PDA

View Full Version : Out of the known races, which do you think you'll most likely choose?

KentaRawr!
04-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Right now, we don't really know what their stats will be like, or what stats would even be most desired. So I guess this is just about looks.

Personally, I'm thinking I'll go with a Lalafell. I quite like the Lalafell. :p But I don't know if I'll go with Dunesfolk or Plainsfolk. What about you, EoFF?

To be honest, I'd rather choose the Miqo'te, but there's no male Miqo'te. :(

Del Murder
04-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Right now I don't like any of them. I think the little folk are too creepy so I don't think I will be that again. If there is a hume choice that is non-gay or non-grrrr then I will probably choose that. From the pictures released so far there doesn't seem to be, yet.

The girls have much cooler options. :(

KentaRawr!
04-08-2010, 06:50 PM
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3624/1270726218270.gif

How could you be so mean to something so cute?

Mirage
04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm gonna be a super hot black mithra.

Del Murder
04-08-2010, 07:33 PM
They don't look as bad there, but that's a girl and it's easier for girls to be cute.

I'll have to see them live in game to make my final decision.

KentaRawr!
04-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I just know you're going to choose Lalafell in the end, Del. I just know it.

:)

Miriel
04-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Eh, the Lalafell look more like little children then they look like a completely different species like Tarus did. Tarus were cute, but more in a novelty sort of way, less in a little kid sort of way if that makes any sense. I loved how Tarus looked in FFXI and I wish they had kept the same design.

I'm trying to decide between the regular hume, which would be a safe choice, or Sun Miqo'te which might be a fun change of pace.

Rostum
04-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Dunesfolk Lalafell for me, most likely. I am not sure what class, as they all look great to play.

KentaRawr!
04-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Moustache for Lalafell confirmed.

No.78
04-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Either the red Galka, the pansy elvaan or the topless Hume.

If there are any hot pansy-elves then I'll be that. If there are any hot topless Humes, I'll be that as a backup. Failing them, the red Galka looks awesome.

I actually can't decide and I can't remember their new names either so I'll save this poll for later, haha.

Loony BoB
04-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Rogadyn. Don't know about which one as there isn't much information on the differences.

Ultimage
04-10-2010, 04:21 PM
This is actually a difficult choice this time around. I might play as a Midlander Hyur, but I think I'll end up choosing between a Hellsguard Roegadyn or a Lalafell (I don't know which clan, though). I guess I'll have to wait and answer the poll whenever I actually decide.

There are just so many decisions that I have to make about my future character, that I might still be making them when the game releases. Well, that and I do tend to procrastinate.

Mirage
04-11-2010, 12:15 PM
be a highlander yo

Ultimage
04-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Highlander? {No thanks.} I find them (or at least, the examples released so far) to be rather creepy looking. Just like how a lot of people think the Lalafells look creepy. I think it's mostly their faces, so my opinion could change.

I still don't think I could be a Highlander. If nothing else, I think the "There can be only one," jokes would get old very fast.

Mirage
04-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Hell no, highlanders look the most badass out of them all. Especially the bearded one. I wonder what the females will look like. They better exist.

Ultimage
04-11-2010, 05:01 PM
I can agree with badass, but I still think they look fairly creepy. It's the facial expressions. It might just be me, though.

Plus, I thought there was talk of no female highlanders?

Mirage
04-11-2010, 08:44 PM
There better not be.

No.78
04-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I heard ages ago that you could be a male Mithra in this game.

I am sorely disappointed.

Mirage
04-11-2010, 10:39 PM
I am too.

Rostum
04-12-2010, 12:36 AM
SE's never said you could make a male Miqo'te, nor have they said you could make a female Roe. It also seems to appear that the Highlanders are male only too.

Mirage
04-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Source on those sad news :(?

What is it with SE's irrational fear of making non-supermodel females.

KentaRawr!
04-12-2010, 01:09 AM
They like looking at pretty girls.

Mirage
04-12-2010, 01:11 AM
By that logic there should be no men in the game at all, unless they're a bunch of faggots at S-E.

Del Murder
04-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Or women work there.

Vermachtnis
04-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Too be fair a lot of male characters could pass for female.

KentaRawr!
04-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Because I don't want to make a new thread and also because it's vaguely relevant, here's a video of the character creation process of FFXIV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgM2TmMbgLg). As you can see, this player created a Lalafell.

