PDA

View Full Version : Wakey wakey

BarelySeeAtAll
04-03-2010, 08:29 PM
So do wake up to an alarm? If so, is it a proper alarm clock? Your phone? Do you wake up to the radio, or typical BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP? Or are you mildly creative and set certain songs to wake you up? Are you the sort of person who hits snooze, mainly because the button is just..THERE, asking you to press it?

I wake up to How Long by Hinder. Not sure if it's just the place I downloaded it from or if it's the song but it makes me jump every time. :greenie:

Brunettepudding
04-03-2010, 08:32 PM
My cell phone wakes my up every morning with Sweating Bullets by Megadeth at abooout....5:30? I usually hit snooze. My body clock wakes me at 6, but it's been laggy lately, so the alarm clock is a back-up. :D

Chloe.
04-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I only set an alam at the weekend as I need to get up to go to work, my mum wakes me up on the days in the week to get up for Sixth Form. :p I use my mobile phone as my alarm, I don't have it set to a song, just the little alarm tune thing. I do find myself hitting the snooze button on occasion, but only if I know I have the time to spend those extra few minutes in bed. :}

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/ffmaniac22/zombieforchloe.gif

qwertysaur
04-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Beep beep beep for me :zombie:

Ashi
04-03-2010, 08:39 PM
I use my phone alarm as well. It's set to some random tune that came with my phone. It does a good job of waking me but on sleepier days I snooze so often...my snooze is set for 5 mins, very disruptive but I guess to an extremely sleepy person those 5 minutes seem like heaven.

Rye
04-03-2010, 09:21 PM
I always have to change my phone alarm tones because I get used to them and sleep through them after a while. Oddly enough, putting my alarm as vibrate always wakes me up.

For the longest time, my alarm was Damaged by Danity Kane on full volume and it'd make me jump out of the bed because it was so long.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-03-2010, 09:25 PM
For the longest time, my alarm was Damaged by Danity Kane on full volume and it'd make me jump out of the bed because it was so long.

Hehe, I did that the other day with "So Cold - Breaking Benjamin" and the phone was on my desk the other side of the room. Really gets ya goin huh? :greenie:

NorthernChaosGod
04-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I use my phone and wake up to Six by All That Remains (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0pYWGjECLE).

My cell phone wakes my up every morning with Sweating Bullets by Megadeth at abooout....5:30? I usually hit snooze. My body clock wakes me at 6, but it's been laggy lately, so the alarm clock is a back-up. :D

I... I think I love you. <3

Crop
04-04-2010, 12:14 AM
I can't have a song I like as my alarm, because I end up hating that song.
I just have a random tune on my phone, but sometimes I wake up about a minute before it goes off.

PureMourning
04-04-2010, 12:28 AM
I use my cell phone's generic tone. I wake up around 5:45AM Mon-Fri!

Raistlin
04-04-2010, 12:36 AM
I just use my cell phone, and it's just a loud obnoxious ringing. The more irritating it is the more likely I will be to hurry out of bed.

Psychotic
04-04-2010, 12:37 AM
I use my phone and it beeps like fuck and vibrates too and it's never failed to wake my ass up.

Chris
04-04-2010, 01:16 AM
I had a Homer Simpson alarm clock, but it freaked my birds out, so I tossed it. I've never had much trouble getting up at the right time. My internal alarm clock runs smoothly-ish. :p

Jiro
04-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Devils Never Cry from Devil May Cry 3. That's my alarm :cool:

Parker
04-04-2010, 01:26 PM
De la Rocha screaming "WAKE UP" from the RATM song of the same name......I greet every morning with a revolutionary fist pump :cool:

*Laurelindo*
04-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I usually have my cell-phone play the Stickdeath version of "Turkey in the Straw", a.k.a. "Ice Cream Van" - needless to say, it works pretty well. XD

Rebellious Eagle
04-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I have a stupid alarm clock that beeps annoyingly when I have to get up and doesn't include a snooze button. >.>

BarelySeeAtAll
04-04-2010, 10:40 PM
I can't have a song I like as my alarm, because I end up hating that song.
I just have a random tune on my phone, but sometimes I wake up about a minute before it goes off.

