

Just kidding. :jess:

Shlup
02-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Mm'kay, I made an announcement since no one else did. Hope it sounds legit; I tried.

Rantz
02-17-2010, 12:41 AM
What is it with you guys playing around as girls? I *snip* her.

Ooh, maybe I should start putting the jessica_woohoo account to use again...

I mean, maybe I should steal that account.

Rye
02-17-2010, 12:42 AM
It must have been, since Flying Mullet sent me a serious PM asking what the hell was going on, and he was staff...

I'm shocked so many people are getting convinced!

Psychotic
02-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Mullet PMed me too and I explained it all to him. I also asked him if he wanted to be part of the joke. ie, we can "admin" him on April Fool's Day.

Shlup
02-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Goddammit, Psy. I just responded to his PM without letting him on the joke and now I look like an ass.

Psychotic
02-17-2010, 12:49 AM
:greenie:

Rantz
02-17-2010, 01:15 AM
[02:08:10] <@Lysander> theundeadhero is going to leave too
[02:08:13] <@Lysander> Just saying
[02:08:23] <@Lysander> Leave or promotion to Admin
[02:08:33] <@Lysander> Actually let's make bets
[02:08:57] <@Rantzien> How much are you betting
[02:09:03] <@Lysander> $0
[02:09:10] <@Rantzien> cool
[02:10:04] <+Momiji> Everyone's leaving. :x
[02:10:40] <@rubah> 8)
[02:10:53] <@rubah> pontus isn't I don't htink
[02:11:10] <+Momiji> Calling it now, this is all part of April Fools' day.
[02:11:33] <@Lysander> That'd be hilar

First observed correct guess, I think! I'm not sure if Momiji's serious though, he seemed mostly kind of sad when I talked to him about it in private earlier.

Shlup
02-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Minus ten points to Hufflepuff!

eestlinc
02-17-2010, 05:29 AM
using second accounts to hide doesn't work if you use one with a name that can be easily linked to you, a la livingdeadgirl.

Shlup
02-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Why's that, eestlinerina?

eestlinc
02-17-2010, 07:26 AM
well it does work, i suppose, unless the point is to go undetected.

Wolf Kanno
02-17-2010, 07:45 AM
using second accounts to hide doesn't work if you use one with a name that can be easily linked to you, a la livingdeadgirl.

So my second account can't be named Fox Kaijura or Yoko Lupin? ;)

Loony BoB
02-17-2010, 01:52 PM
I agree with eest on that part. :p Also, I'm sure you were kidding, but hijacking accounts is a nono. :p

I'm so glad I'm a 'Staying' person. =x

Rantz
02-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Yes, that was a joke. xD

Psychotic
02-17-2010, 02:08 PM
I've been thinking about it and I hereby disagree with Shlup's timetable!

We all know they will think it is a joke at some point. I think the tipping point will be Kanno. We can still sell hero's as real because of the groundwork he laid in that thread and Raistlin swallowed it. So basically it's going to be 3 weeks of quittings with "YEAH WE GET IT, IT'S A JOKE" and it's gonna drag on and be kinda lame.

So I think basically we save the rest of the quittings for the last week. And totally ham it up! Come up with crazy wacky reasons for quitting, go all out, cause pretend drama and make it obvious that we're dicking about. Because of how obvious (and different to the earlier ones) our quittings will be, they'll believe the earlier ones are real.

That's when we spring the re-knightings on them. Mullet, Hsu, foa, and maybe *snip*. Now, we can either re-knight all of us and say "ha ha ha the entire thing has been planned for a year!" or re-knight some of us and confuse them as to what was real and what wasn't.

Rantz
02-17-2010, 02:21 PM
I was a bit concerned as to how we would keep it interesting after people start figuring it out and spreading the news. I think that's much better!

Rye
02-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, pig-boys got a point! I like that a lot much (no offense, Manda. <3)

Loony BoB
02-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Mullet advised me that Psy told him everything. You break too easily!

This still sounds like a replica of the 'big' prank we did a while back, to be honest. I would be stunned to see anyone fooled come mid-March, let alone the 30th/31st March.

I'm at a loss to how this whole thing will work actually. xD It always sounds fun but then fooling anyone around here would take a lot more effort than you'd think. As we figured out last time. Hmm. *dunno* Just let me know when you all decide on something? :D

Wolf Kanno
02-17-2010, 05:02 PM
I've been thinking about it and I hereby disagree with Shlup's timetable!

We all know they will think it is a joke at some point. I think the tipping point will be Kanno. We can still sell hero's as real because of the groundwork he laid in that thread and Raistlin swallowed it. So basically it's going to be 3 weeks of quittings with "YEAH WE GET IT, IT'S A JOKE" and it's gonna drag on and be kinda lame.

So I think basically we save the rest of the quittings for the last week. And totally ham it up! Come up with crazy wacky reasons for quitting, go all out, cause pretend drama and make it obvious that we're dicking about. Because of how obvious (and different to the earlier ones) our quittings will be, they'll believe the earlier ones are real.

That's when we spring the re-knightings on them. Mullet, Hsu, foa, and maybe *snip*. Now, we can either re-knight all of us and say "ha ha ha the entire thing has been planned for a year!" or re-knight some of us and confuse them as to what was real and what wasn't.

This why I thought it would be amusing if we did a few changes around the forums in the next few months to kinda add a bit of clout to some of the quitting. It doesn't even have to be joke type stuff, we can use productitvity as a means to hide the joke and just pretend certain people didn't care for it. Not to mention we could always initialize BoB's idea of kicking out unproductive members as a reason why some people left and others are leaving. We don't need to ham it up too much but I feel dropping a few red herring here and there will keep people guessing, especially if we make the quitting happen a bit more randomly.

Psychotic
02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
damnit BoB do you not read the thread? :colbert:

We know nobody at all will be fooled if we all just quit. We've said that from the beginning.

The POINT of this little exercise:
- To confuse them as to what is part of the joke and what isn't.
- To poke fun at ourselves.

Okay? Okay. :doublecolbert:

And that's why I think we have to go all out to make it obvious we are joking about certain quittings, because they'll know anyway. It can be a little bit of fun too. eg I can challenge Rantzien or Del or anyone to a Thunderdome showdown, the loser has to leave staff. Or Rye can start bitching about Kanno getting her pregnant and that's why she's leaving. WHO KNOWS. GO CRAZY. FUN. FUN ON THE INTERNET.

This why I thought it would be amusing if we did a few changes around the forums in the next few months to kinda add a bit of clout to some of the quitting. It doesn't even have to be joke type stuff, we can use productitvity as a means to hide the joke and just pretend certain people didn't care for it. Not to mention we could always initialize BoB's idea of kicking out unproductive members as a reason why some people left and others are leaving. We don't need to ham it up too much but I feel dropping a few red herring here and there will keep people guessing, especially if we make the quitting happen a bit more randomly.I hear you, but I don't think we have enough time to pull this off to have enough people quit in the 5 or so weeks that we have left. If we'd started this in November or so, it probably would've been possible, but now it's a bit too late for this imho.

Shlup
02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, pig-boys got a point! I like that a lot much (no offense, Manda. <3)

Why would I be offended? The joke wasn't my idea, I was just playing along with it. :p

If we're changing things up now, I don't care. I don't know if making the quittings obviously jokes sounds more fun than leaving at least a few dumb people freaking out over what's going on, but I'll go with it if that's what everyone else wants. Either way it's a party.

Lightening
02-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Neat idea Psy. I was wondering how we would keep things believable even through february.

Make a new schedule, your psyness!

Psychotic
02-17-2010, 07:11 PM
There is no schedule! Just hero quits next week as normal, and I am sure we will get a few people freaking out by then which is what Shlup wants, let it die down a little bit maybe, then in the last week we all go smurfing mental.

Rantz
02-17-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm considering a "fuck you guys, this place sucks now, [rant rant staff forum is an elitist treehouse rant rant usernotes went to hell rant rant], dunno if I'm ever coming back to this :bou::bou::bou::bou:hole" thread in GC, but if anyone has a better idea I'm all ears.

Shlup
02-17-2010, 08:11 PM
I say, if we're going to do it this way, tuh doesn't leave for at least two weeks. Spread the part we're playing straight-faced a little thinner.

Rye
02-17-2010, 08:56 PM
I could never see you making that thread, Rantzien. =O

I can't really see any of us saying something like that though...

Shlup
02-17-2010, 09:09 PM
I think that's the point.

Rye
02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Oh, sorry. xD I thought we were going for realistic. Ignore that post!

Shiny
02-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Mullet PMed me too and I explained it all to him.
:thumb: ....

:down:

Psychotic
02-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Did you people miss the part where I said he can be part of it? :colbert: I also intend to tell Hsu at some point too, just to break it gently to you.

Pfah! Amateurs! I would never have this sort of unprofessional behaviour at the Royal Shakespeare Company!

Shiny
02-17-2010, 09:42 PM
No, I didn't miss it I just don't give a flying shut cho mouth!

And unless you do a production of Elcor Hamlet I also don't care! :colbert:

EDIT: Oh, and just thought of a better way for Shlup to make her exit. Pretend knighting Raistlin and then her leaving in a rage.

Rye
02-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Flying Mullet is still staff in my heart. It made me feel a like a total douchenozzle to lie to him in that PM!

EDIT: Nolstagic Meloncholy, alas poor Dr. Unne, I knew him Raistlin, a fellow infinite shoeshine.

Shlup
02-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Did you people miss the part where I said he can be part of it? :colbert: I also intend to tell Hsu at some point too, just to break it gently to you.

Pfah! Amateurs! I would never have this sort of unprofessional behaviour at the Royal Shakespeare Company!

No, we didn't miss the part where you decided to start letting people in on the joke without asking what everyone else thought first.

Goddamn Europeans. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE LEFT YOU AND YOUR GODDAMN BOSSY KING BULL:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

EDIT: Oh, and just thought of a better way for Shlup to make her exit. Pretend knighting Raistlin and then her leaving in a rage.

Besides the fact that I'm *snip* with Raist being knighted, he is soooo not allowed to be in on the joke.

Psychotic
02-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah well we saved your ass in Vietnam and don't you forget it.

Shlup
02-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Too late, I don't know :bou::bou::bou::bou: about Vietnam.

theundeadhero
02-21-2010, 12:03 AM
I'll make a quitting announcement in a day or two (believable enough since I really couldn't get in here this last week) and then after that former everything me. I still plan to post as hero though. The point of invisible *snip* livingdeadgirl was to be able to see and post in rydia eest. I won' t post elsewhere with her at all. I just need to still be able to read this and mod.

Also, they already expect me to quit 'cause I posted something about it in Levian's leaving thread.

Rye
02-21-2010, 12:29 AM
*snip*

Del Murder
02-21-2010, 01:10 AM
*snip*

Shlup
02-21-2010, 01:25 AM
*snip*

Del Murder
02-21-2010, 01:31 AM
This *snip* was created in the 1960s?

Del Murder
02-21-2010, 01:34 AM
We need to jazz this prank up. Just having us all slowly leave is pretty lame. Let's make with the *snip*.

Rantz
02-21-2010, 01:43 AM
We can shove 'em in with the general insanity the last week!

Shlup
02-21-2010, 01:59 AM
I checked the Google--there were *snip* in the early 1990s.

And I'm not really interested in over-complicating this joke any further and wasting a prank that would be perfectly good for another year. If that's what everyone wants to do then go for it, but I say thumbs down.

Lightening
02-21-2010, 02:26 AM
*snip* crap is both obvious and lame at this point though, thumbs down from me too. Most of all it's obvious, I suppose. I would not mind making it more elaborate however, but I think new fake CK's are the way to go, perhaps some untraditional CK's.

Wolf Kanno
02-21-2010, 05:54 AM
We could always ban a CK or Admin and then stay horribly tight lipped about what happened to them to really throw them off.

The "Banned" members will just use second accounts or invisible secret squirrel powers for the time being.

Shiny
02-21-2010, 07:31 AM
*snip*

Loony BoB
02-21-2010, 09:54 AM
*snip*
*snip*

As for using that for a *snip* name, *takes credit* [link removed]

Pretty sure it stopped airing long before I used the name, though - it was just something that Nicky and I often referred to because it sounded cool.

Del Murder
02-21-2010, 05:43 PM
And I'm not really interested in over-complicating this joke any further and wasting a prank that would be perfectly good for another year. If that's what everyone wants to do then go for it, but I say thumbs down.
Wasting a perfectly good prank? Are we so tapped for creativity that we have to hold back to draw this crap out over many years? The *snip* thing fits in perfectly with this prank *snip*. I think it would be plainly obvious this is a joke when those like myself, Psy, you, and Rantz step down. Or Rye leaving after only being a CK for a couple weeks.

Lame is subjective. I think this prank as it stands is pretty lame. So we all step down slowly over a two month period and that's it? Not something worthy of signing my name to. I'm not saying I won't participate, I'll step down and do whatever you guys want, I'm just saying if we are going to do something it should be grander.

Psychotic
02-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Del Murder I am going to challenge you to a Thunderdome rap battle and the loser has to leave staff. FOREVER.

How do you like that for lame?

Del Murder
02-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Reminds me of the 'retirement' matches from WWE all those years ago. I like it!

Shlup
02-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Wasting a perfectly good prank? Are we so tapped for creativity that we have to hold back to draw this crap out over many years?

Yes.

I am fully aware that my opinion is subjective. I said if everyone wanted to do it that way I'd still participate. We already switched it from "everyone steps down slowly and we see who believes what for how long" to "a few step down then the rest of us act like tards for the last few days." I don't think *snip* adds anything to that, especially since we're not even attempting to trick people into believing we're all stepping down anymore.

I prefer a more subtle touch with this kind of thing and let the lulz manifest themselves, but if you're too amazing to sign your name to it then whatever. I'm not gonna be the bitch that turns down an April Fools joke; I just wanted to state my opinion on it. Lev and I think we don't need to be adding more :bou::bou::bou::bou:, you and Psy and Rantz think more is better or something. What the smurf do I care. :p

Del Murder
02-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Oh when did we switch to acting like 'tards?

eestlinc
02-22-2010, 02:12 AM
so far this is pretty lame.

Lightening
02-22-2010, 02:50 AM
So far it's still february! Come up with some ideas if you want to make it saucier.

I hope there's something more fun and more believable than *snip*. I just think it's going to waste whatever joke we have so far.

As with ideas, fake knighting someone and have them get drunk with power would be fun.

Psychotic
02-22-2010, 02:52 AM
I think people have missed the new direction that I think we should take it in.

Namely, as Shlup puts it, act like 'tards. ie, come up with crazy reasons to quit/fire people. Like what Lev said. Fake knight someone, have them act like a douche and then the person who knighted them also gets fired because they did it without consent. Mine and Del's Retirement match. Stuff like that.

Obvious? Yes. But it is also fun.

Del Murder
02-22-2010, 03:46 AM
So what do you want to do for our match Psy?

Psychotic
02-22-2010, 03:57 AM
It's got to be a rap battle. What with your famous Without Spam and my Ifrit jammin', it should be epic. Some back and forth rapping and then the good people will vote on who wins and who loses I suppose.

Also, when are we looking at hero leaving? The whole "Omg exodus!" hype seems to have died down a little so maybe in a week or so to stoke it back up for March?

Shiny
02-22-2010, 04:47 AM
Stu and I would wipe the floor with you both in a rap freestyle battle.

eestlinc
02-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Del and Psy, you just got served!

Del Murder
02-22-2010, 06:14 AM
I can't freestyle! I only write parodies.

Shlup
02-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Oh when did we switch to acting like 'tards?
A couple of pages ago. *shrug*

so far this is pretty lame.

It's February. xP

Rantz
02-22-2010, 12:23 PM
For a fake knighting, how about Momiji since he kind of guessed that it was a joke? Either him or someone else who will be quicker to catch on than the majority, like Raistlin (Shlup could knight him, which leads to her getting fired) or MILF (Rye and Psy decided on it for themselves. Del fires them both but Psy refuses and challenges Del, etc.)

Rye
02-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Huxley could probably do that really well. He's good at fake (and real!) "I will be furious in your honor!!"which could work well in that scenario. It runs in his family; his Mommy is terrifying when she is angry. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people would think that I would do that kind of thing, like randomly knight someone without consulting anyone, so that would work well.

