PDA

View Full Version : Leaked FFXIV Cutscene!

KentaRawr!
04-09-2010, 12:59 AM
This will probably be taken down soon, but here it is while it lasts:

YouTube - Final Fantasy XIV - Cutscene #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akEn5xSDi6A)

Sorry for making so many different threads, by the way! Maybe I should have just made a thread about news on FFXIV. :p

Anyway, in case you see this after it's taken down, there's voice acting, it's rendered with the in-game graphics, and it's very cinematic. I'll look around and see if anybody has ripped off of Youtube already.

Rostum
04-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Indeed, it was a nice experience! I may or may not know "someone" who has the whole thing in 720p.

;)

Mirage
04-09-2010, 05:06 PM
<-

Del Murder
04-09-2010, 05:27 PM
The FFXI opening scene was better.

Rostum
04-09-2010, 11:52 PM
No way.

KentaRawr!
04-10-2010, 12:12 AM
FFXI's opening scene was pretty great, but I think that when you compare this to the opening cutscenes that introduce your character in FFXI, this beats it. :p

Rostum
04-10-2010, 03:00 AM
Oh, comparing it to the pre-rendered intro for FFXI? This is the equivilant of that dialogue you get in your starting city when you first create your character.

FFXIV has a pre-rendered opening cutscene, but it wasn't included with the Alpha client (understandable).

Del Murder
04-10-2010, 04:43 AM
Oh gotcha. Yeah this is better than the opening Windurst scene. :p

No.78
04-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Damn, I missed it.

Youtube gets on my nerves sometimes.

KentaRawr!
04-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Damn, I missed it.

Youtube gets on my nerves sometimes.

There should be downloads somewhere on the internet, but the forum where I found most of this has been cleaned of most leaks. What a tease. :(

Ultimage
04-11-2010, 05:07 PM
There are still videos out there, probably. Heck, the video from the live stream was still up yesterday or friday night. Plus, Firefox has an extension that allows you to download video from a lot of websites. I wouldn't be surprised if someone downloaded videos of the cutscenes and copies of the live stream.

Yeargdribble
04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I grabbed it from there and more recently got a fantastic quality one off of someone's site which I probably shouldn't mention. What I will say is that if you visit forums where this stuff has been leaked do some detective work and you can probably find a site for this stuff.

That said, I still feel that FFXI's opening movie was better, though if we're just talking about nation cutscenes then I guess this beats the little nation intros.

Rostum
04-14-2010, 12:37 AM
That said, I still feel that FFXI's opening movie was better, though if we're just talking about nation cutscenes then I guess this beats the little nation intros.

As has been said before, this is just the nation intro equivilant. There's going to be different ones for the other two nations. The do have a pre-rendered intro for the game (just like FFXI), but we've only seen bits and pieces of it (which already look more amazing).