PDA

View Full Version : I cracked the code!

No.78
04-04-2010, 11:46 PM
We all know that some of the espers are blatant references to former FF villains, but did anyone consider that they all are?

I'm a massive geek and decided to compile this:

Belias= Gabranth
Chaos= Garland
Zalera= Sephiroth & Jenova
Zeromus= Zemus
Hashmal= Jecht
Ultima= Lady Lilith
Exodus= ExDeath
Cuchulainn= Kefka Palazzo
Shemhazai= Ultimecia
Adrammelech= Kuja
Famfrit= The Cloud of Darkness
Mateus= Emperor Mateus Palamecia
Zodiark= Orphan :zombie:

Discuss.

Feel free to unleash your rage.

qwertysaur
04-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Ultima = St Ajora/Altima from FFT

PuPu
04-05-2010, 02:16 AM
I would really like to know how you came to these conclusions.

Sephiroth
04-05-2010, 02:19 AM
Cuchulainn= Kefka Palazzo

That's probably the best thing I have read today.

Yar
04-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Ehh, you're close...

I give you one :up: up.

BG-57
04-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Half of the Espers on your list appear as Lucavi demons in FFT, as was mentioned in passing, and they retain similar appearances to their FFT counterparts. Zodiark is the only Esper that appears as a summon instead of the boss. The other Espers such as Mateus don't appear directly, although the Zodiac stones that can summon them do. Turns out if the human that posseses the stone is pure of heart, the Lucavi doesn't take them over.

I'm not saying that some of these Espers aren't references to previous FF villains (Exodus is clearly X-Death as you suggested), but many of them are simply villains from the same game.

KentaRawr!
04-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Wasn't Famfrit in FFTA? :0

Bolivar
05-03-2010, 04:02 AM
I think a lot of this is correct. I know one of them was known as "The Darkening Cloud' i don't remember if that was Famfrit as you suggested.

Sephiroth
05-03-2010, 07:05 PM
The other Espers such as Mateus don't appear directly

Mateus is the final summon of Tactics Advance with just another name. Like Exodus is in Tactics Advance as well but as a tree.

BG-57
05-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I was talking about FFT, not FFTA.

But to be sure most if not all of the Espers appear in other games of the FF series.

Fynn
05-04-2010, 10:55 PM
As far as I remember, five of the Espers were named after the first five final bosses of FF, so Chaos was confirmed as FFI's Chaos, Mateus is the Emperor, Famfrit is the Cloud of Darkness, Zeromus is... well, Zeromus, and Exodus is Exdeath. I'm not sure how you came to assume the rest, though...

DarkOrigins
05-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Addramalech as Kuja just makes no sense to me.

Draniei
07-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Wouldn't Orphan be based off of Zodiark because Zodiark came first?

razorrozar7
07-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Uncertain how you get Jecht out of Hashmal... could you perhaps clarify some of these?

The Zalera=Sephiroth/Jenova thing is pretty brilliant though. Though the description reverses their positions-- Zalera was the mighty immortal, and the shamaness actually his unwilling hostage-- the character design matches nearly perfectly, IMO.