PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving..

Crop
04-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Well this is it EoFF, I'm off. I've been really busy the past few weeks and EoFF is ruining my life, so I'm leaving for X months and not even going to come online in case I cannot help myself and spend hours on here and fuck up my life.

Just kidding of course, can you feel the sarcasm?
My point of this thread is what your opinions are on just outright quitting forums? I personally think it's stupid, usually when you quit you're going to want to come back but oh no, it's too late! You've posted a leaving thread! I think quitting is a bit ott no matter what your situation.
I've left EoFF and other forums for months at a time, but have never posted a leaving thread, incase I want to come back every now and again and post.

So, my questions to you all, my brothers and sisters, is:
What are your opinions on leaving, and more importantly - leaving threads?
Have you ever outright quit a forum before? For what reason?

Agent Proto
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Well, once you've developed a reputation at any forums, the harder it is to leave outright. I've posted at several forums at once, and I've decided to stop posting at most of them, because it was hard to keep up with so many at once. I even left EoFF and haven't posted for about a year, but eventually I returned. I think it was last year's CK competition, that I fully came back.

ANYWAY, aren't "I'm leaving" threads banned here? There's really no point to them since the posters almost always return! :D

Jiro
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
You can never really quit EoFF. It embeds itself in you, somehow, someway, and stays there, forever.

Quitting threads are great for when you're angry and want to cause a scene. But when you eventually return, you look like a dick. Not worth the effort to "leave" and return again.

Pheesh
04-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Oh wow...really?

I left for quite a while, but I definitely would never have made a leaving thread about it. Seems like you'd be drawing unnecessary attention to yourself, and there's also the highly probable chance that you're not nearly as important as you think you are.

Goldenboko
04-05-2010, 02:46 PM
"I'm leaving" threads are just to garner attention in my opinion. Real members go out in a blaze of bannation glory.

qwertysaur
04-05-2010, 04:01 PM
I tend to ignore I'm leaving threads. I usually miss the people who just randomly stop posting more anyway :p

Unbreakable Will
04-05-2010, 04:03 PM
You can never really quit EoFF. It embeds itself in you, somehow, someway, and stays there, forever.
I've left for maybe a month but simply because I didn't have the time due to school and such. I just can't stay away from EoFF. :p

Peegee
04-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks Crop. If I remember this tonight I have a few forums (and one in particular) I'm going to be posting 'quitting' threads on.

Gobo got it right though - you can only quit EoFF in a blaze of banned glory.

Raistlin
04-05-2010, 04:44 PM
"Leaving forever" threads are overly dramatic, immature responses used simply to garner attention. Just leave. And there's no reason to arbitrarily enforce the "forever" part on yourself, because you don't know how you'll feel in 6 months or a year. If you want to keep staying away after that, then by all means keep staying away.

However, I have no objection to doing something obnoxious yet entertaining to get banned. If you're going to do something, at least make it interesting.

Psychotic
04-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I've never left a forum forever. Sometimes I get bored or plain forget to go there anymore, but I've never gotten that angry or whatever to want to leave.

Freya
04-05-2010, 06:25 PM
I've "left" eoff a few times, usually cause of health reasons where I couldn't spend that much time online much less eoff.

"I'm leaving" threads are lame. They are just drawing attention to themselves. Someone told me if you leave, get rid of your sig and avatar so people know you mean business!

Flying Mullet
04-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry, "I'm leaving" threads aren't allowed.

*closes Psychotic*

Cuchulainn
04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
"I'm leaving" threads are just to garner attention in my opinion. Real members go out in a blaze of bannation glory.

That one

No.78
04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't understand why people even feel the need to 'leave' a forum. Do I have to post a thread if I don't feel like posting for a couple of days? Isn't that actually contradictory.

Sorry, I sound like an asshat. But... I just don't get it. Until a couple of days ago I hadn't been on this site in about two years.

Rase
04-05-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm only a part of this forum, so I haven't had an opportunity to "leave" a forum. I've popped off here time and again, and may well do it again. I'm sure one time I'll just fade away and never end up coming back, but I hope no one notices.

Rodarian
04-05-2010, 09:00 PM
I was inactive for nearly two years or so before I start re posting again about a year back.

If was only when BoB's email popped up when I realize that I missed posting on here. All the craziness is happiness for me.

theundeadhero
04-07-2010, 02:44 AM
Hey everyone I'm leaving until tomorrow. I'm serious! :mad2:

Jessweeee♪
04-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Sometimes you just gotta quit something cold turkey! I've tried leaving a dozen times but I think the longest I've ever stayed away was two to four weeks. Should the time come that I absolutely have to leave I'll probably have to get myself banned ._.

Rad Bromance
04-07-2010, 03:31 AM
I used to post on the Nosgoth Forums (http://nosgoth.yuku.com/), but I got bored of the LoK/BO games after LoK2 and once I did I realized quickly that the only reason I was still posting there at that point is because I liked the games, and the community basically didn't seem to share any common interests with me besides that, so it became terribly boring.

Actually I pretty much got bored of all the 20 or so message boards I used to post on once I got about two years into college and just gradually stopped posting on all of them except two or three.

Interestingly, I've been lurking EoFF and reading your guys' posts in these forums (with the exception of Eyes on Each Other) since like 2002, when I came here to download the NES/SNES FF roms (which are no longer available) but didn't actually ever register until a few months ago, so this place is like a complete opposite of all the other message boards for me. :)

theundeadhero
04-07-2010, 04:14 AM
I just couldn't stay away.

Agent Proto
04-07-2010, 04:47 AM
Should the time come that I absolutely have to leave I'll probably have to get myself banned ._.

Even after getting yourself banned, you will be tempted to register a new account and start posting again. :p

Mo-Nercy
04-07-2010, 04:54 AM
I've probably spent more time as a non-active member at EoFF than as an active one.

I find that people on forums who feel like they should do an "I'm leaving" thread are pretty involved, active and well-known. So they come back when they realise something is missing in their lives anyway.

I did do an "I'm back" thread though. They're cool, right?

Pheesh
04-07-2010, 09:45 AM
I did do an "I'm back" thread though. They're cool, right?

They better be! Or I've been getting snickered at behind my back all this time.