PDA

View Full Version : PSP SD question

Yeargdribble
04-02-2010, 06:23 PM
So I want to put a bigger SD card in my PSP. Basically I want to switch the one from my phone and put it in. Well, I don't want to loose all of my precious saves. If I literally just copy and paste the contents from one card to another in Windows and then put the copied (but larger) SD card in my PSP, will it work and have all of my info or will it try to do some formatting?

If I have to format it, is there some way I can backup my saves onto my computer and then drop them into the newly formatted SD card?

NOTE: This should probably be in help, but I figured it would get noticed faster here.

VeloZer0
04-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I just bought a new SD card for my PSP and was wondering the same thing.

I guess that wasn't helpful in the least :D

Slothy
04-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't recall my card having to format. Couldn't you just test it out and see. If the PSP doesn't try to format the new card and the PC doesn't need to format the old card to read it then I see no reason that it wouldn't work. And since your PC won't (or I suppose I should say shouldn't) try to format the old card without you telling it to you shouldn't have to worry about losing your data.

JKTrix
04-02-2010, 10:54 PM
I think a bit of detail is required. I haven't really kept up with hardware changes, but as far as I know the PSP does not read the same SD cards as most cameras, rather they only took the Memory Stick Pro Duo? I guess if there was an adapter for for the SD card to fit the Pro Duo slot it would work, but that's not something I would trust myself.

In any case, you can just copy the stuff from the old memory stick to the new memory stick. Just to be sure, you should probably format the new memory stick from inside the PSP (backup whatever's on there in case you want to keep it). Any saves will work just fine if you copy them over. I could send you my own saves for a game and it would probably work. It's pretty flexible that way.

Drift
04-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah I'm assume they mean Pro DUO cards as SD cards are mainly in digital cameras...I would suggest plugging in the card to the PC first so it can read it (else format it to a different file system) and then just transfer data from your old Pro DUO stick and should work without issues.

Mo-Nercy
04-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it should be fine. I have two memory sticks and I trade data in between them all the time.