PDA

View Full Version : If there was a seventh party member ...

demondude
04-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Who would you like it to be? Despite the fact that it wouldn't make any sense, I'd go Dajh. <3 FUCK THAT WOULD BE COOL.

Sephiroth
04-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Dysley should not be in the poll. The same with Serah and Nora Estheim.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2097/ffxiii55.jpg

No.78
04-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I vote Jihl! She seemed to have been betrayed and it could be a good opening for her entry to the party. She's also a short lived but epically cool character and I see her kind of like FFXIII's Beatrix. :P

VeloZer0
04-05-2010, 07:32 PM
It would have been nice if Cid turned out to be cool and not a huge loser who just does what he is told.

I'm going to go with Jihl, she was the only one do looked like she might be a little more than one dimensional.

EDIT: Is it depressing that the entire cast of anyone who appears in FFXIII fits on that small little list?

Raistlin
04-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Jihl was my first thought, too, largely because it was so disappointing to have her offed so quickly and she definitely could've used more development.

Dajh was a good character to develop Sazh, but a 7th party member? Meh.

I would also support the Frocobo kicking ass.

demondude
04-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Dysley should not be in the poll. The same with Serah and Nora Estheim.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2097/ffxiii55.jpg

Be creative! Maybe Dysley decided he'd accompany the party to pick up beauty tips from Vanille. IT COULD HAPPEN.

Sephiroth
04-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Be creative! Maybe Dysley decided he'd accompany the party to pick up beauty tips from Vanille. IT COULD HAPPEN.

Because of his shapeshifting power he can look like whatever and whoever he wants. So I don't need to be creative. He is already.

And the story needs a villain. So who would be the villain if "Emperor Sidious" would accompany the party?

I wish Cid would have a better role. So as antagonist or party member.

Ezme
04-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I picked up on the Jihl-beatrix link too! It was such a shame what happened to her so early :(

Chloe.
04-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Frocobo, obviously. http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/ffmaniac22/pinkzombertforchloe.png

Moon Rabbits
04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
jihl.

Cloudane
04-05-2010, 10:48 PM
I actually thought there would've been. It looked like with maybe a very tiny amount of shrinking there would be enough room for another portrait on the menu :)

Cid gets my vote, it's a pity how his character was treated really.

Wolf Kanno
04-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Cid is the obvious choice, I'm really disappointed how he turned out in the plot. Making him a party member would have really helped.

Beyond that, I would have done the Frocobo cause we've never had a Chocobo playable party member and lord knows XIII needs some beastly love. :love:

Siegurd
04-06-2010, 04:20 AM
Cid is the obvious choice. Everyone else is just competing for second.

Loony BoB
04-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Of the options, Frocobo, although I think that little one has an unfair advantage in just how cool s/he is. Of the others, it's hard to say. Maybe Lebreau and Gadot would be neat, if somehow you could get hold of them through secret methods similar to how you get Yuffie/Vincent in VII.

Cid wouldn't work due to his involvement in the storyline. Jihl would be interesting.

EDIT: Although they would have to somehow find a way for Jihl to become a l'Cie at the right time, which would be hard to given her (short) storyline.

Lost_Summoner
04-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Lebreau - I think she would be abit quirky like a little bit more mature Rikku :)

Aruu
04-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Yuj! I was so disappointed when we didn't get to fight with him during the NORA parts. Him and his poofy beautiful hair :love:

And though I can't stand the girl, it would have been cool to have Serah, if just to show she isn't a useless puppet. She could have been a med/rav/syn or something like that.

crazybayman
04-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Macho guy with a sword. MY GOD, ITS SORELY MISSING THIS.

In other FF's we had:

FF1 - Fighter
FFIV - Cecil
FFVI - Cyan, Edgar, Locke, Shadow
FFVII - Cloud
FFVIII - Squall
FFIX - Steiner (even monkey-boy had daggers)
FFX - Auron, Tidus (regardless if he's whiny and looks like Meg Ryan, Tidus is a testosterone-fueled dude with a big sword).
FFXII - Basch

(I left out FFs II, III and V because I have yet to play them)

It seems like its all about the macho chicks in FFXIII. Just entering Ch. 10, it seems like Lightning and Fang are your two best fighters (from a physical attack perspective), and Lightning is the only one who carries a sword. Though in fairness, Lightning's attack style is sh!t-hot, and fawkin' cool to look at. IMO, its too bad they didn't have a dude who also did something similar.