*snip*

Loony BoB
02-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Anyone Knighted would need to be in on the joke beforehand, so that's no major problem.

theundeadhero
02-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Fire me! Fire me right now! Then I'll lash out and you can ban me! Then you can ban second accounts! <i>DO IT!</i>

*snip* was an awesome cartoon. It was about *snip* . Back in the day Cartoon Network used to have these Wonder Woman "lasso of truth" commercials where she would lasso up some old cartoons and they would admit embarrassing things, like *snip* and Aquaman would be all like, "<i/>Those aren't air bubbles"</i>.

Shiny
02-27-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't like the idea of stirring up drama with this. It may be boring to just say, "leaving staff because irl busy", but it's also less constroversial. I like the idea of eventually turning it into a joke thing where some are obviously jokes and then causing people to be like wtf, "which one is the joke and which isn't" like Psychotic mentioned earlier.

Del Murder
02-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Why can't some leave over drama and some leave for boring reasons? Let's have both.

Shlup
02-27-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't mind some quiet drama, but making a big show out of anything isn't what I was hoping for this year. I'm not personally a fan of anything that involves a staffer making a scene or getting banned. I don't mind spreading a bit of gossip though.

As I've said, I prefer to keep things relatively quiet on our end and let the members make the drama up themselves. I'm kind of surprised at those of you who aren't a fan of subtlety, as I imagined you would be. We still have to keep this up for a month for goodness sakes.

Del Murder
02-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah I don't want grand stand drama. We've done that. I meant more like quiet drama and gossip like with when *snip*. Something like that. In fact, almost exactly that.

I do agree that we started this way too early.

Shlup
02-28-2010, 12:20 AM
I approve of *snip*-level drama. xD

Del Murder
02-28-2010, 12:23 AM
If hero wants to be the ragequitter, he can voice his frustrations over whatever to some of the members he's close to, and then hope the gossip spreads. I don't want to get into a big thing where he gets banned and then there's come controversy over a staff banning, because that's exactly the 2005 prank.

Wolf Kanno
02-28-2010, 06:37 AM
This is why we should make some weird changes and then have a few people quit because of "creative differences". By weird but subtle changes, I mean *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip*.

Most could easily be just Feedback threads but we can start making some of the changes as we get closer to April 1st. The Feedback threads will throw them off about staff quitting as well as pushing VB4 and the move cause some of us "don't care for the direction". Really just silly stuff but things that don't sound too far fetch til the end.

Roogle
02-28-2010, 06:55 AM
You could just say one of us bought the site.

theundeadhero
02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
What WK posted goes along perfect with what I was thinking about earlier today for subtle ragefest. Okay, I can still get in here with livingdeadgirl so go ahead and former/former me geeze :p You guys will have to make the announcement that I'm former now just don't use any gay army excuses. I hate it when people use the army like it's my defining personality trait. It's just my job, man.

Then, I'll selectively complain to *snip* and some others over IM about how I didn't really quit I was pushed out. I'll say stuff like while I was absent they all agreed to make some changes to the site and plan to add in some features on the new vb4 that I really disagree with and when I came back I saw them and voiced my opinion against the already agreed upon by the staff changes and it started up some drama. I'll also mention how no-name some of you don't like how I always voice my opinion about things no matter how well everyone else goes along with things so you guys got frustrated with that and my "frequent absences" and pushed me out.

Then let's discuss two or three small changes about some stuff that can be changed back after the jokes over.

And I completely agree that with the staff dwindling smaller and smaller we can *snip* in two weeks. <b>That was my idea first Psy!</b> That link you posted was referencing when I brought it up as an EOFF Anniversiary joke because it was <b>two</b> years ago when I threw the idea out to you guys for April Fools. I wasn't on staff last April 1st 'cause of Iraq :p

Del Murder
02-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Don't talk back to Psy. You're fired.

Rantz
02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Alright, Dual Former'd.

Edit: I can't come up with anything good for an announcement. xD Someone else do it.

