PDA

View Full Version : Clumsy? Im not clu...*falls down stairs*

Unbreakable Will
04-07-2010, 05:06 PM
So I might be a tad clumsy, I don't fall down a lot but I do bumb into things quite a bit. Like just a few minutes ago I rammed my knee into the side of the desk.

Are you clumsy? Whats the clumsiest thing you've ever done?
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_shbDd8GvnlI/RuLRO0LJ9tI/AAAAAAAAECc/-jE9CGwnhLE/1450093.jpg

Whoa, huge picture is too huge. ~ Mulley

Zeldy
04-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm more ditsy than clumsy, I'll never completely fall over as I always manage to somehow catch myself. I just very regularly nearly fall, and I'll very nearly drop things all of the time. It's embarrassing when I'm work as I feel anxious of the manager's glare 99% of the time and I always slip up in front of him, like I basically walked into a load of crates to which he replied "Mind the crates, Amy". I was like ;_; ;_; ;_; I DIDN'T SEE THEM ;_; ;_;

Jess
04-07-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm so clumsy it's ridiculous.

I swear I'm always tripping over and falling over in little holes in the pavement that nobody else ever does. I'm constantly dropping things, and knocking drinks over .etc

I'm always covered in bruises from bumping/walking into things.

It used to be embarrassing, but when it happens so often you kinda just get used to it. Most of the people I know are used to me being like it too. xD

At my job, I never get the drinks in for the team - because we know when/if I do somebody, or the floor is gonna get covered in drinks and hot coffee. boo!

klutz.

NorthernChaosGod
04-07-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm as graceful as a cat. :cool:

Nah, I just don't run into things or trip.

Freya
04-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm super clumsy. I fall all the time. Just the other night I managed to splash boiling water on myself and now I have a burn on my belly :(. I'm always injuring myself and I always do stupid things that I should have realized was a stupid idea. Like taking my puppy in the shower cause "washing her in the bathtub could hurt my back when I lean down." Yeah better than getting scratched to hell. It's my balance really. I don't have the best balance.

Chris
04-07-2010, 09:53 PM
I seem to have my balancing skills in order. :p

Rebellious Eagle
04-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Ouch, Freya, that sounds painful. I would know, I burned myself with my flatiron the other day. Hurt like mad!
I'm not really that clumsy, surprisingly. One time when I was little, I was playing my keyboard at the dining room table. While it was plugged in, I pulled out of the chair, tripped over the wire (which was wrapped around the chair), and the chair came crashing down on my leg. Let me mention that it was a really heavy wooden chair, too. :x

Vermachtnis
04-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Every time you fall, pick something up. The clumsiest thing I ever done was trip over a bright orange fence thing they put in front of construction sites.

Mo-Nercy
04-08-2010, 01:22 AM
I'm not clumsy in the sense that I fall over things a lot, more in the way that I get distracted by things very easily and stop paying attention to what I should be. A lot of the time, I'll just be walking along and something will catch my eye and then I'll bump into someone.

It can also make for a very scary driving experience when I'm behind the wheel. "Oooh.. doggy."

fire_of_avalon
04-08-2010, 01:36 AM
I am a little more like Mo' in that I don't do a lot of falling down, I just don't have a lot of focus or grace. The other day I was behind a sales counter filling out an order for a fishing license. The counter actually jutted out and wrapped around the computer area. I'm not sure why it does that, probably it was designed to trap foas. AND IT DID. I turned around to go to the register and SLAM, a counter right in my belly. I have a bruise from hip to hip.

Aibbie
04-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Hmm, I dunno if it's in the same category but I have such a short attention span it's ridiculous. Half the time I'll run into doors or walls cause I'm zoning out or not paying attention to the fact that I'm still walking? :confused:

Breine
04-08-2010, 08:59 PM
I can be pretty clumsy. It's not unusual for me to knock a body part of mine into something and thereby unintentionally hurt myself. I also sometimes tend to knock things over, or drop stuff.

For example, for the last couple of days I've just been dropping all kinds of stuff, and knocking things over all the time. Salami flying everywhere etc.

Unbreakable Will
04-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Today I had a key thingy for a private group study room on our campus library in my hands, the keys attatched to a large wooden handle mind you, and as I was walking up the stairs I nearly tripped and let go of it to catch myself and it fell on this guys head. :onoes:

Momiji
04-09-2010, 05:46 AM
I ran into the side of a doorway and broke my toe in a near-90-degree angle once.

Brunettepudding
04-09-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm with Zeldy on this one. I'm not clumsy really, I just almost fall...all the damn time. I also hit my arms on walls all the time, and... yeah, I guess that's it.

kotora
04-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't fall over or trip, but I do tend to knock over stuff a lot. Then again it's probably because my biceps are so huge, I have to hold my arms at a 90 degrees angle.

qwertysaur
04-09-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm not too clumsy. Sometimes I'm just not paying attention and I'll bump into something though :p

Rantz
04-09-2010, 03:48 PM
I am a little more like Mo' in that I don't do a lot of falling down, I just don't have a lot of focus or grace.

