PDA

View Full Version : BACK OFF

BarelySeeAtAll
04-06-2010, 11:34 PM
So, let's say your friend is in dire trouble because x, y, and z (the biggest bitch of them all) are making them feel horrendous. Now it's at the point that they feel so rubbish they can't eat without wanting to just bring it all up again etc etc I won't detail it all.

What do you tend to do in that kind of situation? (This isn't me seeking help :tongue: so this belongs here) Are you really protective of your friends, no matter if they're not your bestest of besties? Or do you tend to let them fight their own battles until it gets uber bad, if so define "uber bad".

Go :greenie: and how are you by the way?

NorthernChaosGod
04-06-2010, 11:42 PM
If it's 3-on-1, it's time to rock and roll and kick ass. :cool:

Chris
04-06-2010, 11:46 PM
I try not to get invovled, unless it shapes out to actually become damaging everyone invovled. I've got business of my own, so I try not to meddle in other people's business, as long as my presence isn't needed.

I usually turn out to be the mediator, which is fine by me. :cool:

Bunny
04-06-2010, 11:55 PM
If it gets too out of hand, I try to end it without resorting to violence. However, I am not above completely skipping the talking stage and going straight to a punch-kick fight fest. I'm not super protective of my friends (since all of them are adults and I treat them as such) but I do not like it when they feel horrible since I'm fairly empathetic (lolwut) when it comes to friends and family.

One time, my brother got into an argument with my three best friends at the time for some ungodly reason lost to time and my increasing lack of care for my childhood. They decided they were going to jump him while he was minding his own business doing something else. I decided to help my brother kick their ass regardless of the fallout that would occur. I moved shortly after so it didn't really matter, but it's still amusing.

Jessweeee♪
04-06-2010, 11:56 PM
I'll speak up if the situation isn't helpless.

kotora
04-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't like getting involved in that kind of stuff because it's a pain in the ass. Then again it's more common with women who just have to make a big drama out of everything while most guys will just punch each other and call it a day when they have some problem with each other.

Parker
04-07-2010, 02:04 PM
i take great pleasure in helping a friend ina fight! vicious headbutts connecting in tandem with my ejaculatorial squirtz

Zeldy
04-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I have this within my circle of friends, two of them ganging up on one. It did end up causing so much unnecessary tension, if you fall out with someone fine, but do you really need to dig at them all the time? It drove us insane how the two of them would dig at her, sometimes when she's there or bitch about her to us when she wasn't. We ended up getting so pissy about it and told the two to get over it and that they should be ashamed for how they've been treating her. Which they said they were, but 7 months later it's a bit late to be like "oh yeah sorry..".

It says a lot about the type of person someone is if they gang up on another. I've ended up kinda turning my back on the two of my 'friends' who ganged up on the other, they proved to me that they're just not nice people! That and a load of other :bou::bou::bou::bou: and blahhhhhhh.

Jess
04-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I try not to get involved. I hate drama. If two friends have issues with eachother, they can sort it out themselves. They're adults. Nothing to do with me. If they're behaving like children, though - I'll be sure to tell them both just that.

If it's bullying though - I'm gonna do something. And afterwards, they're no longer gonna be my friends either - don't have time for people like that.

Raistlin
04-07-2010, 08:58 PM
The vast majority of the time I won't get involved. But if it's a friend I really care about and/or the offence is especially egregious, I have no reservations about stepping in and speaking my mind. I've never had to resort to physical fighting to protect a friend, though.

41-Inches-Wide
04-09-2010, 06:05 PM
I tend to side to someone who is clearly being ganged up. I dunno, protective instincts are always set to high for me.

Old Manus
04-09-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't know about your your problem, but I feel great. Thanks for asking :manus: