PDA

View Full Version : So, FFXIV's soundtrack has been leaked.

KentaRawr!
04-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I've listened to a few of the tracks. If you get your own hands on the soundtrack, take a listen to 3C. It reminds me of the Pirate's Cove from FFV towards the beginning. Then it takes a turn for Ronfaure from FFXI.

Also, no OST coming from me. The download link I used has been taken down. Sorry. :p

Del Murder
04-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Ronfaure was my favorite music from FFXI. I expect good things from this soundtrack after the letdowns of XII and XIII.

Rostum
04-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Considering this is whole thing is composed by Uematsu, and he also did Ronfaure's music, it is quality. In fact, I honestly think it's heaps better.

There is certainly a track in there that reminded me of Ronfaure. In fact, there are songs in there that remind me of a lot of old school Final Fantasy songs. It's great.

Del Murder
04-09-2010, 05:29 PM
I can't wait to hear it. Maybe I should go look for some leaked tracks.

KentaRawr!
04-10-2010, 12:13 AM
I can browse the intarwebz and try to find a safe download. >.>

arcanedude34
04-10-2010, 02:03 AM
NyaaTorrents >> Torrent Info >> [cairxiv.net] Final Fantasy XIV OST RIP/LEAK | Anime, manga, and music - Just say the word (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=123657&showfiles=1)

That's a link to puppies and candies, not anything illegal.

For non-torrent-using puppy-lovers: 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download FFXIVAlpha OST.rar (http://www.4shared.com/file/Q_yto97p/FFXIVAlpha_OST.html)

Ronfaure was my favorite music from FFXI. I expect good things from this soundtrack after the letdowns of XII and XIII.
The chocobo song in XIII was at least kickin. The chocobo song in XIV may actually be the best of the series. Simply astounding.

EDIT: The classic fanfare's back! Uematsu does love us!

Del Murder
04-10-2010, 09:17 AM
His music is so beautiful. I do hear some of the old FF themes in there. It is renewing my faith in the music for this series. Still not as good as XI but we've barely heard it so far.

No.78
04-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Downloading! Haha, I liked the music in 12 and 13 and didn't like Ronfaure's music. I loved the music in Caedarva Mire, Arrapago Reef etc.

Gotta love leaks.

EDIT: Wow a couple of these songs I really like. The soundtrack seems to take recurring musical themes from every FF so far, like some of the songs sound like direct remixes to old FFs. It's really cool and yeah the chocobo theme is hardcooore.

Yeargdribble
04-13-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm afraid I might just not like this soundtrack as much as FFXIs. However, FFXI has the benefit of those musics being tied to an area that gives me some attachment. Maybe I'll get that with XIV, but so far I'm not even in love with the setting.

Technologically the setting seems between VI and VII while FXI was a little closer to IV or IX. Just a personal preference though. I really hope the game wins me over the music does the same as well.

EDIT: How about some lists of tracks you all really like?

I'm re-listening backward over the tracks. So far I've enjoyed 50 quite a bit and 48's not bad. 49 seems Chocobo related.

No.78
04-13-2010, 06:23 PM
27 is my favorite hands down.

KentaRawr!
04-13-2010, 09:16 PM
44 is sounding pretty darn tranquil! I bet it's for Gridania. :smurf: