PDA

View Full Version : Some event feedback.

Agent Proto
04-08-2010, 04:09 AM
I guess this would be the most appropriate forum to ask this question. I'll include a quick poll as well to see how it goes! Feel free to vote in the poll while you reply.

Anyway, I think other members might like to know so here's the question. For events that require your votes, how do you prefer to vote in such events? Public via posts/polls/etc, or private via PM (Mognet Message).

I'm only curious as to what the members prefer, not that it'll necessary affect any future events. :greenie:

Mo-Nercy
04-08-2010, 04:29 AM
PMs are better. I'd say that people are less inclined to take polls seriously.
Not that I'm suggesting that the events on EoFF are to be taken seriously. xD
My point is that MMs demand a little more committment to the event.

I remember I won the Screen Name Tourny a few years back with a record low amount of votes, because people weren't too wow-ed by the finalists (I s'pose you'd know that too, proto =D). People didn't PM in their votes because they no longer had a strong opinion as to who should've won. But if it had been a public poll, it may well have been a different story, because then everyone who just checked out the thread out of curiousity would've ended up voting, even though they may not have had a strong opinion as to who was the deserving winner.

Jiro
04-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Mognet Messages take effort. I'm less inclined to do that, but I usually do it anyway because I want my votes to count. But to encourage voting you're better off doing public votes. Not polls though. I hate polls :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
04-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm more inclined to vote if I don't have to go through the extra effort.

Bunny
04-08-2010, 09:16 AM
They both have uses but I prefer public posts and polls for the simple fact that they are easier to access.

Madame Adequate
04-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Voting through PMs makes me cbaaaaaaa

qwertysaur
04-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Depends on the event. :p

Raistlin
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Polls are easier, and then people have access to current results. PMs are only better if making a poll would be too unwieldy (see: Ciddies).

Agent Proto
04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Haha, a tie so far between public and private voting. I wonder which of the two will prevail, or be the members' choice.

docta fizz
04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I like being kept up to date on the issues so I know what the future holds :D private polls/pm's just aren't as... public? lol

NorthernChaosGod
04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Haha, a tie so far between public and private voting. I wonder which of the two will prevail, or be the members' choice.

Public is winning now!

Freya
04-09-2010, 01:30 AM
I guess I like public polls for that instant "what are people voting for!" but the private PM's give a build up to "OMG no way how did so and so lose/win?". You have that whole anticipation of the PM's, not so much when you see the poll progress.

So Private.