And Fang.....ooooo, wow is she tough. "Hardly worth the effort" is starting to get on my nerves. I should have Fang in my party, but instead I have Snow. I have enough tough-girl in my party in Lightning. And yeah, Snow is your typical manly hero, but he punches! PUNCHES!! While he b!tch-slaps his enemies, everyone else slices with a sword, lance or shoots. Punching seems hardly effective to me.

Hope is a mega-sissy with a boomerang (oh no, a BOOMERANG!!), and Sahz is a shooter, but to me he's a mage, first and foremost.

I'm not obsessing over swords here, and I'm not being sexist, but it would really appeal to me more if it had a macho dude with a sword, who completely beats (or slices) the crap out of most everything in his path. Every Final Fantasy needs this.

GAWD.

Cloudane
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't see the difference really apart from different bits downstairs (which we can't see, obviously) and voice.

Light is basically Cloud (albeit less interesting)
Fang doesn't use a sword, but is otherwise your typical Auron type.

They're pretty? So was Squall...

PaulinasKnight
04-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Macho guy with a sword. MY GOD, ITS SORELY MISSING THIS.

In other FF's we had:

FF1 - Fighter
FFIV - Cecil
FFVI - Cyan, Edgar, Locke, Shadow
FFVII - Cloud
FFVIII - Squall
FFIX - Steiner (even monkey-boy had daggers)
FFX - Auron, Tidus (regardless if he's whiny and looks like Meg Ryan, Tidus is a testosterone-fueled dude with a big sword).
FFXII - Basch

(I left out FFs II, III and V because I have yet to play them)

It seems like its all about the macho chicks in FFXIII. Just entering Ch. 10, it seems like Lightning and Fang are your two best fighters (from a physical attack perspective), and Lightning is the only one who carries a sword. Though in fairness, Lightning's attack style is sh!t-hot, and fawkin' cool to look at. IMO, its too bad they didn't have a dude who also did something similar.

And Fang.....ooooo, wow is she tough. "Hardly worth the effort" is starting to get on my nerves. I should have Fang in my party, but instead I have Snow. I have enough tough-girl in my party in Lightning. And yeah, Snow is your typical manly hero, but he punches! PUNCHES!! While he b!tch-slaps his enemies, everyone else slices with a sword, lance or shoots. Punching seems hardly effective to me.

Hope is a mega-sissy with a boomerang (oh no, a BOOMERANG!!), and Sahz is a shooter, but to me he's a mage, first and foremost.

I'm not obsessing over swords here, and I'm not being sexist, but it would really appeal to me more if it had a macho dude with a sword, who completely beats (or slices) the crap out of most everything in his path. Every Final Fantasy needs this.

GAWD.

I actually liked the fact that the girls get a chance to be the tough Ex-SOLDIER type. Other than X-2 which was a sad excuse for a sequel, this is the first FF in years to have a girl as the main character. So it's quite refreshing and one of the new/different things they did with this game that I actually approve of/like.

disjointdheart
04-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I vote for Jihl to be an occassional party member. Just as Beatrix was. I kept hoping that she wasn't actually dead, but just knocked out and we'd run into her at a later time. Oh well... She had the potential to be really cool with a great back story. Instead, we were given nothing.

Rad Bromance
04-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Frocobo + Playable Party Memeber = Best Potential DLC ever.

Mo-Nercy
04-10-2010, 08:20 PM
I'd like to see Jihl in the party. She also reminds me of Beatrix. But when she's rocking the glasses and her stick, it also reminds me of Quistis.

Cloudane
04-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah I was reminded of Quistis as well, with hints of Beatrix.

And I tell you what, I bet she can deliver a damn good whipping :love:

Mr. Revolution
04-11-2010, 03:05 AM
What, no love for Rosch?

If anything, he should've been the one to join at the last minute instead of sacrificing himself. He wanted what was best for Cocoon, after all, and so did the l'Cie. It was a shame to see him go the way he did. I never viewed him as a villain--just a man trying to protect what he loved.

Future Esthar
04-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Instead of making the Cavalry believe they should defeat Orphan it would be a smarter move if Dysley just showed a fake desire to take the falīcie and joined the party.

Hollycat
04-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Me, I wanna be a playable character. Id always win