This is the case for me as well.

NorthernChaosGod
04-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Today I had a key thingy for a private group study room on our campus library in my hands, the keys attatched to a large wooden handle mind you, and as I was walking up the stairs I nearly tripped and let go of it to catch myself and it fell on this guys head. :onoes:
:mock:

I'm with Zeldy on this one. I'm not clumsy really, I just almost fall...all the damn time. I also hit my arms on walls all the time, and... yeah, I guess that's it.

Sounds clumsy to me. :semicolonpee:

Brunettepudding
04-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Shut up, Julian. <3

Bad Wolf
04-10-2010, 02:44 AM
I am unbelievably accident prone. I drop things, fall over, and bump into things a lot. Nothing I have ever done, though, has ever compared to the time I deep-fried my hand. God that hurt.

No.78
04-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I am incredibly clumsy. Two days ago I knocked an ornamental mug off my Nan's cabinet putting on my coat, and it smashed on the floor. 50 years old, too. =\ I felt awful.

Nothing I have ever done, though, has ever compared to the time I deep-fried my hand. God that hurt.

Bloody hell. :|

NorthernChaosGod
04-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Nothing I have ever done, though, has ever compared to the time I deep-fried my hand. God that hurt.

I think it's story time.

*sits down*

Bad Wolf
04-11-2010, 09:48 PM

I think it's story time.

*sits down*

A few years ago, I was working at a McDonald's. Well, I was working the fryers in the back when I noticed a loose piece. I went to fix it, and my hand slipped in the grease for a fraction of a second (not enough to cause any permanent damage, but enough for that portion of my hand to end up covered in blisters). I stayed at work for a little while longer, unwrapped my hand, and decided that a trip to the hospital was in order. I called up my sister (with whom I was living at the time), and she took me to the emergency room. All the doctors really did was give me some cream to put on it and a tetanus shot, and told me to keep it bandaged for a week.

As I said before, there was no permanent damage, but it was still probably the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life.

No.78
04-11-2010, 09:50 PM

I think it's story time.

*sits down*

A few years ago, I was working at a McDonald's. Well, I was working the fryers in the back when I noticed a loose piece. I went to fix it, and my hand slipped in the grease for a fraction of a second (not enough to cause any permanent damage, but enough for that portion of my hand to end up covered in blisters). I stayed at work for a little while longer, unwrapped my hand, and decided that a trip to the hospital was in order. I called up my sister (with whom I was living at the time), and she took me to the emergency room. All the doctors really did was give me some cream to put on it and a tetanus shot, and told me to keep it bandaged for a week.

As I said before, there was no permanent damage, but it was still probably the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life.

Yeah I worked at McDonalds too, it was very painful.

NorthernChaosGod
04-12-2010, 03:33 AM

Wtf, you kept working? I would have been all, "Bitch, I burnt my mo'fucking hand, I'm going to the emergency room."

Bad Wolf
04-18-2010, 03:07 PM
If that had happened now, I probably would have, but this was several years ago and I was a bit more timid than I am now.

Imperfectionist
04-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Clumsy is my middle name :(

I always end up misjudging how far away I am from something cos i'm not concentrating and then end up walking straight into it. Oh and I can't go a day without dropping something, yesterday at work I dropped a bottle of purple nail varnish and it went EVERYWHERE. Like seriously, the floor, my shoes, some customer's jeans, EVERYWHERE.

I always knock stuff over too. A few weeks ago I had a mug of tea next to my bed and I somehow managed to get my foot into the mug and knock it onto my bed :mad2:

Iceglow
04-19-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm not all that clumsy a person, however I end up having clumsy moments at the worst time possible. Example 1) I am walking past the games department with an entire stack of CDs in one hand, I know the book table is there right next to me on the right and I'm 1 step away from coming past it enough to turn even though I'm not paying attention I do this so often I know where I am. I heard a customer say "Excuse me!" and so instinctively I turned around knocking a couple of books off the table and dropping some CDs as well. The customer helped me pick up some of the CDs and the books on the floor and as I secure the pile a few more CDs fall. I cracked a joke even though on the inside I was like ;_; customer turned out when I finally had a good enough grip on the CD pile to pay attention to only be Lilly Allen the singer...I made her laugh though so she was ok with it all.

Shiny
04-20-2010, 08:35 AM
I can be clumsy sometimes. I tend to trip up stairs occasionally, but thankfully never fall down the stairs. A few weeks ago I was ironing naked and I completely blanked. I don't know. I was probably daydreaming and half asleep, but the next thing I know I felt something hot was on my belly. Some how I had forgotten that I had an iron in my hand and placed it near my belly. I had to put some Neosporin on it.