PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice, please :)

silverjunky
04-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi, I have seen a lot of youtube vids and read a lot about this game and it is definitly one I want to play (especially as I have played every other ff game numerous times) however im a bit unsure and need some advice.

I dont have a ps3 yet, im certainly willing to buy one, but what i need to know is does it support dvd's, aswell as blu-ray? Cause i watch all my dvd's on my ps2. Also another thing i cant confirm anywhere is the ps3's internet abilities; does it have wireless internet capability or do you have to plug it in with an ethernet cable?

Next, I dont have an HDtv, only a normal flat screen and I have read on Gamefaq's that ff13 wont play on a normal tv, is this true? cause otherwise im scuppered. I cant afford a ps3, the game, AND a hdtv, lol This is whats worrying me the most, cause I do really wanna play this game lol

Any help would be appreciated. :)

thanks,

Alex

p.s oh yeah if it turns out i can get the game, should I buy the official guide (ive got one for most every other game and find them very useful), to anyone who has it, is it worth getting? cheers x

Sephiroth
04-05-2010, 12:14 AM
You can use it as DVD player as well. And you can use WLan as well as an ethernet cable.

And Final Fantasy XIII works on a normal TV as well.

And the Final Fantasy guides itself are never worth buying if you want correct informations and help because they don't have 100% of the Final Fantasy information in it and they contain many mistakes. It is only nice looking merchandise. If you need help just ask someone but don't buy a guide for it.

VeloZer0
04-05-2010, 12:22 AM
I would recommend looking up the information you need of of the internet instead of buying a guide.

The 360 also plays DVDs, so I would look at the game libraries of each to decide which to get, as FFXIII is multi platform.

silverjunky
04-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Hey thanks, all my questions answered in a few minutes. cheers. Ill definitly be buying the console and game. Thankyou!

I just though of another question: do you need to buy anything extra for the ps3? like memory cards and whatnot? that always annoys me when you buy something and it doesnt have everything you need with it, meaning you have to wait to get the extras and cant use the damn thing straight away, know what I mean?! lol

thanks

VeloZer0
04-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Only thing that the PS3 can't do it read PS1/2 memory cards. You can create virtual cards on the hard drive and save new game data to it, but if you want to import saved data from your old games you need a memory card adapter. If you look you can find them for ~$15. And you will use it exactly once it's entire life.

silverjunky
04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Hey thanks, Im not bothered about playing any older games on the ps3, i have my ps2 f that. Although it is a bit suck thats this playstation out of all of them isnt backwards compatable, does nyone know why? Oh and it turns out my tv is HD aswell, so ive ordered some hdmi cables aswell. Am getting the game on the 8th and the console on the 9th, cant wait.

VeloZer0
04-05-2010, 03:43 PM
It was backwards compatible, but that was one of the features they cut to lower the cost of the system. Though they are a lot cheaper, the PS3s they are making now are a far cry from the earlier models they released.

Mo-Nercy
04-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Oh and it turns out my tv is HD aswell, so ive ordered some hdmi cables aswell.
As another word of advice, just get the cheapest HDMI cable you can find. I got mind online for about 15 bucks and haven't looked back. I've heard that Monster sells 'em for about $200 which really isn't worth it since they all work the same way and produce the same quality picture.

CNET guide to HDMI cables. (http://reviews.cnet.com/hdmi-guide/)