:3

Rase
04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Whichever ones works best for being a Red Mage. The brief time I played FFXI I played a cat chick, so I probably would try something different.

Ultimage
04-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Uh... Sorry to disappoint, but there is no RDM. You might be able to make a similar job through mixing elements of Conjurer and Thaumaturge, but we don't know enough at this point to know if that would even be useful.

I know what you mean though. My current plan is to level Conjurer bit first, then switch to Thaumaturge and level that with some of Conjurer's utility spells. Of course, that is just a very loose plan based on the little info we have now.

You know, it would be really nice to know the official abbreviations for the classes. Typing Conjurer and Thaumaturge out constantly takes a good amount of time, considering I'm not really a fast Tyler.

No.78
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Hmmm, why were Dunesfolk greyed out?

Why is the themetune the same as FF12s?

So when you select your initial discipline, is that just so you're equipped for it? I mean, you can still be the other disciplines, right?

Oh, I love that you can have surnames!!! That's so cool! The graphics are amazing...

I hope there are more face and hair options. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere you can add scars and tattoos, too.

Rase
04-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Uh... Sorry to disappoint, but there is no RDM. You might be able to make a similar job through mixing elements of Conjurer and Thaumaturge, but we don't know enough at this point to know if that would even be useful.

I know what you mean though. My current plan is to level Conjurer bit first, then switch to Thaumaturge and level that with some of Conjurer's utility spells. Of course, that is just a very loose plan based on the little info we have now.
Bah, that's what I get for knowing nothing about the classes. After looking them up I guess I'd go Lancer with a dash of Conjurer. I know it sounds strange and may very well be a retarded idea, but whatever. Would probably be a Miqo'te, Keeper of the Moon.

Mirage
04-12-2010, 09:18 PM

So when you select your initial discipline, is that just so you're equipped for it? I mean, you can still be the other disciplines, right?

Oh, I love that you can have surnames!!! That's so cool! The graphics are amazing...

I hope there are more face and hair options. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere you can add scars and tattoos, too.

Please don't forget that this is an alpha version, that's like even earlier than beta. Most of the game is not complete. The amount of options there currently are in character creation do not in any way reflect the amount of options you will get when the game is complete. The game's performance is not as good as it will be in the final game either, nor are the graphics as good looking as they will be later.

What exactly do you mean by theme tune? The one that's been around since Final Fantasy 1 and used in something like half of all the games in the series? :p

The main reason Square Enix doesn't want alpha test leaks is people jumping to conclusions like this, based on something that is "work in progress" :p.

Rostum
04-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I think people are confused because barely any MMO's will have a public alpha stage. Most people, even those on the beta forums, don't understand what it is and that it is not meant to be a final product like closed/open betas are for MMO's.

Alpha still means heavy development stage, wheras with beta it's definitely more about bugs and balancing.

I suppose the last thing to say on the matter is you can see on the video it says "Character creation is currently under development".

Ultimage
04-13-2010, 04:01 AM

Dunesfolk are grayed out because they aren't available right now.

Yes, you can change jobs later by switching weapons.

There will be more character customization options in the full game, just most of them are still under development.

Freya
04-14-2010, 07:04 PM
I'ma be a deer/cat lady who plays around at night cause well. Yah. Deer/cat lady COME ON!

Hollycat
04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Cactuar, estharian desert variety

*Devore*
04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I usually picks elves but the males look really moody, if I can make them look more cheerful then I would choose them. But until then I'm Highlander.

No.78
04-19-2010, 04:08 PM
What exactly do you mean by theme tune? The one that's been around since Final Fantasy 1 and used in something like half of all the games in the series? :p

What, really? I swear I have only heard this song in the FF12 intro movie and this. :/

KentaRawr!
04-19-2010, 08:54 PM

What, really? I swear I have only heard this song in the FF12 intro movie and this. :/

Final Fantasy 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3pzRgtYDmo)

You silly. :3

Rostum
04-20-2010, 12:56 AM

Levian
04-20-2010, 02:02 AM
FF12 is definitely the game where the theme is most prominent (and epic!), it's quite epic in FF1 too though. :D I didn't notice it much until FF12 either, I guess I don't pay much attention to ending credits.

I'm going to pick whichever race looks the most like me.

Loony BoB
04-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Cue the short jokes.

Aydin
05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm totally gonna be a lalafell!

I thought that Tarutaru were much cuter though... Oh well. =/

Dignified Pauper
05-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Lallafell, definitely.