Psychotic
02-28-2010, 10:13 PM
And I completely agree that with the staff dwindling smaller and smaller we can *snip*. <b>That was my idea first Psy!</b> That link you posted was referencing when I brought it up as an EOFF Anniversiary joke because it was <b>two</b> years ago when I threw the idea out to you guys for April Fools. I wasn't on staff last April 1st 'cause of Iraq :pPost a link to prove it :colbert:

eestlinc
02-28-2010, 11:25 PM
tuh quits over mognet!

Shiny
02-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Being in the army isn't a personality trait? This is news to me.

livingdeadgirl
02-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah hero shut up Psy did bring that up first but you forgot!

Shiny
02-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Not sure if you meant to make your username obvious but livingdeadgirl is a dead giveaway that it's you.

livingdeadgirl
03-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Yeah, but she's invisible. Like a ghost. They'll never know.

livingdeadgirl
03-01-2010, 02:16 AM
I like that I can go into private feedback and read just my threads instead of every thread ever in there.
What did it used to be called though? I can't remember what TiTS stood for.

livingdeadgirl
03-01-2010, 03:39 AM
So I was messing around on the internet and Lekana said hello so I was all like I think I got fired. I was away forever and when I came back I voiced my opinions on some changes that were agreed on and some drama started and all this other stuff. Then when I logged on today I was former/former. They didn't even give me an announcement :( So she's all mad I got fired and I'm sure she'll talk about it to a few members and rumors will spread. Unfortunately krissy (not at all reno) was online so it turned into a group convo and I feel bad for tricking him. I'm sure by tomorrow Joy and Wesley will be IMing me and a select few of you will get an IM about it so be ready. I wouldn't be surprised if Wesley makes a feedrama thread about it too.

Instead of *snip* we could just tease the populous about new knights. I agree that singling people out such as momiji might make them angry and bitter but we could do stuff like make an announcement saying we're starting up a new CK tournament and we would like to hear their ideas for events and then before it starts say we can't have it anymore because there's not enough staff left to really run one. Then we can just keep building hopes up about new CKs.

Del Murder
03-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Wasn't that your name for one of the gender benders?

Shiny
03-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Drama. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing. Say it again!

Psychotic
03-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Lekana hit me up. I just said there were changings happening to a forum staffs and it had nothin' to do with me. I think she blames BoB, Shiny, Wolf Kanno and Rye. Why? I DON'T KNOW.

I just kept saying he was a loose cannon who wrecked police cruisers and he just had to have his badge taken away.

Shiny
03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
*snip* As if Kanno would do such a thing. Kanno dances with Vash the Stampede -- he can never be guilty!

It's like a mixture of The Hangover and The Bad Lieutenant. Me likes it!

Rantz
03-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Lekana hit me up. I just said there were changings happening to a forum staffs and it had nothin' to do with me. I think she blames BoB, Shiny, Wolf Kanno and Rye. Why? I DON'T KNOW.

I just kept saying he was a loose cannon who wrecked police cruisers and he just had to have his badge taken away.

xD I get the feeling she told us the same things. I just went with the "can't really talk about it" route while she outlined her theory about who did what and who was responsible.

Rye
03-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Oh my god, this is getting funny!

*snip* How oddusual and random - WK is so nice and I could never see him getting involved with that sort of drama. XD

Shiny
03-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Unless it's vidya game drama.

Rye
03-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Did you hear the stuff WK said on his LJ about Rinoa = Ultemecia? Seriously defriending went down. :stare:

livingdeadgirl
03-01-2010, 10:24 PM
*snip* She just figures he's new so he doesn't associate with me much :p

Shiny
03-01-2010, 10:40 PM
This is exactly the people I didn't want getting involved in the prank. They always blow things out of proportion. Pranks are supposed to be fun and badass, but they lose fun levels when people start boo-hooing too much. We'll see how this goes.

Del Murder
03-01-2010, 10:58 PM
The boohoo is the best part.

livingdeadgirl
03-02-2010, 03:39 AM
And of course I got the Wesley / Joy IMs today.

