PDA

View Full Version : PS3 update 3.21 problem

Rocket Edge
04-02-2010, 04:46 PM
This update came in yesterday (01 April), and since I downloaded it in, I've been unable to go online. It's really frustrating. I've tried looking around on the net but no-one seems to have a clear answer for me. This is what I did:

- Turned on the PS
- New Update appeared. I just thought, oh another update download it in and move on. But then it said go to system settings etc. etc. after I installed it
- So right now, I can't go online

To the PS3 users out there, is yours working? If so, do you know what I have to do to go online? It's my day off and I was play some COD.. :(

doeboyfresh14
04-02-2010, 07:40 PM
mine had no problems after downloading the update. i was actually playing some COD last night. I remember reading that if you run your ps3 on a different running system like linux and stuff, then you shouldn't update because it would effect you. But i just run mine like it was out of the box so i didn't read that part. :p

Bolivar
04-02-2010, 08:24 PM
I had some problems after downloading the patch. It would take me a while to log on to the PSN and after I did, I couldn't connect to the EA server when trying to play Bad Company 2 online, and I couldn't connect to the Activision server to play MW2. After a reset or two it did eventually work and things have been fine since then.

How long has this problem been/how many times have you reset?

Rocket Edge
04-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Since about 7pm yesterday, which is over 24hrs. As of now I still can't go online. Maybe I'm an idiot because I should have payed more attention to what I was changing, but I really don't know anything about Linux or anything like that. I don't even know if I'm using it? Do you have any idea what could be the problem, or a procedure how to fix/reverse this? Thanks for the help.

Bolivar
04-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Well the good news is, if you don't know anything about Linux, there's a 99.9% chance you didn't have it in the first place. You have to really go out of your way to install it, so I wouldn't be concerned. UNLESS your PS3 was used when you bought it and someone put it on there, but even then, very few people ever used it (i felt so isolated when i did :( )

This is going to be very basic and very retarded, but have you checked your other internet settings? I use wireless and it can get messed up w/o me noticing if the outlet it was plugged into got moved or something.

The last bit of advice I would give is to check the playstation forums at the official site, see if other people are posting the same problem, and what moderators are saying back to them.

I'll do a little digging myself, but that's all I can really think of for now.

edit: I saw one person say they downloaded the update to a flash drive on their computer and then plugged it into the ps3 to install it, and that got it working. It sounds weird, but it's how a lot of people actually do their updates. You can burn it to a CD as well I'd imagine. Not sure if it helps, but it's something.

JKTrix
04-02-2010, 10:59 PM
The flash drive method is a very popular way of doing it. Until fairly recently, the PlayStation Network took forever to download these large update files, rendering the game system unuseable until it was downloaded and installed. The Flash Drive method let them download it on their computer while they still had access to the game system.

You can try updating again, if you think it didn't work properly, by using that method and downloading it here: PlayStation®3 System Software | Official PlayStation website- Update features (ver 3.21) (http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/system-software/detail/item272598/Update-features-%28ver-3-21%29/;PDC4_COOKIE=qdZhL2ydDQpX6nnvdJQZRfN7dr7hqGLF6G46wGqSFY9xhWsSyhC8!1867366490)

I haven't played any online games since I updated yesterday, but I was able to sign in online and browse the PS Store without any hassle.

Rocket Edge
04-03-2010, 02:16 PM
This is going to be very basic and very retarded, but have you checked your other internet settings? I use wireless and it can get messed up w/o me noticing if the outlet it was plugged into got moved or something.
I'm guessing this is me. When it comes to this kinda stuff I'm not the brightest. :monster: For example, the PS isn't reading my NAT or IP address at all, and other laptops around the house that feed off the wireless broadband set up here isn't working anymore. Maybe I tripped something. If so, how do I go about rectifying the problem?

The last bit of advice I would give is to check the playstation forums at the official site, see if other people are posting the same problem, and what moderators are saying back to them.
I did that yesterday but again, I think the solution you mentioned above could be the answer, and from I came across it didn't seem to be a big problem to anyone else.

Rocket Edge
04-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Sorry about the DP. Fiddled around a bit and now I'm back online, albeit with a NAT 3 type, but what can you do. Thanks for the help everyone.

Bolivar
04-05-2010, 03:53 PM
good to hear!