I might be heading the same way :eek: Any song I've had before as an alarm makes me jump if I hear it on a playlist :mad:

Rodarian
04-04-2010, 11:04 PM
My cellphone always tries to wake me up with the sound of an electric synthesized birdie....

rubah
04-05-2010, 02:36 AM
cell phoooooooooooone.

I remember my first roommate freshman year. She had this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikTLuN7Whd8#t=2m11s) as her alarm and I heard it every morning at 6am.

Jessweeee♪
04-05-2010, 02:47 AM
My cell phone wakes me up with a song. It was Tool's Aenima for a long time, but I thought something less dark would be better and changed it xD

YouTube - Boom Boom Satellites - Def (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxF5GJVQxZw)

I really like it. From now on I'm just going to use songs that are smooth but energetic so I wake up, but I'm not all like OH GOD I HATE THIS SOUND SO MUCH I HATE YOU I'M GOING TO GO BACK TO SLEEP.

Pheesh
04-05-2010, 03:25 AM
My alarm goes BEEP BEEP BEEP, and in case that doesn't work; 15 minutes later I hear Maynard yell "SUCK AND SUUUUUCCCKKKKK!!"

And then I'm up :D

Shlup
04-05-2010, 06:03 AM
I use my cell phone. The sound it makes is horrid.

NorthernChaosGod
04-05-2010, 07:22 AM
De la Rocha screaming "WAKE UP" from the RATM song of the same name......I greet every morning with a revolutionary fist pump :cool:
That's actually pretty damn epic. Well played.

Zeldy
04-05-2010, 01:47 PM
I have two alarms. I've started using my phone alarm, and it plays the song by KoRn - Earache In My Eye, it certainly wakes me up. I stupidly put my phone like right next to my pillow though so, yeah, it wakes me up but its soooooo easy to just press 'snooze'. Or I'll use my actual clock's alarm, which is really annoying as it's BURRR BURRR SEVEN AM BURRR BURR SEVEN AM and all I have to do is reach over and hit the big button and it snoozes for 10 whole minutes - ah bliss, my phone's only 5.

I used to have this amazing Barbie alarm when I was younger, It was like "Hi, I'm Barbie, you should wake up as we have so many cute things to do today!" over, and over and over again. My brother's was the best, it was soldier and it played the most amazing tune and to turn it off you hit his helmet, it was legendary, it woke everyone in the house it was so loud.

rubah
04-05-2010, 02:57 PM
my phone was on vibrate for some reason this morning, but luckily it still woke me up xD Perhaps better than with my alarm, truth be told!

Jess
04-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I use my phone as an alarm! It's just an alarm tone, and it's set for 06:00. I usually press snooze once, and get up at 06:10 - but I'm trying to get out of the habit of snoozing because I usually feel more tired after snoozing then if I just get up straight away at 6am.

Rase
04-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Used to use my cell phone. However, now that I need to wake up earlier I use my alarm clock on it's radio setting. It's loud enough to jolt me from sleep after only 5 hours.

cloud21zidane16
04-05-2010, 10:38 PM
YouTube - Elephants - Them Crooked Vultures (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2zIMyjQh8s)
This song usually makes me jump up pretty fast to turn it off from my phone:D I also have my radio alarm come on about 20 minutes later incase I fall back to sleep, not often needed though.

Breine
04-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I have an alarm on my phone, which is what I use. I haven't used a proper alarm clock in years now.

kotora
04-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I have one that makes the sound of chirping birds. Plus it has one of those lights that slowly grow brighter, makes it much nicer to wake up than those :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty loud alarms.

Rantz
04-07-2010, 10:52 AM
I use my cellphone. I use various songs for alarms, I just have to change them from time to time because after a few months of waking up to the same song my brain starts kind of... ignoring that song. Currently it's Alexi Murdoch - Song For You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI_9czYEY4s).