You can't really be upset at someone being mad I was "unjustly kicked" but throwing out names and stuff I don't know why those :p

Shlup
03-02-2010, 03:54 AM
WesM 118: Hey.
Instant Pudding: Hey
WesM 118: So I'm hearing all about how tuh was "fired" from EoFF, but so far it's all been hearsay with no real reasons. Did something happen?
Instant Pudding: No.
WesM 118: So he wasn't kicked off?
WesM 118: I tried to ask tuh but he's not responding on MSN.
Instant Pudding: I, uhm, don't understand why you'd expect me to tell you what happens in the Staff Forum.
Instant Pudding: If tuh wants to talk about it that's his business.
WesM 118: Well, if something had happened outside of the staff forum to explain it that I had completely missed (possible since I wasn't on much the past two days due to a big paper due), then you'd point that out. :p Or at least give me hints or something to mess with me.
Instant Pudding: Well I prefer to mess with you by giving you NOTHING. :D
WesM 118: FINE I HATE YOU

Wolf Kanno
03-02-2010, 05:42 AM
Did you hear the stuff WK said on his LJ about Rinoa = Ultemecia? Seriously defriending went down. :stare:

That is nowhere near as scandalizing as my LJ entry about Nomura being the missing member of Flock of Seagulls, the hair man ITS THE HAIR IN HIS DESIGNS THAT PROVE IT!!!!

I'm surprised Lekana hasn't PM'ed me about cause we have chatted in the past. Still, this is now getting much more amusing... :ffvilaugh:

Shiny
03-02-2010, 06:53 PM
You can't really be upset at someone being mad I was "unjustly kicked" but throwing out names and stuff I don't know why those :p
I call ballshot.

That is nowhere near as scandalizing as my LJ entry about Nomura being the missing member of Flock of Seagulls, the hair man ITS THE HAIR IN HIS DESIGNS THAT PROVE IT!!!!

Wait, what. I have to see this entry now. xD

livingdeadgirl
03-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Now would be a good time for someone to step down because they don't like the new direction and policies the staff are adopting and then a a day or two later someone else step down because they don't have any good friends left on staff. Someone like Roogle then Del or Rantz then Psy.

livingdeadgirl
03-08-2010, 03:25 PM
We also need to build up some excitement about getting new mods. Make an announcement saying we want to have a nother new CK competition and link to a thread asking members for ideas to use as contests and immunity rounds?

Rantz
03-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I think one or two more departures before the final week of madness would work. I can go if you want, but I don't think me leaving because of the "new directions" is very believable! xD

Edit: Yeah, maybe Del could announce that we're planning for a new CK competition, and then he leaves early in the final week leaving BoB to take the reins.

Loony BoB
03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I need Rantz to stay on so he can continue vB4 work effectively. >=(

livingdeadgirl
03-08-2010, 06:03 PM
xD

I don't care which two :p I was thinking with the new CK comp we announce it and then have to cancel it because then another two step down and we don't have enough moderators to run it. It's especially funny as part of April Fools 'cause a lot of people thought the first one was a joke but it wasn't.

Del Murder
03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm not going to 'leave' until the FF Character Tournament is over, because it would look silly to see me still running it. That won't be for another ~10 days.

After that I'll do what you guys want. I'm not really feeling this prank, but I'll participate to the extent you guys need me to. I don't want to be a debbie downer or anything.

Shlup
03-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm not really doing anything if we need someone to leave. Would it be believable for me to leave? I dunno.

Do you guys want me to leave? *cry*

Rantz
03-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I sometimes daydream of Shlup leaving and then I sigh longingly.

Shlup
03-08-2010, 11:02 PM
I... something super dirty immediately popped into my head and now I can't think about anything else.

Rantz
03-09-2010, 12:02 AM
I never knew you felt that way about me.

Psychotic
03-09-2010, 12:56 AM
I knew but I wanted it to be a surprise.

eestlinc
03-09-2010, 06:46 AM
way to fizzle this out after I leave, and then I have to "hide" being on staff for over a month.

Shlup
03-09-2010, 08:12 AM
It didn't fizzle out we like switched to the rest of us leaving at once at the end, and then when everyone comes back epic surprise.

Right?

livingdeadgirl
03-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Why?

Rantz
03-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Because this:

:monster:

Lightening
03-09-2010, 12:25 PM
we definitely should start the EoFF's next CK thing up and then cancel it or whatever. Something to spice it up a bit at least. :mog:

Rye
03-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I definitely agree with that, it'll excite things and rile people up!