PDA

View Full Version : Cidolfious the Lamest.

Goldenboko
04-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Who would you say is your least favorite Cid?

I was very let down with FFVIII's idea of a Cid. Cid is suppose to be an awesome badass who screams at me to drink my god damn tea and creates airships. Not an old withered headmaster who never was and never is very useful. :(

qwertysaur
04-05-2010, 12:26 AM
He has really good cards though!
Cid of the Lufaine is my least favorite, if only because he died before you got to meet him :|

VeloZer0
04-05-2010, 12:27 AM
I am going with FFVIII as well. He didn't really have any connection with being an engineer at all. I can't say I was very partial to XII either.

Sephiroth
04-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Cid in Final Fantasy VII. He acts like the primitive human being he is. And later he regrets it. "Oh no, why have I been so rude to my assistant?" And what's the matter with his cigarette? Does it make him cooler? No, it doesn't. Thinking that smoking makes you cooler is idiotic.

Slothy
04-05-2010, 12:51 AM
And what's the matter with his cigarette? Does it make him cooler? No, it doesn't. Thinking that smoking makes you cooler is idiotic.

The dude smokes while in and/or working on a rocket loaded with rocket fuel. Such flagrant disregard for basic safety procedures is just badass.

FFVIII had the lamest Cid though. I honestly wanted to kill that guy because he was so useless. "Why don't I let the 18 year old recent graduate with little real experience lead the Garden because I'm a big useless pansy."

Yep, lamest of them all.

Sephiroth
04-05-2010, 12:56 AM
The dude smokes while in and/or working on a rocket loaded with rocket fuel.

Like I said. Idiotic.

And when I say something bad about Final Fantasy VII it really has to be idiotic. He does not look cool and except a few lines his character is not cool as well. He has a great dream. That's the only thing I like.

Depression Moon
04-05-2010, 12:58 AM
I can't believe the vII and VIII hate in here. to me it seemed like XII's Al-Cid left us with the least impression. He was hardly in the story and didn't even look like a Cid.

Sephiroth
04-05-2010, 01:01 AM
I can't believe the vII and VIII hate in here. to me it seemed like XII's Al-Cid left us with the least impression. He was hardly in the story and didn't even look like a Cid.

The Cid in Final Fantasy XII is Cidolfus Demen Bunansa and not Al-Cid from Rozzaria. And the Cid of Final Fantasy XII was probably one of the best Cids ever.

PuPu
04-05-2010, 01:48 AM
What. FFXII has two cids, and both are pretty awesome.

Lamest Cid is either FFIV or FFVII Cid, because they have practically the same personality.

Raistlin
04-05-2010, 01:59 AM
Cid Highwind is a badass and you all are heathens.

I gotta go with VIII's Cid, as well, but that might just be my dislike of the game in general showing through.

Goldenboko
04-05-2010, 02:36 AM
The dude smokes while in and/or working on a rocket loaded with rocket fuel.

Like I said. Idiotic.

Correction. Badass. Any engineer could work calmly on a spaceship. Cid can while risking his life, drinking his tea, and cursing angrily at the nuts and bolts as he screws them with his spear.

Sephiroth
04-05-2010, 02:39 AM
Correction. Badass. Any engineer could work calmly on a spaceship. Cid can while risking his life, drinking his tea, and cursing angrily at the nuts and bolts as he screws them with his spear.

You cannot correct me. It is my opinion at this is not of your business. This is not cool or "badass" like you would say.

PuPu
04-05-2010, 02:42 AM
What it is, is unoriginal, considering that it's almost the same as FFIV Cid.

Goldenboko
04-05-2010, 02:50 AM
What it is, is unoriginal, considering that it's almost the same as FFIV Cid.

In that case. FFIV is bad too, because the idea of Crystals originated from FFI, and FFIII. It's just paying homage which is cool, but saying it's almost the same as FFIV Cid is pretty inaccurate, hell the only thing they have in common is being a builder of ships and being loud.

You cannot correct me. It is my opinion at this is not of your business. This is not cool or "badass" like you would say.
...chill.

EDIT: Oh and another similarity would be joining the party, but if you consider that similarity then we're just spinning our wheels already xD

VeloZer0
04-05-2010, 02:51 AM
IV and VIII seemed very different to me. In FFIV he was a father figure type of person and in FFVII he was some asshole who you felt was going to kick everyone's ass around him.

PuPu
04-05-2010, 02:58 AM
In that case. FFIV is bad too, because the idea of Crystals originated from FFI, and FFIII.

This whole "magical crystals" idea is a bad idea and has been reused by SE too often. Luckily the Crystals aren't a major part of FFIV's story, since they're soon virtually forgotten about after the first 1/4 of the game.

