PDA

View Full Version : Do You Still Play the SNES Version?

Yar
04-06-2010, 04:46 PM
There's just something about playing this game on a television with a controller in your hand. And I'm not just talking about the effect of nostalgia.

But, I seem to never use my SNES version anymore. :( The GBA version is just so much more convenient. Granted, if anyone asked to borrow or even buy my SNES version, I would probably slap them for such ridiculous nonsense.

Flying Mullet
04-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I do, only because you get so much more of the backgrounds in the battles this way. I always thought the battle backgrounds were so beautifully done and I enjoy seeing them when I play. That and I can have Relm sketch a bug for me if I'm in the mood. :D

Levian
04-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I bought the advance version when it got out but still haven't gotten as far as Figaro, so next time I start over would have to be on that one. I don't have count on how many times I've played FF6 on various mediums.

Chris
04-06-2010, 08:08 PM
No, I do not, but only because I prefer lying in bed playing the Advance version, and because my copy is pretty busted up.

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I havent played in a while but if I were to do a replay it would probably be on the snes/ps1 version

VeloZer0
04-07-2010, 01:10 AM
SNES ROM is the best way to go. I have gotten so accustomed to the convenience of having frame skip and save states that it always feels like such a letdown to play it any other way.

TheAbominatrix
04-07-2010, 09:03 AM
If my SNES copy hadn't been stolen years ago I'd definitely be playing it, I still get a lot of use out of that system.

Though if I had the GBA copy I'd play that a lot too, and someone stole my Anthologies version which isn't too awful, I don't think I'd opt to sit through that horrible load time again.

Raistlin
04-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Nah, I usually don't bother taking out my SNES for games; I just use a ROM. Though I've also played the Advance version on the PS1.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Though I've also played the Advance version on the PS1.

No, you haven't. :ffviscorn:

Tokimadoushi
04-08-2010, 07:09 AM
I hate the SNES translations too much to play it...
and it's NOT Final Fantasy III!! :mad:

I Don't Need A Name
04-08-2010, 07:55 PM
If I had a SNES, then I would play it

Robostar
04-09-2010, 02:48 AM
I still play it on SNES! My SNES controller is so messed up it cant do blitz anymore lol. I have the cart displayed above my ps2 with my FF figures/ statues :]

theundeadhero
04-09-2010, 03:38 AM
I prefer all the games in their original mediums.

RedPouch
04-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I prefer all the games in their original mediums.
Me too, for the most part. However in the case of FF II, I prefer the GBA version. The GBA version for FF VI is pretty nice with the add-on stuff, but some of my favourite musics got butchered and it takes forever for some spells to finish casting [Holy/Flare/etc]. The PSP version of FFT is awesome because of the AMV's they put in, but [again] the price of having to deal with elongated cast animations for spells [Holy again comes to mind] is just too much. It seems more like a slap-and-paste job to me, but I don't really know much about all that. Anyways, I'm rambling again.

*Laurelindo*
04-11-2010, 04:03 PM
I bought a copy from America a few years ago (had to use it with a converter because Japan hates Europe), and it was amazing until I got to the opera, where the game suddenly started bugging.
I'm not gonna buy a whole new copy just because mine refused to work properly, so nowadays I play the emulator version with a clear conscience. :p

Rase
04-13-2010, 06:28 AM
It's the only version I have, so yep.

finalblackmage
04-13-2010, 05:58 PM
I love the SNES version. The loading on the PS1 version got a bit on my nerves. Never tried the GBA version though.

Umaro_Smash
04-17-2010, 05:59 PM
It's the only version I play.

Bolivar
05-03-2010, 04:15 AM
There's just something about playing this game on a television with a controller in your hand. And I'm not just talking about the effect of nostalgia.

Indeed, that's how they were meant to be played.

You could get the GBA player for the Gamecube and hook that up if you really wanted to, then pop it out and take it with you on the go.

theundeadhero
05-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Or possibly use an SNES and a Super Gameboy :p

Crossblades
05-07-2010, 05:51 PM
You could get the GBA player for the Gamecube and hook that up if you really wanted to, then pop it out and take it with you on the go.

For the most the part, that's how I play my GBA games. And sometimes I use my GBA SP when I want to watch TV while I play my games. So with that in mind, I don't really need to play the SNES version anymore since I find the GBA version to be superior.