PDA

View Full Version : What If They Had Made It To Baron?

Yar
04-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Let's just Leviathan just like... didn't show up. He had an important summoned monsters conference to attend. Cecil, Yang, Rydia and Edward make it to Baron and get Cid to give them an airship...

How does the story unfold from here? :greenie:

qwertysaur
04-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Cagnazzo would have killed them because Prorm and Palom would not be there to stop the trap, and if they had lived nobody would have been there to save them in the Dwarven Castle when Golbez was dominating the fight with the party :(

Also Cecil would not become a Paladin and be stuck with the equipment he had on for the rest of the game. D:

No.78
04-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Stop it! You're making the plot convoluted!

qwertysaur
04-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Leviathan: "Hey asura, wasn't I supposed to do something yesterday?"

Asura happy face: "I'm sure it was nothing, wait..."

Asura sad face: "...You were supposed to show up in the ocean and get the little girl. Now the world, the world..."

Asura Angry face "DOOMED YOU FOOL!"

Ifrit, Rahuh and Shiva: :|

VeloZer0
04-04-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm going to say Cazzigno kills them.
I mean Child Rydia & Edward vs. Tellah, Parom and Porum? Not even close.

Lets try to spin a happy happier ending:
- They fight Cazzigno, unfortunately he is weak to the dark sword and gets killed.
- They get the airship
- Golbez doesn't consider sending Cecil to get the crystal because he didn't see his potential as turning inot a paladin.
- While Golbez and Barbricia go kick the crap out of the Dark Elf Cecil and co. sneak into the tower of Zot, knock Kain out and drag him back to the airship. They also get Rosa back. Edward trips and kills himself because he is such a wuss, freeing up party space for Rosa & Kain. They also steal the other three crystals back. EDIT: Forgot about Cid. He goes back to Baron to work on a new airfleet to fight Golbez.
- The party decides to head to Mysidia to learn more about the crystals.
- Once there the elder tells him about the trial of mount ordeal he must overcome. He sends Parom & Porum with him like before. Kain comes too because they are BFFs. Rydia and Rosa stay to learn more, and Yang stays because they need an empty party spot for Tellah.
- Once on Mt. Ordeal they meet Tellah (surprise!)
- Mallon decides he has no hope of taking them on with Kain along with the original party. He sends waves of zombies to wear them down first.
- The mages stay outside to hold off the zombies while Kain and Cecil continue inside. Golbez assumes control of Kain once again and takes Cecil unawares. As he is about to finish Cecil off Kluya's spirit intervenes, transforming Cecil into a Paladin and completely removing Golbez's control from Kain.
- Outside Mallon has decided to engage the three mages, as he knows Kain has Cecil occupied. Just as he is about to overwhelm them the twins cast a massive twin spell, destroying the mountain side containing both them and Mallon.
- Cain emerges carrying an unconscious Cecil and finds only Tellah and signs of massive devastation.

Whew..., that one got away from me a little bit. Maybe I should take some time to think through were I am going with all of this :)
Stay tuned for Ch2...

Hot Shot
04-14-2010, 06:31 PM
LOL, nice one Velo! But in if Leviathan hadn't attacked Cecil would have been useless later on in the game because Darkness cannot beat the four fiends and the final boss (And some other enemies of course). Rydia would have still been a little girl and a crappy summoner/mage, but she would still have had white magic (albeit at a very crappy level). Palom and Parom would not have been there to save the party from Cagnazzo's trap, but they themselves would be safe as they would not have needed to turn themselves to stone. I haven't played IV in such a long time and dont remember everything about the story, so I cannot foresee what else could possibly happen.

Hollycat
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
A break in the time space continuim unfolds, causing Ling Tong to appear and go Chinese on there Chibi butts, Then Cao Cao and Lu BU are fused to gether to create Megaman who comes down and builds a radio that summons Optimus Prime, whos Alien body creates a Virus that infects Cagnazzo, turning him into a super sayan, and cactuars evolve early and rain down uppon the earth the end

Storm
07-08-2010, 07:52 PM
You would have faced Baigan and Cagnazzo at the same time with Cecil, Edward, Rydia and Yang. You surely would have died. And if by some miracle the party survived that fight, they definitely would have been crushed.

KainHighwind
01-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I think they would have survived the walls closing in without the Twins. Rydia summons Titan. Done.

Roogle
01-10-2011, 11:26 PM
It might be interesting to play through the Baron portion of the game with a party of Cecil, Rydia, Edward, and Yang to see how far you can get. The team is certainly limited because of the equipment restrictions for Cecil and Edward.

I would imagine that Cecil would wind up in Mysidia somehow regardless of the events unfolding in Baron.

KainHighwind
01-11-2011, 05:55 AM
I would imagine that Cecil would wind up in Mysidia somehow regardless of the events unfolding in Baron.

Of course, with it being his destiny and all.