It's just paying homage which is cool,

And it starts being uncool when it's repeated.

but saying it's almost the same as FFIV Cid is pretty inaccurate, hell the only thing they have in common is being a builder of ships and being loud.

Same bad attitude and personality, too.

EDIT: Oh and another similarity would be joining the party, but if you consider that similarity then we're just spinning our wheels already xD

Yeah, it's just too bad that this similarity is not enough to make a major impact on anything in the game.

Vermachtnis
04-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Why so serious Sephi?

I'm going with the Banana Condom Cid, the jerk croaked and made me feel bad.

Goldenboko
04-05-2010, 03:00 AM
I'm done debating now that there was a negative comment about FFIV's Cid. May his beard have mercy on your soul.

PuPu
04-05-2010, 03:04 AM
I'm done debating now that there was a negative comment about FFIV's Cid.

Your actions don't match what you say in your posts. :|

Wolf Kanno
04-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Toss up between VI and VIII Cid's.

Like many have stated VIII's Cid is a bit of a non-entity and the same pretty much went with VI's Cid whose greatest accomplishment in the game in terms of story was dying.

I may also add XIII's Cid. He was poorly utilized in the game and snuffed out before he could really do anything.

Goldenboko
04-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Yes he did die early, but I really feel that Cid inspired the party in that game. He reentered the storyline when the party's most vocal leader (Snow) was feeling doubt, and Cid reaching Crystal form despite failing his focus snapped the party back on track

blackmage_nuke
04-05-2010, 05:53 AM
Cid from VII is awesome due to his running animation.

I have no idea what Cid from VIII was doing so I guess he's my least favourite. Although i only like Cid from IX when he was in Frog form, oglop form and human form didnt apeal to me.

VeloZer0
04-05-2010, 06:26 AM
This whole "magical crystals" idea is a bad idea and has been reused by SE too often. Luckily the Crystals aren't a major part of FFIV's story, since they're soon virtually forgotten about after the first 1/4 of the game.
Um... wasn't virtually the whole game until you go to the moon about keeping Golbez from the crystals?

Karifean
04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
If XII's Al-Cid counts, Al-Cid. If not, VIII's.

black orb
04-05-2010, 04:19 PM
>>> FF6 Cid, he appears in the game like, 2 times?..:luca:

Jessweeee♪
04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
FFVIII's Cid was lame, but I found that to be endearing! I suppose my least favorite is FFIXs, but I didn't dislike him. Just my least favorite out of all of them. xD

This thread makes me want to play FFXII again just so I can see the coolest Cid ever :(

Rase
04-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Cid from FFIII never struck me as particularly engaging.

No.78
04-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Omg all this serious bsns debate is really dull, guys.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to go with VIII Cid too. He really was quite boring. Otherwise Al-Cid from XII, I never really liked him. His voice actor annoyed me, he was overused in X and not very good imo. That probably smudged my judgment slightly.

Ezme
04-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I agree with No.78, VIII's Cid and Al-Cid a'la XII, he was just annoying more than anything, and poorly developed. I did however like X's cid.

Depression Moon
04-05-2010, 08:52 PM
One thing I also noticed about the Cids is that they almost always have a family relationship with at leas tone of the cast members. In IV he was Rosa's father, in VI Celes' Grandpa, in VIII he was the matron's wife, who the matron seemed to be a mother like figure to the orphaned cast so would that have made him the father figure? In IX he was Garnet's uncle and in X he was Yuna's uncle. He played father again in XII to Balthier

Edit: Deathly Moan???

Wolf Kanno
04-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Yes he did die early, but I really feel that Cid inspired the party in that game. He reentered the storyline when the party's most vocal leader (Snow) was feeling doubt, and Cid reaching Crystal form despite failing his focus snapped the party back on track

!!!!WARNING MAJOR XIII SPOILERS!!!!

I know that but I feel the abrupt "betrayal plot twist" combined with the whole "you inspired me to actually be the guy you thought I was" was poorly implemented and the whole thing sorta felt like the writer was trying to tie up that loose end and basically pulled a BS story twist to quickly sweep him under the rug. A few good chapters were being used to build him up for great things and I feel he never lived up to them and was poorly utilized in the end. He had potential to bring a lot of depth in the story and I felt he was used for merely a cheap emotional ploy on the player. They could have at least built up his betrayal and him finally turning against his Focus but it all comes crashing down at once in Chapter 10. At least he was a fun boss fight.

Its my same problem with VI's Cid, beyond the whole scene where he can die, he really isn't that important of a figure in the story despite all the background info and basic elements of the character saying he should be a greater figure in the story cause what he's been doing in the background has had a profound effect on the plot despite the plot never directly referencing or delving into it. He could have easily been a major player in the plot but basically got shafted like many of VI's NPCs.

arcanedude34
04-06-2010, 04:10 AM
You know, I can't say I much liked any Cid.
I's was non-existent, and made me sit through the crappy Dissidia storyline somehow DESPITE not being existent
II's had no personality to speak of
III's was in my party for all of five minutes, blew up his airship, then stole my elixer
IV's was okay until the creepy DS model D: The way he wiggles his body is not natural... and those lips! O_O
V's looked llike a hippy and was the cause of Mid, little brat
VI's looked like a used, chewed-up condom, and was on the bad guy's side
VII's yelled at me to drink tea D:
IX's is probably the best, no real complaints here
X's was a southerner. And I hate them southerners. (Relax, I kid. Though I did find him annoying. Plus he spawned Rikku >:()
XII's were both annoying
XIII's was also fairly decent, so no complaints here

Though I would say Tactics Advance has a pretty notable Cid, for being a drunk. WOOOO.

Rebellious Eagle
04-06-2010, 09:12 PM
V's looked like a hippy and was the cause of Mid, little brat

I'm not the only one who thinks that? :O
I agree with VIII being a lame Cid. He was too weak to be any good. And VI's Cid was also pathetic. He was with the Empire and died from eating a "rotten" fish. I mean, seriously?

Sephiroth
04-06-2010, 09:18 PM
died from eating a "rotten" fish. I mean, seriously?

He doesn't have to die when you give him enough yummy fish.

Forsaken Lover
04-08-2010, 10:51 PM
The hatred for Al-Cid disturbs me.

Did you not see his charm, his KARIZZZMAAAA?
Did you not hate and loathe yourself as you watched him walk up to Ashe and exude the sexy that you could never have?

Obviously the dislike for Al-Cid is because of two things.
1. Jealousy
2. The..."feelings" he stirs in all the previously straight arrow men.

Sword
04-09-2010, 01:49 AM
It's been said already. Al-Cid isn't FFXII's Cid. It's the badass who didn't get enough screen time. Best Cid ever.

My least favourite is VI.

Forsaken Lover
04-09-2010, 01:57 AM
You realize what you're saying is
"The guy with Cid in his name isn't Cid."

Al-Cid is FFXII's Cid, along with Dr. Cid.

Sword
04-09-2010, 02:26 AM
There is also another character who has the name Cid, Al-Cid Margrace, a member of the ruling family of Rozarria. Unlike Dr Cid, Al-Cid is on the same side as the player team; however, he isn't officially the Cid of Final Fantasy XII, as only Doctor Cid has been confirmed by Akitoshi Kawazu and Yasumi Matsuno in interviews as being the official Cid of the game.
I know anyone can edit the wiki but if it's been confirmed then there you go. Al-Cid was only Cid by name anyway. He wasn't an engineer/inventor/airship owner/father figure etc. so I don't see how he would ever qualify.

I believe it was the great philosopher Christian Bale how said "THINK for one fucking second". :eep:

Tokimadoushi
04-12-2010, 07:19 AM
My only question is why they had to spoil the awesome mad scientist Cid of XII with Al-Enrique Iglesias-Cid...

But if I had to choose a least favorite Cid, I'd have to go with II, XIII and VIII, in that order...

II: He had to get rescued with the Princess. I can think of a word starting with a G.
XIII: He's called Raines. Not Cid. He's a doofus. Enough said.
VIII: Something about him just whispers sex predator, I don't know why. I thought his inexplicable fondness of Squall was maybe because he was his father, but I was later proven wrong. And why does he have Seifer's card...?
Apologies if this has been pointed out already, but Cid Kramer DID design the mobile Garden, so in a way he is connected with engineering/airships/moving military academy vehicle things.

Laddy
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Robin Williams, I mean Cid Kramer.

Tokimadoushi
04-13-2010, 09:39 AM
He looks so much like Robin Williams its creepy! I think that's why I disliked him even more...I hate Robin Williams.:mad:

Forsaken Lover
04-13-2010, 01:44 PM
I hate Robin Williams.:mad:

Even Jesus could not forgive you for this.

Dr. Acula
04-14-2010, 12:09 PM
I hate Robin Williams.:mad:

Even Jesus could not forgive you for this.

I agree. Robin Williams is awesome. In fact, the only thing I liked about FFVIII's Cid is the fact that he looked so much like him.

Crop
04-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Anyone who said that VII's Cid was rubbish is wrong. There is no opinion on the matter.

I want to be like Mr Highwind when I grow up.